PDA

View Full Version : Here Are A Couple Of Remakes For Ya

The Red Hood
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Variety August 16, 2007

Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, Godzilla) will direct a remake of the 1966 sci-fi film Fantastic Voyage for 20th Century Fox. National Treasure screenwriters Marianne and Cormac Wibberley are in talks to pen the script.

"Voyage" is about a scientist who is dying of a blood clot. His only chance for survival is for five scientist colleagues to be miniaturized in a ship, and injected into his bloodstream.

The original, directed by Richard Fleischer, starred Raquel Welch and Donald Pleasence.

Emmerich's Centropolis Entertainment partner Michael Wimer will produce with James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment.

It is Emmerich's second tour of duty on the project, after being attached a decade ago. The Wibberleys recently took a stab at a draft of "Voyage" that sparked the director's renewed interest in doing the remake. Emmerich's latest project 10,000 B.C. will be out March 08

SRJ
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Sorry, but where's the second one?

The Red Hood
08-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Coming up my internet went out for a few seconds there.....Roadrunner :rolleyes

Aug 16, 9:51 AM EST

The Associated Press

Bruce Lee's classic 1973 film, "Enter the Dragon," will be remade by Warner Bros.

The remake, to be titled "Awaken the Dragon," will be written and directed by Kurt Sutter, producer of "The Shield" TV series. It will be released by Warner Independent Pictures.

In an e-mail Thursday to The Associated Press, Warner Bros. publicist Laura Kim said the movie will tell the story of an FBI agent who investigates a Shaolin monk and underground kung fu fight clubs.

China's Shaolin Temple is renowned for its martial-arts tradition.

Kim declined to reveal the casting choices, budget or shooting schedule.

Lee played a kung fu fighter who infiltrates an island occupied by a rogue martial arts artist in "Enter the Dragon."

He died in 1973, at 32, from swelling of the brain.

Lee was known for movies in which he portrayed characters that defend the Chinese and the working class from oppressors.

He was born in San Francisco but grew up in Hong Kong, where he made his name as an actor.

L.I.T
08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Jesus, ok, Fantastic Voyage I can see, but remaking Enter the Dragon? I mean, wtf is the point?

monosylab1k
08-16-2007, 09:20 PM
enter the dragon? really? just a stupid fucking idea.

and as far as fantastic voyage is concerned...i'd probably be more excited if they were remaking the Coolio music video.

BigBeezie
08-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm a big Bruce Lee fan. I really appreciate the guy and what he brought to our culture. I would love to see that remake...