PDA

View Full Version : Mic/Soundcard issue

TxJudsonRocketTx
08-15-2007, 12:35 PM
I've been playing a lot of Counter-Strike Source lately and decided to pull my headset out and do a little bullshitting with a few of my friends from SA the other night, I plugged my mic in and of course no sound comes out but the headphones work fine. I figured it's because the headset it a few years old and probably needs to be replaced, before I went out and got a new one though I plugged it into another computer in my house and the mic works fine on there. I've gone through every setting there is in my soundcard and control panel on my computer and I haven't found anything that works so far. I've plugged the mic into the soundcard from the back, into my volume control dial that has a headphone and mic jack, and into the top of my computer case which also has headphone and mic inputs. I really feel like punching the shit out of my computer right now, so if anyone has had a similar problem feel free to help

dougp
08-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Did you make sure to take the mic off of mute in the sound properties? And you might need to raise the volume.

TxJudsonRocketTx
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Did you make sure to take the mic off of mute in the sound properties? And you might need to raise the volume.

Tried it :depressed
I think it has to be more than the settings, because I've seriously gone through each and every one of them and tried to fix it