PDA

View Full Version : Lebron, now you know how it feels...

exstatic
12-11-2004, 09:02 PM
to be USED by some one, actually two someones on consecutive possessions, in the open court. Fuckin' Tim made him look stupid with a crossover. :lmao

ducks
12-11-2004, 09:03 PM
exstatic be carefully you will be considered a hater

exstatic
12-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Oh, no. I think he's what is referred to as a wonder player, it's just that he's still young, and you also would expect to see him abused so badly in the open court. I'm sure he'll even it out with a few highlights of his own.

mattyc
12-11-2004, 09:22 PM
7:47 Lost ball turnover on LeBron James, Stolen by Beno Udrih :smokin :drunk

exstatic
12-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, I guess he got tired of being the game's open court bitch. He put Barry's fouled fastbreak layup attempt into about the 15th row. SWAT! :lol

manustarting2gd
12-12-2004, 01:26 AM
Anyone got the clip of Tim crossing up Lebron??

T Park
12-12-2004, 01:28 AM
lebron is good.

But his defense is an absolute joke.

Not a great ALL AROUND player yet.

ALVAREZ6
12-12-2004, 11:41 AM
...what happened?

damn dude, i need NBA league pass.

CavsSuperFan
12-12-2004, 12:07 PM
...what happened?

damn dude, i need NBA league pass.

The Spurs had one of their best shooting nights of the season, when they do that... with the way they play defense... they are unbeatable...The Cavs caught them on the wrong night...

exstatic
12-12-2004, 03:08 PM
CSF - It's easy to shoot 84% for a half when no one on Cleveland plays transitional defense.

Alvarez - On consecutive fast breaks, Tim crossed over LeBron and got an and1 when one of the Cavs big men fouled Tim, then Tony drew an awkward foul from LeBron on the break, and put him on the bench for a while in early foul trouble.

LeBron's defense is terrible. To me, that is the grand canyon that divides him from MJ, who always took great pride in shutting down his man. I like the kid, though, and he's got time. I hope Si works with him.

adidas11
12-12-2004, 04:01 PM
I do have footage on tape of Shaq crossing up Duncan in WCF 2001. :)

Now THAT has to be embarassing...

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Lebron's D is godawful. Did anyone see him get shook out of his shorts by Nash a week ago? And with his athletic ability there's really no reason why he couldn't be a suffocating perimeter defender. He's fast enough to stay with most guards and big enough to body up on swingman. Give Pop a couple of weeks with him and watch him go.

Nikos
12-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Lebron has stiff hips. Has to work on that in order to become a great defender.

timvp
12-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that observation. ^^

:)

Nikos
12-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Doesn't get in a defensive stance consistently, or get low enough.

Is that better?

whottt
12-12-2004, 05:02 PM
The Spurs had one of their best shooting nights of the season, when they do that... with the way they play defense... they are unbeatable...The Cavs caught them on the wrong night...

Geez...it's not so much that we played differently...it's that your team played what appeared to be some of the worst defensive quarters in NBA history. They were not even trying to defend. You guys make the Mavs look like us.

Do the Cavs play like that all the time? If so then Silas needs to be fired. And how in the heck do you guys have a winning record?

Please tell me that was not a typical game by your team. Please tell me that they just quit...if they didn't then the East should be exiled from the NBA.

I wasn't impressed with Carlos Boozer's night either, I was thinking, damn, what a piece of crap that guy is.

You guys just left Bowen wide open...and it's not like the Cavs were doing it to double team Duncan or anything...they just didn't feel like playing D at all.

FWIW, LeBron looked like the defensive ace of the Cavs to me....

CavsSuperFan
12-12-2004, 05:17 PM
No reason to panic but these last 2 games showed the many deficits on this team: Very poor transition defense, lack of intensity for the full game, no bench whatsoever, (except the emerging Brazilian) and weak outside shooting...

Good teams are a major problem for the Cav’s... The Cav’s can beat the .500 and under teams with no trouble, but good teams run on us and force outside shots and its lights out... :rolleyes

Everyone knew this coming into the season but this team is still better than last years...Silas is smart enough to make improvements as the playoffs approach...

whottt
12-12-2004, 05:30 PM
No reason to panic

but these last 2 games showed the many deficits on this team: Very poor transition defense, lack of intensity for the full game, no bench whatsoever, (except the emerging Brazilian) and weak outside shooting...

No offense but you have no reason to panic because that team aint winning an NBA title this season. Period. So you are right, no need to panic. And I'm not just saying that to talk smack...no team that has that kind of defensive effort on a regular basis is going to win a title.

Good teams are a major problem for the Cav’s... The Cav’s can beat the .500 and under teams with no trouble, but good teams run on us and force outside shots and its lights out... :rolleyes

Seriously, that was a bad effort by your team defensively wasn't it? I mean you could see it right? Tell me that your team wasn't even trying. Please don't tell me that was their A game on D.

Everyone knew this coming into the season but this team is still better than last years...Silas is smart enough to make improvements as the playoffs approach...

The teams got talent, but to me they seem to be bigtime underachievers. I'd argue that they could be a hell of a lot better than their current record if they just commited more fouls on defense.

ducks
12-12-2004, 06:16 PM
now everyone should know here that is why james should not be considered mvp

he plays no d

CavsSuperFan
12-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Look lets save the Refs had an influence on the game for Lakers threads... :lol

The turning point in the Spurs/ Cavs game was 48 hours earlier when Tracy McGrady scored 13 points in the final 35 seconds to lift the Rockets to an 81-80 victory over the Spurs...

San Antonio came out to punch somebody’s lights out and shot a franchise-record 83.9 percent in the first half, making 26 of 31 shots, en route to a 69-45 lead at halftime. It may have been one of the best performances in league history...

The Cavs picked up 6 fouls just by breathing in 1st qt.... The Spurs had NONE.... Lebron got banged pretty good a couple of times shooting near the hoop... Not a peep...

Fouls had no outcome on the game...AS I posted earlier; it was simply the wrong night to play the Spurs...

manustarting2gd
12-12-2004, 07:29 PM
OK, so no video of TD crossing up Lebron out there?