PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Congress

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Having solved illegal immigration, border security, social security, tort reform, health care, and prescription medicine gouging, they vowed today to continue the witch hunt over the federal judge firings.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/13/AR2007081300778.html?hpid=topnews

Great leadership being displayed in D.C. these days.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Having solved illegal immigration, border security, social security, tort reform, health care, and prescription medicine gouging, they vowed today to continue the witch hunt over the federal judge firings.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/13/AR2007081300778.html?hpid=topnews

Great leadership being displayed in D.C. these days.
I sure am glad the important work is done so they can pursue trivial things.

xrayzebra
08-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey, wait a cotton pick'n minute we need to have a hearing on
Karl Rove resigning. They need to call him up before Congress
and get to the truth of the matter. Yeah, heeeehawwww......

Nbadan
08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
How many years did the Republicans persue Cisneros again? How many millions of dollars were spent? More than the Cons spent to investigate 911 you say?....

Holt's Cat
08-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Has Bush figured out Iraq yet?

Holt's Cat
08-13-2007, 04:30 PM
We have a Democrat Congress today because of dissatisfaction over Iraq. That's not going away.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
How many years did the Republicans persue Cisneros again? How many millions of dollars were spent? More than the Cons spent to investigate 911 you say?....

So because the Republicans did some stupid stuff a while back that means the Democrats should be following up with a pre-school-esque 'you investigated us and blew millions of dollars, so we're going to do the same to you?'

I thought Pelosi and Co. told everyone back in the fall that they were above doing this kind of crap and were going to take care of the important stuff facing our nation. And yet we're back to partisan, juvenile grade school tit for tat crap.

And people wonder why the majority of the American public is so damn fed up with everyone in D.C...

They need to deal with the real problems facing our country instead of this partisaned BS.

clambake
08-13-2007, 06:28 PM
it's the guy with the veto's

CubanMustGo
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
After six years of Republican hegemony producing nothing but thousands of unnecessary Iraq deaths, trillions of dollars in boondoggle deficits, and utterly no progress towards resolving the Medicare or Social Security disasters, neocons get on Dems for not doing anything in six months - all without mentioning not to mentioning that Bush the Lesser will veto anything the Dems try anyway. Too funny.

remingtonbo2001
08-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Has Bush figured out Iraq yet?

Yes, about 4 years ago. We're still waiting for Congress to make a decision. I find it terribly sad that many within Congress have given in to an attitude of desolution and dispair. Only if this nation would gather together to work proactively as one. I suppose you would rather call me a name, instead suggesting an idea to further the progress of this nation.

remingtonbo2001
08-14-2007, 09:05 AM
After six years of Republican hegemony producing nothing but thousands of unnecessary Iraq deaths, trillions of dollars in boondoggle deficits, and utterly no progress towards resolving the Medicare or Social Security disasters, neocons get on Dems for not doing anything in six months - all without mentioning not to mentioning that Bush the Lesser will veto anything the Dems try anyway. Too funny.

Perception is a very powerful tool. There is a continual negitivity that has perpetuated on both sides of the isle. I find President Bush to be a few of the remaining optimist within the government.

George Gervin's Afro
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Yes, about 4 years ago. We're still waiting for Congress to make a decision. I find it terribly sad that many within Congress have given in to an attitude of desolution and dispair. Only if this nation would gather together to work proactively as one. I suppose you would rather call me a name, instead suggesting an idea to further the progress of this nation.

With all due respect I must ask you to elaborate on this statement."Only if this nation would gather together to work proactively as one."

I don't want to put words in your mouth nor misinterpret what you are trying to say.

clambake
08-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Only if this nation would gather together to work proactively as one.

More than half this nation believes that bush's actions are criminal. Are you suggesting that we become co-conspirators or are you suggesting we restore our country's dignity?

I suppose you would rather call me a name, instead suggesting an idea to further the progress of this nation.

Did you just say "further the progress of this nation?" Pal, I'd be happy to start the year 2001 all over again.

ggoose25
08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I find President Bush to be a few of the remaining optimist within the government.

:lmao

I do have to give him credit. With an approval rating around the freezing point, it takes some real optimism to stay in office.

T Park
08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
With an approval rating around the freezing point

yet still higher than the "new" congress's rating in the 20s.

Wild Cobra
08-14-2007, 10:32 PM
We have a Democrat Congress today because of dissatisfaction over Iraq. That's not going away.
That's only part of the reason. I blame the republicans more for not following the Contract with America. (http://www.house.gov/house/Contract/CONTRACT.html). Other conservatives do too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-15-2007, 05:26 PM

Of course I'll get on Demos for not doing anything. I was POed at Republicans in Congress for a lot of the same stuff (though I disagree with the unnecessary Iraq deaths part), and a lot of Americans were too - that's why the Demos got put in office - to change things.

And yet here we are, and the only thing that has changed is whether it's an R or D after their name.

Nbadan
08-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Well, that and the complete rubberstamping of Dubya's policies and legislative 'earmarks' going from about 1500 to 19000 while 'conservatives' were in charge...........