PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Vexler?

Shred
08-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone?

RC's Boss
08-13-2007, 11:44 PM
You have herpes and you want to let him know he should get checked out?

SequSpur
08-13-2007, 11:48 PM
dunno.. but ktkr announced that effective immediately he is no longer with them.

Switchman
08-13-2007, 11:49 PM
wow.

Did the Eric Gray guy get fired for that skit he did with ghetto Iverson during the start of this past year's playoffs?

Chris Duel
08-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Jeff Vexler is a great talent. I don't know the circumstances that led to his ouster.

However, as someone who has been on the receiving end of Clear Channel's ax, I know that the company often brings in managers from other cities who don't fully understand the San Antonio community.

Vex has passion, delivery and knowledge. He's a LOCAL who loves the Spurs and wears his passion on his sleeve.

Mark my words: Vex will be back and in a big way.

Someday the Clear Channel suits on Basse will empower local talent instead of blowing it out to bring in the new guy from New York or Florida.

The Truth #6
08-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Gray was fired immediately I believe. I didn't know that Vexler was now gone. In the beginning I thought he was interesting but got conventional as time wore on.

SequSpur
08-13-2007, 11:55 PM
i like vex..

i didn't listen to the show anymore cuz music is cooler and the spurs from a media standpoint frickin suck ass.

Kori Ellis
08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Jeff Vexler is a great talent. I don't know the circumstances that led to his ouster.

However, as someone who has been on the receiving end of Clear Channel's ax, I know that the company often brings in managers from other cities who don't fully understand the San Antonio community.

Vex has passion, delivery and knowledge. He's a LOCAL who loves the Spurs and wears his passion on his sleeve.

Someday the Clear Channel suits on Basse will empower local talent instead of blowing it out to bring in the new guy from New York or Florida.

They haven't hired a new Programming Director as far as I know, right?

So I'm wondering why he would be cut now before they even had someone new in place.

Anyway, I'll try to call him tomorrow and see what's up.

Hi Chris!

Kori Ellis
08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Gray was fired immediately I believe. I didn't know that Vexler was now gone. In the beginning I thought he was interesting but got conventional as time wore on.

It just happened today.

Chris Duel
08-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Hi Chris!

Hi Kori.

I just had to come in here and comment on Vex.

This sucks.

WOAI / Ticket 760 under Andrew Ashwood (1997-2003) rocked.

It's been downhill ever since IMHO.

Kori Ellis
08-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi Kori.

This sucks.

Well if it takes people getting fired for you to come over and visit, then they should fire people more often :lol

I hope all is well for you.

SequSpur
08-14-2007, 12:05 AM
all i know is the other day, I put it on Rome and they were playing a fricking silver stars basketball game at noon... during the week!!!!

okay....

wnba at noon, during the week and people are listening to it on the radio?????

life is almost over.....

SequSpur
08-14-2007, 12:06 AM
yeah... vex gets axed or leaves and now Duel posts a take.... it's on.

Spurbanana
08-14-2007, 12:17 AM
the Silver Stars game at noon was for kids in summer day camps to go to...best turnout they've had all season, and the kids loved it.

however, between Astros games, Silver Stars games, and their regular programming, 760 rarely gets the broadcast on correctly...

RC's Boss
08-14-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm out of papers...

monkeypunk
08-14-2007, 12:25 AM
balls

remingtonbo2001
08-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi Kori.

This sucks.

Let us not forget the memorable Jay Howard and the BANG. I miss the BANG. Nothing against Bill, he's grown on me since 2003. Good luck Vex, hope to hear from you again.

BacktoBasics
08-14-2007, 09:08 AM

Someday the Clear Channel suits on Basse will empower local talent instead of blowing it out to bring in the new guy from New York or Florida. I don't see how you can say Vex has knowledge about anything. I know him and we've talked plenty of times, he makes little to no sense with an arrogant narrowminded vision of nearly everything. I can't imagine being around this pompous ass daily. You do know this is the fucking moron along with Walter that thought the Iceman should come back off the bench because he would still be effective. I hope to never see or hear this guy again.

degenerate_gambler
08-14-2007, 09:42 AM
vex and wally....both a couple of tools

lotr1trekkie
08-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Channel is probably looking to get back to the "Pop Show" next season and anyone involved with the dopey "Iverson" skit had to go. Anyone who can reads knows what Iverson is/was. Convicted felon, spousal abuser, drug carrier, gun carrier etc. The only reason this thug got into college was because John Thompson had a lifetime commttment to giving scholarships to Black athletes exclusively. Ditto his son. Segment with Pop was unique in the NBA and a no- miss for Spursaholics. I hope they can bring it back.

YODA
08-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Channel is probably looking to get back to the "Pop Show" next season and anyone involved with the dopey "Iverson" skit had to go. Anyone who can reads knows what Iverson is/was. Convicted felon, spousal abuser, drug carrier, gun carrier etc. The only reason this thug got into college was because John Thompson had a lifetime commttment to giving scholarships to Black athletes exclusively. Ditto his son. Segment with Pop was unique in the NBA and a no- miss for Spursaholics. I hope they can bring it back.
Heck, this guy has the right quote. Wasnt it Vex who was responsible for this segment? The Spurs quickly cancelled the Pop show and all ties after that happen. I dont think they will return till Vex and the other guy was gone IMO.
Like the quote says, I think Clear channel just wants the Pop show back and all forgiveness.

Yoda
Do or do not, there is no try

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I found "Vex" to be vexing quite frankly

FromWayDowntown
08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't mean to throw dirt on the departed (if only temporarily) but I found Vexler to know relatively little about the subjects he discussed on his show. I'll admit to being an infrequent listener, but it said a lot to me that I was talking to my radio correcting Vexler's statements repeatedly during my occasional opportunities to listen to his show. I can't presume that he just happened to demonstrate his lack of knowledge in those few moments.

There is, I'm sure, more to radio than knowledge, but I don't listen to radio shows for energy -- I'm looking for information and a small bit of entertainment to go along with it. Frankly, I derived neither from listening to Vexler. He might be a great guy and I'm sure that I don't know the first thing about what it takes to be a great radio personality, but when I was driving and Vex and Walter were on the air, I found myself looking for other options -- and I don't think of myself as an uneducated radio listener. Other than being a Spurs homer, I'm not sure that Vex brought much to the Ticket table.

FromWayDowntown
08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Anyone who can reads knows what Iverson is/was. Convicted felon, spousal abuser, drug carrier, gun carrier etc. The only reason this thug got into college was because John Thompson had a lifetime commttment to giving scholarships to Black athletes exclusively. Ditto his son.

The continuing portrayal of Allen Iverson as some low life thug is remarkably ignorant of the truths about the way the man has turned his life around. There can be no doubt that Allen Iverson did some bad things as a kid and perhaps even in his early days as an NBA player. But in the last few years, everything out of Iverson has been solid and positive. People don't like him, but I think that's the vestige of his past and not a true reflection of the present. It does a disservice to guys like him -- guys who manage to find their way to the positive side of things -- to continue to portray him as a some thug. Aside from the fact that Pop is almost always going to have the back of any NBA players (and particularly those that he likes), the perpetuations of an outdated characterization of Iverson is what got the Ticket guys in trouble.

As for Allen having the opportunity to go to college, I'm not sure that he's any different in that respect than a great number of athletes who come from bad socio-economic conditions, but are given opportunities to better themselves at college while making the more erudite alumni happy to cheer for a winning team. For crissakes, even the Ivy League schools are allowed to seek admission of student-athletes who wouldn't otherwise qualify for admission to those institutions. I don't see why it's a bad thing for a university -- particularly a private institution like Georgetown -- to be proactive in extending educational opportunities to those who might not otherwise have that opportunity.

stxspurs
08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
i agree...he was too much of a spur fan in the way that he was so pro-spur he didnt really focus on the bad or what we could do to get better..i like to listen to both sides...i just dont want to hear that the spurs are the greatest...wally served as devils advocate which i liked but vex i felt didnt know much of anything. no real insight at all.......hell to tell u the truth i couldnt stand either of thier voices.....i mainly listened for spurs info....now that the cowboys are starting..i hate to listen to a jet fan on cowboy stuff.

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
and he jinxed the spurs in the 2006 playoffs

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
If only Chris Duel would stop having his mini meltdowns and post more this site would rock! At least we know he lurks and that's ok by me.
Jeff Vexler has talent, he just lets his ego get in the way of admitting he is a clueless asshat at times. look for Jeff to be on KTSA in 6 month!

:wakeup

SequSpur
08-14-2007, 12:40 PM
i don't mean to throw dirt on anything, but most of you know little about anything...

Taco
08-14-2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1906884#post1906884

Where is Vex?

I heard STSA intro they said Walter's name but no mention of Vex, Walter mentioned the show producer's name but no mention of Vex.

I think he called in sick on a "Friday / Monday" one to many times :depressed

Friday Aug 10, Walter said Vex was out sick

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey Taco thanks for posting my screen shot at SR your the man!

Taco
08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey Taco thanks for posting my screen shot at SR your the man!

:spin

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Don't worry brah I wouldn't want you to do something to get you Vexler'd at that site.

The only sad part of all this Bullshit is the ticket will never say what really happened. and these folks wonder why no one trust them. Like I really want to eat at some pizza restaurant Walter claims is the best when he can't even be truthful about his show.
It's only a matter of time till clear channel pulls their heads out of their asshats and realizes lies only do more damage

remingtonbo2001
08-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not saying the guy was a genius, not by any stretch of the imagination. Nor will I imply he's the best in the business. The guy just seemed like the average man off the streets of San Antonio, that's what he had going for him.

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
At one time that was not true. back in the day when he did the game night react show with Andy Everett he was real good about the spurs and had good insights. It wasn't until he got his own show and it went to his head and he started spewing anything that went in his head that ruined his reputation. I blame Don Harris for Ruining sports talk in San Antonio. He was a major influence on how the show format changed after he took over. And Walter and Jeff (being w/o any original creativity) just followed his lead. If only Peter Burns was not such a kiss ass he could do well on that show.

Tune into the sports grind around 1 PM on Saturdays and hear what local sports talk radio should sound like.

The_Worlds_finest
08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I switched to sirius about three months ago, never will I ever listen to 30 minutes of commercials for 30 minutes of sports talk again! If I happen to be driving a car without sirius Id rather listen to nothing, yes its that good. And no I dont listen to that degenerate slime ball piece of shit howard stern.

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 01:22 PM
I switched to sirius about three months ago, never will I ever listen to 30 minutes of commercials for 30 minutes of sports talk again! If I happen to be driving a car without sirius Id rather listen to nothing, yes its that good. And no I dont listen to that degenerate slime ball piece of shit howard stern.

I am happy for you. But there is still 90% of san antonio that needs a regular local AM sports radio show. And one day they might just get one.

Reggie Miller
08-14-2007, 01:39 PM
I live in a small city (120,000) that is equidistant from Indianapolis and Nashville. You could have it worse. In markets without professional teams, you get stuck with ESPN Radio, which has pushed out the regional networks and Indianapolis-based programming here.

Like a lot of people, I only listen to sports on the radio when I am stuck in the car. However, it has gotten to the point that the national ESPN product is completely unbearable. It's pretty sad when your only halfway entertaining show is on weekend nights at 1:00 AM Eastern (Bobby Valvano), because it doesn't fit the mold of alternately hyping and villifying some athlete/event/commisioner/etc.

At any rate, I mention this so people will be on their guard. Once ESPN and Clear Channel destroy all of their competition, they will have no motive or need to broadcast quality programming. The process is well under way.

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Clear Channel will have no motive or need to broadcast quality programming.

when did they ever? :lmao

having a small town is not a real reason to say you can't get quality radio. If you have some fun, and smart radio talk show hosts, you can get anyone to tune in. People first have to like you. Second you need to treat them with respect and don't push products you don't really use like body Solutions etc.. If I lived in a town with only 500 residences and Kori had a radio show, I would tune in just out of curiosity. As long as you do a good job keeping folks entertained while at work or in their cars, you can be successful

ducks
08-14-2007, 02:00 PM
i don't mean to throw dirt on anything, but most of you know little about anything...
why post here then :rolleyes

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 02:16 PM
just be glad your not @ SR where you have to say only good things about Jeff vexler or else :lmao

Today, 02:07 PM

(#43)
DizzG
SpursReport Administrator

Guys - we put this thread back but it was taken down earlier because some decided to bash the guy personally and post some things that were not true. Vex is a good guy (rather you like him on the show or think he is a good host or not is another matter...not saying you have to agree one way or the other) and has always defended this site when even other WOAI people didn't. He's also a member of this board and doesn't need to get personally bashed on here. If he ever wants to share his side - thats his business but otherwise we can discuss this without blasting the guy

I guess DizzG forgot all the bashing he does to Chris Duel and all the other shows he does not like. pot meet kettle.

GrandeDavid
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
In a twisted way, I'll sort of miss his dorky voice.

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Come over my place today and we will hit the bong as I pull out some of my old 1998 tapes of him doing game night react! you haven't laughed till you hear the Johnny Bottom-line calls

degenerate_gambler
08-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Come over my place today and we will hit the bong as I pull out some of my old 1998 tapes of him doing game night react! you haven't laughed till you hear the Johnny Bottom-line calls

i remember that dude..

isn't he taking a dirtnap?

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 02:40 PM
He moved back to LA that was just a rumor they started at the ticket to keep callers from asking about him. I heard him on Tony Bruno last week.

Re-Animator
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Come join the Jeff Vexler love fest :lmao

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1194585#post1194585

I am Tom
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Walter just said on the radio everyone deserves a second chance talking about Mike Vic. Someone needs to call in and ask him if Jeff Vexler deserves a second chance :lmao

2centsworth
08-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Compared to Walter, Jeff is a sports almanac. I think Jeff has talent and has a pretty good future in front of him. As far as the sports grind on saturdays, I like the show, but those guys know next to nothing about sports and have trouble speaking.

I can't think of anyone who would be perfect for the position, but someone like Paul Alexander teamed up with George Gervin would be nice. Of course George would have to be willing to learn Big 12 footbal.

I am Tom
08-14-2007, 03:45 PM
As far as the sports grind on saturdays, I like the show, but those guys know next to nothing about sports and have trouble speaking.

Then they should fit right in

Big Worm
08-14-2007, 04:20 PM
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/08/breaking_news_on_san_antonio_sports_radi.html

pooh
08-14-2007, 05:51 PM
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/08/breaking_news_on_san_antonio_sports_radi.html

Yeah, that was classic. I also like the post I made under the nickname of "chad". :) I'm sure that pissed them off.

exstatic
08-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Huh, huh...he said little...
http://members.tripod.com/~foodgodbb/beavis.jpg

exstatic
08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
...not saying you have to agree one way or the other)
...but if you don't, we'll just lock or remove your post. :lol:rollin

bendmz
08-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I am happy for you. But there is still 90% of san antonio that needs a regular local AM sports radio show. And one day they might just get one.

that sure as hell be the right thing to do.... BUT, I'm hoping those ding-dongs at WOAI know what the word LOCAL mean....
there's more to local sports than the Spurs. you got the Missions, Stars, Rampage... let's not forget "HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!"
How bout a south Texas version of Rick & Bubba.... :clap

Ocotillo
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
you need to treat them with respect and don't push products you don't really use like body Solutions etc..

:lol :lol OMG, Body Solutions!! I forgot about that crap. :drunk

T Park
08-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I'll miss Vexler.

He would be better teamed with a guy like David Chancelor who is an unbiased guy who is decent.

Pasacrita is prob the worst voice, person I've literally ever heard on the radio.

FromWayDowntown
08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I'll miss Vexler.

He would be better teamed with a guy like David Chancelor who is an unbiased guy who is decent.

Pasacrita is prob the worst voice, person I've literally ever heard on the radio.

I'd like Chancellor more if he could ask a question without 3 different segues and in less than 3 minutes.

To me, though, sports talk radio is primarily about knowledge of the subjects being discussed. The more knowledgable the host, the better the show. I'm not convinced that San Antonio really has any host that brings the sort of knowledge of sports that makes for a good show. Somehow, we've substituted glib and energetic for true knowledge of the subject matter.

bendmz
08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I'd like Chancellor more if he could ask a question without 3 different segues and in less than 3 minutes.

To me, though, sports talk radio is primarily about knowledge of the subjects being discussed. The more knowledgable the host, the better the show. I'm not convinced that San Antonio really has any host that brings the sort of knowledge of sports that makes for a good show. Somehow, we've substituted glib and energetic for true knowledge of the subject matter.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY CORRECT :clap :clap :clap

Switchman
08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
If walter would read this forum he would have plenty of great things to talk about instead of coming up with bullshit top 10 lists and all the other crap he talks about.

I can't stand walter which sucks because I listen to the show every day.

Twisted_Dawg
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Walter absolutely sucks.

=RTM=
08-14-2007, 09:32 PM
a guy like David Chancelor who is an unbiased guy

DC is the biggest Cowboys/Spurs Homer on the planet what David are you talking about? Have you not heard him on the radio?

King
08-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Vex is a great guy - was a good radio personality - but the show had gone terrible down hill, because all they did was try to be funny. The Topic Wheel is probably the worst segment in all of radio, anywhere. The callers are stupid, and the jokes are horrendous on it. They had ridiculous topics (school fight songs, etc). The Cowboys play by play was terrible during TC. Who the heck cares that Richard Bartel drops back and hits Jerheme Urban on a ten yard out in passing drills? I don't need to know that. Talk about the dang team, and the season.

Other sports shows don't do that crap. They talk mix sports and humor.

STSA doesn't/didn't. Mark me down for the Sports Grind moving to drive time.

acc085
08-14-2007, 11:12 PM
"Effective immediately, Jeff Vexler is no longer with KTKR," stated a memo distributed to Clear Channel employees late Monday.

It went on to say that Walter Pasacrita, Vexler's co-host of "Sports Talk San Antonio," would continue to helm the Ticket 760 show from 3 to 7 p.m.

Clear Channel-San Antonio's operations manager, George King, did not elaborate on the circumstances of Vexler's exit.

Whottt.
08-15-2007, 06:55 AM
He would be better teamed with a guy like David Chancelor who is an unbiased

David Chancelor is unbiased like your anorexic. :lmao

stxspurs
08-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Topic Wheel Sucked..i Agree. Dumbass People Trying To Be Funny And Even Worst Vex Trying To Put On That Fake Laugh. Any New News On Why He Was Canned?

CharlieMac
08-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Vex was a homer and all, but he was probably the best local personality on that station. Those guys on Saturdays are okay too.

I dont like Walter. He goes out of his way to be a dick, which why I thought they canned Booms in a few years ago.

CharlieMac
08-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I'll miss Vexler.

My mistake, I like Chance too.

pooh
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Vex slept with Spurs bedsheets, he was such a homer it wasn't funny. Both of them should've been axed after that AI incident.

Gumby
08-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Jeff Vexler is not sure why they told him the station is going in another direction. (if I had to guess?) That means Charlie Parker is getting Bored and wants to be on prime time. Many of you have no idea how much pull Charlie Parker has. Him and Walter have done some strange shit with the Gorrila and others and I don't think you can fire someone who knows some things you don't want public. But that goes with any Job.

My last job I got away with murder and never got fired since I knew my boss was using company money and supplies to re do his house. It may sound strange but you would be surprised what goes on behind the scenes, Why else would Halaburton and Roberto Gonzales still be working for Bush?

Why do you think Kori will never ban mouse? he has pictures of her naked from the last GTG.

Either way I hope Jeff vexler Mans up and post at least once at ST. or do we have to do like SR and kiss his ass?

Dude
08-15-2007, 10:24 PM
This link shows Jeff is thanking everyone for the kind words not knowing DizzG theatened to delete any negative posts about Jeff :lmao

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73470&page=5

Switchman
08-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Vex slept with Spurs bedsheets, he was such a homer it wasn't funny. Both of them should've been axed after that AI incident.

The AI "incident" wasn't even bad. People need to get thicker skin.

johngateswhiteley
08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
about fucking time...

SequSpur
08-15-2007, 11:59 PM
i hope vex calls some major league baseball games... he sounds like joe buck.

Steve Perry
08-16-2007, 08:26 AM
By jeff vexler giving kori the silent treatment is further proof he never liked ST and thus never talked about it on the air. You don't have to like the ST posters but to give Kori the fuck off bitch treatment is not what a professional sportscaster with class does.

maybe Jeff needs a little
Lovin’ Touchin’ Squeezin’

Kori Ellis
08-16-2007, 08:27 AM
By jeff vexler giving kori the silent treatment is further proof he never liked ST and thus never talked about it on the air. You don't have to like the ST posters but to give Kori the fuck off bitch treatment is not what a professional sportscaster with class does.

maybe Jeff needs a little
Lovin’ Touchin’ Squeezin’

When did he give me the silent treatment?

MajorMike
08-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Vex had to go find a hat big enough for Kidd's kid's head and then took a trip around Uranus.

Steve Perry
08-16-2007, 09:57 AM
When did he give me the silent treatment?

He is posting @ SR and not @ ST you do the math.
Jeff can post where ever he likes, it's just a shame he gives DizzG priority over you, that's an insult. or maybe it's a compliment :lmao

It must suck to not be able to speak freely about a person or a certain radio station. That's why I like being a caller/listener I have to answer to no one. I like Jeff Vexler but that does not mean I have to kiss his ass. I find at the end most people rather have that then the fake "oh your the best" lies 24/7

I have told Andrew Ashwood,Mike Cowen,Andy Everett,Chris Duel,Tony Bruno, and others when they suck and when they rock! At least they know they are getting the truth. Unlike SR where they all act like Jeff is the next Howard Cossell just to get him to post there.

Ask yourself Kori, do you really want people who always agree with you 24/7? If the The President of the United States can be critiqued, then why not the average American?

Until you see the big picture, you will never truly understand the mouse, and the way life is in San Antonio.

Kori Ellis
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
A lot of people I know who are my friends don't post here - including my brothers and sisters, that doesn't mean they are giving me the "fuck off bitch treatment." :lol I talk to them outside the forum.

MomBear works at Ticket760 - Vexler worked at Ticket760, you do the math. :lmao

Smackie Chan
08-16-2007, 11:22 AM
A lot of people I know who are my friends don't post here - including my brothers and sisters, that doesn't mean they are giving me the "fuck off bitch treatment." :lol I talk to them outside the forum.

Yes but it would be nice to see vexler post @ St in person to show support, not everyone knows about your inside friends. I still think it's a cheesy move on his part and I will tell him at the next ST basket ball tournament.

MomBear works at Ticket760 - Vexler worked at Ticket760, you do the math. :lmao

That kinda explains alot but why wouldn't Jeff mention SR more often on the air, or have a link to their forum on his ticket web site? Why must everyone be so anal in public and act like long lost friends in person?

To bad you don't like doing radio I could ask Chris Duel to get you and Jeff on KTSA as the new Spurs duo. Jeff & kori for the real Spurs talk story.

So is MomBear mHarmon?

Kori Ellis
08-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes but it would be nice to see vexler post @ St in person to show support, not everyone knows about your inside friends. I still think it's a cheesy move on his part and I will tell him at the next ST basket ball tournament.

I just talked to him on the phone for quite a while. I'm sure he'll post soon.

Smackie Chan
08-16-2007, 11:30 AM
So we get Dizzg's sloppy seconds? tell that golf playing midget we don't need him anymore!

Kori Ellis
08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
So we get Dizzg's sloppy seconds? tell that golf playing midget we don't need him anymore!

You tell him when he posts here :lol

Solid D
08-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I like Walter. If he doesn't know...he doesn't throw wild stuff out there with the hope that it sticks. No pretenses about who he is. He's an unusual character but he does a pretty decent job in asking questions during an interview. He normally doesn't make the mistake of asking a question by stating his view and then asking if the person agrees with him.

Smackie Chan
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I had no idea Jeff was so clueless about the www. I remember on his show one day he couldn't get over the fact that his question he posted on the www got over 1,400 replies. He kept bragging about it like he broke new ground or something. If only he would have embraced the www and ST his show would have had many good quality callers and postings. Instead he listened to Don Harris who called us all losers in our mothers basements.

WOAI/Ticket missed a golden opportunity when they dismantled the original SR and fucked up a good thing with that (forced) merger and pissed everyone off. But then again would we have ST if they didn't? It's a shame the almighty "ego" has priority over common sense.

sporter2
08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
:bang :bang
I just talked to him on the phone for quite a while. I'm sure he'll post soon.
What is going on over there on the ticket 760? People seemed to get fired there on a monthly basis with no mention to the listening audience. I did'nt hear about Nate Lundy until I read it on the internet. What ever happened to Stacy the sports chick and her husband Peter Burn are they still with the Radio Station? I wish there was another sports talk radio station here in town!!!

YoMamaIsCallin
08-16-2007, 12:09 PM
The continuing portrayal of Allen Iverson as some low life thug is remarkably ignorant of the truths about the way the man has turned his life around. There can be no doubt that Allen Iverson did some bad things as a kid and perhaps even in his early days as an NBA player. But in the last few years, everything out of Iverson has been solid and positive. People don't like him, but I think that's the vestige of his past and not a true reflection of the present. It does a disservice to guys like him -- guys who manage to find their way to the positive side of things -- to continue to portray him as a some thug. Aside from the fact that Pop is almost always going to have the back of any NBA players (and particularly those that he likes), the perpetuations of an outdated characterization of Iverson is what got the Ticket guys in trouble.

As for Allen having the opportunity to go to college, I'm not sure that he's any different in that respect than a great number of athletes who come from bad socio-economic conditions, but are given opportunities to better themselves at college while making the more erudite alumni happy to cheer for a winning team. For crissakes, even the Ivy League schools are allowed to seek admission of student-athletes who wouldn't otherwise qualify for admission to those institutions. I don't see why it's a bad thing for a university -- particularly a private institution like Georgetown -- to be proactive in extending educational opportunities to those who might not otherwise have that opportunity.

To quote your sig, Bang!

Exactly.

I was about to write a post like this when I saw yours.

AI is not "my kind of people". I doubt either of us would be comfortable hanging out with each other. But, I've got to respect, and even admire, where he is and what he does in his life now (and for the last several years).

Unfortunately, there are those who cannot see past the way he talks and dresses and how he wears his hair. Unfortunately I must point the finger and call these people racist. Racism isn't just about skin color, although it starts there. This is not a term I use lightly but I think it fits here.

Daffy Duck
08-16-2007, 12:32 PM
I take it you have never seen Chris Rock do comedy! Funny how some get a pass while others lose thier jobs

Daffy Duck
08-16-2007, 12:35 PM
:bang :bang
What is going on over there on the ticket 760? People seemed to get fired there on a monthly basis with no mention to the listening audience. I did'nt hear about Nate Lundy until I read it on the internet. What ever happened to Stacy the sports chick and her husband Peter Burn are they still with the Radio Station? I wish there was another sports talk radio station here in town!!!

That's what I like about Chris Duel. after he lost his Job at WOAI he spent a whole hour on KTSA to talk to the listeners and let them know what took place and even took questions. It's like Clear Cahnnel thinks if you don't talk about something it never took place. I bet WOAI is behind the 9/11 attacks.

maddnezz
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I take it you have never seen Chris Rock do comedy! Funny how some get a pass while others lose thier jobs I feel the same about adam sandler sometimes!:lol

Fat boy
08-16-2007, 04:34 PM
I tunned in today , I could only last around 90 seconds. A wannabe sports radio host from NY doing local San Antonio radio? :lmao

pooh
08-16-2007, 06:58 PM
In all honesty, they should just scrap the whole local sports talk show and just put it back to say 1/2 hr on WOAI. They've tried and tried now for 8 yrs plus and it just doesn't work. Give it up. Don't bring in Parker - loud mouth, Chance - the boy homer, Don - no more match game - Walter - I got lucky and went from the marriott to radio.

The Thompsons are "ok" when they're national and dont have to be "homerish", but just give it up. Local sports show here failed...take your losses and just plug in the rest of the Drive with Chris Myers and then Andrew and Kystal after that.

RIP local sports 1997- 'bout time.

Whottt.
08-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I disagree, back in 1997 I used to love to tune in to hear what Johnny Bottom-Line had to say next. You put Andy Everett and Tim Merryman on for 3 hours and you may have a decent show. Don't forget during the Spurs season San Antonio needs to have at least 3 hours to talk about losing to the Mavericks the night before. You think AAAugular Plumbing wants
to lose all the local customers? Some of those National shows hate San Antonio the station would lose thousands of dollars.

But I can see how the thought makes your Boxers all wet. At least with Vex gone they are moist.

Switchman
08-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Instead he listened to Don Harris who called us all losers in our mothers basements.

:lol I'm new here but someone provide the link to the thread where this was discussed?

Dude
08-16-2007, 08:37 PM
He said it on the air. A caller said he read at ST that Finley might be a Spur and Don said if your that stupid to read what goes on at ST your a loser with a capital "L" on your forehead. he said guys like Pooh spend their lives in their mothers basements spreading false rumors. He said you folks on the computer need to get a life. Then 30 seconds later he told the listeners to log on to ticket sports .com and check out the poll he has up :lmao

=RTM=
08-16-2007, 08:51 PM
=The deal with Jeff Vexler is he is ahead of his time. His mind is on another level folks here in Texas can't keep up with. I can see him on ESPN or Fox sports in 6 months. It was Don and Wally that made Jeff get off his style of doing sports. If you do a show with Jay leno for a year you will begin to act and talk like a comic. You will think every thing is a Joke. Jeff Vexler only played the part to somehow not lose Don Harris and Wally in his superior sports knowledge.

Many of you like myself are just angry at the Ticket and we take it out on Jeff. But you mark my words if he is not on ESPN or Fox in 6 months, he will be on KTSA doing the new SportsTalk show with Chris Duel or mighty mouse. finally san Antonio has a choice.=

=RTM=
08-16-2007, 08:59 PM
=This may be the worst move San Antonio radio has ever made since losing Jay Howard=

Jimmy
08-16-2007, 09:06 PM
= mark my words KTSA SportsTalk show with mighty mouse. finally San Antonio has a choice.=

Fucking A! Jeff and mouse would rule the radio for those 3 hours! Jeff fills the show with stats and his great perditions as he breaks down each game, while mouse reads email and posts and talks smack with the callers if they have no clue what being a fan is all about. Not to mention his 900 plus sound bites that make tony Bruno sound like an Ice cream truck circling your house for 12 hours.

mix in some Kori? and you have the best ratings money can buy :smokin

Whottt.
08-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I am not sure how long Mouse would last on the air but I would tune in. I hope Jeff comes out with a better job. the man works hard at what he does. he deserves better.

Last Comic Standing
08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Jeff Vexler was the only reason I tunned in, he was smart and funny. and that's no joke.

SenorSpur
08-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Personally, I enjoyed Jeff's overall knowledge. I didn't hear the Iverson skit. However, if what I read was true, it was definitely in BAD TASTE.

Save the schtick and just do the damn sports.

Last Comic Standing
08-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Save the schtick and just do the damn sports.

psssssst! I take it you never heard the Tony Bruno show. Comedy and sports go hand n hand like chips and salsa. The problem with Jeff, his salsa was from NewYork city :lmao

Tonto
08-16-2007, 09:36 PM
pale face jeff vexler make tonto proud
him talk sports like buffalo roam mountain side with many takes
him not post in pale face spurs talk forum
tonto not proud of pale face jeff vexler
tonto mad want to put moccosin deep in jeff vexlers
pale face ass

callo1
08-17-2007, 12:49 AM
psssssst! I take it you never heard the Tony Bruno show. Comedy and sports go hand n hand like chips and salsa. The problem with Jeff, his salsa was from NewYork city :lmao

Only comedian I have ever head do sports that I liked was Chuck Booms.

Radio and television are trying to chase the non-hardcore audience by adding the "entertainment value" of comedy and 90% of the time it fails miserably...Dennis Miller anyone?

While I didn't think the show was the greatest (it had moments), I liked Vex. I just wish they would have kept it more on sports and less on some of the other BS.

mouse
08-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Did you hear Rev mouse call in?

jeffvexler
08-17-2007, 01:46 AM
This is unbelieveable!!!! I've tried twice over the last two hours to post! Once the connection went down and then the next time I pushed backspace and it deleted it all!!!! FFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyhoo, I'll try again.

Guys and gals, I'm sorry it's been a while. I'm sure you can understand,things have been really busy of late. It takes a while to get back on your feet.

I guess I should say this first...The silent treatment???? What? Do I look like I'm in the third grade? (other than height?) I mean shit guys, didn't the Quiet Game run it's course right about the time Atari did?

I spoke with Kori for at least an hour this morning and we'll stay in contact for as long as can see into the future...She and I have been friends for a long while and will continue to do so whether or not I stay in the business. The same is true for MomBear who is one of the classiest ladies I've ever known...Both of them have ALWAYS had my back whether it was professionally or personally. The same can be said for others both on SR and ST. I have no interest in a rivalry between the two.

I cannot tell you how much it's meant to me to read all the votes of confidence from you guys. There was nothing I enjoyed more than entertaining and informing you guys everyday. I'm so thankful to have so many friends on different sites...Most especially my old confidant Chris. For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him, he is a true gentleman. One of a kind. A rarity nowadays. And one of the last completely dedicated professionals you'll find in business...and I mean ANY business. There aren't many in this world who can say they've had the pleasure of following a near identical career path to someone with as much talent as he's had, and I'm proud to call him my friend along with so many people I've worked with and known over the last 12 plus years in radio.

I guess last but not least I should put to bed a bunch of ridiculous rumors...It was all on account of moving in a different direction. Ratings were great as always, and so were the relationships. Wally is still my bro, and always will be even though we certainly had our differences...hey, that's what makes for entertaining conversation!

1) No I was not released because I missed last Friday's show...To be honest, and I have no problem being that way with you guys, I tore a ligament in my jaw!!!! No bullshit. I went to my dentist and was prescribed Valium for a muscle relaxer. I guess I could've gone on the air, but it wouldn't have been pretty! Might've sounded like the last part of the Humpty Dance...A-Derrr-errr...Derrr-reeerr...Aw-yeah!
2) Nor did it have anything to do with that stupid skit we did months ago. (though tasteless, I'll bet you that those who say I should've been fired never heard it in the first place....didn't hear the apology...and only read exerpts, written biasedly, from reporters who ALSO NEVER heard the segment)

I want to stay in touch with all of the STSA/DieHardSpursFans...it's still my biggest passion. Call me a homer...call me whatever you want....Alot of it's true. I AM A HOMER! I was born and raised a spurs fan but that doesn't make me one of the Three Blind Mice...you know who they are. I'll continue to think for myself and make my own conclusions not just regurgitate what's been told to me.

It means the world, as a man, to hear all the kind words but rest assured you don't have to kiss my ass. If I'm not your flavor than so be it...we all have different tastes. I mean who ever orders the same thing as their buddy does at 31 Flavors? Not me, not you. Maybe I'm Red wine, and you prefer White...but that doesn't make that expensive bottle of Cab on the menu a piece of shit. It's just not your preference... :) You have your right to your own taste.... (but let's face it you need to sophisticate your palate!!)!!!!!!!!! Just kiddin' :)
Much love to you all,
And I'll stay in touch as often as I can.
Jefferson

[email protected]
jeffvexler.com

jeffvexler
08-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Just read two more things I had to get in on...
Number one. RIP JBL. Johnny was undoubtedly a legend on the phone lines. Those React days were some of my most fun because I didn't have to host, I could just spout my knowlege...Johnny, Mouse, Mustang Tommy, and the often overlooked Preacher Tyrone were mt co-hosts. God Bless JBL.
Secondly....I never even mentioned KTSA, because we we were in driect competition...why would you give the competition free pub? I love Chris...and listen to him all time...I NEVER EVER even mentioned his shows, much less bashed him. That's BS. Hey guys, at the very least, please post facts not falsehood.

whottt
08-17-2007, 03:45 AM
Alright mouse...I'm slightly impressed, but can you get both of them in the troll forum? Then I'll be really impressed. And I am not talking about Conan and Bear either.

timvp
08-17-2007, 03:46 AM
What up Vex, it's LJ. Sorry to hear about your situation, but you'll land on your feet and be better off for it. I know you have a passion for the NBA and the Spurs, so hopefully wherever you land you'll be able to continue in that direction. Out of anyone I've ever met in the broadcasting business you enjoyed doing what you do more than anyone, and that kind of drive will lead you to bigger and better things.

Me and Vex go way back and he's always been a cool dude and never let his broadcasting fame go to his head, unlike a lot of other people in the industry. He has enough built up karma to get through this speed bump.

Good luck :tu

jeffvexler
08-17-2007, 03:56 AM
thanks LJ...I wasn't sure I could mention you by name. It has been a long friendship and it won't end. You know how much I love this shit! I'm a happy man to be free now. We'll go ball again soon....but not til i get my shape back...that's one thing I'll definitely do in the interim before I decide a professional direction.
Koko has my cell phone, stay in touch, ok?
Jeff

whottt
08-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Wait a freaking second...TimVP is the one known as LJ?

Holeeeeeee crap.

BacktoBasics
08-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Me and Vex go way back and he's always been a cool dude and never let his broadcasting fame go to his head, unlike a lot of other people in the industry. He has enough built up karma to get through this speed bump.

Good luck :tuI've always seen something different. I can't remember the last time he wasn't arrogant and pompous to the average joe that just wanted to come over and say hi.

I'll never forget the time one of his ex-girlfriends/galpals told me how it would piss him off if she tossed her .02 into a sports conversation to correct him. Got to the point where he didn't even want her talking if he was in a conversation with someone. You guys enjoy him all you want, I don't care for his antics or the way he treats people he thinks are beneath him.

SequSpur
08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I've always seen something different. I can't remember the last time he wasn't arrogant and pompous to the average joe that just wanted to come over and say hi.

I'll never forget the time one of his ex-girlfriends/galpals told me how it would piss him off if she tossed her .02 into a sports conversation to correct him. Got to the point where he didn't even want her talking if he was in a conversation with someone. You guys enjoy him all you want, I don't care for his antics or the way he treats people he thinks are beneath him.

you're just a hater. obviously, you've never met Jeff. Also, since when did an x actually said something nice about an x?

how in the fuck do you "enjoy" someone? Jeff is just a little taller than me, so how in the hell are people beneath him?

you got issues.....

how in the hell do you make it through the day?

geeze!

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I've always seen something different. I can't remember the last time he wasn't arrogant and pompous to the average joe that just wanted to come over and say hi.

Where do people see him that they want to come over and say Hi?

I'm not antagonizing you - I just wonder where you see him.

Dream Weaver
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
All Jeff needs is a good agent and he will be doing FOX radio by December. You should talk to Greg More he runs the show over there at FOX.

the agent
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Jeff PM me!

Booty Call
08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
since when did an x actually said something nice about an x?

So Jeff is available now?

BacktoBasics
08-17-2007, 11:26 AM

I'm not antagonizing you - I just wonder where you see him.I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place since I haven't been in SA for awile now nearing 4 years on a regular basis. A small bar over near Blanco and 281 if I remember correctly over near where the Panda was or still is. He was rude I thought he was real ass and at the time I didn't know who he was....maybe he was drunk I don't know.

Also saw him act the same way over at a place on I-10....I think Champs but I'm not sure if it was that place or somewhere else. Lots of people are assholes all the time I just found it humorous that everyone sings this guys praises all the time when to me it seems like he's got a pretty good size head.

Then this type of behavior was confirmed by the same gal he used date or see or whatever.

I will however say that this is old news since I haven't been in his presence for some time, whether that changes something or not is up to you.

Personally I don't find him very insightful or all that knowledgeable about sports in general and not just from a homer aspect either. I just don't think he actually watches the games or many of them. The way he talks its as if he watched sports center or a news cast and put some generic spin on things to make it seem like he has insight about something. Just my opinion...I feel the same way about Walter and actually Walter is the dumber of the two.

SequSpur
08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
So basically you're just blowing smoke up everyone's ass with allegations that are totally untrue and you still can't place where you met him but yet the x girl becomes a factor in all this..... :rolleyes

Big Worm
08-17-2007, 11:43 AM
After reading BacktoBasic's post ? I am now convinced I made the wrong choice about Jeff vexler. he is a rude, wannabe golf champ semi funny sportscasting midget!

BacktoBasics
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
So basically you're just blowing smoke up everyone's ass with allegations that are totally untrue and you still can't place where you met him but yet the x girl becomes a factor in all this..... :rolleyesWhy do you care? I told you it was the bar next to the Panda on Blanco and the Champs over on I-10....possibly the Fox and Hound. I'm not blowing anything are you fucking blind? I never said the x girl was a factor I mearly stated what she said.

I formed my opinion and I'm not the only one who feels this way. I also shared my opinion on his radio work which in my opinion is poorly researched and poorly presented. Now if you want to continue to rim this guys ass out with your little tongue do so I don't care but don't expect me to stiffle my opinion when I've seen and heard it first hand.

I am Tom
08-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Jeff was rude to me also! I remember one time I was trying to get on 410 by Blanco and he would not let me in. although i could only see his fingers and the top of his head, I know it was him, who else would drive a 1993 Honda Accord with a ticket760 bumper sticker?

SequSpur
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
You still haven't validated your opinion. All you present is subjective material that makes you sound like a hater. Do you know what subjective means?

The radio show sucks, whether it was walter, jeff, andy, charlie, etc. There is nothing to talk about in San Antonio. The Spurs are boring. they don't shoot, rape, dogfight or fight in bars anymore... What do you expect?

You are making personal allegations that has nothing to do with the show. now you're calling me gay... again, how do you make it through the day?

Dude
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
I am not sure if jeff is rude, or just stingy. One time at Zippers lounge I was in the mens room taking a shit when Jeff vexler sat in the stall next to me. I knew it was him from the smell of Aqua Velva and I could hear him on his cell phone talking about his golf score from that day. I asked him if he could pass me a few sheets of paper since I was down to only 4 sheets and i just had a Mexican plate from Lupita's cafe.

he said do you work for clear channel? And i said no! He said then fuck off and die!

I thought that was rather rude on his part, but after I got to meet him,and shake his hand after i took a shit and did not wash them, I was ok.

Fat boy
08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
what I don't like about jeff was him getting me to drink all those body solution bottles he had in the back seat of his car in the WOAI parking lot back in 1998

BacktoBasics
08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
You still haven't validated your opinion. All you present is subjective material that makes you sound like a hater. Do you know what subjective means?

The radio show sucks, whether it was walter, jeff, andy, charlie, etc. There is nothing to talk about in San Antonio. The Spurs are boring. they don't shoot, rape, dogfight or fight in bars anymore... What do you expect?

You are making personal allegations that has nothing to do with the show. now you're calling me gay... again, how do you make it through the day?I don't have to validate it. Its my opinion. I said

Personally I don't find him very insightful or all that knowledgeable about sports in general and not just from a homer aspect either. I just don't think he actually watches the games or many of them. The way he talks its as if he watched sports center or a news cast and put some generic spin on things to make it seem like he has insight about something.

what do you want for validation I heard and saw him act a certain way...what do you want witnesses, video, audio...what?

I'm entitled to make person allegations because I witnessed it just like anyone else. I can also form an opinion based on what the ex said because its my choice. If you don't like it oh well, your opinion doesn't matter to me.

I make it through the day just fine. I like to start with a nice warm shower and a few cups of coffee. Then I generally ignore the public until its time to go home and relax.

johngateswhiteley
08-18-2007, 01:01 AM
This is unbelieveable!!!! I've tried twice over the last two hours to post! Once the connection went down and then the next time I pushed backspace and it deleted it all!!!! FFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyhoo, I'll try again.

Guys and gals, I'm sorry it's been a while. I'm sure you can understand,things have been really busy of late. It takes a while to get back on your feet.

I guess I should say this first...The silent treatment???? What? Do I look like I'm in the third grade? (other than height?) I mean shit guys, didn't the Quiet Game run it's course right about the time Atari did?

I spoke with Kori for at least an hour this morning and we'll stay in contact for as long as can see into the future...She and I have been friends for a long while and will continue to do so whether or not I stay in the business. The same is true for MomBear who is one of the classiest ladies I've ever known...Both of them have ALWAYS had my back whether it was professionally or personally. The same can be said for others both on SR and ST. I have no interest in a rivalry between the two.

I cannot tell you how much it's meant to me to read all the votes of confidence from you guys. There was nothing I enjoyed more than entertaining and informing you guys everyday. I'm so thankful to have so many friends on different sites...Most especially my old confidant Chris. For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him, he is a true gentleman. One of a kind. A rarity nowadays. And one of the last completely dedicated professionals you'll find in business...and I mean ANY business. There aren't many in this world who can say they've had the pleasure of following a near identical career path to someone with as much talent as he's had, and I'm proud to call him my friend along with so many people I've worked with and known over the last 12 plus years in radio.

I guess last but not least I should put to bed a bunch of ridiculous rumors...It was all on account of moving in a different direction. Ratings were great as always, and so were the relationships. Wally is still my bro, and always will be even though we certainly had our differences...hey, that's what makes for entertaining conversation!

1) No I was not released because I missed last Friday's show...To be honest, and I have no problem being that way with you guys, I tore a ligament in my jaw!!!! No bullshit. I went to my dentist and was prescribed Valium for a muscle relaxer. I guess I could've gone on the air, but it wouldn't have been pretty! Might've sounded like the last part of the Humpty Dance...A-Derrr-errr...Derrr-reeerr...Aw-yeah!
2) Nor did it have anything to do with that stupid skit we did months ago. (though tasteless, I'll bet you that those who say I should've been fired never heard it in the first place....didn't hear the apology...and only read exerpts, written biasedly, from reporters who ALSO NEVER heard the segment)

I want to stay in touch with all of the STSA/DieHardSpursFans...it's still my biggest passion. Call me a homer...call me whatever you want....Alot of it's true. I AM A HOMER! I was born and raised a spurs fan but that doesn't make me one of the Three Blind Mice...you know who they are. I'll continue to think for myself and make my own conclusions not just regurgitate what's been told to me.

It means the world, as a man, to hear all the kind words but rest assured you don't have to kiss my ass. If I'm not your flavor than so be it...we all have different tastes. I mean who ever orders the same thing as their buddy does at 31 Flavors? Not me, not you. Maybe I'm Red wine, and you prefer White...but that doesn't make that expensive bottle of Cab on the menu a piece of shit. It's just not your preference... :) You have your right to your own taste.... (but let's face it you need to sophisticate your palate!!)!!!!!!!!! Just kiddin' :)
Much love to you all,
And I'll stay in touch as often as I can.
Jefferson

[email protected]
jeffvexler.com

i equate your performance to more of a bum wine. a little T-Bird perhaps:
http://www.bumwine.com/tbird.html

for more on the truth:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41975

Man of Steel
08-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Too bad, Vex--those douche bags at Clear Channel really suck big time.

I also believe that you will have great things ahead-- shit--go out to LA and take some demo tapes--you'll get a gig with alot more money (and with alot more honeys).

johngateswhiteley
08-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Too bad, Vex

I also believe that you suck at sports talk-- shit--go out to LA and take some demo tapes--you'll go bankrupt and come back with your tail between your legs (and never hook up with honeys).

probably true.

conversekid
08-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I loved Vex on game night react and at first on STSA.... but he changed. Don't know if that was because of don harris, being paired up with waltr, or whatever. He's knowledgable and has the potential to do well in a sports talk role -- just needs better partners and/or arena. And that's not a knock on walter -- he's actually been a lot better since being on his own. Maybe the Walter/Vex combo wasn't a good mix.

My 2cents.

BacktoBasics
08-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I loved Vex on game night react and at first on STSA.... but he changed. Don't know if that was because of don harris, being paired up with waltr, or whatever. He's knowledgable and has the potential to do well in a sports talk role -- just needs better partners and/or arena. And that's not a knock on walter -- he's actually been a lot better since being on his own. Maybe the Walter/Vex combo wasn't a good mix.

My 2cents.Wouldn't hurt if he actually watched the games....not just the Spurs games.

johngateswhiteley
08-18-2007, 11:13 AM

My 2cents.

while they are both horrendous, you may be right in that the sum of their parts is less than the individual. lmao....

inconvertible
08-19-2007, 01:34 AM
I like how walter acts like vex never existed, I hate how they do that nowadays. something Stalinish about that.

T Park
08-19-2007, 02:50 AM
I formed my opinion and I'm not the only one who feels this way. I also shared my opinion on his radio work which in my opinion is poorly researched and poorly presented. Now if you want to continue to rim this guys ass out with your little tongue do so I don't care but don't expect me to stiffle my opinion when I've seen and heard it first hand.

in other words, i formed my opinion out of lies, and I have a deep jealousy of the man, so im gonna insult you so as to cover up my BS.

Nice job assclown :tu

T Park
08-19-2007, 02:55 AM
BTW Vex, you prob don't remember me, but we met a few times out at the Republic.

I only went there because you guys advertised for em, and I decided to help support the local business.

You were a great guy, and it was awesome to have a fellow golf lover on there, now that they've stowed Andy Everett away for some reason.

Heres hoping KTSA has a brain and hires you and Jay Howard back for a local sports radio show that I can listen to without having to hear a brain dead dumbfuck new yorker on there.

T Park
08-19-2007, 03:02 AM
BTW Vexler was a homer, but, when the Spurs played bad, he called em on the carpet, and I agreed with about 99% with what you said.

Ignore what these chidlish jealous asshats like Johngatesfuckhimself and this other moron.

Stay in the biz Vex.

inconvertible
08-19-2007, 03:25 AM
Vex, wherever you go, as long as you give propers to the spurs.........I will listen.

:flag:

it happened to tony bruno, and mark patrick......its just a matter of time until JT's act runs out.

Vex take it light. you will be missed.

BacktoBasics
08-20-2007, 09:30 AM
in other words, i formed my opinion out of lies, and I have a deep jealousy of the man, so im gonna insult you so as to cover up my BS.

Nice job assclown :tuYou sure are sensitive to this guy. I formed my opinion out of what I personally saw and what was told to me by a close friend. I never made anything up nor are there any lies. Maybe you're covering up some deep down feeling of poor selfworth I don't know but I'm entitled to my opinion just like you but at least its formed or partially formed by what I saw with my own eyes and what is solid information from someone I've know for over 10 years.

If Vex whats to know who she is I'll be happy to PM him and he'll know I'm not full of shit he'll know the name immeadiatly. In any event I don't like him and there are quite a few radio guys I don't like and it has nothing to do with jealously its just my my likes and dislikes. I also gave you reasons why and its not my fault you can't tell the difference between someone who watches sports and reports and someone who watches the highlights and reports. That to me is the difference between good knowledge and just some knowledge.

MajorMike
08-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Ignore what these chidlish jealous asshats like Johngatesfuckhimself and this other moron.

Haha, so true. I would equate him to Dice Clay. Thinks he's an expert yet has nothing intelligent to say. Covers his ass by using cuss words and trying to degrade you. Gets backed into a corner and becomes completely belligerent. Tries to make it seem like you are the dumbass when you just proved he was. Disappears when called to the carpet only to show up later like nothing ever happened.

maxpower
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Haha, so true. I would equate him to Dice Clay. Thinks he's an expert yet has nothing intelligent to say. Covers his ass by using cuss words and trying to degrade you. Gets backed into a corner and becomes completely belligerent. Tries to make it seem like you are the dumbass when you just proved he was. Disappears when called to the carpet only to show up later like nothing ever happened.

I honestly don't know who this refers to.

It seems to fit quite a few posts in this thread.

BacktoBasics
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I've run from nothing. I have nothing to hide and even offered up her name to him so he knows I'm just trolling him for shits sake.

lint
08-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Tpark/Kori/greg more/Almente/DizzG,etc........will never say anything negative about anyone on radio and TV why would they burn any bridges they might need in the future. They have all done Spurs radio/TV/Blogs/round tables etc...

I am sure deep down inside Walter does not like things about Don Harris,and Vex does not like things about Walter, and Kori does not like things about David Chancellor and so on. I know for a fact Tpark has always had something negative to say about the Ticket radio from time to time. everyone at one time or another will be called an asshat from Tpark give it time.

But the truth is, they have to kiss each others ass's to succeed in the Spurs world.
that is just the way things are.

Hot Buttered Farina
08-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Well, there goes my dream of hearing Vex say "suffering succotash." He kind of grew on me, but the first time I heard him on the radio, he said something about Darren Woodson (instead of Teague) hitting T.O. after the Star incident. He had nowhere to go but up from there, I suppose. :p:

Best fake laugh in the history of radio, bar none.

Brandon Fraser
08-21-2007, 10:44 AM
'oh GOD! now we have to listen to more of that sandwich making homo Walter?'

PeterBurns
08-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Quite an interesting read for the last 20 minutes......
Good feedback both ways.

Taco
08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Good feedback both ways.

Pete are you still with WOAI or Ticket760?

Laidbackinsa81
08-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Well all I know is that at least the show was somewhat fun with Vex and Wally, but now I'm back to listening to KZEP on the way home. While I enjoyed Wally as the 2 guy, listening to his voice for a full 3 hours could drive anyone to drink, bleach that is. Jeff I didn’t always agree with you, but you were at least entertaining.

Shelly
08-21-2007, 10:49 PM
I am not sure if jeff is rude, or just stingy. One time at Zippers lounge I was in the mens room taking a shit when Jeff vexler sat in the stall next to me. I knew it was him from the smell of Aqua Velva and I could hear him on his cell phone talking about his golf score from that day. I asked him if he could pass me a few sheets of paper since I was down to only 4 sheets and i just had a Mexican plate from Lupita's cafe.

he said do you work for clear channel? And i said no! He said then fuck off and die!

I thought that was rather rude on his part, but after I got to meet him,and shake his hand after i took a shit and did not wash them, I was ok.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Because I'm twelve

screamformelongbeach
08-22-2007, 02:51 PM

I'm not antagonizing you - I just wonder where you see him.

I've seen him several times at the bar at Silo on Austin Highway -- always 3 sheets to the wind, clothes disheveled, smoking a cancer stick, and in general being an ass-clown who is severely tarnishing the diplomas of all of us fellow Alamo Heights H.S. grads.

I'll grant you people who are in his corner that he has a pretty good working knowledge of the NBA, but his knowledge of the rest of the sports world is pathetic. Go read the "Ticket 760 Lineup" thread for a few examples.

PeterBurns
08-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Pete are you still with WOAI or Ticket760?

Both.

HJNTX
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM

If someone has the determination, they can change and turn their life around .. not for anyone other than for themselves though...

SequSpur
08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Good feedback both ways.

yeah 18 minutes of Mouse aliases. :spin

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2007, 04:15 AM
I've seen him several times at the bar at Silo on Austin Highway -- always 3 sheets to the wind, clothes disheveled, smoking a cancer stick, and in general being an ass-clown who is severely tarnishing the diplomas of all of us fellow Alamo Heights H.S. grads.

i hate that bar, but i guess thats like saying i hate some of my high school mates...lol. anyway, your description seems about right....

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2007, 04:21 AM

Stay in the biz Vex.

i'm jealous b/c vexler sucked on the radio?...that makes no sense. i don't think i'll ever leave Missoula, beautiful scenery, beautiful weather, fun people, small city...and most importantly no STSA.

i don't understand people like you T Park, b/c i dislike something i must be jealous of it? b/c the people of San Antonio knowingly/unknowingly suffered through hours of garbage sports talk a day? b/c i wanted something more for the great city of San Antonio and myself? if thats the measure of a jealous person....OK.

vexler, walter, charlie, and chance all suck. why do you think clear channel has started to clean house?...b/c vexler, gray and whomever else sucked ass. it won't be long until walter is gone, imo. but we'll see...

FromWayDowntown
08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
You can apparently add the Thompson Brothers to the WOAI/Clear Channel exodus:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/2007/08/more_woai_exits_changes.html

More WOAI exits, changes

Jason and Rob Thompson said today at the top of their WOAI show that they're waving goodbye to San Antonio and their late afternoon "Prime Time San Antonio" show.

Their last on-air day here, from what I could gather, will be Friday.

Morning man Joe "Pags" Pagliarulo will succeed them as host of the 5-to-8 p.m. talk show. As for who'll succeed him on "First News San Antonio," WOAI's Web site suggests Charlie Parker will be returning.

As for how long they'll let Parker settle in there, well. . .as we know he has been moved around at the Clear Channel operation more than a fruitcake at Christmastime.

I guess "Pags" will enjoy the later show as he'll get to sleep in and then gab, gab, gab about all kinds of things to his heart's content.

Pardon me if I yawn. WOAI's known for fixing things that weren't broken. The morning show ratings with "Pags" at the helm are spectacular, yet they're changing the lineup.

I hope he realizes that the evening show comes with a kind of curse, as the turnover has been huge the last several years, despite terrific ratings; first, Chris Duel was yanked and then Jeff Bolton. Now, the Thompson brothers are out of there.

As for where they're going, the brothers gushed and gushed about how this is such a "different opportunity," one they couldn't possibly pass up. Yet, the entire time I listened, they never actually said what it was. Don't you just hate that?

WOAI, too, promised a press release about all this right after the Thompsons' "announcement," after I asked Clear Channel operations manager George King about the rumored changes as long ago as last week and again today. It's 7 p.m., however, and I've been sent nothing.

Joe "Pags" wouldn't comment either — even though listeners told me he actually announced moving to the p.m. on his show this morning. Welcome to corporate radio.

The Jason half of the Thompson brothers never returned my call last week either. . Oh, well. The comforting thing — or maybe it's discomforting — is that WOAI, no doubt, will be going through something like this once again in a couple of years. . .if not sooner.

maxpower
08-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Anywhere Parker plants his flag is one less option I will take.
Morning drive for me will now consist of a mixture of news from 550 ktsa, 760 and 99.5 kiss.
I thought I heard Parker's gravely voice on 1200 once or twice last week but would not leave it on there long enough lest I suffer a full segment of his inane opinions and endless 'lists'.

tmtcsc
08-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Impersonation of Walter: Well, I uh........I don't know about that. I, Uh...that's uh...that's......I'd have to say I don't agree, because that situation is uh..Well, frankly its not uh, its not part of the overall ..solution to the uh problem.

As for Parker, I wrote David Chancellor an e-mail a couple of years ago imploring him not to let Charlie Parker take him down with him into lazy, uneducated, disgusting, underachieving mediocrity.

Parker is inherently lazy and has survived this long by agreeing to whatever is asked of him. He doesn't rock the boat and has no desire to excel in anything but reaching retirement. That being said, he'd probably be entertaining at a BBQ.

Impersonation of Parker: When we get back....YOUR top 10 reasons that I can't stop mentioning Tommy Kramer is my brother in law.

T Park
08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
the thompsons leaving pretty much puts a dagger into whatever reason i had to listen to WOAI.

Congrats Management :Tu

I am Tom
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
tmtcsc gets it! That was the best wally impersonation I have seen in a long time!

I thought it was just me who noticed he says uh! every 3 words. it gets on my nerves. I was thinking of doing a drinking game every time he says uh! we drink a shot of crown but i would be drunk in the first 5 minutes and run out of Booze.

Charlie parker has been around since they still did commercials for Levi's bell bottom pants. He probably knows one of the big wigs at clear channel cheats on his wife so he has a life long job security. His top 10 list is older than the 10 commandments.

It really doesn't matter who they put after a week they will have an ego bigger than Tpark's ass and we will be in the same boat for another 4 years.

Steve Perry
08-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I heard the 'Sports grind' today they kicked ass!

Tonto
08-26-2007, 12:36 AM
ask pale face oh aay eye