PDA

View Full Version : SI.com: All Current Team- Ian Thomsen (Of Course Duncan's On It)

duncan228
08-16-2007, 12:34 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dreamteams/08/14/nba.current/index.html

My All-Current Team
KG earns nod in frontcourt alongside LeBron, Duncan

By Ian Thomsen

The NBA is on the verge of a promising new era, with the decade-long investment in teenage draft picks paying off in conjunction with up-tempo play. This team represents a mixture of old-school fundamentals (as embodied by Tim Duncan), combined with the athleticism of LeBron James and Amaré Stoudemire. Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Manu Ginobili have enriched the league with their unique approaches to basketball, while Shaquille O'Neal and Jason Kidd remain among the best in the world as they approach retirement. The real dream would be if the nine Americans on this team could put on USA Basketball uniforms for the Olympics next summer.

FRONTCOURT

SF | LeBron James | Cleveland Cavaliers
The best small forward since Larry Bird, he drove the Cavaliers to the NBA Finals years ahead of schedule. His numbers last season -- 27.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 6.0 assists -- were MVP-worthy.

PF | Kevin Garnett | Boston Celtics
Dirk Nowitzki was my choice for MVP last season based on his leadership of the league's best team, but with Duncan shifting to the pivot, there's no better power forward in the game than KG. Garnett produced 22.4 points, 12.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 1.7 blocks last season.

C | Tim Duncan | San Antonio Spurs
He'll go down as the best power forward in history, but Duncan is predominantly a center now -- which makes him the best center in basketball.

BACKCOURT

PG | Steve Nash | Phoenix Suns
The best thing that ever happened to him was being spurned by the Mavericks. If he hadn't come to Phoenix, Nash may never have become the league's finest point guard.

SG | Kobe Bryant | Los Angeles Lakers
The league's most talented star feels his championship clock ticking away. There's no doubt he's good enough to drive the right group of teammates to another title.

COACH

Coach | Gregg Popovich | San Antonio Spurs
No coach has a better understanding of his players or how to use the regular season to prepare for the playoffs. Notice that you scarcely hear whispers from San Antonio that the Spurs are tiring of Popovich? That's the rarest quality among NBA coaches.

RESERVES
POSITION PLAYER
C Shaquille O'Neal, Amaré Stoudemire
F Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili
G Dwyane Wade, Jason Kidd, Gilbert Arenas

lebomb
08-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Duncan is NOT a center......he didnt even play that position at all this year.

Sense
08-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Manu a F and Duncan a C?

.... Uhh...

duncan228
08-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I thought this would open up some heated discussion!

In the "All Time Team" list he has Duncan as a PF.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76062

saporvida
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
manu at forward.... hahaha. now that shit's hilarious!

Supergirl
08-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Duncan is not a C...and Manu is not a F.

boutons_
08-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Pop has been as important to the 10 years of Spurs success as Tim. Glad to see him get credit as a leader of men and decent human being who gets the unbegrudging respect and complete buy-in of the players because he earns the respect and makes the players winners.

Tim and Pop, an amazing synergy, right up up there with Red and Bill. Savor it while it lasts. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/hungry.gif

Hemotivo
08-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Where's Tony in that list?

Ignignokt
08-18-2007, 01:35 PM
where's hakeem?

Hüseyin Ilkin
08-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Manu F,Duncan C.Eheh..
Manu,No.2 player in the game,Argentina,İtalian Team and Spurs,he always Sg position and improve this position..
Duncan doesn't play C,so he doesn't play C,and he plays PF..

Pop is the very important for us,he is improve this team.
Tim Duncan-Robinson-Pop-Parker-Manu-IceMan is the most person this team,so we are lucky have got them person..

Hemotivo
08-18-2007, 03:35 PM
where's hakeem?
All Current Team

MannyIsGod
08-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Dude, as much as Dirk has choked he's still way fucking better than garnet. And Carmelo deserves some mention too. Eh, bullshit frontcourt if you ask me.

E20
08-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Take Manu off that list.

duncan228
08-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Where's Tony in that list?

Parker's on the All Future Team.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76065

Hemotivo
08-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Parker's on the All Future Team.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76065

'Think how good he'll be at 30.'

Parker was MVP of the Finals!!!

Josepatches
08-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Who cares? He was MVP of the Finals because we played against a team that we defeat easily so we didn't play at 100%,maybe below than 75%.He is not the best player of the team by far.MVP finals didn't mean that you are the best of the world.I'll give more credit to the MVP finals of Chancey Billups in 2004 against Shaq-Kobe's lakers and nobody believe that he was the best player of the NBA .
TP is one of the top5 PG of the NBA but
Today Parker is not the best PG of the league.

And it's about All Current team so could he be in the bench? Well, maybe or maybe not but it's not a big mistake.It's not like Duncan,Nowitzki,Bryant,Nash,LeBron or Wade.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Who cares? He was MVP of the Finals because we played against a team that we defeat easily so we didn't play at 100%,maybe below than 75%.He is not the best player of the team by far.MVP finals didn't mean that you are the best of the world.I'll give more credit to the MVP finals of Chancey Billups in 2004 against Shaq-Kobe's lakers and nobody believe that he was the best player of the NBA .
TP is one of the top5 PG of the NBA but
Today Parker is not the best PG of the league.

And it's about All Current team so could he be in the bench? Well, maybe or maybe not but it's not a big mistake.It's not like Duncan,Nowitzki,Bryant,Nash,LeBron or Wade.

Yeah, but he is the fastest, and more than likely has the highest points in the paint percentage of any point guard since, well, I'm not sure. I would take Parker over Kidd, right now, game in and out. I can't wait to start seeing Parker nailing 3's this year.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I would take Tony over Dwane Wade too. Wade maybe talented, but Tony's simply a stud.