PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Lidge

T Park
08-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Fuck face.

Give up a 3 run homer in he top of the ninth to the Brewers.

Asswhipe.

midgetonadonkey
08-11-2007, 09:22 PM
:pctoss Fuck him. I will never understand why he wasn't traded. Pujols is still in his head.

T Park
08-11-2007, 09:41 PM
fucking need one out.

1 out and the cardinals gain back the game they lost yesterday.

SON OF A BITCH :pctoss

Suns_Rule
08-11-2007, 10:17 PM
:pctoss Fuck him. I will never understand why he wasn't traded. Pujols is still in his head.
idiot

AFBlue
08-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Yep, it's too bad the Astros have too much faith in this kid's stuff. They dumped Wheeler for Ty Wiggington, when they could've probably gotten much more for Lidge.

For the sake of argument, lets just say they probably could've gotten Wiggy plus one of the DROs high-level pitching prospects...like 23yr-old righty Edwin Jackson, that just threw a 4-hit shutout against the Rangers and was dealing heat (99MPH) into the 9th inning.

I wonder if Lidge will be put on waivers after yet another gaffe like that....

T Park
08-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I'll take him on the Cardinals.

Would be a fantastic set up man.

He excells in that position, when under pressure though, he seems to fold now though.

leemajors
08-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Yep, it's too bad the Astros have too much faith in this kid's stuff. They dumped Wheeler for Ty Wiggington, when they could've probably gotten much more for Lidge.

For the sake of argument, lets just say they probably could've gotten Wiggy plus one of the DROs high-level pitching prospects...like 23yr-old righty Edwin Jackson, that just threw a 4-hit shutout against the Rangers and was dealing heat (99MPH) into the 9th inning.

I wonder if Lidge will be put on waivers after yet another gaffe like that....when lidge has his stuff he is untouchable. For two plus years he was completely unhittable

Melmart1
08-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I thought Lidge had been pitching really well overall as of late. Am I mistaken?

DOMINATOR
08-13-2007, 12:11 AM
I thought Lidge had been pitching really well overall as of late. Am I mistaken?
he still is... he had 5 straight saves in 5 games like a week ago. and he made his pitch to braun but braun just made a great swing. a nice slider that braun hit from his calf. the pitch to fielder however was lidge's fault.

MajorMike
08-13-2007, 10:24 AM

Yeah he pitched nicely after the break with 6 in a row. Since then he has given up 9 runs in 7 appearances and 2 blown saves.

He does, however, lead the majors in blown saves per opportunity. 13 svo and 5 blowns is a pretty decent clip.

ATRAIN
08-13-2007, 11:20 AM
he still is... he had 5 straight saves in 5 games like a week ago. and he made his pitch to braun but braun just made a great swing. a nice slider that braun hit from his calf. the pitch to fielder however was lidge's fault.

Yeah that pitch to braun was a great pitch and he shouldnt have hit it. After that it was the normal lidge kicking in. Once your in his head he can't rebound.

AFBlue
08-13-2007, 11:23 AM
when lidge has his stuff he is untouchable. For two plus years he was completely unhittable

Rick Ankiel had all kinds of "stuff" and was dominant for a short stretch....then came the post-season....and he was never the same.

There are several examples like that, but the basic point is that it's not only about "stuff"....especially when you're the closer. He had the edge and he lost it.

That's not to say he won't get it back again or that he's totally ruined (as it was stated that he puts together a nice string of innings), but it's nieve to think he'd return to his once-dominant form.

That is why it would be smart to cash in on Lidge now. He's still stringing together effective innings, but will probably never be what he once was.

Some GM will think that all he needs is a change of scenery and they'll give up more value for him than his current production suggests.

It'd be the smart move.....

MajorMike
08-13-2007, 12:39 PM
They've tried to dump him for a couple years and no one wanted him.

ATRAIN
08-13-2007, 01:42 PM

his value has declined but im hoping it goes up again.

DOMINATOR
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
you are so wrong lol.

AFBlue
08-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Seems to me that they've asked too much for him when showcasing him in the past.

He'd still probably get a high-level (possibly MLB) pitching prospect and a good young bat in return.

MajorMike
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Denial.