PDA

View Full Version : My one beef with the NFL.

T Park
08-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Is not having an alternative to injured reserve.

They really need an injured list to where a player can go on for a couple games be good to go and play.

Right now its 3 options

1. Get cut

2. put in IR, but DONE for the year!!

3. keep him on the roster but dont play him, when a player on the practice squad could do good but can't because of the roster spots.

scott
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
There is the PUP list - you can put a player on at the beginning of the season for up to 4 games, IIRC

T Park
08-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, but I was reading the story on Greg Ellis, he practiced 5 mins.

FIVE MINS, and the pain reoccured and hes out.

Well the cowboys cant put him on the PUP list cause he practiced for 5 mins.

To me wich is absolutely stupid.

Like I said, there should be an alternative list, for guys like Ellis.

BeerIsGood!
08-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Nah, it makes it more interesting and makes the coaching staff have to go with some tough decisions from time to time. That's sports, sometimes things don't work in your favor but you have to fight through it. If you want to keep the guy, keep him on the 53 and pick up the slack elsewhere. That's why it's good to have versatile guys who can play more than one position.

ggoose25
08-12-2007, 07:43 PM
One thing I liked about Parcells.

His attitude was always, "If you can't play. Get the fuck off my team."

leemajors
08-12-2007, 11:41 PM
fantasy football

fyatuk
08-13-2007, 07:11 AM
There is the PUP list - you can put a player on at the beginning of the season for up to 4 games, IIRC

It's the first 6 weeks of the season, then you can "activate" them or move them to IR. When you "Activate" them, they still don't really count until they practice, and you have 3 weeks on that setup. After those 3 weeks, you have to put them on the active roster or IR or cut them.

johnsmith
08-13-2007, 08:11 AM
To me wich is absolutely stupid.

:lmao :lmao