PDA

View Full Version : Now if only Lakers lose = Perfect night

Rummpd
12-11-2004, 11:13 PM
This could be a rare sextuple of a night:

Detroit embarrassed = check
Wolves deeply embarrassed = check
Cavs deeply embarrassed = check
Houston doesn't get needed momentum off of what I believe was a fluke win = check (too bad both them and dallas could not lose = dallas now earns a small d in front of name for some periodic defensive efforts (but still not against Spurs, Detroit, etc.)
Spurs were the ones who thumped Cavs and Duncan, Parker, Beno, Bowen and even friggin Rasho on rolls. At 17 - 5 off to still an awesome start even with Barry struggling. Amazing.

Last I looked Lakers losing - either way = very good night to sleep as a Spurs fan.

Perhaps, Malone retirement if it lasts is all in all a 7th reason - would always wonder if this crew could have done it without him convincingly and after tonight on a bounceback blowout of a dangerous team = CHECK!

MadDoc :hat :smokin Going to Bed hard to sleep last 48 hours.

baseline bum
12-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Kobe's getting booed in Staples everytime he touches the ball.

smeagol
12-12-2004, 12:00 AM
I would also want to see Seatle loose, which looks like it will happen (fingers crossed)

missmyzte
12-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Lakers won :)

T Park
12-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Shit.

Kobe the garbage pile wins.

What a shame.

A piece of shit like him doesnt deserve anything at all.

Rummpd
12-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Well we still got a six pack (THANKS CELTICS) and Lakers showed once again they are an average team playing really a home game and only winning by two vs. Clippers.

MadDoc

boutons
12-12-2004, 08:33 AM
and BOS won @SEA.

Allen/Lewis/Ridnour went 13-50 from the floor, and 2-18 on 3's. Team FT% was also down 10 %age pts.

Only 5 3's (vs avg of 9), so Sonics lose, while weak defense allows 98.

Fortson fouled out in 24 minutes, shot 66% FTs. At only a 6'8" and a lard-butt non-jumper, Fortson's rebounding effectivess is primarily being in position (which anybody can do, but too few actually do it).

Kaster
12-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Rummpd proving once again that the Lakers occupy his mind far too much. I can't even remember the last time a Spurs thread was started at the local Laker boards.

foodie2
12-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Video: Full Last Minute of Spurs vs Rockets (T-Mac goes off) (Goto page 1, 2, 3) 41 BigAssLakerFan 1689 Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:50 PM
by NoHarmNoFoul

From Lakersground, thread started Friday, last comment Saturday at 12:50 PM. You must have a short memory.

Rummpd
12-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Kaster and LakerFan et. al.

What the heck you doing on a Spurs forum? Of course Lakers occupy Spurs = only real rivarly in NBA 5/6 titles between them.

Absurd to discount any team with Kobe but fun to watch them struggle against their new cross town rivarly!

Follow the Spurs but also dream about Clippers beating out Lakers from playoffs and still could well happen!

MadDoc

MosesGuthrie
12-12-2004, 10:48 AM
I don't want the Lakers in the lottery. Stern would probably mess with the ping pong balls and give them the #1 pick.

picnroll
12-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Rummpd proving once again that the Lakers occupy his mind far too much. I can't even remember the last time a Spurs thread was started at the local Laker boards.
Totally agree Kaster. Spurs fans should be focusing on contenders ignoring the schedule fillers.

ALVAREZ6
12-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Shit.

Kobe the garbage pile wins.

What a shame.

A piece of shit like him doesnt deserve anything at all.

Agreed.

Kaster
12-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Rummpd, I don't know why you're dissing the Clippers, they're obviously a much improved team this year and there's no shame in being about as good as they have been, up to this point in the season. But I'm sure you understand that. And I actually post about as much as I do here on a Kings board too. I post on boards that get traffic, which is this board, KingsFan, and sometimes clutchcity.

That said, you should stop thinking about the Lakers.

From Lakersground, thread started Friday, last comment Saturday at 12:50 PM. You must have a short memory.

Yeah, and guess what, it was about McGrady. :lol

baseline bum
12-13-2004, 02:57 AM
Honestly man, I miss the Lakers. I miss the loudmouth assholes who talked shit to me for sporting Spurs gear because they thought their team a lock for the title. I miss having random people yell insults from their cars when they see me sporting my #50 jersey. I miss hearing about how bad their D is on the pick and roll and about how Phil Jackson is the greatest coach ever while he's simultaneously the biggest prick ever for neutering Kobe's offensive game with the triangle... but most of all, I miss the Spurs having a rival I truly hate. I have all the respect in the world for the T-Wolves, but I can never see myself hating them like the Lakers. Garnett has been one of my 5 favorite players in the league since his awesome showing in the first round back in 99. I'm a huge Spree guy, and I can't hate on ET. I don't hate Dallas the same since Cuban has mellowed. Yao is unhateable because he's just not that good. It's hard to really dislike the Kings because they were never that good to begin with (Kobe's food /alochol / whatever poisoning is the only thing that saved them in 2002). Phoenix and Seattle are too new, I like the Clippers, and really, I enjoy watching the Lakers too because I'm a huge Odom fan and Kobe has really stepped up his D this year (I think he plays by far the best transition D in the league this year).

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-13-2004, 03:54 AM
What's wrong with you man? I already hate the Sonics with a passion, it only took two games to get there.

T Park
12-13-2004, 05:08 AM
I could never root for a team, that has the caliber of person that Kobe is, on it.

violentkitten
12-13-2004, 09:15 AM
ever hear of cadillac anderson, tpark? willie anderson, vernon maxwell, alvin robertson, etc...?

Useruser666
12-13-2004, 09:18 AM
ever hear of cadillac anderson, tpark? willie anderson, vernon maxwell, alvin robertson, etc...?

I'm glad we didn't build our franchise around those guys.