PDA

View Full Version : TrueHoop: Oden on T.D.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Oden, as quoted in Patrick Cassidy's cover story in the new issue of DIME (http://www.dimemag.com/):
Everyone's been telling me that as a big man, no matter how much I prepare myself, you learn your toughest lesson when you go down to San Antonio. The other day [former NBA player and Blazers assistant coach] Monty Williams pulled me aside and told me: "That guy down there" -- meaning Tim Duncan -- "has had surgery on his left knee. He can only jump about this high [holds his fingers about an inch apart]. He won't say a word to you, and he will Bust. Your. A--."

GrandeDavid
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Wordness Uppus. Go Tim.

boutons_
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Kick some Oden ass, Tim.

Will Tim really play, or will he be in his pre-April/WGAF mode?

Oh, Gee!!
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play.

Brutalis
08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't expect anything more than 14/8/2 in Odens first game and that's still pretty solid.

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Oden will become a joke on his first night in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
08-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Oden has nothing to lose. Good first game for him, IMO.

MONTENEGRINO
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
10pts 11rebs 2blks with bad FG%. But I think that he will have pretty solid first year, but not will win ROY.
He will learn a lot from his first NBA game...

barbacoataco
08-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Is Duncan's mobility really that limited because of his knee surgery?

MONTENEGRINO
08-14-2007, 04:28 PM
No, I think, but it is noticable that Timmy had smaller rpg in last two seasons...

FromWayDowntown
08-14-2007, 04:32 PM
If Greg Oden has a bad first night, I don't think it will suggest anything about him other than that he's had one year of basketball beyond high school and was severely limited for a good portion of that year by injury. Oden's ability shouldn't be measured by one game or even his first season in the league. He's the centerpiece of a very, very young team that plays its games in a brutal conference; it might take a year or two for the Blazers to find the kind of consistency they'll need to win enough games to make the playoffs and advance through the playoffs. I suspect that within a few years, Oden will play a key role in achieving those goals and few (other than maybe fools like SpursDynasty) will question his ability.

I suspect, like Brutalis, that Oden will play pretty well, even if he's not statistically dominant. But we should remember that Duncan's first NBA game was a 15 point, 10 rebound, 2 assist, 2 block, 4 turnover effort. Pretty solid for any NBA player, but not off the charts good like David Robinson's 23-17-1-3 effort in his first game.

exstatic
08-14-2007, 06:44 PM
No, I think, but it is noticable that Timmy had smaller rpg in last two seasons...
His last three years have been the lowest minutes of his career. He's gone from 39-40 to 33-34. That'll tell on all of your numbers.

bendmz
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't believe Oden is out to prove anything this early. I'm hoping he will let the game come to him wheather it be game one or game 82.
Tim will be Tim, not fancy or overly assertive at the begining but pacing himself and his body for the final run at the end of the season...
REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.............................. :flag:

TDMVPDPOY
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
yeh duncan will bust a nutt in odens ass

ObiwanGinobili
08-14-2007, 10:25 PM
^^^
WTF?! dude.

jaffies
08-14-2007, 10:36 PM
yeh duncan will bust a nutt in odens ass

pause.

resistanze
08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
No Amaechi!

Sense
08-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Oden, as quoted in Patrick Cassidy's cover story in the new issue of DIME (http://www.dimemag.com/):
Everyone's been telling me that as a big man, no matter how much I prepare myself, you learn your toughest lesson when you go down to San Antonio. The other day [former NBA player and Blazers assistant coach] Monty Williams pulled me aside and told me: "That guy down there" -- meaning Tim Duncan -- "has had surgery on his left knee. He can only jump about this high [holds his fingers about an inch apart]. He won't say a word to you, and he will Bust. Your. A--."

Ahh... this has to be on my sig..

RC's Boss
08-15-2007, 02:12 AM
8 pts. 6 reb. 1blk. 4 goaltends and 6 fouls in 19 min.

Texas_Ranger
08-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Oden will be owned.

thekingrobert
08-15-2007, 04:47 AM
funny stuff

BALLZ & MY WORD
08-15-2007, 04:15 PM
RC who is that lookin' over the ledge in your SIG? Truly a thing of beauty!!!

Real Tomato Ketchup
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
"That guy down there" -- meaning Tim Duncan -- "has had surgery on his left knee. He can only jump about this high [holds his fingers about an inch apart]. He won't say a word to you, and he will Bust. Your. A--."

that.is.awesome!

spursfan09
08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't believe Oden is out to prove anything this early. I'm hoping he will let the game come to him wheather it be game one or game 82.
Tim will be Tim, not fancy or overly assertive at the begining but pacing himself and his body for the final run at the end of the season...
REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.............................. :flag:

I don't think Tim will be out to prove anything early. He will show up when it matters most in the playoffs. I think Oden will def. try to take to Tim when he gets the chance.

GSH
08-16-2007, 02:51 AM
If Greg Oden has a bad first night, I don't think it will suggest anything about him other than that he's had one year of basketball beyond high school and was severely limited for a good portion of that year by injury. Oden's ability shouldn't be measured by one game or even his first season in the league.

Bad first game, great first game, mediocre first game... doesn't matter. No more than being drafted No. 1 proves that he will be a franchise player. Duncan has been kicking ass for more than a decade, and this is the first year I remember any serious talk outside of San Antonio about him being the best PF ever. Talk about Oden's career after he has been in the league a few years. Until then, you're just looking at some individual games. And right now you're looking at some individual college games.

Hell, read his horoscope or some tea leaves.