PDA

View Full Version : Dirk "Exploring The Sense Of Life"

duncan228
08-11-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/nowitzki_070810.html

Quality Time with the Shot Doctor
By Johannes Berendt

Dirk Nowitzki's quest to overcome one of the biggest disappointments of his life

We've got a question for you.
Which NBA player spent the summer backpacking in Australia searching for the meaning of life?

Back home, he is now having severe issues with his mother over his haircut.

"She desperately wants to send me to the barber," the beloved son moaned. "I am almost 30 but my mother treats me as if I was 12. I guess mothers have to be like this."

To make matters worse, someone nicknamed the Shot Doctor is currently torturing our friend in a small gym.

It is located in the tiny city of Wuerzburg, Germany.

Please meet the 2007 NBA MVP Dirk Nowitzki in his quest to overcome one of the biggest disappointments of his life — the first-round playoff exit against eighth-seeded Golden State.

"That was extremely disappointing, just as the Finals loss to Miami one year ago," Nowitzki revealed in an interview with German Sportbild magazine. "But that doesn't mean that everything we did in Dallas was bad."

Nowitzki would not be one of the best basketball players on the planet if he hadn't received some special tutoring from mentor Holger Geschwindner. And you could bet that the Shot Doctor would come up with a special holiday treatment.

"We toured five weeks through Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti. With a rucksack. That was about the only place in the world where nobody would recognize me and I could move somewhat freely," Nowitzki stated. "At Ayers Rock a few tourists noticed me but the trip was just right to clean my mind."

Down under, the Dallas Mavericks star was looking for answers.

"I have been exploring the sense of life. I haven't entirely found it yet but I will keep looking," he said with a smile.

He won't have too much time to answer philosophical questions in the next weeks as he is shaping up for that will be a busy summer. Germany are among the favorites to win the European Championships in Spain, and Nowitzki will join his fellow countrymen for their preparations on August 14. The Dirkster has set the bar high — he is eager to win qualification for next year's Olympic Games.

"For every athlete there is no bigger thing than the Olympics. For me that's right behind the NBA title," he said.

And to be in top shape, Nowitzki is currently undergoing gruelling drills from long-time coach and mentor Geschwindner. "It's very exhausting."

Still, Dirk is enjoying the summer. "Yes (I do), even though I am so exhausted after the workouts that I can barely move. But I happily accept the full-service treat from my mother. My training clothes easily fill a washing machine. I'm glad she takes care of that. She is even ironing my shirts."

JamStone
08-11-2007, 03:42 PM
*cuckoo cuckoo*

He should talk to Brad Lidge.

ShoogarBear
08-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Down under, the Dallas Mavericks star was looking for answers.

"I have been exploring the sense of life. I haven't entirely found it yet but I will keep looking," he said with a smile.

No doubt, the iPod loaded with Hasselhoff got a good workout.

thispego
08-11-2007, 04:09 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/nowitzki_070810.html
But I happily accept the full-service treat from my mother.
interesting relationship dirk and his mother have

SpursDynasty
08-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I thought the Finals loss hurt more? That's what Cuban and Josh Coward said. I can't imagine watching my own team win 67 games and then losing. Sucks I bet. :lol

MavericksDynasty
08-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I thought the Finals loss hurt more? That's what Cuban and Josh Coward said. I can't imagine watching my own team win 67 games and then losing. Sucks I bet. :lol

I can't imagine being a virgin. Sucks I bet. :lol

Findog
08-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Never understood the amount of grief this guy gets compared to Zach Randolph, Vince Carter, etc.

ShoogarBear
08-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Has anybody said Zach Randolph or Vince Carter are better than Tim Duncan?

duncan228
08-11-2007, 04:22 PM
interesting relationship dirk and his mother have

To say the least. :lol

...he is now having severe issues with his mother over his haircut.

"She desperately wants to send me to the barber," the beloved son moaned. "I am almost 30 but my mother treats me as if I was 12. I guess mothers have to be like this."

"But I happily accept the full-service treat from my mother. My training clothes easily fill a washing machine. I'm glad she takes care of that. She is even ironing my shirts."

hater
08-11-2007, 04:22 PM
his moms called him a nappy headed hoe

Findog
08-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Has anybody said Zach Randolph or Vince Carter are better than Tim Duncan?

Anybody who argues Dirk > Duncan need not be taken seriously. Besides, Mav fans don't talk shit about Duncan. I hate the Spurs, rooted for them in the playoffs this year only on account of Finley, and now that he's got a ring, I can go back to rooting against them where the Mavs aren't concerned. But I would never say anything bad about Duncan.

Dirk is the same kind of person: he's an unselfish superstar. Gives credit to his teammates when things go well, accepts blame and responsibility when they don't, and by all accounts stays out of trouble off the court. Rooting against the Mavs is one thing, but what else can you ask for from an opposing player? Dirk's a class act.

duncan228
08-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Never understood the amount of grief this guy gets compared to Zach Randolph, Vince Carter, etc.

He's taken his team farther then they have and then he choked.

When you're the top dog of your team and you disappear at crucial moments you get grief.

ShoogarBear
08-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Anybody who argues Dirk > Duncan need not be taken seriously. Besides, Mav fans don't talk shit about Duncan. I hate the Spurs, rooted for them in the playoffs this year only on account of Finley, and now that he's got a ring, I can go back to rooting against them where the Mavs aren't concerned. But I would never say anything bad about Duncan.

Dirk is the same kind of person: he's an unselfish superstar. Gives credit to his teammates when things go well, accepts blame and responsibility when they don't, and by all accounts stays out of trouble off the court.Point taken.

That wasn't really a serious question I was asking, but this one is: Has anybody ever said Zach Randolph or Vince Carter were MVPs?

Findog
08-11-2007, 04:25 PM
He's taken his team farther then they have and then he choked.

When you're the top dog of your team and you disappear at crucial moments you get grief.

Criticism is one thing, but he gets more grief than those cancers. That's all I'm saying.

Findog
08-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Point taken.

So, now the real question: Has anybody ever said Zach Randolph or Vince Carter were MVPs?

They don't get as much grief as Dirk. I would say Duncan is the best big, Kobe is the best wing/guard, and anybody else getting awards is just media masturbation.

duncan228
08-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Dirk is the same kind of person: he's an unselfish superstar. Gives credit to his teammates when things go well, accepts blame and responsibility when they don't, and by all accounts stays out of trouble off the court. Rooting against the Mavs is one thing, but what else can you ask for from an opposing player? Dirk's a class act.

Well said. I can deal with anyone rooting for their team with passion as long as their facts are straight. Root against the Spurs all you want, I'm glad to see that you understand Duncan is better than Dirk.

I agree that Dirk seems to be okay off the court, I hate the players that live the "thug life" and think it's cool.
Dirk also seems to be a good teammate, I haven't heard him go off on his team. He does seem to take responsibility for himself.
He's a class act but he did disappear when he was needed the most. A few times.

ShoogarBear
08-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Dirk is being held to a higher standard than Randolph or Carter. He's being held to the standard of Duncan and Shaq.

Plus, what happened to Dallas in the playoffs last year was historically bad. That in conjunction with the last four games of the Finals is what people are being hard on him for.

Fair or not, Randolph and Carter aren't good enough to even generate those expectations. You might as well ask why Dirk doesn't get criticized as much as Jamal Magloire.

Findog
08-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Well said. I can deal with anyone rooting for their team with passion as long as their facts are straight. Root against the Spurs all you want, I'm glad to see that you understand Duncan is better than Dirk.

I agree that Dirk seems to be okay off the court, I hate the players that live the "thug life" and think it's cool.
Dirk also seems to be a good teammate, I haven't heard him go off on his team. He does seem to take responsibility for himself.
He's a class act but he did disappear when he was needed the most. A few times.

He's also come through plenty of times in the clutch too. What I hate most is when players get labeled without their entire body of work being taken into account. If Heat and Warrior fans want to call him non-clutch or whatever, fine, but Spurs and Suns fans have no room to talk that way. I'm all for criticizing guys but within reason and within proportion.

Findog
08-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Dirk is being held to a higher standard than Randolph or Carter. He's being held to the standard of Duncan and Shaq.

I think he's a top-ten player, but putting him in that category might be going a bit far. He didn't win 67 games by himself.

ShoogarBear
08-11-2007, 04:37 PM
So then was he the MVP or not?

ANd even if he wasn't the MVP, he's still closer to Duncan than he is to Zach fricking Randolph.

Leetonidas
08-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Trim your fucking sig dude.

duncan228
08-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Criticism is one thing, but he gets more grief than those cancers. That's all I'm saying.

I think I understand where you're coming from.
Dirk gets so much attention and grief yet the "cancers" in the league seem to get less.

I think off the court problems, as big and nasty as they are, get less attention than on the court problems. After all, the focus is supposed to be the game.

Personally I dislike the thugs and drugs and wife beaters more than Dirk. Those idiots don't deserve to wear an NBA uniform.

Dirk's talent impresses me, maybe that's why it's such a disappointment when he let's his team, and his fans, down.

Findog
08-11-2007, 04:41 PM
So then was he the MVP or not?

ANd even if he wasn't the MVP, he's still closer to Duncan than he is to Zach fricking Randolph.

No, of course he wasn't the MVP. Duncan or Kobe should win it every year.

And yes, he's closer to Duncan than Zach. I don't mind seeing his game picked apart and so forth, but the jokes and ridicule bother me. I know this is a Spurs messageboard and I'd never be a board nanny, but it pisses me off sometimes. That's all I'm saying. I just think he deserves a bit more respect. The way it reads from some of your fellow Spurs fans, he's no better than Peja - a soft jumpshooter with no heart.

MavericksDynasty
08-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Trim your fucking sig dude.

No. You will look at pictures of the greatest team of all time and you will like it!

SpursDynasty
08-11-2007, 04:54 PM

Doesn't suck as much as having a child that you're not ready to have, like half of this city's teenagers.

ShoogarBear
08-11-2007, 05:08 PM
And yes, he's closer to Duncan than Zach. I don't mind seeing his game picked apart and so forth, but the jokes and ridicule bother me. I know this is a Spurs messageboard and I'd never be a board nanny, but it pisses me off sometimes. That's all I'm saying. I just think he deserves a bit more respect. The way it reads from some of your fellow Spurs fans, he's no better than Peja - a soft jumpshooter with no heart.Dude, that's just the smack. There's alayws going to be a lot of that thanks to the carryover from the infestation of annoying Mav Fans from 2006. When you find the serious discussions going on Dirk gets more than his props (for his shooting, anyway).

SpursDynasty
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Dirk is a fake player who should be kicked out of the NBA.

mavs>spurs2
08-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Call in the dynasty trolls

spursfan09
08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Sombody should tell him there is no sense to his life.... :lol I kidd, I kidd.

MavericksDynasty
08-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Doesn't suck as much as having a child that you're not ready to have, like half of this city's teenagers.

It's called the pill and rubbers.

JeffDynasty
08-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Dirk is a fake player who should be kicked out of the NBA.
It's true. Dirk is fake. The NBA uses advanced computer graphics (like the ones used in Jurassic Park) and puppetry to create the image of of the character you know as "Dirk". He's totally fake and should removed from the league.

You don't even want to know how the NBA's special effects experts created 67 fake wins. It would blow your mind.

Preach on Jeff!!!