PDA

View Full Version : Games the Spurs should have won in 2006-2007

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
We all have our opinions of games SA should have won last season. Here are mine:

November 3 vs. Cleveland: A bullshit game by all means. We let LeBron go 14-for-26 from the field in that game for 35 points. It wasn't real. If he was really that good, he would have done that in the Finals. Any average NBA player (like LeBron) can get the hot hand from the field on any given night. He just happened to do it vs. the Spurs Consider this game a W.

November 15 vs. Charlotte: This game went into overtime, but I figure the Spurs didn't think the Bobcats were worth the effort. I agree. Elson, Udrih, Oberto, Bowen and Ginobili combined to shoot 6-for-35 from the field in this game. Just an off night for those guys. Charlotte just happened to be around when our guys had an off night. They only won by 3. And Adam Morrison goes 12-for-23 from the field? Bullshit. He never made 12 field goals again the rest of the season, check his stats. The high point of the season for Charlotte. Consider this a W.

November 24 vs. Dallas: Another cheap win by Dallas. It was a three point win, and I recall Finley getting fouled while attempting a 3 at the end of regulation and NO CALL was made. Typical referee behavior for a Dallas game, giving them all the fucking calls or no-calls. Assholes got tossed by GS in the playoffs, how do you like that? Another W.

December 10 @ Lakers: Kobe going 13-for-25 I can understand. But to let Lamar Odom go 6-for-12? Let Luke Walton go 7-for-15? Kwame Brown 5-for-8? An off night for the Spurs. W.

December 22 vs. Houston: Houston is a bullshit team. Even worse, Houston was without their so-called star Tracy McGrady for this game. We let a couple of no-names like Luther Head, Chuck Hayes, Bonzi Wells, Juwan Howard and John Lucas III to get 50% of their shots to go down. This game was lost more because the Spurs shot badly than Houston playing good. Finley, Elson, and Bowen shot a combined 1-for-14. Another off night and an easy W otherwise.

January 2 @ Cleveland: A 4-point game. This time it's Ginobili and Bowen combining to shoot 1-for-14. At least we quieted LeBron to 7-for-17, which is about what we're supposed to allow the average non-championship team NBA player to shoot on us. We shot 38% but they shot worse and still won. An easy W on an average night. They shot 4 more free throws than us, that's how they probably won.

January 3 @ Minnesota: Again, any team on any given night can pull out their little lucky W and then go home. An overtime game that wasn't worth the effort playing against a team like Minnesota. Two point game. The high point of the season for Minnesota. We can't have Mark Blount (who is he anyway? Never heard of the guy) shot 12-for-14 from the field. The Spurs (and I can understand why) got bored playing Minnesota.

January 5 vs. Dallas: We let Dirk shoot 14-for-23. We also missed a couple of shots here and there. 5-point game. SA was leading most of the way before getting bored with Dallas. We have nothing to prove against this Dallas team and I'm still not impressed by Dallas.

January 17 vs. Lakers: Some dude named Turiaf made a basket to put LA up by 5 to seal the game. I bet Turiaf had never touched a basketball in his life prior to that career-highlight shot for him.

January 24 vs. Houston: We let the mediocre McGrady go 14-for-24 from the field that night for 37 points. Yao was out, so he got to jack up all the shots he wanted. They just happened to go in. Another bullshit high point of the season for Houston victory.

January 31 @ Utah: This game was ours but stubborn Utah had to keep making their little shit shots. We let some guy named Mehmet Okur go 10-for-14 in this one?! Horry won this game for us realistically.

February 1 @ Phoenix: Phoenix ran away with it. Wasn't worth the effort against a little mickey mouse team like Phoenix.

February 9 @ Orlando: I've said enough about this one. A shit dunk that was the highlight of Dwight Howard's career. Howard is the most ineffective No. 1 draft pick in NBA history. He just happened to pull out his little playground basketball move on this night. A 2-point non-win for Orlando.

April 1 @ Indiana: Don't remember how we lost this game by 1 point, but it's Indiana.

April 15, 16, and 18: Spurs were riding their way to a 61-win season (and that's even after some bullshit losses), before Joey Crawford had to toss Duncan from the game for laughing from the bench. In a Dallas game. GEE WHAT A FUCKING SURPRISE. DALLAS GETTING A CALL IN THEIR FAVOR. The main guys rested for the 2 games after that Dallas game, which was really a Spurs win by the way.

So there you have it, losses that were bullshit and probably the high point of the season for those teams that happened to get the lucky win on those nights. I was tempted to throw in the November 29 loss at Utah, but I'll let that one slip. The two Milwaukee losses aren't worth the effort to talk about.

dickface
08-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Spurs Forum

BUMP
08-14-2007, 01:54 PM
looks like all Dallas/Phoenix/Cleveland games are on there.

got your point across Jeff.

Findog
08-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Virgin Forum

Trainwreck2100
08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Virgin Forum

Moron homer forum.

sandman
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Give him enough time this off season and he will be able to justify an adjusted win total of 82 regular season games and a 16-0 playoffs sweep.

Trainwreck2100
08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Give him enough time this off season and he will be able to justify an adjusted win total of 82 regular season games and a 16-0 playoffs sweep.

Well the Spurs only lost because they didn't score more points than the other guys. If you factor in that the Spurs usually score more than they don't they win every time

sandman
08-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Well the Spurs only lost because they didn't score more points than the other guys. If you factor in that the Spurs usually score more than they don't they win every time

You gotta admit, every loss was some combination of a referee botch job/conspiracy, a third string shooting guard having a career night, or a misalignment of the cosmic harmonal resonance.

82-0. I call it.

Findog
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Is SpursDynasty a real Spurs fan, or just some Mavs/Suns fan trying to make Spurs fans look like total idiots?

We mock him all the time for the retardation in his posts, but if we're being successfully trolled, then who is the chump?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I guess Spurs fans really don't rest until they find something to complain about.

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
In my post, I mentioned 20 total losses. That's 20 out of 24 losses on the season. Does that mean SA could go 78-4? Yeah, if they wanted to. But I'm not thinking in terms of 82 games, or what their record would have been. I'm just looking at losses that just weren't supposed to happen. It looks like the Mark Blounts and Adam Morrisons of the NBA love to have career nights vs. the Spurs.

The above was just a survey of games the Spurs were supposed to win. Now obviously, you can't win them all, so I will subtract 8 from those 20 for a total of 12 extra wins the Spurs clearly were in reaching distance of. You have to admit the 3 Dallas, 2 Cleveland, Minnesota, Orlando, 2 Lakers, Charlotte, Boston, and Indiana loss were bullshit losses. I just left out the two Houston, Phoenix, and two Utah's there too. I'll go ahead and okay those.

So, that all being said, I will go ahead and say, the Spurs had about a 70-12 season followed by a championship. That's just the way it is and if you don't like, tough.

Findog
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
^ Concussed.

da_suns_fan__
08-14-2007, 03:30 PM
How bout "Games the Spurs should have LOST":

Nov 8: Raja Bell misses a free throw at the end of regulation to win the game.

Game 1 aginst Suns: Nash' busted nose keeps him out of the final minutes.

Game 3 against Suns: Donaghy officiating.

Game 5 against Suns: Amare/Diaw supsensions.

Oh well...Spurs were lucky, but they would have to be insanely lucky for a sequence of events like that to ever happen again.

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
How bout "Games the Spurs should have LOST":

Nov 8: Raja Bell misses a free throw at the end of regulation to win the game.

Game 1 aginst Suns: Nash' busted nose keeps him out of the final minutes.

Game 3 against Suns: Donaghy officiating.

Game 5 against Suns: Amare/Diaw supsensions.

Oh well...Spurs were lucky, but they would have to be insanely lucky for a sequence of events like that to ever happen again.

Raja Bell isn't that good of a player, and games don't come down to whether Raja Bell makes a free throw or not. He's a glorified high school basketball player.

If Nash would stop playing so rough and trying to be a badass, maybe he wouldn't have ended up with a busted nose.

There still is no proof of Donaghy fixing that game, him merely being in it isn't enough proof. How many fouls did he whistle and on whom, and what other calls did he make, etc. showing significant altering of the outcome. I have yet to hear it.

Again, if Amare doesn't try to come off the bench and try to be a badass, maybe he'd be in the game. Another glorified high school basketball player.

None of the above affected the series outcome. Best teams win seven-game series.

dickface
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Raja Bell isn't that good of a player, and games don't come down to whether Raja Bell makes a free throw or not. He's a glorified high school basketball player.

If Nash would stop playing so rough and trying to be a badass, maybe he wouldn't have ended up with a busted nose.

There still is no proof of Donaghy fixing that game, him merely being in it isn't enough proof. How many fouls did he whistle and on whom, and what other calls did he make, etc. showing significant altering of the outcome. I have yet to hear it.

Again, if Amare doesn't try to come off the bench and try to be a badass, maybe he'd be in the game. Another glorified high school basketball player.

None of the above affected the series outcome. Best teams win seven-game series.

Okay....SpursDynasty is just a parody of his old self now....he used to take this shit seriously but it's 100% obvious that now he's spewing out this bullcrap as a joke.

da_suns_fan__
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM

Actually, that one did.

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Actually, that one did.

No, it didn't. We won because Oberto hit his 11-for-11 from the field scoring 22 points, Duncan with 26 and Parker with 29.

Findog
08-14-2007, 04:21 PM
^ Cripple Fight!

yourcheatinheart
08-14-2007, 04:30 PM

in other words, like bruce bowen.

yourcheatinheart
08-14-2007, 04:31 PM
^ Cripple Fight!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/SM1082Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 04:32 PM
in other words, like bruce bowen.

Bowen is a NBA Defensive First-Team player who doesn't have to clothesline someone to feel good about himself like Raja "The Coward" Bell.

da_suns_fan__
08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Bowen is a NBA Defensive First-Team player who doesn't have to clothesline someone to feel good about himself like Raja "The Coward" Bell.

Raja Bell is a NBA Defensive First-Team player who doesn't have throw knees into people's groins, kick at player's heels, put his feet under jump shooters in mid air, karate kick Wally Szerbriack in the face for no apparent reason etc.

Plus Raja Bell is cool. He's plays with an edge. And most NBA fans love him for pissing Kobe off so much.

Bowen?

Who?

bdubya
08-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Look on the bright side, SD - by your logic, the Pistons advanced to the finals, so there was no sweep for SA, and possibly no title.

thispego
08-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Raja Bell is a NBA Defensive First-Team player who doesn't have throw knees into people's groins, kick at player's heels, put his feet under jump shooters in mid air, karate kick Wally Szerbriack in the face for no apparent reason etc.

Plus Raja Bell is cool. He's plays with an edge. And most NBA fans love him for pissing Kobe off so much.

Bowen?

Who?
haha, raja bell plays with an edge? funny

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
^ Cripple Fight!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/SM1082Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

:lmao God this is gonna go on for a long time...

dickface
08-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Virgin Forum
actually i dunno if this can be said of good ol' SpursDynasty. On his myspace page, Jeff is now listed as married. AND living in Dallas. I can only imagine the lively conversations with Mavfan that he gets into these days at the Josh Daniels Band aftershow parties.

Findog
08-14-2007, 09:42 PM
actually i dunno if this can be said of good ol' SpursDynasty. On his myspace page, Jeff is now listed as married. AND living in Dallas. I can only imagine the lively conversations with Mavfan that he gets into these days at the Josh Daniels Band aftershow parties.

link?

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 10:02 PM

I don't know where you get your info, but I am not married and don't live in Dallas. And that is not my myspace page.

Findog
08-14-2007, 10:02 PM
link?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
:lol

cornbread
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Damn. The Spurs lost those games. Deal with it.

How many fucking threads can one person start about the exact same thing?!

Shank
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
That fuck lives here in Dallas?

mardigan
08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Where is Bobcats Dynasty to break down the games the Bobcats should have won?

Findog
08-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Where is Bobcats Dynasty to break down the games the Bobcats should have won?

it would take too much time.

Findog
08-14-2007, 11:19 PM
That fuck lives here in Dallas?

apparently:

http://myspace.com/jeffdrums

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Nice try, but that is not me. There is a Jeff Ryder's Drum Shop, that has Jeff and Drum in it too, so I must be affiliated with them also.

Findog
08-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Nice try, but that is not me. There is a Jeff Ryder's Drum Shop, that has Jeff and Drum in it too, so I must be affiliated with them also.

Alright, post the myspace of the "real" SpursDynasty. Go sign up right now if you don't have one.

monosylab1k
08-14-2007, 11:34 PM
how bout this one?

http://www.christianforums.com/~jeffdrums22

monosylab1k
08-14-2007, 11:38 PM
I thought this might be your website, but this guy actually makes sense sometimes http://www.spursdynasty.com/

SpursDynasty
08-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh, and considering Donaghy might have blown some games for SA, you could say SA could have been a 72-10 team.

stretch
08-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Oh, and considering Donaghy might have blown some games for SA, you could say SA could have been a 72-10 team.
See the thread...
"Games the Mavericks should have won in 2006-2007"

B and P Cats
08-17-2007, 02:58 AM
We all have our opinions of games SA should have won last season. Here are mine:

November 15 vs. Charlotte: This game went into overtime, but I figure the Spurs didn't think the Bobcats were worth the effort. I agree. Elson, Udrih, Oberto, Bowen and Ginobili combined to shoot 6-for-35 from the field in this game. Just an off night for those guys. Charlotte just happened to be around when our guys had an off night. They only won by 3. And Adam Morrison goes 12-for-23 from the field? Bullshit. He never made 12 field goals again the rest of the season, check his stats. The high point of the season for Charlotte. Consider this a W.

[/B]

:lol The Spurs thought the Bobcats were worth the effort. They tried hard to win that game. I saw it. Overtime or not, the Spurs lost. They just were not ready for us. They thought, like you, that we sucked and they could easily beat us. Surprise!!! Count it as a big fat L for the Spurs!

SpursWillOwn
08-17-2007, 08:08 AM
:lmao Guess who led the Spurs in +/- for the third straight postseason? Bring up this point in Spurstalk.com and three most common explanations you'll receive are A) "It's a coincedence" B) "It's a meaningless stat" C) "Fuck off." --------http://www.spursdynasty.com/

~~Ice Man 2000~~
08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Did SpursDynasty create SpursDynasty.com?

mavs>spurs2
08-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't know where you get your info, but I am not married and don't live in Dallas. And that is not my myspace page.

You could easily give us your real myspace and end all this nonsense, couldn't ya?