PDA

View Full Version : I just drafted this team....

Horry For 3!
08-14-2007, 09:47 PM
QB Tony Romo
WR Chad Johnson
WR Steve Smith
RB Steven Jackson
RB Adrian Peterson
TE Zach Miller
W/T Javon Walker
W/R Reggie Wayne
K Matt Stover
DEF Seattle
D DeMarcus Ware
D Adalius Thomas
D Aaron Kampman
(QB)BN Jon Kitna
(RB)BN Jerious Norwood
(RB)BN Fred Taylor
(RB)BN Leon Washington
(WR)BN Joey Galloway
(WR)BN Matt Jones
(D)BN Patrick Willis

That is sick :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
08-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Not bad.

Horry For 3!
08-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Not bad.
I have like the top WRs.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Just a bit weak at QB but Romo could have a good year.

ABDENOUR POWER
08-14-2007, 11:35 PM
You're absolutely loaded at WR, but I'd be concerned about your RB position. Behind Jackson theres not much.

Sense
08-14-2007, 11:59 PM
gratz?

Horry For 3!
08-15-2007, 12:02 AM
You're absolutely loaded at WR, but I'd be concerned about your RB position. Behind Jackson theres not much.
I won't need much production out of my other RB with being loaded at WR.

Horry For 3!
08-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Just a bit weak at QB but Romo could have a good year.
Romo is gonna have a big year. Cowboys could very easily be the highest scoring team in the NFL this year. Plus I have Kitna as my back-up and he'll do well in Martz offense. He did good last year and this year they have Calvin Johnson to add to the offense.

Squid
08-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Romo is gonna have a big year. Cowboys could very easily be the highest scoring team in the NFL this year. Plus I have Kitna as my back-up and he'll do well in Martz offense. He did good last year and this year they have Calvin Johnson to add to the offense.

Kitna throws a lot of interceptions every year. And your assessment of Romo is homer talk. Thinking the Cowboys will be higher scoring than the Chargers, Saints, Colts and Pats is just ridiculous. But in all you have a nice team.

peewee's lovechild
08-15-2007, 10:24 AM
If Stephen Jackson gets hurt, you're screwed. All your other running backs are questionable.

The Seattle Defense is also iffy.

Squid
08-15-2007, 10:34 AM
You don't understand. Horry For 3 is the best at everything. He can hit 100mph fastballs out of the park and drain 80 out of 100 NBA distance threes blindfolded. He also runs a 3.2 40 and benches 875 lbs 18 times. So never question his Fantasy Football team. Never.

rascal
08-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Who did you draft with,12 year olds?
How could the league let all those good wr drop?

I've drafted more than 15 teams and no way any of my leagues let those wrs fall that far into the draft.

Wayne, C Johnson, S Smith, and Walker are all gone by the end of the 4'th round in most leagues.

Fillmoe_
08-15-2007, 12:00 PM
p willy

mardigan
08-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Kitna throws a lot of interceptions every year. And your assessment of Romo is homer talk. Thinking the Cowboys will be higher scoring than the Chargers, Saints, Colts and Pats is just ridiculous. But in all you have a nice team.
boys scored more last year than the Saints and Pats, and were a field goal behind the teams tied for 2nd, Colts and bears, and they did that without the defense the Chargers and the Bears had, so its not un-realistic to think they couldnt put up more points this year with Romo playing the whole year, a kicker who isnt horrible, a better offensive line, and a new offensive game plan.

Horry For 3!
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I am not the only person saying that Romo will have a big year :lol

FromWayDowntown
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
You don't understand. Horry For 3 is the best at everything. He can hit 100mph fastballs out of the park and drain 80 out of 100 NBA distance threes blindfolded. He also runs a 3.2 40 and benches 875 lbs 18 times. So never question his Fantasy Football team. Never.

:lol

So true.

mardigan
08-15-2007, 04:06 PM
This is the team I just drafted

QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
RB Travis Henry, Den RB
RB Willis McGahee, Bal RB
RB/WR Marshawn Lynch, Buf RB
WR Torry Holt, StL WR
WR Javon Walker, Den WR
TE Todd Heap, Bal TE
D/ST Cowboys
K Robbie Gould, Chi K

Bench
Santana Moss, Was WR
Chris Cooley, Was TE
Matt Jones, Jac WR
Jay Cutler, Den QB
Oak Raiders D/ST
Greg Olsen, Chi TE
Drew Bennett, StL WR

DNS Error
08-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Ben better have a good year for that team to work. WRs are good, and Travis Henry better look the same in the regular season as the pre.

i say Javon Walker goes apeshit on the league in mem. of Darrent..

kskonn
08-15-2007, 10:36 PM
boys scored more last year than the Saints and Pats, and were a field goal behind the teams tied for 2nd, Colts and bears, and they did that without the defense the Chargers and the Bears had, so its not un-realistic to think they couldnt put up more points this year with Romo playing the whole year, a kicker who isnt horrible, a better offensive line, and a new offensive game plan.

facts are an incredible thing!!

Horry For 3!
08-16-2007, 02:36 AM
This is the team I just drafted

QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
RB Travis Henry, Den RB
RB Willis McGahee, Bal RB
RB/WR Marshawn Lynch, Buf RB
WR Torry Holt, StL WR
WR Javon Walker, Den WR
TE Todd Heap, Bal TE
D/ST Cowboys
K Robbie Gould, Chi K

Bench
Santana Moss, Was WR
Chris Cooley, Was TE
Matt Jones, Jac WR
Jay Cutler, Den QB
Oak Raiders D/ST
Greg Olsen, Chi TE
Drew Bennett, StL WR
Pretty good. I like the Matt Jones & Greg Olsen picks as I am sure you got them late like I did in drafts. I am not sure what Bennett will do.

Horry For 3!
08-16-2007, 02:38 AM
If Stephen Jackson gets hurt, you're screwed. All your other running backs are questionable.

The Seattle Defense is also iffy.
Maybe a little but Peterson if healthy will put up good numbers. Norwood will get a lot of carries as I don't think Dunn will stay healthy. Also, if Thomas Jones goes down then Washington will get a lot of run. Taylor will be about how he was last year.

Seattle DEF was solid last year and they added Patrick Kerney, who is a beast. Plus Tapp is about to go off.

mardigan
08-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Pretty good. I like the Matt Jones & Greg Olsen picks as I am sure you got them late like I did in drafts. I am not sure what Bennett will do.
I only got Bennet because Bruce is old and in case anything happens to Torry.
Wish I could have gotten Mike Bell as well

Thunder Dan
08-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I would have taken Kitna as my first QB. Most experts have him passing for 4500+ yards in Marx's system of pass only offense. Plus the Lions defense sucks, so Kitna will have the ball in his hands alot.

macdude06
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
my keeper league at work

Qb macnabb
romo

Rb westbrook
adaii
travis henry
peterson
wr wayne
fitzgerald
R. Williams
D. Stallworth
Te Cooley
T. Scheffler
K S. Graham
Def Baltimore
Denver

Vinnie_Johnson
08-16-2007, 11:32 PM
my keeper league at work

Qb macnabb
romo

Rb westbrook
adaii
travis henry
peterson
wr wayne
fitzgerald
R. Williams
D. Stallworth
Te Cooley
T. Scheffler
K S. Graham
Def Baltimore
Denver

I hope you didn't keep Mc Scabb :lol

Horry For 3!
08-17-2007, 03:36 AM
my keeper league at work

Qb macnabb
romo

Rb westbrook
adaii
travis henry
peterson
wr wayne
fitzgerald
R. Williams
D. Stallworth
Te Cooley
T. Scheffler
K S. Graham
Def Baltimore
Denver
Nice. Your starting line-up should be...

QB Romo
WR Wayne
WR Fitzgerald
WR Williams
RB Addai
RB Henry
TE Cooley
K Graham
DEF Baltimore

Horry For 3!
08-17-2007, 03:38 AM
I only got Bennet because Bruce is old and in case anything happens to Torry.
Wish I could have gotten Mike Bell as well
I have Bennett in my keeper league. I thought he would do well with the Titans but it pretty much seems that one year was a fluke. I hope he does at least something with the Rams. They have a high powered offense, so it is possible. He wouldn't be in my starting line-up though. Right now my starting 3 WR are Burress, Moss, Edwards.

macdude06
08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Nice. Your starting line-up should be...

QB Romo
WR Wayne
WR Fitzgerald
WR Williams
RB Addai
RB Henry
TE Cooley
K Graham
DEF Baltimore

i can only start 2 wide recievers....and i gotta think about henry or westbrook...i gotta play the matchups

samikeyp
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
The first of my three teams:

QB Drew Brees
QB Marc Bulger
RB Thomas Jones
RB Jamal Lewis
RB Warrick Dunn
WR Torry Holt
WR Javon Walker
WR Jerricho Cotchery
TE Vernon Davis
TE Benjamin Watson
W/R Fred Taylor
W/R Marty Booker
K Neil Rackers
DEF Pittsburgh
DEF Seattle

Rynospursfan
08-17-2007, 04:35 PM

QB Drew Brees
QB Marc Bulger
RB Thomas Jones
RB Jamal Lewis
RB Warrick Dunn
WR Torry Holt
WR Javon Walker
WR Jerricho Cotchery
TE Vernon Davis
TE Benjamin Watson
W/R Fred Taylor
W/R Marty Booker
K Neil Rackers
DEF Pittsburgh
DEF Seattle

I would be a little worried about the durability of your backs. Your QBs are especially solid though. I might consider trading one of them along with a RB for a lesser qb and a better running back. How many teams in your league?

Here is the team I ended up with. We have a 16 team keeper league and do a auction type draft:

Losman, J.P. QB BUF
Peterson, Adrian RB MIN
Portis, Clinton RB WAS
Chambers, Chris WR MIA
Johnson, Calvin WR
Stallworth, Donte' WR NE
Graham, Daniel TE DEN
Graham, Shayne K CIN
Seahawks, DST DST SEA
Carr, David QB CAR
Huard, Damon QB KC
Bush, Michael RB OAK
Washington, Leon RB NYJ
Glenn, Terry WR DAL
Smith, Rod WR DEN
Taylor, Travis WR OAK
Wilson, Cedrick WR PIT
Smith, Alex TE TB
Huston, Josh K NYG
Rams, DST

I am a bit concerned about my qb situation. Hopefully Losman can stay healthy and/or Carr and Huard will actually get to play. My backup Kicker also looks like he might not start for his team but I am reluctant to pay $5 just to get a FA kicker for just the bye week.

samikeyp
08-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I would be a little worried about the durability of your backs. Your QBs are especially solid though. I might consider trading one of them along with a RB for a lesser qb and a better running back. How many teams in your league?

I am definetly considering trading for RB help...We have 10 teams.

rascal
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM

QB Drew Brees
QB Marc Bulger
RB Thomas Jones
RB Jamal Lewis
RB Warrick Dunn
WR Torry Holt
WR Javon Walker
WR Jerricho Cotchery
TE Vernon Davis
TE Benjamin Watson
W/R Fred Taylor
W/R Marty Booker
K Neil Rackers
DEF Pittsburgh
DEF Seattle

That is not a good team for a ten team league. You don't have a first round draft pick type player on your team.

samikeyp
08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Picking last in a keeper league didn't help either. My keepers were Holt and Bulger who led me to winning the league last year. I had weak RB's last year too. That is why God invented trades. :)

TheTruth
08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
That is not a good team for a ten team league. You don't have a first round draft pick type player on your team.
That is a team that can be fixed.

samikeyp
08-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Exactly....very few people stand pat with their team the entire year.