PDA

View Full Version : Best Venue For a Date

BigBeezie
08-14-2007, 08:55 PM
So long as it doesn't involve steak, my wife will usually like it. She enjoys seafood, tapas, eclectic, etc.

We have been on several "dates" so this isn't a first date. Money is not an object so give me your recommendations and tell me about your experience at the place you're recommending.

Thanks!
B.

Trainwreck2100
08-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Sorrentos on Broadway is good I hear.

BigBeezie
08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Sorrentos on Broadway is good I hear.

What kind of food is it?

Trainwreck2100
08-14-2007, 09:04 PM
What kind of food is it?

Italian

BigBeezie
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Italian

I see some good reviews on-line... I may have to try it. Thanks!

Trainwreck2100
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I see some good reviews on-line... I may have to try it. Thanks!

I do have to warn you though, I've never been on a date, I was just relaying what I heard.

BigBeezie
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I do have to warn you though, I've never been on a date, I was just relaying what I heard.

Word of mouth is better than the best on-line add you can buy. Some companies don't advertise simply because they want referrals.

2Blonde
08-14-2007, 10:37 PM
For a wonderful date night with your wife, I would recommend the Huisache Grill in downtown New Braunfels
Huisache Grille (http://www.huisache.com/)
It's near the downtown square and has a huge outdoor patio where you can sit and wait for your table. Out off of the patio are little shops you can go into if you like. They serve wines & beer but no hard liquor. The menu is quite varied and very tasty. it's listed in the link I gave you. We parked our car downtown and walked around looking at all the old buildings the found this restaurant behind one of them. The weather was glorious and it was such a romantic setting. :spin

It's pronounced "weesach"

scott
08-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I think Pasion is a great place for a date... tasty tapas and then when dinner is over the date can continue at the bar and if the mood strikes, some dancing.

2Blonde
08-14-2007, 11:12 PM
That's true.. I had forgotten about Pasion. We went there once. It was very nice and exotic

cornbread
08-15-2007, 12:12 AM
what are the Sorrentos prices like???

jaespur21
08-15-2007, 01:19 AM
i heard Michael Vick runs some good parties..... i think they have chip n dip there also, As long as u place ten dollar bets

BigBeezie
08-15-2007, 08:34 AM
For a wonderful date night with your wife, I would recommend the Huisache Grill in downtown New Braunfels
Huisache Grille (http://www.huisache.com/)
It's near the downtown square and has a huge outdoor patio where you can sit and wait for your table. Out off of the patio are little shops you can go into if you like. They serve wines & beer but no hard liquor. The menu is quite varied and very tasty. it's listed in the link I gave you. We parked our car downtown and walked around looking at all the old buildings the found this restaurant behind one of them. The weather was glorious and it was such a romantic setting. :spin

It's pronounced "weesach"

Sounds pretty good...

BigBeezie
08-15-2007, 08:35 AM
I think Pasion is a great place for a date... tasty tapas and then when dinner is over the date can continue at the bar and if the mood strikes, some dancing.

Pasion is pretty good. My wife and I ate there...and unfortunately someone gave her a bad recommendation and she didn't like it.

katyon6th
08-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Biga is my recommendation.

Soul_Patch
08-15-2007, 09:35 AM
There is a really good italian restaraunt on 1604 and Stoneoak...i cannot remember the name, but its where i took my wife on our first date. A bit pricey, but worth it imho...its next to the cigar bar.

MrChug
08-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Biga.

The restaurant at La Mansion on the riverwalk "Las Canarias" is very, very nice (clasical guitar player, ambience, black tie, etc) in the classical sense.

If French cuisine might be to your liking, my FAVORITE restaurant of all time is L'etoile on Broadway. Casual and not stuffy/snobby at all. Very welcoming staff, dress is casual, but fine food, extensive wine list, perfect service, and the desserts...damn. Honestly, if Thierry (awesome guy by the way) ever decides to close it, I'm gonna round up some investors and buy that place...it's too good. Give it a shot. Try the lamb racks...

Mark in Austin
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't know how good it is date-wise, but Le Reve was named one of the 5 best restaurants in the country by Gourmet magazine. I heard that it's been tough to get a table since the rankings came out. Anybody been there?

degenerate_gambler
08-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Not sure how many have been to The Lodge Restaurant in Castle Hills, but we went there for our anniversary and it was truly first class in every sense of the word.

http://www.thelodgerestaurant.com/

T-Pain
08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
i like the mexican restaurant on Delarosa, anyone know the name to it? i forgot...

PM5K
08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
The ladies really seem to enjoy the backseat of my car....

BigBeezie
08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't know how good it is date-wise, but Le Reve was named one of the 5 best restaurants in the country by Gourmet magazine. I heard that it's been tough to get a table since the rankings came out. Anybody been there?

I've tried to get reservations at La Reve twice....no dice.

I really like Frederick's in Alamo Heights. We ate there so often the waiter gave us a wedding gift. Needless to say....my wife got tired of ordering the same food all of the time.

BigBeezie
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
There is a really good italian restaraunt on 1604 and Stoneoak...i cannot remember the name, but its where i took my wife on our first date. A bit pricey, but worth it imho...its next to the cigar bar.

Oh, I know which one you're talking about! It's Regiano's and we like that place too. Been there...done that!

BigBeezie
08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Not sure how many have been to The Lodge Restaurant in Castle Hills, but we went there for our anniversary and it was truly first class in every sense of the word.

http://www.thelodgerestaurant.com/

Yes, we just ate there and really like it. We didn't have much wine....the bill was still $240 with tip. We plan on going back soon.

I went to Ruth Chris and drank a lot and ate a lot with my wife.....the bill came out to $370 with tip. Crazy!

BigBeezie
08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
The ladies really seem to enjoy the backseat of my car....

What do they eat, vienna sausage? :lol

FromWayDowntown
08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
It's hard to beat Biga (I think). The Lodge is great as well. If you're looking for something a bit more casual -- and more wine-oriented, the owner of the Lodge has a secondary place called Bin 555 on Bitters in Artisan's Alley. It's basically a tapas-type service with an assortment of smaller dishes and a pretty good wine selection for a restaurant. I think Bin also has great desserts, too.

ggoose25
08-15-2007, 04:01 PM
i like the mexican restaurant on Delarosa, anyone know the name to it? i forgot...

El Mirador?

BigBeezie
08-15-2007, 04:04 PM
It's hard to beat Biga (I think). The Lodge is great as well. If you're looking for something a bit more casual -- and more wine-oriented, the owner of the Lodge has a secondary place called Bin 555 on Bitters in Artisan's Alley. It's basically a tapas-type service with an assortment of smaller dishes and a pretty good wine selection for a restaurant. I think Bin also has great desserts, too.

We just ate at Bin 555 Saturday. It was good....very good. We love that style of menu.