PDA

View Full Version : What was the Biggest Story for the 2007 NBA playoffs?

LakeShow
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
What was the biggest story in the 2007 NBA Playoffs?

dickface
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
1. Amare/Diaw suspensions
2. Lebron's 48
3. Warriors beating Mavericks
4. Bulls sweep Heat
5. T-Mac still can't get out of 1st round

somewhere in the 6-10 area is "Spurs win championship"

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 03:20 PM
The Spurs championship is the only story that holds any long-term significance. The Phoenix ejections, and the Donaghy scandal aren't significant because the Spurs would have won the series anyway.

It was nice seeing Dallas get kicked out. LeBron's final 25 points in the Conf. Finals doesn't matter if he can't do that in the Finals. T-Mac not getting out of the first round doesn't surprise me. He was supposed to lose. Houston is a joke team.

da_suns_fan__
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't really consider the Donaghy suspensions a story of the playoffs.

1. Dallas upset
2. Diaw/Amare Suspensions
3. Kobe's trade demand
4. Lebron's game 5

The Spurs won the championship?!!!!

Pride
08-14-2007, 03:29 PM
This has to be Dallas vs Golden State. These kind of upsets happen every 10 or so years.

AFBlue
08-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Unlike SpursDynasty I'm not a blind-homer Spurs Fan.

While I think the public will remember "4 Championships in 9 years" or "5 in 10" <<fingers crossed>>.....I don't think you'll remember what specific years.

If I had to choose (and those are some REALLY good options to choose from), I'd say the GS/Mavericks upset. The Mavs were flat-out dominant during the regular season (with the record only deflated by resting late in the season) and GS just rode a HUGE emotional wave to a great victory.

I know I'll remember it!

BTW, good thread Lakeshow1.... :tu

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 04:36 PM

While I think the public will remember "4 Championships in 9 years" or "5 in 10" <<fingers crossed>>.....I don't think you'll remember what specific years.

If I had to choose (and those are some REALLY good options to choose from), I'd say the GS/Mavericks upset. The Mavs were flat-out dominant during the regular season (with the record only deflated by resting late in the season) and GS just rode a HUGE emotional wave to a great victory.

I know I'll remember it!

Their record was inflated by Eastern Conference dominance.

When you look at West teams who made the second round of the playoffs:
Golden State beat them (three times), Phoenix beat them (two times), Utah beat them(two times), San Antonio beat them(two times because of Crawford ejection) - Their Western Conf. record is the same as SA's (39-13 for SA if SA wins and 39-13 for Dallas if they lost) if Crawford doesn't toss Duncan in that last game.

Not dominant, 67 or not. In order to be dominant, you have to dominate both conferences, not just the East.

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 04:39 PM

I know I'll remember it!

GS rode two regular seasons of dominance over Dallas to a victory.

SRJ
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
The Suns getting ratings was, without a doubt, the biggest story of the entire news year 2007.

Book it. Even if there is a huge terrorist attack on London, Moscow, Bombay, Shanghai, Tokyo, Mexico City, and New York all on the exact same day, nothing is more important than the Phoenix Suns drawing television viewers.

Just contract the other 29 teams already.

AFBlue
08-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Their record was inflated by Eastern Conference dominance.

When you look at West teams who made the second round of the playoffs:
Golden State beat them (three times), Phoenix beat them (two times), Utah beat them(two times), San Antonio beat them(two times because of Crawford ejection) - Their Western Conf. record is the same as SA's (39-13 for SA if SA wins and 39-13 for Dallas if they lost) if Crawford doesn't toss Duncan in that last game.

Not dominant, 67 or not. In order to be dominant, you have to dominate both conferences, not just the East.

Skew it however you want, the general perception from mainstream NBA fan was that the Mavs were the most dominant team of the regular season. They had a couple streaks in the double digits and ended up with a 38-2 run at one point.

Again, I'm not talking about records against specific teams, but more about the general consensus from media and fans.

And on the GS thing....there are teams that own the Spurs in the reg season that get swept or dealt with handily in the playoffs....it's a different ballgame.

NOBODY picked Golden State to have a chance, let alone dominate the superior Mavs the way they did.

ALVAREZ6
08-14-2007, 08:24 PM
The ref scandal was more recent than the playoffs.

But there's no doubt that the Golden State over Dallas was the biggest story.

stevallica
08-14-2007, 08:31 PM
The ref thing didnt come out until after the playoffs.

Findog
08-14-2007, 08:33 PM
As a Mav fan, I wish it weren't so, but the Golden State thing was the biggest story.

LakeShow
08-14-2007, 09:44 PM
The ref scandal was more recent than the playoffs.

But there's no doubt that the Golden State over Dallas was the biggest story.

True, but one of the games in question was in the 2007 playoffs. That could very well be the biggest story of them all if proved to be true. I know a lot of Suns fans ready to call foul on 2007, if not already. Look at the king fans, they talk about 2002 as if it were yesterday. :dramaquee :smokin

Vinnie_Johnson
08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
GS over Dallas...

Roxsfan
08-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Avery vs. nellie