PDA

View Full Version : The 2007 Playoffs...

Pride
08-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I know this kind of late to be making this thread, but overall...
Do you think the 2007 playoffs were better than last years playoffs?

SRJ
08-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I preferred the result of the 2007 playoffs, but there wasn't a series this year that was as good as Spurs-Mavs last year.

Of course, I hate that the Spurs lost, but holy crap that was a great series. The Spurs showed a lot of fight in defeat.

confined
08-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Last year's was alot better IMO

Suns_Rule
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
last year, Suns-lakers had the highest RATINGS for a first round series... definantly last year
suns owned all in the ratings!!!

SpursDynasty
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I know this kind of late to be making this thread, but overall...
Do you think the 2007 playoffs were better than last years playoffs?

Well, there were some things in the 2007 playoffs that brought me joy:

1. Detroit kicking Dwight Howard out of the playoffs. Shit dunks at the buzzer don't you get through the playoffs, do they? :lol
2. Golden State kicking Dallas out. I was getting tired of Dallas' bullshit. Their 67 wins was the worst 67 in NBA history. It was bullshit and they're just not that good of a team.
3. Houston going up 2-0, and losing in 7. I just don't think Houston has any business being in the playoffs. I think McGrady and Yao are the most overrated duo in the NBA. Great to see them choke away a 2-0 series lead for the 2nd time in 3 seasons. Get their fake asses out.
4. Spurs beating Phoenix. Again, like Dallas, their record was inflated due to a great record vs. the East, but a worse Western Conf. record than the champs. Another fake team that needed to get the hell out.
5. Spurs beating Denver. Denver came out actually expecting to win the series. Ha. It's funny actually seeing these sub-par teams come out with their confidence vs. the Spurs and may grab a lucky win or two on shit shots, but they end up losing the series anyway.

Brutalis
08-10-2007, 08:42 PM
5. Spurs beating Denver. Denver came out actually expecting to win the series. Ha.

who doesn't? teams are just better than others..

retarded post of the year nominee also.

Switchman
08-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I could have watched 30 more games of the Dallas/Warriors series and would have never gotten bored.

PaceMonster
08-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I could have watched 30 more games of the Dallas/Warriors series and would have never gotten bored.

lmfao me too man

lebomb
08-11-2007, 09:00 AM
last year, Suns-lakers had the highest RATINGS for a first round series... definantly last year

That is all Phoenix has to hang their hats on..........ratings. LMAO.

Havent ever one a dayum thing. :dramaquee

Pride
08-11-2007, 10:42 AM
2007 highlighted series:All in order
1.Warriors vs Mavs(Greatest upset in NBA history)
2.Spurs vs Suns(Excellent, controversial series)
3.Pistons vs Cavs(Lebron's 48-point performance)
4.Bulls vs Heat(An up and coming team in the Bulls swept the in an exciting series)
I think these were the best series this year.

spursfan09
08-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I preferred the result of the 2007 playoffs, but there wasn't a series this year that was as good as Spurs-Mavs last year.

Of course, I hate that the Spurs lost, but holy crap that was a great series. The Spurs showed a lot of fight in defeat.

Yeah I agree. Last year playoffs were better. But I hate to say that since we freaken won this year. The only playoff series this year that was really competitive for the Spurs was vs the Suns.

spursfan09
08-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Are you serious?

Suns_Rule
08-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Are you serious?
yes suns are the best because they have the best ratings! way better than the horrid ratings of crappy spurs.
spurs won the consolation prize while the suns won the real contest. ratings dont lie.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Now the championship is based on the ratings? Last I heard it was based on who's the best.

Ratings=Suns
Overall the better team=Spurs

SpursDynasty
08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
The Suns are a fake team.

spursfan09
08-11-2007, 06:15 PM
yes suns are the best because they have the best ratings! way better than the horrid ratings of crappy spurs.
spurs won the consolation prize while the suns won the real contest. ratings dont lie.

:lol ok now u r just making me laugh.

da_suns_fan__
08-11-2007, 07:03 PM
My god...what a bunch of clueless texans.

The 2006 playoffs were viewed as a possible renaissance for the NBA. Analysts were openly questioning whether we were entering a new "golden age" of basketball.

The 2007 playoffs were viewed as the worst in history. I don't care if anyone doesn't agree with me...history will often refer to 2007 as a lowpoint for the NBA. The Spurs, unwarranted suspessions and the Donaghy scandal have sent the league back a couple of years.

Pride
08-11-2007, 07:15 PM
^^Still bitter eh?

Switchman
08-11-2007, 09:36 PM

The 2006 playoffs were viewed as a possible renaissance for the NBA. Analysts were openly questioning whether we were entering a new "golden age" of basketball.

The 2007 playoffs were viewed as the worst in history. I don't care if anyone doesn't agree with me...history will often refer to 2007 as a lowpoint for the NBA. The Spurs, unwarranted suspessions and the Donaghy scandal have sent the league back a couple of years.

Golden Age? This is the Duncan age.

First Round was good. Mavs/Warriors series was glorious.

I hated that the PHX/Spurs series turned into a circus and both teams could not play at full strength. Once Amare disrespected us in front of the natl. media...No mercy, no remorse.

WCF sucked (Dallas' Fault).

Finals were a complete joke.

All in all I would say that the past year's playoffs did suck once the PHX/Spurs series was over seeing as how the winner was pretty much the champ already.

Burn531
08-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Ratings win championships!!!!

daspurs
08-11-2007, 10:56 PM
To me my favorite year was 2006 of course in the finals game 3 whit the heat down 13 that was my favorite game

Cry Havoc
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM

And if the Spurs were playing in a major city (i.e., L.A., Chicago, New York), every year the Spurs win the title would be hailed as a major victory for basketball and team play.

Even with the Donaghy situation, if a Knick or Celtic team would have won, a lot fewer people would have made a stink about it Instead, they would be bustling about with the merits of "this unbeatable Boston team" that was so good that no amount of questionable reffing would have made a difference.

da_suns_fan__
08-12-2007, 12:36 AM
And if the Spurs were playing in a major city (i.e., L.A., Chicago, New York), every year the Spurs win the title would be hailed as a major victory for basketball and team play.

Even with the Donaghy situation, if a Knick or Celtic team would have won, a lot fewer people would have made a stink about it Instead, they would be bustling about with the merits of "this unbeatable Boston team" that was so good that no amount of questionable reffing would have made a difference.

Another Spurs fan clinging to the "small market" excuse.

Yet Orlando vs. Houston drew a much higher rating than New York vs. Houston in the mid-ninetees (in back to back years).

Is Orlando a big market than New York?

The Spurs' market size has NOTHING to do with why they are considered "boring".

Sacramento is a tiny market and they were basically "America's team" in the early part of the decade.

Findog
08-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Another Spurs fan clinging to the "small market" excuse.

Another dumb_suns_fan clinging to ratings talk. Who gives a shit? The only boring series I've seen the Spurs play is the 2005 Finals against Detroit -- two great defensive halfcourt teams bringing out the zzzzzz in each other. But other than that, they've been in involved in the best series I've ever seen (mavs-spurs 2006).

The Spurs are hate-worthy, but they're not boring.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 01:16 AM
The Spurs are hate-worthy, but they're not boring.
:lol Thanks?

lefty
08-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Well, 2007 playoffs sucked, but they were so sweet :

1. Dallas destroyed in the 1st round by an unconscious GS team ; nice

2.Wade and Shaq getting their asses swept in the 1st round ; lame champs ; oh, and Riley openly ripping Shaq after the playoffs

3. Shutting Amare's big mouth by beating Phoenix ; Nash deserves better, but Amare is just a punk ; next time, think twice before criticizing a classy franchise.

4. On top of all that, Spurs taking the championship back ! Remember when all the talk was about Dallas and Phoenix winning tons of games during the regular season, all the talk about them :lol ; perfect scenario. :elephant :toast

Pride
08-12-2007, 09:52 AM
^^I Couldn't have said it better! :lol

Obstructed_View
08-12-2007, 09:58 AM
The 2006 playoffs will forever be The Year That Could Have Been for me. Smallball made that the worst postseason ever. I dreaded each game waiting for the Spurs to go out there and allow so many easy baskets because they couldn't play defense. It still puts a sick feeling in my stomach, that they put themselves at such a huge disadvantage and still lost in overtime of game seven. It says something about how bad a playoff season can be when I find myself rooting for a team with Shaq, Wade, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton and Derek Anderson to salvage it. The years that the Spurs quit against the Lakers weren't as disappointing as last year.

Pride
08-12-2007, 10:17 AM
^^so true. But you have to give the Mavs credit. They put up one hell of a series.

Cry Havoc
08-12-2007, 11:25 AM
The 2006 playoffs will forever be The Year That Could Have Been for me. Smallball made that the worst postseason ever. I dreaded each game waiting for the Spurs to go out there and allow so many easy baskets because they couldn't play defense. It still puts a sick feeling in my stomach, that they put themselves at such a huge disadvantage and still lost in overtime of game seven. It says something about how bad a playoff season can be when I find myself rooting for a team with Shaq, Wade, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton and Derek Anderson to salvage it. The years that the Spurs quit against the Lakers weren't as disappointing as last year.

I would rather see a 6'8" player on the floor with good handling/passing skills than a 7'1" oaf who can't even catch but just has to put his hands in the air to block a shot.

Seriously, I'm tired of teams throwing a horrific no-talent Cherokee Parks on the floor hoping to miraculously find the next Wilt, Duncan, or Dream, only to cling to the belief that he deserves a spot on the floor because he can stand under the hoop and take up space.

The days of the incomprehensibly untalented 7-footer are over.

SRJ
08-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Yet Orlando vs. Houston drew a much higher rating than New York vs. Houston in the mid-ninetees (in back to back years).

Is Orlando a big market than New York?

Well, Shaq and Penny were on every shoe commercial there was back then. Some people were Penny Hardaway fans because of a puppet.

Findog
08-12-2007, 01:31 PM
:lol Thanks?

Well, do you like the Mavericks? I have mucho respect for the Spurs, I just dislike them intensely, rivalry and all.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, do you like the Mavericks? I have mucho respect for the Spurs, I just dislike them intensely, rivalry and all.
I respect the Mavs as a team, yes. I just hate Mark Cuban because turning the franchise doesn't give him a free pass to be an obnoxious prick.