PDA

View Full Version : Don Imus to get $20 million from CBS....

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 12:33 PM
......and he may get a new radio show, according to www.drudgereport.com.

Yonivore
08-14-2007, 12:43 PM
......and he may get a new radio show, according to www.drudgereport.com.
I wonder how the nappy-headed ho's of the world feel about this.

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't know, maybe you should ask your mom

Yonivore
08-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't know, maybe you should ask your mom
Called her up. She wanted to know what was a "nappy-headed ho," so, I sent her a picture of your mom.

Wild Cobra
08-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Good.

Now I never liked Imus, nor did I think he was treated right. If he was a member of PETA, NAACP, etc. He would have been able to say anything without being attacked by the fascism of the Political Correct crowd.

UV Ray
08-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Good.

Now I never liked Imus, nor did I think he was treated right. If he was a member of PETA, NAACP, etc. He would have been able to say anything without being attacked by the fascism of the Political Correct crowd.

The politically correct crowd may have lost a little steam over the Imus firing.
Sharpton's promise to mitigate the use of the "N" word in rap lyrics had about as much credibility as OJ's promise to find Nicole's killer.

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Imus may not be in the clear just yet. A Rutgers player has filed a defamation suit against him. I wonder if other players will follow suit.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070815/imus-lawsuit/

Lebowski Brickowski
08-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Imus may not be in the clear just yet. A Rutgers player has filed a defamation suit against him. I wonder if other players will follow suit.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070815/imus-lawsuit/

Interesting timing to file, being right after the 20 mil he just banked.... :rolleyes

Quit being a victim.

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Quit being a victim.

I'm sure you said the same thing about Imus when he sued, right?

Whottt's Dealer
08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Its all about the money, man. Just hustle that money

Don Imus
08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
I told you all I'd be back.

Lebowski Brickowski
08-15-2007, 11:48 AM

I believe he sued his employer for wrongful termination or breach of employment contract. Not because they called him a name. nana nana boo boo

Lebowski Brickowski
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Vaughn's attorney, Richard Ancowitz, said, "The full effect of the damage remains to be seen."

:lmao

translation: "We don't know how much we can get out of this guy yet."

xrayzebra
08-15-2007, 02:15 PM

Imus sued? Don't think so......

xrayzebra
08-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Vaughn's attorney, Richard Ancowitz, said, "The full effect of the damage remains to be seen."

:lmao

translation: "We don't know how much we can get out of this guy yet."

Lawyers like sharks can smell the blood in the water.
:hungry:

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I believe he sued his employer for wrongful termination or breach of employment contract. Not because they called him a name. nana nana boo boo

defamation of character has its roots in common law, and the idea that one should be held responsible for essentially falsely attacking another's character can be traced back to ancient rome. it is not just some namby-pamby lawsuit as you would have us believe.

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Imus sued? Don't think so......

Excuse me, he threatened to sue for $120 million.

Lebowski Brickowski
08-16-2007, 09:17 AM
defamation of character has its roots in common law, and the idea that one should be held responsible for essentially falsely attacking another's character can be traced back to ancient rome. it is not just some namby-pamby lawsuit as you would have us believe.

"falsely attacking another's character" as you say.... not calling someone a name. Attacking somone's character to the extent that it negatively affects the person's livelihood, occupation, or life.

So IF I call you a panty waste, or say that your hair is nappy, or that you are a profligate, or, a "ho," you want my money, right? You deserve my money?

What I'm saying is that the extent of the personal "damages" in this case of a basketball player being called a name would ultimately be up to the player to decide. Sticks and stones...etc... Hang on and be a victim, or let it go. Why does she give a shit about Don Imus anyway? I bet she never heard his name before this.

Are you a victim? Do you deserve my property because I call you a name?

The root of the whole fiasco is the culture of victimhood: somebody owes me...I deserve more...I demand a handout...the government is supposed to feed me and take care of me....and on and on ad infinitum.

btw -- I don't give a fuck about don imus or his money. All I know is that he had a contract with his employer that said he had to shock his audience and he could go over the line without retribution. Obviously, his employer, CBS, saw that the termination was bogus, or else they would have crushed him in court.

Oh, Gee!!
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
"falsely attacking another's character" as you say.... not calling someone a name. Attacking somone's character to the extent that it negatively affects the person's livelihood, occupation, or life.

How do you know it hasn't affected her in that way? You don't know her, and don't know what's happened to her since Imus made the remarks. If she can prove that the remarks did cause damage to her reputation or livelihood, why shouldn't she be allowed to sue?

So IF I call you a panty waste, or say that your hair is nappy, or that you are a profligate, or, a "ho," you want my money, right? You deserve my money?

if it's a false statement that harms my status in the community, then yes I'd be entitled to sue you for defamation. But since you're a loser, and nobody gives a crap what you say or think, I doubt anything you could say would affect me in that way. Besides, even if I won the lawsuit you're so poor I would never collect a cent.

What I'm saying is that the extent of the personal "damages" in this case of a basketball player being called a name would ultimately be up to the player to decide. Sticks and stones...etc... Hang on and be a victim, or let it go. Why does she give a shit about Don Imus anyway? I bet she never heard his name before this.

she can't control how the community reacts to her now, or opportunities that may have been lost because of what Imus said. The basis of the suit is not that her feelings are hurt, it's that a false statement has had real-life negative implications.

The root of the whole fiasco is the culture of victimhood: somebody owes me...I deserve more...I demand a handout...the government is supposed to feed me and take care of me....and on and on ad infinitum.

There you go again proving to the rest of us that you're full of garbage. This suit involves private parties and has nothing to do with government handouts, but nice subject change nonetheless.

Lebowski Brickowski
08-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Excellent job missing the entire point and basis of the underlying problem.

Oh, Gee!!
08-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Excellent job missing the entire point and basis of the underlying problem.

great comeback, NOT!!!! pwnt

Lebowski Brickowski
08-16-2007, 10:59 AM
"Not" :lmao who says that?

Lebowski Brickowski
08-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey -- she can claim to be a victim all day long. I just don't live like that. It's not worth it. I don't need people feeling sorry for me. I can handle that job by myself. ;)

I guess if she were going to apply for a job but didn't get hired because someone heard on the radio that she is a nappy headed ho, she'd have a legit gripe. Sounds like an excuse to me.

oh, i just noticed the ad hominem attacks -- way to discredit your whole baseless and emotional argument.

Oh, Gee!!
08-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey -- she can claim to be a victim all day long. I just don't live like that. It's not worth it. I don't need people feeling sorry for me. I can handle that job by myself. ;)

I guess if she were going to apply for a job but didn't get hired because someone heard on the radio that she is a nappy headed ho, she'd have a legit gripe. Sounds like an excuse to me.

oh, i just noticed the ad hominem attacks -- way to discredit your whole baseless and emotional argument.

maybe you can't read very well, but I'm not advocating on her behalf. My only point is that she may have a legitimate claim, and since we don't know the circumstances of her life neither of us are in a position to say she has not suffered any actual, measurable damages from the remarks made by Imus.

Lebowski Brickowski
08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
maybe you can't read very well, but I'm not advocating on her behalf. My only point is that she may have a legitimate claim, and since we don't know the circumstances of her life neither of us are in a position to say she has not suffered any actual, measurable damages from the remarks made by Imus.

So wait until he gets his 20 mil, then sue his ass! :lol

As to my reading ability:

I italicized your run-on sentence and bolded your grammatical and syntax errors.

I'm done.

Oh, Gee!!
08-16-2007, 11:34 AM
So wait until he gets his 20 mil, then sue his ass! :lol

so then your beef is with the timing of her lawsuit but not necessarily with the basis of it?

As to my reading ability:

I italicized your run-on sentence and bolded your grammatical and syntax errors.

I'm done.

stop trying to make corrections, you'll only make yourself look even more foolish.

E20
08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
They had Al Sharpton on 3 different news channels; I think he was on Hannity and Colmes and CNN. The interview was pretty funny on HC.

SRJ
08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
How do you know it hasn't affected her in that way? You don't know her, and don't know what's happened to her since Imus made the remarks. If she can prove that the remarks did cause damage to her reputation or livelihood, why shouldn't she be allowed to sue?

That's quite a reach. Who, in a position to hire someone, uses The Don Imus Show as some sort of litmus test?

Oh, Gee!!
08-17-2007, 08:59 AM
That's quite a reach. Who, in a position to hire someone, uses The Don Imus Show as some sort of litmus test?

That's what lawyers get paid to do: make reaches.