PDA

View Full Version : SC RB to xfer

MajorMike
08-16-2007, 09:52 AM
August 15, 2007
Moody Out
Sophomore tailback Emmanuel Moody transferred Wednesday night, possibly to Oklahoma State.
He is the first tailback to leave after much speculation that someone would depart because of the number of tailbacks on the roster.
Moody was unhappy with his role in training camp, where the experienced backs received few reps the first week.

Sources: Emmanuel Moody to transfer
USC sophomore running back Emmanuel Moody did not show up for Wednesday's practice or evening team meeting and is expected to leave the program, according to several sources, the Los Angeles Times reports.
He suffered a knee bruise during Sunday's scrimmage and did not practice Monday or Tuesday. Moody said last week that he felt "forgotten" and mentioned yesterday that he was "going to fill out paperwork."
Moody carried 79 times for 459 yards (5.8 average) and scored two touchdowns last season.

Tailback Moody to transfer
The sophomore from Texas was the Trojans' second-leading rusher last season. But he said last week he felt 'forgotten' because of a number of injuries.
By Gary Klein
August 16, 2007

Tailback Emmanuel Moody, USC's second-leading rusher last season, will transfer to another school, several sources said Wednesday.

Moody is one of three USC tailbacks who appear on the regional cover of Sports Illustrated's college football preview edition. But amid continuing speculation that a 10-deep position group would cause one or more tailbacks to transfer, the sophomore from Texas was a no-show at practice and at evening team meetings.

Coach Pete Carroll declined to comment.

Moody could not be reached for comment, but he said last week that he "felt forgotten" coming into training camp because of an ankle injury that forced him to sit out the Trojans' last four games and a hamstring injury that caused him to sit out nearly all of spring practice.

Moody had looked good in the first week, but he suffered a knee bruise in Sunday's scrimmage at the Coliseum and did not practice Monday or Tuesday.

Moody did not attend Wednesday morning's walkthrough. Afterward, when most players retire to the dorms to nap, Moody walked the campus talking on his cellphone.

After the Trojans began practice, Moody walked toward the dorm in a T-shirt and shorts. Asked if he was off to see a doctor, Moody said he was going to fill out paperwork and would have more tests on his knee.

MajorMike
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
The Internet has been going wild today with rumors of USC sophomore running back Emmanuel Moody and his possible transfer from Southern California to Oklahoma State. The truth is this scenario, while it could move fast, is in its infant stages. The 6-1, 205-pound Moody was the second leading rusher for the Trojans as a freshman last season with 459 yards (5.8 yards per carry) and 2 touchdowns.

He is currently featured on the West Coast regional edition of Sports Illustrated's College Football Preview issue. This weekend Moody suffered a bruised knee in the first scrimmage of camp at USC and Wednesday missed a walk-through, practice, and meetings. It has been confirmed that Moody has filed the necessary paper work for a transfer, but before any schools can contact him, USC must release him.

According to a report from a Southern California Web site, Moody has communicated his wishes to USC head coach Pete Carroll.

Carroll said, "It wasn't a snap decision at all. Yesterday afternoon we visited about it. He's of the mind he needs to move on."

When questioned on the reason for Emmanuel Moody's departure Carroll explained, "He's looking for an opportunity where he might be the only guy at a spot and really be a featured guy."

Now USC could release him and start the process, or they could give him a partial release limiting his destinations, or they could not release him. The third option would cause Moody to have to seek out his own future school and even pay his own tuition for a year. Regardless, Moody is subject to the transfer rules and having to sit out a year of competition before being eligible at any other school. Moody has a redshirt year to use that would preserve his remaining three years of eligibility.

If he does leave USC, Oklahoma State could be attractive as it is close to his Coppell, Texas, home, and one of his friends, Allen Oh, is a transfer defensive tackle from Missouri Southern currently playing at Oklahoma State

Cant_Be_Faded
08-16-2007, 07:04 PM
JGW is removing the bat of jizzum he planned on dunking over his head when this guy scored his first touchdown of the year against an overrated conference opponent.

johngateswhiteley
08-17-2007, 09:54 PM
enjoy our leftovers...maybe you haven't heard of Tyler, McKnight, Dennis, Washington, Reed, and Gable? dude wasn't going to play...either ride the bench at SC or sit out a year transferring.

...but hey, good for OSU, he is a very good back. maybe the cowtoys will only lose to A&M by 15 instead of 25 next year.

MajorMike
08-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I'm sure dude wasn't going to play much at all. Esp since he was their #2 ground gainer last year as a frosh and had the highest ypc on the entire team. No place for a guy like that.

johngateswhiteley
08-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I'm sure dude wasn't going to play much at all. Esp since he was their #2 ground gainer last year as a frosh and had the highest ypc on the entire team. No place for a guy like that.

you really are dumb aren't you? Moody isn't leaving the #1 team in the country if he was going to play. Gable, Reed, and Washington are going to get the majority of the playing time and if necessary some of the youngsters. Moody did fine last year when we were hurting at tailback do to the loss of Bush and White along with previous injuries.

hows retarded working out for you?

Holmes_Fans
08-18-2007, 10:27 AM
He is twisting it to make it sound like he really wants to go to OSU instead of USC. When really he doesn't want to go to USC because he won't get alot of PT, so he will go to OSU where it's alot easier.

MajorMike
08-18-2007, 07:01 PM
you really are dumb aren't you? Moody isn't leaving the #1 team in the country if he was going to play. Gable, Reed, and Washington are going to get the majority of the playing time and if necessary some of the youngsters. Moody did fine last year when we were hurting at tailback do to the loss of Bush and White along with previous injuries.

hows retarded working out for you?

Yeah. That's why I'm the laffing stock of the college board and not you. Oh wait...

Cant_Be_Faded
08-18-2007, 08:57 PM
ROFL JGW you would spin coach carroll getting nuked on into a positive for trojans

roflroflrofl

ROFL!!

Just wait until Stephen McGee blows his knee out from the 40 pounds of muscle he added in 2 months. He'll spin it into a positive for A&M as well.

MajorMike
08-19-2007, 08:59 AM
The Sporting News named him Pac-10 offensive freshmen of the year.

Yeah, no place for him.

And he hasn't actually said he was going to OSU anyway. That was just in SC's report. If you believe Rivals he is going to Florida.

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2007, 03:19 AM
Yeah, no place for him.

not on the current SC team....no. why do you act like a child?

MajorMike
08-23-2007, 08:03 AM
http://www.castironcookware.com/lodge-country-kettle.jpg

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2007, 08:07 AM
http://www.castironcookware.com/lodge-country-kettle.jpg

lol. how's retarded working out for you?

MajorMike
08-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Can't complain.

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Can't complain.

at least you're honest...i like that.

Vito Corleone
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Word is he is looking to transfer to OSU, Texas, Florida or North Carolina. My guess is he will be chosing between OSU and UNC, but you never know.

MajorMike
08-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I know he went to UNC 1st. From what I heard momma really liked them. Might not help that the #1 athlete in Oklahoma just had a big press conf on Tues to committ to OSU because they wanted him as a RB while others wanted him to play safety.

Vito Corleone
08-24-2007, 12:08 AM
My money is on OSU, I could see UNC but no way he gets a sniff from Texas or Florida.

MajorMike
08-24-2007, 08:12 AM
This is sort of turning into a Jai Lucas deal. Dude was originally all about OSU and then some of the bigger boys jumped on the train late and stole our thunder. I am still hearing UNC is the lead, and he has also been to Florida. He is supposed to be in Stillwater today. I have also heard UT says they don't have a spot of him.

Vito Corleone
08-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm hoping UT wants nothing to do with him. I can understand him leaving USC they have so damn many quality runningbacks someone had to leave, I expect to see more leave as well. But Texas and Florida are in the same boat, why come to another program that gives you the same problem. The real issue with him is his uncle, why is that guy always in the media talking for the kid? His envolvement reminds me too much of Mitch Mustang and Bomar, those guys become a cancer in the lockerroom.

Moody needs to take himself to a smaller program where he can be the man, that is the only way he is going to be happy.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-25-2007, 12:31 AM
UT needs to worry about recruiting durable linemen and linebackers or they are fucked and set back to 1990 after this season.

Vito Corleone
08-25-2007, 01:26 AM
UT needs to worry about recruiting durable linemen and linebackers or they are fucked and set back to 1990 after this season.

???

Durable linemen?
Durable Linebackers?

I could understand if you said recievers or even Colt, but outside of Dockery how many linemen have been hurt over the last 4 year? Same with linebacker?

Our line is still the strongest and most consistant part of our offense

Holmes_Fans
08-25-2007, 06:24 PM
No matter how tough someone is you can't prevent broken bones either

scott
08-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Moody goes to Florida, ensuring he won't be overshadowed by DeMarco Murray as the Big 12's best back.

Bandwagon Bill
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Why did the dumbass go to Florida? He should have gone to a lesser football school to actually contribute.

BeerIsGood!
08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Regarding UT's LB - that is the one position in football that the state of Texas HS pool does not produce elite players. Derrick Johnson of UT is the only elite, NFL 1st or 2nd RD LB to come out of Texas in a while. That's why LB is continuously UT's weakest position. They need to raid Florida or California for some LB in the future.

Holt's Cat
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
It's shocking that he turned down the opportunity to enroll at the greatest university in the Western Hemisphere.

MajorMike
08-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Moody goes to Florida, ensuring he won't be overshadowed by DeMarco Murray as the Big 12's best back.

Bwaahahaha!!!!!

:lmao