PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Dream

timvp
08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our forum.

Five score years ago, some great Spurs fans, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, helped create this forum. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to hundreds of Spurs fans who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice at the hands of the other forum. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the captivity at the hands of those who were not worthy of our time.

But five years later, the SpursTalk.com poster is no longer free. Five years later, the life of the poster is still sadly crippled by the lack of common decency rampant in these parts. Five years later, the posters live on a lonely island of personal attacks in a vast ocean of vulgarity. Five years later, the poster is languished in the corners of the forum hiding his or her true identity as to not be insulted by someone who they have never met. So I have come here today to change this shameful condition.

In a sense I've come to cash a check. When the architects of our founding mothers and fathers wrote the magnificent words of the Revolution and the Declaration of Freedom, they were signing a promissory note to which every poster was to fall heir.

This note was a promise that all men, yes, fat men and well as ugly men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the right to common courtesy.

It is obvious today that the forum has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as the lack of decency is concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, the forum has given the posters a bad check; a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But I refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. I refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this this forum. So we have come to cash this check- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind the forum of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of private messaging or to take the tranquilizing drug of an unplugged internet.

Now is the time to make real the promises of decency and respect. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of vulgarity to the sunlit path of justice for all posters. Now is the time to lift our forum from the quicksands of uncalled for personal attacks to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of SpursTalk.com's posters.

It would be fatal for the forum to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the posters' legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Two thousand and seven is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that I needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the forum returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in the forum until posters are granted his and her rights to common decency. The whirlwinds of justice will continue to shake the foundations of our forum until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our movement to degenerate into mass bannings. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting unnecessary vulgarity with a path to enlightenment.

The new defensiveness which has engulfed our community must not lead us to a distrust of all trolls, for many of our trolls, as evidenced by their agreement in my stance, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of the rights to common decency, "When will you be satisfied?"

We can never be satisfied as long as the Spurs fan is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of unnecessary personal insults.

We can never be satisfied as long as our fingers, heavy with the fatigue of posting, are used to wipe away tears brought on by an unnecessary insult.

We cannot be satisfied as long as the Spurs fan's basic mobility is from a mild insult to a deeper cutting one.

We can never be satisfied as long as our fellow posters are stripped of their dignity and robbed of their ability to post personal information without the fear of forthcoming unnecessary and viscous personal insults.

We cannot be satisfied as long as a poster in the club cannot post a plea for help and a poster in the Spurs forum believes he can't go to a GTG because of the personal attacks which will follow the posting of the pictures.

No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from being banned elsewhere. Some of you have come from forums where your quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of moderator brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. However, the freedom in which you were granted on this forum does not give you carte blanche to act however it is you wish to act.

Go back to the Spurs forum, go back to the Club, go back to the Political Forum, go back to NBA Forum, go back to the College Sports Forum, go back to the forums of the other teams who have places to discuss their team here, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair.

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of the American creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all posters are created equal."

I have a dream that one day in a thread in the Club the sons of former indecent posters and the sons of former wrongly insulted posters will be able to post together as one brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the Troll forum, a forum sweltering with uncalled for vulgarity, sweltering with the heat of personal insults, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and trolling.

I have a dream that all the posters of SpursTalk.com will one day live in a forum where they will not be judged by their GTG pic but by the content of their posts.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in the Political forum, with its vicious extremists, that one day right down in the Political forum, little Republican boys and Republican girls will be able to join hands with little Democratic boys and Democratic sisters.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every thread shall be cleansed, every insult and needless vulgarity-ridden posts shall be no more, the rough threads will remain humane, and the bashfests will be made civilized, and the glory of the freedom shall be revealed, and all posters shall see it together.

This is my hope. This is the faith that I will go back to the forum with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our forum into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood.

With this faith we will be able to post together, to laugh together, to mourn together, to celebrate together, to stand up and cheer together, knowing that we will be free from personal insults on the forum in which we all built.

This will be the day when all of the posters on the forum will be able to type with new meaning, "My forum 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, on thee I post. Land where my inhibitions died, land of the Spurs' pride, from every thread inside, let freedom ring."

And if SpursTalk is to be a great forum, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the powerful laptops of the knowledgeable posters in the Spurs forum. Let freedom ring from the mighty computers of Argentina. Let freedom ring from France and fans of basketball all around the globe.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped mountains of Slovenia. Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of whichever poster wishes to post her picture. But not only that; let freedom ring from the trolls in the Troll forum. Let freedom ring from those who inhabit this forum I post this message.

Let freedom ring from every sentence in this fine message board. From every emoticon, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every thread and every post, from every argument and every celebration, we will be able to speed up that day when all of SpursTalk.com's posters, fat men and ugly men, super models and millionaires, virgins and playas, will be able to join hands and sing: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank timvp Almighty, we are free at last!"

timvp
08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Reference Thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75683)

Sister Thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75702)

NorCal510
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
im not reading all that nonsense

timvp
08-10-2007, 12:20 PM
im not reading all that nonsenseOne man's trash is another man's reclamation project.

NorCal510
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
your avatar is elusive and determinal.

Holt's Cat
08-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Remove NorCal and you're three-quarters of the way to your goal.

marini martini
08-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't mind Norcal or the other Trolls, as long as they stay in the Troll forum, or play nice in the other forums.

maxpower
08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Rome was not built in one post...err day.

But here is to moving in the direction of your vision.

Hail, timvp.

SpursWoman
08-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't mind Norcal or the other Trolls, as long as they stay in the Troll forum

It's not just the people that post in the Troll forum.

Silver21_Black20
08-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Great post, timvp!

NorCal510
08-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Remove NorCal and you're three-quarters of the way to your goal.
:lol

Holt's Cat
08-10-2007, 12:44 PM
It's like any 15 year old with a modem is trolling ST.com nowadays.

Holt's Cat
08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Free societies are great until the morons show up.

JoeChalupa
08-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm down with the sickness.

Solid D
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Amen. You had me at "threshold" timvp. I wish you hath saith more about yon dirty diaper that is the TRoLL FoRum.

MLK's Lawyer
08-10-2007, 02:14 PM
timvp's comments on this matter are someone constrained due to pending legal action.

PM5K
08-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Cliffs FTW....

SpursWoman
08-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Amen. You had me at "threshold" timvp. I wish you hath saith more about yon dirty diaper that is the TRoLL FoRum.

Did you read the linked threads? :lol

Solid D
08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Did you read the linked threads? :lol

I just now looked and perused them. I hope it helps. Thanks, SW.

BeerIsGood!
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Interested to see if this actually leads to more open conversation with less personal attacks. Taking away 4/5th of an idiot's vocabulary may render him mute, or frustrated.

BeerIsGood!
08-10-2007, 02:25 PM
do you collect social security for being a dumb ass? They should have a special group that can collect something for being as dumb as you.

Seriously, how old are you? Are you 14 or 15? It's one thing to talk shit and post shit and stir the pot, but you just type stupid shit in every topic.

You also can't follow any fucking courtesy rule that isn't written in stone.

I don't know how you make it through the day.

I don't think your crap is an act either, I really think you are stupid.

I'm not going to let you keep waking up to the world acting like a dipshit. I want you know that you're stupid.

Check yourself.

Is the line in the sand drawn somewhere south of this?

whottt
08-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Remove Danyo and you're 99.9999999999999999% of the way to your goal.

Fixed.

Norcal has actually made me laugh...

Danyo's not a troll...he's not entertaining, he's not funny, he's not intelligent, he doesn't have good basketball opinions, he doesn't provoke a strong reaction of out people other than a sincere desire to avoid him, which means even his obnoxiousness has no value...and he's not smart enough to change, as evidenced by the fact that he's been owned by the likes of LakerGod and Wolves009.

I say this with 100% certainty...

If you ban Danyo this forum will get more posters and it will be a better forum. Silence him forever. He's not going to become a better poster...he's not smart enough to do that...even if he wanted to change.

It doesn't matter to me really....I've had him on ignore since the second or third post he made bumping wolves009 threads...I'm just giving you some advice. This dude has nothing positive to contribute...not even in troll categories.

The fact that he just about singlehandely fucked up the bravatar thing for all time is actually secondary...

:td

Take him out gladiator. I promise you won't regret it.

SpursWoman
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Interested to see if this actually leads to more open conversation with less personal attacks. Taking away 4/5th of an idiot's vocabulary may render him mute, or frustrated.

That'd be great. :tu :lol

whottt
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Even if Danyo makes an apology and does nothing but compliment people from this day forward, bends over backwards attempting to be nice to every single person on the forum...he'll still suck and should still be banned. He's that lame. And he can't help it.

SRJ
08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Five score years ago, some great Spurs fans, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, helped create this forum.

This forum is 100 years old?

SpursWoman
08-10-2007, 03:38 PM
This forum is 100 years old?

Yes. When I say that I'm old, I'm being serious.

SRJ
08-10-2007, 03:39 PM
:lol

ShoogarBear
08-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry. :depressed

ShoogarBear
08-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Great post, timvp!Oh, look who's talking.

Miss A-#1 Potty Mouth.

FromWayDowntown
08-10-2007, 04:32 PM
timvp has shamed me into never, ever posting again.

Good bye, all!

NorCal510
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
thanks for the kind words, whottt

now let's have sex.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I dont get it. The post was way too long. So does timvp want me to increase my trolling efforts, increase the originality of my trolling, or stop trolling altogether?

I dont get it.

Solid D
08-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I dont get it. The post was way too long.

You have to read it to get it.

angel_luv
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm with you Timvp. :) Beautiful post. Best I have ever read in fact. :tu

scott
08-10-2007, 05:17 PM
If it results in the disappearance of FWD...

WORST POST EVER

:)

TheQuattro
08-10-2007, 06:36 PM
What about thequattro?

spurschick
08-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm speechless.

E20
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Why can't be we be friends?

KEDA
08-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I have slowed down my posting due to the nonsense of some people here.

And I still have 2 people on my ignore list, which I have never had to use until a few months ago.

Im glad these changes are going to become a reality, maybe KEDA will be on here a tad more!

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-10-2007, 11:24 PM

I'm sorry, KEDA.

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2007, 11:27 PM
wet dreams > timvps long ass post

Kori Ellis
08-10-2007, 11:28 PM

And I still have 2 people on my ignore list, which I have never had to use until a few months ago.

Im glad these changes are going to become a reality, maybe KEDA will be on here a tad more!

This thread isn't for more complaining. As always, complaints about the forum need to be handled via PM.

Kori Ellis
08-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Even if Danyo makes an apology and does nothing but compliment people from this day forward, bends over backwards attempting to be nice to every single person on the forum...he'll still suck and should still be banned. He's that lame. And he can't help it.

I made it clear with Danyo today how obnoxious he is. If he doesn't understand or care now, then oh well, his loss.

Kori Ellis
08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't mind Norcal or the other Trolls, as long as they stay in the Troll forum, or play nice in the other forums.

Actually the people that are most guilty of the attacking behavior aren't the trolls.

RashoFan
08-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Very Nice TIMVP!!!! Very Nice!!! I must admit that I am in awe of your speech. You are so quiet IMO and I had no idea how eloquently you write.

RESPECT.....RESPECT!!!!
:fro
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/RashoFan/sharktailRESPECT.jpg

marini martini
08-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I know I might be guilty, I apoligize. Did not mean to offend the Mormon guy, I swear! I will never do it again :(

maxpower
08-11-2007, 10:41 AM
This thread isn't for more complaining. As always, complaints about the forum need to be handled via PM.

I don't know if this would be filed under "complaint"....but...

it is silly, also, that many a thread have been sustained ...as a "conversation" by what it seems is one poster under different aliases. :donkey

fight the good fight...

unfortunately those here who have posted in this thread are most likely not the culprits of which actions you speak.. :dizzy :pctoss

fixed

2Blonde
08-11-2007, 12:34 PM
...unfortunately those here who have posted are most likely not the culprits of which actions you speak.. :dizzy :pctoss

Huh????...???? You kind of lost me on that last sentence. I with you right up until then. I thought the postings of late were the issue at at hand. If that's true, then the posters of those postings would have to be the culprits, right? Or am I misunderstanding it? Believe me it wouldn't be the first time. :lol

Anyway I'm glad Timvp is taking this step because it seems as though we can't state an opinion around here anymore w/o fear of someone misquoting or misunderstanding our intent.

Not everything is black & white and our opinion on subjects leave room for discussion. I hope in the future that everyone realizes that just because someone starts out with a certain stance doesn't mean they aren't open to civil non-abusive discussion with humor mixed in. I think we're all here to have fun and not make enemies. You my not ever change someone's mind on a subject but at least you'll learn a little more about their side of things and hopefully have fun and make a cyber-friend in the process. Just my 2.876 cents (inflation) :toast

Julian
08-11-2007, 12:40 PM
2blonde, are you my mom?