PDA

View Full Version : Hip-Hop may suck......but ROCK is pure shit

lebomb
08-12-2007, 08:44 AM
suicide, death, and the love of Satan.........the lyrics.....if you can understand them through the screaming and screeching guitar are all the same. :rolleyes

blackbucket
08-12-2007, 09:57 AM
ignorant

IceColdBrewski
08-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Rock > cRAP

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 10:19 AM
iD!0+

lebomb
08-12-2007, 10:46 AM
ignorant

Yep, you are so correct.......most Rock bands are ignorant.

lebomb
08-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Rock > cRAP

.........hence, why Rock is the top music seller at this time. LMAO!!!

:lol

T Park
08-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I understand where your coming from.

Some of the stuff out there with the guitars and the screaming, I just dont get how thats thought of as music.

Of course I like rock, but alot of what I thought was rock is apparently "pop" now.

Like Chris Daughtry and others.

Stuff like Slipknot, and the likes of them, I just cannot fathom how thats considered music.

Findog
08-12-2007, 11:04 AM
there is no better band than the Brian Jonestown Massacre. They are the Velvet Underground of their time.

lebomb
08-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I understand where your coming from.

Some of the stuff out there with the guitars and the screaming, I just dont get how thats thought of as music.

Of course I like rock, but alot of what I thought was rock is apparently "pop" now.

Like Chris Daughtry and others.

Stuff like Slipknot, and the likes of them, I just cannot fathom how thats considered music.

To be totally honest.......I enjoyed the seattle grunge style of rock......I dont hear much of that anymore. At least that type had a rythmn......nicer vocals and was going somewhere.

JMHO!!!

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 11:20 AM
lebomb, i am with you. the constant screaming in the mic is horrible. that genre of music sucks hardcore. but that isn't what is classified as "rock". you are talking about metallica/metal/gothic. rock is softer and better to listen to.

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Metallica is good shit

lebomb
08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
lebomb, i am with you. the constant screaming in the mic is horrible. that genre of music sucks hardcore. but that isn't what is classified as "rock". you are talking about metallica/metal/gothic. rock is softer and better to listen to.

Yeah......I guess I mean metal. "shrugs"

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Screamo blows if that's what you're talking about.

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 11:28 AM
you are talking about metallica/metal/gothichttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1EW5z1wdc

NorCal510
:vomit to metallica/hardcore/screamo/major punk

ALVAREZ6
Why do you keep saying metallica like it's a genre?

It's a fucking band, how do you not know that.

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 11:30 AM
i don't listen to that shit. all they do is yell and shake their long hair. correct me if i'm wrong.

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 11:35 AM
You are wrong

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 11:35 AM
:lmao you thought Metallica was a music genre hahahaha

watch that Va Tech video. Maybe you can kick for them.

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 11:37 AM
metal/metallica... same shit

there goes your stupid "attacks"... "go kick for them". i would start on your weak var team at CB.

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 11:40 AM

there goes your stupid "attacks"... "go kick for them". i would start on your weak var team at CB.You wouldn't start over me, and the other CB who starts is better than I am, so no you wouldn't start.

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I am better than alvarez... word me.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 01:32 PM
suicide, death, and the love of Satan.........the lyrics.....if you can understand them through the screaming and screeching guitar are all the same. :rolleyes
Yes, because that's what Queen, Styx, and Foreigner were all about. :rolleyes

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Everything went to shit when Kurt Cobain died.

But, truthfully, Rock started to die right around the time the hair bands came around.

Nothing beats classic rock.

E20
08-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Metallica and Judas Priest are metal, but they don't sing any of those aformentioned.

They're also kick ass.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Metallica and Judas Priest are metal, but they don't sing any of those aformentioned.

They're also kick ass.

Judas Priest's lead singer, Rob Halford, is gay.

Really.
I'm not even talking trash here.

I just find it funny that a gay band would be considered "metal".

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Everything went to shit when Kurt Cobain died.

But, truthfully, Rock started to die right around the time the hair bands came around.

Nothing beats classic rock.
I don't mind some of the hair bands....I like Bon Jovi, GnR, and Poison, but that's really about it.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't mind some of the hair bands....I like Bon Jovi, GnR, and Poison, but that's really about it.

I love hair bands, but I think it was during that era that Rock began its downfall.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Fair enough. I don't listen to much from my own generation. I'm 19 and I have no idea who most of today's popular artists are....Hell, the only concerts I've been to are 3 Weird Al concerts, 2 Foreigner concerts, and a Queen+Paul Rodgers concert.

T Park
08-12-2007, 01:53 PM
yeah i was a huge fan of the pearl jam, nirvana, stabbing westward, you name it, I listened to it.

Now this stuff like Fall out boy, all of this, Im just like, good lord....

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Fair enough. I don't listen to much from my own generation. I'm 19 and I have no idea who most of today's popular artists are....Hell, the only concerts I've been to are 3 Weird Al concerts, 2 Foreigner concerts, and a Queen+Paul Rodgers concert.

Queen+Paul Rodgers????

Why??

w-h-y???

wwwwwhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy??????

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 01:55 PM
yeah i was a huge fan of the pearl jam, nirvana, stabbing westward, you name it, I listened to it.

Now this stuff like Fall out boy, all of this, Im just like, good lord....

I'm with you there man.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Because it's the only chance I'd get to see any incarnation of Queen in concert. He didn't do the vocals for Bohemian Rhapsody, though. They just played a clip of Freddie singing for that...the Allstate Arena went fucking batshit. I screamed. Like a girl.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Because it's the only chance I'd get to see any incarnation of Queen in concert. He didn't do the vocals for Bohemian Rhapsody, though. They just played a clip of Freddie singing for that...the Allstate Arena went fucking batshit. I screamed. Like a girl.

If I ever see Queen play that song with anyone else singing the lead . . . I will blow up the entire stadium/arena/whatever.

I swear by everything holy.

The carnage would be biblical.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 02:01 PM
If I ever see Queen play that song with anyone else singing the lead . . . I will blow up the entire stadium/arena/whatever.

I swear by everything holy.

The carnage would be biblical.
Well, of course. That's why they played the clip of Freddie's singing. It wouldn't be Bohemian Rhapsody otherwise, and the backlash would be unspeakably horrific.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Addition to my last post, while Paul Rodgers is by no means a substitute or replacement for Freddie, because, let's face it, NOBODY, is Freddie, he still did a damn good job....along with the Queen tracks in the set, they played All Right Now and Bad Company...since Rodgers was with Free and Bad Company, and all.

mardigan
08-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Some of the best musicians in the world are in "metal" bands

Phil Hellmuth
08-12-2007, 02:25 PM
music is subjective. i don't understand when people clash over different genres.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_ntrq_K40

:tu

Leetonidas
08-12-2007, 02:41 PM

there goes your stupid "attacks"... "go kick for them". i would start on your weak var team at CB.
No. Metal is a genre, Metallica is a band. They don't scream, they sing normally so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I don't even like Metallica but I know they're not a screaming-vocals band.

Rock contains no screaming. Rock nowadays is pretty shitty. No stuff like Scorpions, Queensryche, Zeppelin, and so on.

NorCal, the shit you listen to isn't even rock. Up until 4 weeks ago, you thought that Sanctus Real and Say Anything were punk rock. You don't know jack fucking shit about music at all dude so just do yourself a favor and stay out of musically oriented threads. Please, go back to listening to your indie/emo shit.

I'd also like to mention that just because some METAL might have screaming, that doesn't mean their lyrics are centered around Satan. Dumbass Christian morons think anything that has screaming is blasphemous and is evil, when in fact there is a lot of Christian metal (usually shitty metal though).

So pull your head out of your ass. What do you even listen to then? Country? Now that shit sucks.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 02:43 PM

Why shouldn't it be considered music? Just because you don't like it? It has a rhythm, meter and other components of all music. It just sounds harder and faster.

Leetonidas
08-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Why shouldn't it be considered music? Just because you don't like it? It has a rhythm, meter and other components of all music. It just sounds harder and faster.

This man speaks the truth.

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 02:44 PM
No. Metal is a genre, Metallica is a band. They don't scream, they sing normally so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I don't even like Metallica but I know they're not a screaming-vocals band.

Rock contains no screaming. Rock nowadays is pretty shitty. No stuff like Scorpions, Queensryche, Zeppelin, and so on.

NorCal, the shit you listen to isn't even rock. Up until 4 weeks ago, you thought that Sanctus Real and Say Anything were punk rock. You don't know jack fucking shit about music at all dude so just do yourself a favor and stay out of musically oriented threads. Please, go back to listening to your indie/emo shit.

I'd also like to mention that just because some METAL might have screaming, that doesn't mean their lyrics are centered around Satan. Dumbass Christian morons think anything that has screaming is blasphemous and is evil, when in fact there is a lot of Christian metal (usually shitty metal though).

So pull your head out of your ass. What do you even listen to then? Country? Now that shit sucks.
okay mr. music

UV Ray
08-12-2007, 02:51 PM

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
do you guys realize who you are agreeing with?

in case you forgot, he was the no-hearted bitch that wished cancer on people.

Leetonidas
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM

That doesn't make his statement any less true.

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 02:55 PM
yelling/screaming isn't music

plain and simple.

Leetonidas
08-12-2007, 02:56 PM

plain and simple.
Says who? When did you become the chancellor of music?

UV Ray
08-12-2007, 02:58 PM

Hitler was a pretty good artist.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 02:58 PM

plain and simple.There's a small, faintly glimmering, slice of optimism that tells me you can't really be as ignorant as you like to appear online.

If you actually are, however, my heart goes out to all that have to put up with you in person.

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 03:15 PM
so if i i'm eating and the sound of me chewing food is noise, is that considered music?

UV Ray
08-12-2007, 03:18 PM
so if i i'm eating and the sound of me chewing food is noise, is that considered music?

No, but it would be loud and obnoxious.

Leetonidas
08-12-2007, 03:22 PM
No drums, no bass, no guitars, no rhythm, no beat, no tempo, no lyrics...so, no.

Phil Hellmuth
08-12-2007, 03:29 PM

the group http://www.stomponline.com/ which I saw in Vegas might say yes.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Korn!
Metallica!
Megadeth!
Smashing Pumpkins!
The White Stripes!
Slipknot!
Tool!
Marilyn Manson!
Rob Zombie!
Slayer!
Static-X!

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Any other band that's worth mentioning that's rock/metal that I forgot!

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
If anything, metal musicians are truer artists than rappers. At least they create the music themselves instead of having a producer put a bunch of beats together have a guy rap over it.

Leetonidas
08-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Alexi Laiho. :worthy:

mardigan
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXt4BaaikrI

phyzik
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
all I know is my favorite thing to do in bars is when someone is playing rap on the juke box all freaking night, I go up and put $10.00 in and play stuff like Ministry, Megadeath and the like then turn around on the bar stool and watch everyone with that "deer in the headlights" look.

I have no problem with rap (or what people THINK is rap today), hell I even play some shit on the box every once in a while, but too much is too much.

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 05:30 PM
NorCal is always wrong.

inconvertible
08-12-2007, 05:50 PM
soul/blues and R&B is leaving music. by taking these elements out of the music loop we are left with 1. little more than commercial jingles 2.gurgling/screaming metal with no feel(see number1.)

some bands are bringing it back in subtle ways......those are the guys I listen to now.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-12-2007, 05:54 PM

Christ, McDermott what does that have anything to do with it?

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Christ, McDermott what does that have anything to do with it?

That a gay metal band is a funny thing.

But, you could've read that when I posted it a couple of pages ago.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.myspace.com/caninus

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 06:03 PM
According to Merriam-Webster (Dictionary):

Music - a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

So, screaming, grunting, etc., can be considered as music as long as it's organized and has rhythm, melody, and/or harmony.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 06:04 PM
http://www.myspace.com/caninus

I see you found Micheal Vick's favorite band.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I have always been of the opinion that there are only two types of music: good and bad. There are examples of both rock and hip hop that fit into either category.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I have always been of the opinion that there are only two types of music: good and bad. There are examples of both rock and hip hop that fit into either category.

I'd like to see the list of examples of the "good" hip hop.

The sentence I just typed is probably longer than such a list.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 06:08 PM

The sentence I just typed is probably longer than such a list.I disagree, but it's all subjective.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I disagree, but it's all subjective.

You would be wrong to disagree.
But, you're pretty cool, so I'll let that one go.

NorCal510
08-12-2007, 06:39 PM
No drums, no bass, no guitars, no rhythm, no beat, no tempo, no lyrics...so, no.
rap, hip hop, and r&b aren't music then because they don't use guitars

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 06:44 PM
I have always been of the opinion that there are only two types of music: good and bad. There are examples of both rock and hip hop that fit into either category.That's a pretty good take, I agree with that.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 06:47 PM

R&B artists do use guitars you moron.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
R&B artists do use guitars you moron.And rap and hip hop use guitars also, even they're often sampled.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 06:50 PM
And rap and hip hop use guitars also, even they're often sampled.

Good point.

Sampling is what's makes modern Hip-hop so wrong for me.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Good point.

Sampling is what's makes modern Hip-hop so wrong for me.

But they are "artists". :jack

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Good point.

Sampling is what's makes modern Hip-hop so wrong for me.I don't mind sampling if it's done well.

And it's not just hip hop that does it. I'm still blown away by Beck's sampling every time I listen to "Odelay."

TheSanityAnnex
08-12-2007, 06:55 PM

The sentence I just typed is probably longer than such a list.http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75792

TheSanityAnnex
08-12-2007, 06:56 PM
there are many hiphop groups that rock with live bands........
some of my favorites
the roots
non-prophets
antedote

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Hip Hop has such a negative image that most people just think about to lame shit on the radio. I enjoy some Hip Hop like Mos Def, Talib Kweli and other stuff that has lyrical value. If the fucker is just going to go on stage saying "Party like a Rockstar" than it is just dumb. And that's what most non-Hip Hop fans associate the music to.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't mind sampling if it's done well.

And it's not just hip hop that does it. I'm still blown away by Beck's sampling every time I listen to "Odelay."

The problem is that sampling is just ripping off someone else's stuff.
There is zero talent required for this.

If you sampled some AC/DC or Metallica stuff to "Chocolate Rain" it would be a major hit all over the country.

There is no talent required at all.

Beck's allright. But, he doesn't rely on the sampling. He's got good lyrics and vocals. He doesn't talk/mumble through his music.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Hip Hop has such a negative image that most people just think about to lame shit on the radio. I enjoy some Hip Hop like Mos Def, Talib Kweli and other stuff that has lyrical value. If the fucker is just going to go on stage saying "Party like a Rockstar" than it is just dumb. And that's what most non-Hip Hop fans associate the music to.

Hip-hob was relevant and original with the likes of NWA, Ice-T, Public Enemy, and Run DMC. Everything else is just commercialized, untalented crap.

cornbread
08-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Good thread Grandma.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Hip-hob was relevant and original with the likes of NWA, Ice-T, Public Enemy, and Run DMC. Everything else is just commercialized, untalented crap.No, there's good stuff out there, you just have to be willing to look for it. The artists that both TSA and midge have mentioned are good, original and rooted in lyrics more than beats.

90% of the shit on the radio/MTV is utter crap, however.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 07:10 PM
No, there's good stuff out there, you just have to be willing to look for it. The artists that both TSA and midge have mentioned are good, original and rooted in lyrics more than beats.

I guess I've just given up on the entire genre.

I'm so disappointed with the direction of music in general, that I'd rather just listen to the playlists on my Ipod.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-12-2007, 07:10 PM

I'd go with 100%.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd go with 100%.I can't quite say 100%, but maybe 95% would have been more accurate.

After all, had it not been for radio play, I wouldn't have given Amy Winehouse's album a chance.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Amy Winehouse is annoying.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Amy Winehouse is annoying.The singles are getting annoying because they're being played too much, but the album is great.

TheSanityAnnex
08-12-2007, 07:18 PM
90% of the shit on the radio/MTV is utter crap, however.I haven't listened to the radio by choice since I've driven a car.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Amy Winehouse is annoying.

You have no idea what you're saying.

Which reminds me, I think I told SilBlack I was going to burn her a copy . . . or was that you??

Alcohol is killing my memory.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 07:21 PM
The singles are getting annoying because they're being played too much, but the album is great.

I love that old Motown groove she's brought back.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 07:22 PM
You have no idea what you're saying.

Which reminds me, I think I told SilBlack I was going to burn her a copy . . . or was that you??

Alcohol is killing my memory.

Probably her. I wouldn't want a copy. I really can't stand her music.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I haven't listened to the radio by choice since I've driven a car.

Only justifiable reason to listen to the radio is for sports scores and traffic updates.
Past that, forget it.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Only the past couple of weeks have I listened to regular radio. It sucks. I have Sirius and it is the shit.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Every six months or so, I'll listen to the radio in the car for a couple of days just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Once it has been established that I'm not, I plug the iPod back in.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Every six months or so, I'll listen to the radio in the car for a couple of days just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Once it has been established that I'm not, I plug the iPod back in.

My Ipod has saved my life.

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't have an ipod, I'd love one for my car since I always have to change CDs. I've made a few MP3 CDs that can hold over 100 songs, but it can get annoying finding songs.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't have an ipod, I'd love one for my car since I always have to change CDs. I've made a few MP3 CDs that can hold over 100 songs, but it can get annoying finding songs.

That's why you should listen to albums as opposed to songs.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I resisted getting an iPod for a long time because it just seemed like such an unnecessary indulgence, but now that I've got one I can't imagine how I lasted so long without it.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't even look for songs anymore. Just put that fucker on "shuffle" and let it go.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I resisted getting an iPod for a long time because it just seemed like such an unnecessary indulgence, but now that I've got one I can't imagine how I lasted so long without it.

My sentiments exactly.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I've been lost since my 20 GB Dell MP3 player went out.

TheSanityAnnex
08-12-2007, 07:42 PM
My ipod mini only lasts twenty minutes on a charge. It just stays in its Bose sound dock now.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 07:47 PM
My ipod mini only lasts twenty minutes on a charge. It just stays in its Bose sound dock now.I got a docking thingy that's meant to play the iPod through your car's FM radio. It sounds like shit so I went back to using the cassette adapter, but it uses the cigarette lighter to charge your iPod, which I love. If I didn't have that, the battery wouldn't have lasted the whole drive on the day I moved.

cornbread
08-12-2007, 07:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXt4BaaikrI
This owns those who say metal lacks musicality.

cherylsteele
08-12-2007, 08:34 PM

Really.
I'm not even talking trash here.

I just find it funny that a gay band would be considered "metal".
In their heyday....JP was considered metal.....they were kings of that genre for a good stretch.....gay or not. Orientation makes no difference of an artists "metalness".

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I've been lost since my 20 GB Dell MP3 player went out.

:lol :lol :lol

That thing was a piece of shit.

But, it was better than that VCR Ted was carrying around.

midgetonadonkey
08-12-2007, 08:43 PM

That thing was a piece of shit.

But, it was better than that VCR Ted was carrying around.

That fucking thing lasted me 4 years.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
In their heyday....JP was considered metal.....they were kings of that genre for a good stretch.....gay or not. Orientation makes no difference of an artists "metalness".

I know it doesn't.
I was just being facetious.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
That fucking thing lasted me 4 years.

I've had my Ipod for twice that long.

TheSanityAnnex
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Were ipods even around 8 years ago?

cherylsteele
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
MTV plays music still??

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Were ipods even around 8 years ago?

I was being facetious.

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 08:47 PM
When questioning one of PeeWee's posts, just think:

"I think he's being facetious."

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 08:52 PM
MTV plays music still??More than they have in the last few years.

CuckingFunt
08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
When questioning one of PeeWee's posts, just think:

"I think he's being facetious."Was this facetious, too?

cherylsteele
08-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I personally don't follow music and bands like I used to even 15 yrs ago.
The music for the most part has no feeling.
I don't care for rap "music" because IMO it isn't music, an art form yes, music no, I don't know what to call it but I would certainly not call it music. It has no melody or harmonies, which is essential in music. It has rhythm, but that is about all. Just because something rhymes doesn't make it music.

cherylsteele
08-12-2007, 08:55 PM
More than they have in the last few years.
I guess I haven't been paying too much attention...been watching VH1 classic when I get the chance.

Leetonidas
08-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Bass is a guitar

peewee's lovechild
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Was this facetious, too?

slayermin
08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I think metal, rock, and punk rock is evolving into bands like Avenged Sevenfold. Not that I'm a big fan of them, but I hear influences from many different bands in their style.

peewee's lovechild
08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I think metal, rock, and punk rock is evolving into bands like Avenged Sevenfold. Not that I'm a big fan of them, but I hear influences from many different bands in their style.

I wonder if Fall Out Boy evolved from that as well.

Mister Sinister
08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Bass is a guitar
Bullshit. It's a fish!

CuckingFunt
08-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Bullshit. It's a fish!http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7830/26395msuperbassomaticpohh8.jpg

peewee's lovechild
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7830/26395msuperbassomaticpohh8.jpg

Mister Sinister
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7830/26395msuperbassomaticpohh8.jpg
:lol Fucking WIN.

Leetonidas
08-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Avenged Sevenfold used to be metal before they decided to change styles. Now they're considered to be more Hard Rock.