PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy advice

J.T.
08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
OK, I have been offered Peyton for Lee Evans and Clinton Portis in my fantasy league.

I don't mind losing Evans because I have Moss and Harrison at wideout, but trading Portis would make my best back Adrian Peterson. I might be able to get Edge James from another guy because his QB is Favre and he thinks Favre is going to have a bad year.

My QBs are Hasselbeck and Pennington.

Should I pull the trigger on the Manning deal and work on the RB situation thru FAs or trades, or just keep what I got?

I'm leaning towards getting James and then going after Manning.

T Park
08-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I would take that trade.

monosylab1k
08-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Do the trade, especially if those are your QB's. Portis is gonna miss half the season to injuries anyways.

samikeyp
08-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Do it.

J.T.
08-15-2007, 09:39 AM
OK, I took the deal. If I can move Hasselbeck or Pennington for a RB whos worth a damn, I'm going to own the shit out of my league. Probably going to do that anyway if Peterson has a season like Addai did last year but he kept getting hurt in college so it's a risk.

J.T.
08-15-2007, 12:17 PM
OK, the Hasselbeck for James trade was accepted so this is my team with one open spot left for me to fool around with FAs:

QB Peyton Manning
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Randy Moss
WR Michael Jenkins
RB Edgerrin James
RB Adrian Peterson
TE Benjamin Watson
K Stephen Gostkowski
(QB)BN Chad Pennington
(WR)BN Brandon Marshall
(RB)BN Chester Taylor
(TE)BN Eric Johnson
(K)BN Joe Nedney
DEF Miami

Playing in a yahoo free league because I'm broke and too jewish to pay for fantasy, so sorry if that looks different than what other league rosters say.

mardigan
08-15-2007, 12:21 PM
WHo are the decent running back fa's left in your pool? Any rookies like Brandon Jackson?
And you should really try and get a better 3rd reciever, dont know about Jenkins, especially with Harrington there.
Other than that, looks good, I like that you got both Minny running backs

J.T.
08-15-2007, 01:00 PM
The FA pool is pretty dried up in my league. I'm probably going to have to hack it with what I have, but I like my team a lot more now than I did post-draft. I think I cleaned up nicely with trades. That third wideout spot is a big question mark but I'm pretty good everywhere else so I'll just keep my eye on waivers.

J.T.
08-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Patrick Crayton looks like the best wideout left in FA in my league. What do all of you Cowboys fans think of him as far as fantasy value, will he get a lot of balls thrown to him, etc? His percentages look really good to me.