PDA

View Full Version : Any new news on James White?

PhaQ
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I know this is OT but just wondering if anybody knows anything on him????

CubanMustGo
08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
James White!

SenorSpur
08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Can anyone provide some detail as to why the Spurs lost confidence in him?

James White!
08-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Perverts.

PhaQ
08-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Seriously though....any news? I heard that Indiana wanted him back or something like that.....

RC's Boss
08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
He's at some playground practicing his dunks.....

RC's Boss
08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Seriously though....

caŽlo
08-14-2007, 01:09 AM
maybe if dunks were scored as 4 points..

wildbill2u
08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
***** *****!

GrandeDavid
08-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Disappointed he didn't work out, but not surprised. After all, this is a guy who, as a senior, cut class during the conference tournament and got suspended for the next game, and UC was eliminated. Dumb ass. I know, I was excited when he made the team, and I'd hoped he'd turned the corner, and maybe he did work hard...but just wasn't good enough. I know there were serious issues about his physicality.

Mr. Body
08-14-2007, 03:31 PM
There's a chance he could still play for the Toros now, isn't there?

AFBlue
08-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Biggest thing I saw that might have rubbed the Spurs FO wrong was his apathy on defense, despite considerable ability. I'm not saying he was horrible by any stretch, but it was obvious he wasn't playing with Spurs-level defensive intensity.

It seemed he was more intent on scoring than anything else, and while that aggressiveness was good, it often didn't turn into production.

Not that I was suprised by the cut (Ludden and the coaching staff provided enough tidbits and left enough hints to infer), but I actually thought White was handled unfairly.

To me, White DID display the defensive intensity when playing for the big club at the end of last year and he managed to play within the system offensively while showing controlled aggressiveness. Apparently though, that didn't matter enough to pay him the whopping $700K he was owed.

Bottom Line: Probably was his lack of defensive effort...

BTW, he was shown up pretty bad defensively by second-round pick Marcus Williams. Williams, who had a considerably worse SL experience, was blocking, making steals, and using his long arms in general to disrupt the opposing offense.

Bruno
08-14-2007, 04:53 PM
James White face the typical choice of a borderline nba player :
- either he tries to make it in nba without a guaranteed contract with a good probability to end up in NBDL where salaries are low.
- or give up his nba dream for one year and sign a guaranteed contract in Europe with a quite big salary.

I don't know what will be James White choice. He has still earned a lot of money from Indiana and SA, so maybe he will try to get a roster spot in nba.

BTW, maybe I'm wrong on that but I think that more and more players choose to go in Europe over a non-guaranteed nba contract. It's likely because salaries are higher and American players have a better opinion of European BB than few years ago.

wildbill2u
08-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I hear he and Romain Sato are planning a TV show about two madcap fan favs who go to Europe. It will be called "Wingspan and Pogo"

Clutch20
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
It was Beno's fault.
...........?
Another player full of potential but not utilizing it to his fullest extent.
Maybe Pop being disappointed in Beno saw some of the same traits in James.

PhaQ
08-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Is it true that he might join Indiana?

GSH
08-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Along with Jackie Butler, he could have gotten a contract with Nike... as a court shoe. Sorry, too obtuse? The Spurs don't necessarily require players to be rocket scientists, but they do need players who can spell rocket scientist.

Butler and White are both talents. Neither were Spurs. Now it's official.

hater
08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
neither is Beno a Spur. Why isn't he cut already?

SenorSpur
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I noticed during the summer league games that he displayed the same aggressive offensive tendencies as he did during his brief stints during the regular season. That was very encouraging.

On the other side of the ball, I couldn't get a read on his defensive capabilities. He seemed to be conscious of releasing early for quick outlets.

If there was concern about his physicality (or lack thereof) that was certainly justified. He couldn't hold his position, which made him a very poor rebounder for his size.

If he could've gotten stronger both physically and defensively, I would've liked to have seen him play another year in D-league. However based on those factors, I do understand why the Spurs wouldn't commit another year of salary to him.