PDA

View Full Version : Here's another job Americans won't do

Yonivore
08-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Kill Three Delaware College Students Execution-Style

Some Americans will do these jobs, of course. But we'd rather they didn't, and, in fact, spend billions every year for law enforcement and prisons to dissuade them from working in such fields.

Why we're importing "undocumented immigrants" (as CNN calls this guy) to murder US citizens isn't clear to me. Do we need to artificially depress the wages of sin by importing cheaper foreign killers? Perhaps the WSJ editorial board would be so kind as to weigh in on the economics of this.

Three students murdered execution-style (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/10/schoolyard.killings/index.html?eref=yahoo).

A suspect who surrendered to the mayor of Newark, New Jersey, pleaded not guilty Friday to murder and related charges in the execution-style slayings of three college students in a schoolyard.

Jose Carranza, 28, was formally charged in Essex County Superior Court with murder, attempted murder, robbery and various conspiracy and weapons offenses. Bail was set at $1 million.

A 15-year-old boy was arraigned Thursday on identical charges during a closed hearing and remains in the custody of juvenile authorities. Prosecutor Paula Dow says she wants to try him as an adult.

Three other people are being sought.

Wearing an orange jail jumpsuit, Carranza spoke softly through a translator. He had surrendered Thursday to Mayor Cory A. Booker, who attended the arraignment.

Details about Carranza's background emerged Friday as police looked for three more suspects.

Carranza is an undocumented immigrant from Peru, his lawyer acknowledged in court. Carranza had been using a bogus Social Security number, Sheriff Armando Fontoura said.

Carranza had been scheduled to appear in court Monday to answer two previous indictments. One accuses him of sexually assaulting and threatening to kill a 13-year-old, a girlfriend's child. Another charges him with an array of assault and weapons offenses.

"There seems to be no motivation, no provocation," Booker said during his CNN appearance, calling the crime "evil."

"This was just a disgusting, vicious attack and it's troubling because it's at the core, really," Booker said. "What they they were attacking really not only these amazing children and their families but what the core of Newark is really about."
So, this dirtbag was out on bail for raping a child and threatening to kill him (her?). A simple check of his immigration status would have kept him locked up in federal detention awaiting the outcome of a deportation hearing.

Instead, the sanctuary city of Newark didn't bother, and set him free. And now three students are executed for no reason whatsoever except in the cause of politicians' pandering to illegals.

I hope liberals are realy proud of themselves.

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Kill Three Delaware College Students Execution-Style

Some Americans will do these jobs, of course. But we'd rather they didn't, and, in fact, spend billions every year for law enforcement and prisons to dissuade them from working in such fields.

Why we're importing "undocumented immigrants" (as CNN calls this guy) to murder US citizens isn't clear to me. Do we need to artificially depress the wages of sin by importing cheaper foreign killers? Perhaps the WSJ editorial board would be so kind as to weigh in on the economics of this.

Three students murdered execution-style (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/10/schoolyard.killings/index.html?eref=yahoo).

So, this dirtbag was out on bail for raping a child and threatening to kill him (her?). A simple check of his immigration status would have kept him locked up in federal detention awaiting the outcome of a deportation hearing.

Instead, the sanctuary city of Newark didn't bother, and set him free. And now three students are executed for no reason whatsoever except in the cause of politicians' pandering to illegals.

I hope liberals are realy proud of themselves.

Damn George Bush.. :lol

Yonivore
08-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Damn George Bush.. :lol
Damn Newark, New Jersey, if you ask me.

SRJ
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I thought having open borders was harmless?

JoeChalupa
08-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh geez.

ObiwanGinobili
08-11-2007, 12:18 PM
So he came here undocumented because he was a rapist murderer?

Or he was a rapist murderer who came here undocumented?

Does his bad apple status translate to all or most undocumented workers= bad apples?
All/most men in thier 20's= bad apples?
All/most guys named jose= bad apples?

was he an all around great guy untill he crossed into our country illegally, but the very act of that illegal crossing then transformed him Jekell-Hyde style into the very incarnate of evil goo-back?

ggoose25
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
You only have two people to blame for this. One one of them goes by Bushie.

Extra Stout
08-11-2007, 01:04 PM
There are a variety of reasons we need a comprehensive immigration policy. This anecdote only would be a convincing reason to people who cannot think clearly.

boutons_
08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Yoni, deport the blacks back to Africa and Hispanics back to South of the border for killing each other.

My bet is that the chances of those kids being killed by other blacks is much higher than being killed by illegal aliens.

Phil Hellmuth
08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Sad story, but please don't use this to taint the whole class of illegals. So, so ridiculous on your part..

George Gervin's Afro
08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Sad story, but please don't use this to taint the whole class of illegals. So, so ridiculous on your part..

That's yoni schtick. HE will taint a whole class of folks for the actions of a few..

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
That's yoni schitck. HE will taint a whole class of folks for the actions of a few..
What's wrong with that? I thought stereotyping, labeling, and generalizing were three of the great pastimes of America, next to baseball, litigation, and blaming shit on everyone else!

smeagol
08-12-2007, 05:38 PM
John Wayne Gacey was white. Are all white's to blame for his crimes?

Wasn't Son of Sam Jewish? Are all Jewish people to blame too?

E20
08-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Is there any graphs for how many crimes people from Canada and Mexico have commited once entering the US legally or illegally? I think that might be interesting.

hater
08-13-2007, 09:07 AM
haha funny way to look at it. unfortunately most serial killers and child rapists are american citizens. NEXT!

Yonivore
08-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Fact of the matter is, if this dirtball had not received sanctuary he would either still be in prison, awaiting deportation or, he would be back in his country of origin.

He would not have been decimating that family.

And, on the matter of who commits the most such crimes, illegal immigrants or American citizens. So what? This one would have been easy to prevent.

Plus, most of these crimes are committed by people who should have already been in prison or executed but, for liberal "rehabilitation" prison programs, were released back on society to re-offend.

So, you're right, more of these type crimes are committed by American citizens. But, that is only a conviction of our criminal justice system -- this guy is a result of the failure of our immigration policy and the wrong-headedness of some liberal city government that declares their domain exempt from federal immigration laws and provides sanctuary for these animals.

Holt's Cat
08-13-2007, 10:19 AM
When American citizens are willing to work for jack shit outdoors in August in Texas digging ditches, building roads, and hanging drywall let me know.

Yonivore
08-13-2007, 11:23 AM
When American citizens are willing to work for jack shit outdoors in August in Texas digging ditches, building roads, and hanging drywall let me know.
Consider yourself let known.

I can find you an American right now that will dig your ditches, build your roads, and hang your drywall for the same money.

Holt's Cat
08-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Ha. Will they work for less than the minimum wage with no guarantees they'll even be paid and no protections if they aren't?

Yonivore
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Ha. Will they work for less than the minimum wage with no guarantees they'll even be paid and no protections if they aren't?
Are those the only jobs illegal immigrants are working? No. They can have those.

My American will take the other jobs being stolen by illegal immigrants.

On second thought, My American will take the jobs you mentioned, as well. Except, he'll fucking get paid because he's not an illegal alien and he has recourse against employers that try to cheat him out of his wages.

So, bring 'em on.

Holt's Cat
08-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Right, because accountants and lawyers are losing their jobs to illegals picked up off the street.

Jose, I'll pay you $20 to draft up a couple contracts today.

Yonivore
08-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Right, because accountants and lawyers are losing their jobs to illegals picked up off the street.

Jose, I'll pay you $20 to draft up a couple contracts today.
You talk as if all manual labor jobs are insecure and low wage. I know a roofer that hires illegal alien crews. I've ragged him about it and his excuse isn't the pay...he claims to pay them the going union wage for whatever roofer make. He says it's because they work harder and longer and that they're well worth the money.

Now, if you want to talk about migrant farm labor, fine. It pays crap. But, it's also pretty well confined to the border regions. Let 'em work the fields on day labor visas.

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 10:27 AM

Instead, the sanctuary city of Newark didn't bother, and set him free

I didn't see from the story where the suspect was arrested and posted bond on the previous charges. It is possible to be indicted for a crime without being arrested beforehand. If he was on bond from the previous crimes, then somebody at the jail or the D.A.'s office really dropped the ball. If he had simply been accused but never arrested, I don't think your assesment is a fair one.

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 11:00 AM
From an updated story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/14/newark.shootings.ap/index.html

Carranza had been free on $5,000 bail when the shootings occurred, but immigration officials say he may never have returned to the streets had local authorities contacted them after his first felony arrest in October 2006.

We certainly would have been inclined to place him in a removal proceeding, how ever we came across him," said Marc Raimondi, spokesman for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "Given that he is alleged to have committed a very serious offense against a child, that would have put him at the top of our list."

New Jersey is among the places where local authorities aren't required to check the immigration status of someone arrested, and some critics want that changed.

"If New Jersey is not prepared to cooperate with federal officials in enforcing the law of the land, then our state is no longer governed by laws," said state Assemblyman Richard Merkt. Last year the Republican proposed a bill that would require jail officials to remand illegal immigrants to federal authorities, but the legislation never advanced.

I guess Yoni was right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Yonivore
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
From an updated story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/14/newark.shootings.ap/index.html

I guess Yoni was right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Big of you to post a correction -- even with the backhanded compliment.

By the way, a broken clock may never be right, even twice a day. It can be broken by missing its hands or by running perpetually slow or fast, etc...

I believe it's a stopped clock that's right twice a day. But, even then, it would depend on the type of clock. No?

Bottom line...I'm never wrong.

George Gervin's Afro
08-14-2007, 01:10 PM

By the way, a broken clock may never be right, even twice a day. It can be broken by missing its hands or by running perpetually slow or fast, etc...

I believe it's a stopped clock that's right twice a day. But, even then, it would depend on the type of clock. No?

Yoni is never wrong ..right along with Jesus.. they are never wrong.. :rolleyes

Yonivore
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Yoni is never wrong ..right along with Jesus.. they are never wrong.. :rolleyes
Amen.

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM

actually, it was more of a supplement than a correction. I never argued against the fact that the suspect had been previously arrested but simply waited for conformation of that fact.

xrayzebra
08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
There are a variety of reasons we need a comprehensive immigration policy. This anecdote only would be a convincing reason to people who cannot think clearly.

Take a look at the following video. It tells the story much
better than any I have ever seen. But I doubt it will
convince everyone on this forum. They will more than
likely view it as racist. But Roy Becks' lecture says it
better than I can.

Numbers (http://www.numbersusa.com/video/)

Yonivore
08-14-2007, 04:36 PM
actually, it was more of a supplement than a correction. I never argued against the fact that the suspect had been previously arrested but simply waited for conformation of that fact.
Well, big of you to post the "supplement" then.

mookie2001
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
John Wayne Gacey was white. Are all white's to blame for his crimes?

Wasn't Son of Sam Jewish? Are all Jewish people to blame too?

argentina had the last major outbreak of the bubonic plague... is manu mania to blame?

T Park
08-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I can find you an American right now that will dig your ditches, build your roads, and hang your drywall for the same money

Is this the same american who when i went to hire guys from the local mission, said he didn't want to "shave his goatee" for a job.

yeah, those americans are just DYING to work.

TLWisfoine
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh great, we are already politicizing this. Three students with bright futures are dead. If they weren't killed by an illegal immigrant would any of you even give a damn?

TLWisfoine
08-15-2007, 03:22 PM
^^^ Guess my question is answered. Nobody cares about three black kids being killed. Guess their skin needs to be less pigmented. Typical!!!

Yonivore
08-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Is this the same american who when i went to hire guys from the local mission, said he didn't want to "shave his goatee" for a job.

yeah, those americans are just DYING to work.
Nope.

TLWisfoine
08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey Yonivore, isn't this three less black people who can participate in a riot because you find black culture morally corrupt? You still have that opinion?

DarkReign
08-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey Yonivore, isn't this three less black people who can participate in a riot because you find black culture morally corrupt? You still have that opinion?

I dont think black culture is corrupt. But I think there are statistical indicators that need to be addressed.

The highest rate was non-Hispanic Blacks, among whom 69.4 percent of births were out-of-wedlock.

Views > June 16, 2005
Black Men: Missing
By Salim Muwakkil
As we limp into the 21st century, a gender gap is rending the fabric of the entire African-American community.Tags race Share Digg del.icio.us Reddit Newsvine The overwhelming absence of Black men has always been one of the most distressing facts about life in America’s public housing developments. In Chicago, for example, black women are the vast majority of lease holders in the Chicago Housing Authority; men are like ghosts in the projects.

Besieged by poverty, disease, violence and mass incarceration, African-American men are conspicuously missing in action. At one time, this gender imbalance afflicted mostly lower-income neighborhoods. But as we limp into the 21st century, that gender gap is rending the fabric of the entire African-American community.

“Where have all the Black men gone?” asked the headline on a story by Jonathan Tilove for The Star Ledger in Newark, N.J. The article examined the New Jersey city of East Orange, where there are 37 percent more adult women than men. Tilove wrote that most of the missing men are dead, and many others are locked up or in the military.

“Worst yet,” he wrote, “the gender imbalance in East Orange is not some grotesque anomaly. It’s a vivid snapshot of a very troubling reality in black America.” Tilove noted that nationwide adult black women outnumber black men by 2 million. With nearly another million black men in prison or the military, the reality in most black communities across the country is an even greater imbalance—a gap of 2.8 million, or 26 percent, according to Census Bureau figures for 2002. The comparable disparity for whites was 8 percent.

In some cities the gap is even higher. There are more than 30 percent more black women than men in Baltimore, New Orleans, Chicago and Cleveland. In New York City the number is 36 percent and in Philadelphia, 37 percent. As the black population ages, the gap widens. “By the time people reach their 60s in East Orange, there are 47 percent more black women than men,” Tilove wrote.

This growing gender gap has enormously negative implications for the future of black America. And there are nuances in the statistics that make the prognosis even bleaker. For example, among well-educated, professional black women—a group that is growing rapidly—the gap is a chasm. Surely, that progress for black women is good news that shouldn’t be overlooked. However, as black women advance, black men are falling even further behind.

In fact, the more successful a black woman becomes, the more likely she will end up alone, Walter Farrell, a University of North Carolina professor, said in a March 2002 Washington Monthly article. As a result, professional black women are having fewer children, meaning that a growing percentage of black children are being born into less educated, less affluent families.

The recent edition of the Journal of Blacks in Higher Education warns that “a large and growing gender gap in African-American higher education has become a troublesome trend casting a shadow on overall black education progress.” The Journal reports that in 2001, there were 1,095,000 black women enrolled in institutions of higher education and only 604,000 black men. The gap, which is even wider at professional schools, has increased since 2001.

It’s also important to note that despite unprecedented gains, black women are the fastest growing group of inmates in the nation’s prisons. And they still bear the brunt of urban poverty as single parents in the commercial wastelands that too often are their neighborhoods.

Unless we make some dramatic changes in the way our society tracks black men, all of these conditions will worsen, with increasingly nightmarish consequences. The primary culprit is the tracking of black men into a criminal justice system that a growing number of critics have dubbed the “prison-industrial complex.” Many are there because of the so-called war on drugs and its accompanying mandatory minimum sentences.

The tracking process begins in elementary school, where African-American males routinely are assumed to be academically deficient and then demonized for their angry reactions to those biased assumptions. Resentful of a system that blithely dismisses their potential, many black boys eventually become alienated from scholastic activity. A recent study found that only 38 percent of Chicago’s black males have graduated from high school since 1995.

These uneducated youth are the raw material of the prison-industrial complex. Lacking marketable skills, they flock to the ruthless underground economy of drug commerce where they are easily siphoned into the “injustice” system—victims of the drug war. Some also become victims of lethal gun violence—homicide remains the leading cause of death for young black men.

Unless we strenuously intervene to better the prospects of African-American men, who incidentally comprise about one-eighth of the earth’s entire population of prison inmates, we may just be accomplices to a process of genocide in our own country.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/2162/

Im searching for the statistic that shows what % of black men have multiple children with multiple women. It seems its not a very PC statistic, but Im sure its compelling.

smeagol
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
argentina had the last major outbreak of the bubonic plague... is manu mania to blame?

Are you to blame for why many non-Americans view Americans as stupid?

DarkReign
08-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Are you to blame why many non-Americans view Americans as stupid?

Well, yes. Not to put to fine a point on it. But then again, who cares what you people think?

smeagol
08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, yes. Not to put to fine a point on it. But then again, who cares what you people think?

My comment is not a knock on Americans. It is reality.

Argentine's outside Argentina are viewed as cocky mother fuckers. Nobody likes us that much.

But it is nothing to get pissed off at, DR. It is a fact that can be empirically confirmed.

DarkReign
08-16-2007, 11:10 AM
My comment is not a knock on Americans. It is reality.

Argentine's outside Argentina are viewed as cocky mother fuckers. Nobody likes us that much.

But it is nothing to get pissed off at, DR. It is a fact that can be empirically confirmed.

I wasnt pissed. Do I have to write things in blue text for you?

And you find Americans dumb...at least we know sarcasm when we read it.

America. Fuck YEAH!

ggoose25
08-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I'll take a cocky Argentinian over a Brazilian anyday.

TLWisfoine
08-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Interesting article Dark Reign. I have my own opinions as to why the black men shortage, and the article does go into some of the reasons. I'm not saying that a problem does not exist and needs to be addressed, it just appears to me that people tend to group black people into one group/culture. In case you didn't know, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass here (this time) but blacks are a diverse group of people and the way that that Yonivore was describing blacks it was as if he believed blacks were not capable of individual thought and followed the ways of one culture.

Extra Stout
08-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Are you to blame for why many non-Americans view Americans as stupid?
You have that view of us not merely because of our ignorance, which seems to be universal among men, but rather because we combine our ignorance with a near-messianic certainty of our own infallibility. It is this combination of ignorance and arrogance that you find so irritating.

DarkReign
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Interesting article Dark Reign. I have my own opinions as to why the black men shortage, and the article does go into some of the reasons. I'm not saying that a problem does not exist and needs to be addressed, it just appears to me that people tend to group black people into one group/culture. In case you didn't know, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass here (this time) but blacks are a diverse group of people and the way that that Yonivore was describing blacks it was as if he believed blacks were not capable of individual thought and followed the ways of one culture.

Absolutely agree with you. I am not black. But I have befriended and had very long friendships with many adult males who exhibit absolutely none of the "epidemic" problems the article discusses. Of course, I dont look at them as some sort of standout people or an exemplary example of black men, I look at them as people who decided to make the best life decisions they could at the times when they arise. Just like me, just like my dad, just like any number of normal, typically law-abiding citizens do when walking the path of life.

But the fact remains that statistics show a disparity in the problematic family issues that arise when its not a two-parent household. Its large-scale and widespread in the black community. I dont pretend to know why, but Im sure it has to do with economic reasons moreso than any other. Inner city schools, regardless of being predominantly black or white, are never anything other than junk. So you have a lack of education and a lack of local economic opportunities. Combine these factors and a number of others and you have the fact sheet.

I have had admittedly limited discussions about these issues with a variant group of people. I tend to not enter into them often (although they constantly come up) because it always derails when someone says something uninformed and stupid (ex. Black people have an extra muscle in their leg, thats why they run faster.....its the white mans fault for keeping us down after slavery was abolished, etc.)

Though I have entered the arena, I only do it early and with little rebuttal on my part. Better to ask an opinion and then listen to the response and leave it at that. If I am asked mine, I will. I dont blurt it out.

Its all comes back to the same basic premise. They are black and we are not, therefore we dont understand. Which if thats the most amicable conclusion the conversation can result in, then why enter to begin with?

Hence, my stance on not entering.

DarkReign
08-16-2007, 04:24 PM
...and nevermind Yoni. He may or may not be racist. There are a plethora of other reasons to dislike him and his ilk outside of his embattled integration issues.

smeagol
08-17-2007, 08:34 AM
You have that view of us not merely because of our ignorance, which seems to be universal among men, but rather because we combine our ignorance with a near-messianic certainty of our own infallibility.

I never said I view Americans as stupid, I said many non-Americans view Americans as stupid, which is a fact (that they view them as stupid, not that they are stupid - is it clear?).

The same way many non-Argentines view Argentines as cocky and pedantic, they view French (especially the one living in Paris) as people who lack manners, they view the Nordic as people who don't express their feeling as the Latins do, etc, etc, etc.

As a matter of fact, many people on this board are far away from being stupid. You and DR are a perfect example of extremely intelligent posters.

It is this combination of ignorance and arrogance that you find so irritating.

I agree. A quality, or rather defect, this is found on a minority of Americans.

Mookie is not one of ignorant/arrogant Americans though, he is just stupid and would still be stupid if he were born in Spain, Canada or Nepal :lol

smeagol
08-17-2007, 08:37 AM
I wasnt pissed. Do I have to write things in blue text for you?

And you find Americans dumb...at least we know sarcasm when we read it.

America. Fuck YEAH!
Yes, blue will help me. Emoticons too.

And I don't think Americans are stupid as a general rule (read my prior post), I think some Americans are stupid, just like some Argentines are stupid too. Acutally, too many Argenines are stupid, unfortunately :depressed

That's why we are were we are as a country, as an economy, as a society.

DarkReign
08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, blue will help me. Emoticons too.

And I don't think Americans are stupid as a general rule (read my prior post), I think some Americans are stupid, just like some Argentines are stupid too. Acutally, too many Argenines are stupid, unfortunately :depressed

That's why we are were we are as a country, as an economy, as a society.

LOL...I know you dont and didnt need your last post to figure it out.

You missed the sarcasm so I laid a lame joke on top of it.

No harm, no foul.

I dont know if you noticed, but I dont comment on Argentina or its citizens for one very good reason. I dont know anyone personally from Argentina and nor have I ever been there. Hence, my inability to say anything of relevance and the increased possibility of saying something I will regret when proven to be uninformed and stupid.

mookie2001
08-17-2007, 06:54 PM
stupid?
smeagols against the second ammendment

xrayzebra
08-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Absolutely agree with you. I am not black. But I have befriended and had very long friendships with many adult males who exhibit absolutely none of the "epidemic" problems the article discusses. Of course, I dont look at them as some sort of standout people or an exemplary example of black men, I look at them as people who decided to make the best life decisions they could at the times when they arise. Just like me, just like my dad, just like any number of normal, typically law-abiding citizens do when walking the path of life.

But the fact remains that statistics show a disparity in the problematic family issues that arise when its not a two-parent household. Its large-scale and widespread in the black community. I dont pretend to know why, but Im sure it has to do with economic reasons moreso than any other. Inner city schools, regardless of being predominantly black or white, are never anything other than junk. So you have a lack of education and a lack of local economic opportunities. Combine these factors and a number of others and you have the fact sheet.

I have had admittedly limited discussions about these issues with a variant group of people. I tend to not enter into them often (although they constantly come up) because it always derails when someone says something uninformed and stupid (ex. Black people have an extra muscle in their leg, thats why they run faster.....its the white mans fault for keeping us down after slavery was abolished, etc.)

Though I have entered the arena, I only do it early and with little rebuttal on my part. Better to ask an opinion and then listen to the response and leave it at that. If I am asked mine, I will. I dont blurt it out.

Its all comes back to the same basic premise. They are black and we are not, therefore we dont understand. Which if thats the most amicable conclusion the conversation can result in, then why enter to begin with?

Hence, my stance on not entering.

Walter Williams, who is black, wrote the following article.
Some of the stats he quotes are staggering. Look at
the stats in regards to Asians.

Liberal Views, Black Victims
By Walter E. Williams
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Last year, among the nation's 10 largest cities, Philadelphia had the highest murder rate with 406 victims. This year could easily top last year's with 240 murders so far.

Other cities such as Baltimore, Detroit and Washington, D.C., with large black populations, experience the nation's highest rates of murder and violent crime. This high murder rate is, and has been, predominantly a black problem.

According to Bureau of Justice statistics, between 1976 and 2005, blacks, while 13 percent of the population, committed over 52 percent of the nation's homicides and were 46 percent of the homicide victims. Ninety-four percent of black homicide victims had a black person as their murderer.

Blacks are not only the major victims of homicide; blacks suffer high rates of all categories of serious violent crime, and another black is most often the perpetrator.

Liberals and their political allies say the problem is the easy accessibility of guns and greater gun control is the solution. That has to be nonsense. Guns do not commit crimes; people do.

Up through 1979, the FBI reported homicide arrests sorted by racial breakdowns that included Japanese. Between 1976 and 1978, 21 of 48,695 arrests for murder and non-negligent manslaughter were Japanese-Americans. That translates to an annual murder rate of 1 per 100,000 of the Japanese-American population. Would anyone advance the argument that the reason why homicide is virtually nonexistent among Japanese-Americans is because they can't find guns?

The high victimization rate experienced by the overwhelmingly law-abiding black community is mostly the result of predators not having to pay a heavy enough price for their behavior. They benefit from all kinds of asinine excuses, such as poverty, racial discrimination and few employment opportunities.

During the 1940s and '50s, I grew up in North Philadelphia where many of today's murders occur. It was a time when blacks were much poorer, there was far more racial discrimination, and fewer employment opportunities and other opportunities for upward socioeconomic mobility were available. There was nowhere near the level of crime and wanton destruction that exists today. Behavior accepted today wasn't accepted then by either black adults or policemen.

Police authorities often know who are the local criminals and drug lords and where crack houses are located; however, various legal technicalities hamper their ability to make arrests and raids. Law-abiding citizens are often afraid to assist police or testify against criminals for fear of retaliation that can include murder. The level of criminal activity not only puts residents in physical jeopardy but represents a heavy tax on people least able to bear it. That heavy tax includes higher prices for goods and services and fewer shopping opportunities because supermarkets and other large retailers are reluctant to bear the costs of doing business in high-crime areas.

So here's the question: Should black people accept government's dereliction of its first basic function, that of providing protection? My answer is no. One of our basic rights is the right to defend oneself against predators. If the government can't or won't protect people, people have a right to protect themselves.

You say, "Hey, Williams, you're not talking about vigilantism, are you?" Yes, I am. Webster's Dictionary defines vigilantism as: a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate.

Example: A number of years ago, Black Muslims began to patrol Mayfair, a drug-infested, gang-ridden Washington, D.C., housing project. The gangs and drug lords left, probably because the Black Muslims didn't feel obliged to issue Miranda warnings. Black men should set up neighborhood patrols, armed if necessary, and if politicians and police don't like it, they should do their jobs. No one should have to live in daily fear for their lives and safety.

Dr. Williams serves on the faculty of George Mason University as John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics and is the author of More Liberty Means Less Government: Our Founders Knew This Well.

Be the first to read Walter Williams' column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.

©Creators Syndicate

DarkReign
08-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Example: A number of years ago, Black Muslims began to patrol Mayfair, a drug-infested, gang-ridden Washington, D.C., housing project. The gangs and drug lords left, probably because the Black Muslims didn't feel obliged to issue Miranda warnings. Black men should set up neighborhood patrols, armed if necessary, and if politicians and police don't like it, they should do their jobs. No one should have to live in daily fear for their lives and safety.

In an unrelated thread, I mentioned this exact process. The good people in Detroit (which far, far, FAR outnumber the bad) regularly organize on holidays and weekends for City Walks. Where a couple hundred people armed with flashlights and over 200 eyes walk the streets to monitor.

It seems to work wonderfully seeing as the Detroit police department is the most corrupt organization of criminals and drug dealers in the nation.

TLWisfoine
08-24-2007, 07:12 PM
You say, "Hey, Williams, you're not talking about vigilantism, are you?" Yes, I am. Webster's Dictionary defines vigilantism as: a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate.

We had that, it was called the Black Panther Party which the government subsequently destroyed!!!