PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Interview (Video) From ESPN Night We Won, Includes Debate Duncan Vs. Shaq

duncan228
08-14-2007, 08:04 AM
I don't recall this being posted when we won, but it seems like it's been years already so forgive me if it was posted!

As always, I like hearing Duncan speak, this clip is where he says that this year was the toughest road to a Title that he's had.

Oh...The interview is done by Stephen A. Smith...I thought a warning was appropriate! :lol

http://francis1645.multiply.com/video/item/263/NBA_Comparison_Tim_Duncan_vs_Shaquille_ONeal

duncan228
08-14-2007, 08:21 AM
:oops

I just noticed the page has Spursreport.com on it. :oops
It also has WOAI.com.
???

It seems to be someone's blog.
Sorry if this isn't something I should've linked.
Please delete if it's a problem. :oops

Avitus1
08-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Cool Video...

remingtonbo2001
08-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Good post.

spursfaninla
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM
This was NOT the toughest road to a title, sorry duncan. The pistons in the finals in 05 could have gone the other way, this one was never in doubt.

spursfaninla
08-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Duncan said they played "3 great teams..." and I was wondering if he meant Denver, Phoenix and Utah, since those are the teams that actually won a game or 2 against them...

duncan228
08-14-2007, 01:07 PM
This was NOT the toughest road to a title, sorry duncan. The pistons in the finals in 05 could have gone the other way, this one was never in doubt.

I think he was referring to the Nuggets/Suns/Jazz road to get to the Finals, not the Cavs.

spursfaninla
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Sure, those were 3 very good teams this year. But we didnt' even get taken to 7 games once! I don't think you can put it in the same category as the 05 playoffs just because of the finals. This year only 1 team took us to 6 games, and that was Phoenix where we clearly had the momentum and game 6 was not that difficult.

In 03 every playoff series until the last went 6 games for the spurs, where we had to take out the Lakers, Dallas and phoenix.

The teams were good this year but none threatened down the stretch of the series like years past.

duncan228
08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Duncan says "Toughest road we've had so far" and "We played 3 really tough teams."

I think the way to look at it is to try to understand what Duncan meant by "Toughest."

I agree that Seattle was physical and took us to 6 games in '05, but the Nuggets and Suns were not hard that year.
In '03 the road may seem tougher to us but apparantly it wasn't to Duncan.

I'm trying to understand what he meant rather than putting my own spin on it. There was some conversation on this board when this same quote came up and someone said that Duncan wouldn't downplay his compitition, so maybe it's that. He said this was the toughest because this was the current one.

Just my thoughts...But I always see Duncan through rose-colored glasses and I tend to believe what he says.

hater
08-14-2007, 01:44 PM

If you include all the adversity Spurs faced out of the court, including Duncan's "fight" with the ref right before playoffs, all the conversation about that, plus how he was getting beat up by Nuggets, plus all the drama from the Suns bitches, plus all the hype of Lebron in the finals, this was probably the toughest on Tim mentally especially.

spursfaninla
08-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, mentally with distractions, maybe the toughest. I dont' think Denver was beating tim up any worse than that Sacramento team handled us.

I could see Duncan assuming that this team is better than past teams, which explains why this team didn't go 7 against anyone. If we assumed that, it is fine that we didn't go 7; the teams we beat were better than past years, but so were we.

I just consider getting past a 3-in-a-row champion in 03 and winning in the last 5 minutes of game 7 pretty tough to beat in terms of "difficult playoffs"...

carina_gino20
08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Or it could be the whole run, from the regular season to the playoffs. I mean, they were playing so badly in January and Pop even said it was the most horrible defensive team he'd seen in years.