PDA

View Full Version : Parker: Playoff Jump Shot %

Dex
08-12-2007, 01:37 AM
I got in a random pissing match over Parker earlier today and was hoping to find this stat, but came up empty. Fortunately, I know a lot of you have better resources to hit, so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could scrounge up this info.

Looking for general shooting % shots outside the paint during this playoff run, and if I could find stats for years past, that would be sweet as well.

timvp
08-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Sup Dex?

On this site (http://www.82games.com/0607/playoffs/06SAS1A.HTM) you can see what Parker shot on jumpers in the playoffs. FYI, he shot 44.2% from outside the paint in the playoffs, including 64.3% in the last five minutes of games in that neither team were up by more than 5 points.

You can get to past playoff on this link. (http://www.82games.com/0607/playoffs/playoffs.htm) He shot 38% in '06 on jumpers in the playoffs and 36% in '05 in jumpers in the playoffs.

Dex
08-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Muchas gracias, senor. Always the gracious host.

Looks like the Engelland doubters out can't say much about Parker's crunchtime jumper.

Heebus jeebus, if he can just pull out that three ball next year...:smokin

Thanks for the links, those are some badass sides to trope around on.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow, nice find timvp.

44.2% from outside the key for the entire playoffs is excellent, and 64.3% when the game is on the line! Wow! The kid is finally a man. :D

pjjrfan
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Besides the shooting %, Tony totally controlled the pace and tempo of that series. His was a well deserved MVP trophy. The Cavs had some answers, even for Tim they were never able to corral Tony or even slow him down. That was a phenomenal series for our young pt. guard.

VaSpursFan
08-12-2007, 09:54 PM
tony really came into his own this season. i hope he adds the 3 ball to his arsenal this year. if he does, the kid will be totally unstoppable. his ability to finish at the rim, hit the midrang and make the 3...makes him a true, deadly, triple threat.

Solid D
08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Somebody give Chip Engeland some shares of the Spurs ownership group and some key man insurance!!!

ducks
08-12-2007, 10:13 PM
chip would do wonders for beno if he would practice with him

Switchman
08-12-2007, 10:16 PM
tony really came into his own this season. i hope he adds the 3 ball to his arsenal this year. if he does, the kid will be totally unstoppable. his ability to finish at the rim, hit the midrang and make the 3...makes him a true, deadly, triple threat.

That would be insane. Thank god he is actually young too.

ggoose25
08-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Sup Dex?

On this site (http://www.82games.com/0607/playoffs/06SAS1A.HTM) you can see what Parker shot on jumpers in the playoffs. FYI, he shot 44.2% from outside the paint in the playoffs, including 64.3% in the last five minutes of games in that neither team were up by more than 5 points.

You can get to past playoff on this link. (http://www.82games.com/0607/playoffs/playoffs.htm) He shot 38% in '06 on jumpers in the playoffs and 36% in '05 in jumpers in the playoffs.

that is sick :clap

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-12-2007, 10:25 PM
:tu to Chip, not only a great shooting coach but a really nice guy, and Tony's work ethic and desire to be great, which will take him anywhere he wants to go.

Yup, mark 2006-7 as the year TP emerged as a true top tier PG in all aspects. His D in the playoffs was also a revelation.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2007, 10:27 PM
And next year he's allowed to take 3's... :smokin

RC's Boss
08-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Tony = G.O.A.T

Dex
08-13-2007, 01:26 AM
If Tony's third year of development under Chip goes as well as his first two and he can manage even .40 from the arc, then Parker easily has the possibility to develop into one of the best players in the NBA. That's no small comment.

Maybe there is life after Duncan. :tu

For the record, Tony managed .395 3P% through this season, but only put up 38 due to still being red-lighted. A sign of things to come? :smokin

T Park
08-13-2007, 01:31 AM
I thought Parker was a choking french point guard?

Just ask IcecoldBrewski

oh wait.

Hes hiding...

SequSpur
08-13-2007, 01:33 AM
tony parker is the best player in the nba.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-13-2007, 05:00 AM
tony parker is the best player in the nba.

See where a Napoleon complex can get you? :lmao

FromWayDowntown
08-13-2007, 05:38 AM
I'll look forward to the early part of the 2007-08 season when some Mavs fans come around to argue that Devin Harris >= Tony Parker because Parker can't hit a jumper to save his life.

Also, I'd think the "Parker isn't clutch" stuff can finally be dismissed as utter nonsense.

exstatic
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Sup Dex?

The rest of the league should be terrified. Tony with jumper = 2nd Spur player that must be doubled. Do the math, and that leaves one player guarding the other three Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
The rest of the league should be terrified. Tony with jumper = 2nd Spur player that must be doubled. Do the math, and that leaves one player guarding the other three Spurs.

I'm not sure that doubling Tony is the way that anyone will defend him. But I do think that Parker's increased proficiency from the perimeter makes him one of the toughest covers in the NBA right now. If he starts hitting the 3 consistently, he becomes a guy who really can't be effectively defended -- if you come out on him, he'll blow right past and wreak havoc with your help defense, creating things for his teammates; if you play off of him, he can run screen/roll with Duncan or just pull up and shoot over your defense. Tony's continued improvement in that area of his game makes defending a title in 2008 very different, in my mind, than defending one in 2006.