PDA

View Full Version : Udoka vs. Pietrus

SenorSpur
08-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Now that the Udoka deal is done, I wanted to pose a few comparison questions about Udoka and GS' Mikael Pietrus.

Looking at both players, which one of these swingmen do you consider to be the better player? Why?

Also, which one would you rather have on the team? Why?

genghisrex
08-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I've seen a lot of Pietrus and not that much of Udoka so I can't make a full judgment. That said, while Pietrus has talent, he also has an extremely low basketball IQ and I think he would be a poor player on this team. From what I can tell, Udoka seems like a heady player and that gives him a better chance of learning our system and playing a contributing role here.

E20
08-16-2007, 10:15 PM
I heard Miami is actively pursuing Pietrus, wonder where he'll go.

barbacoataco
08-16-2007, 10:28 PM
I've seen Udoka play a lot more than Pietrus, but I've seen enough to think that Udoka is a better fit. Udoka shoots a high percentage from 3-pt, and he doesn't try to force shots when they aren't there. Pietrus seems a little reckless and out of control. I don't think Pietrus could be signed for the deal Udoka got.

E20
08-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Pietrus has confidence problems and is a streaky player add that with the fact that his defense isn't Pop worthy, he wouldn't make a good fit with the Spurs.

BeerIsGood!
08-16-2007, 11:50 PM
For the Spurs - there isn't a much better fit on paper than Udoka. Defensive minded role player with a pretty efficient game who doesn't need a lot of shots to be effective. In his press conference he already mentioned he relishes going against the other team's top guy, and that attitude will fit in well as a compliment to Bruce on the wing.

TheAuthority
08-16-2007, 11:57 PM
I agree Udoka is a better fit for the Spurs. However, Pietrus kills him in terms of talent. It isn't even close.

z0sa
08-16-2007, 11:58 PM
whos the better three point shooter?

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2007, 02:00 AM
I agree Udoka is a better fit for the Spurs. However, Pietrus kills him in terms of talent. It isn't even close.

yeh that, but he doesnt exploit his potential to get better imo

i prefer someone like ariza who is bit bigger and stronger who can dunk on ppls head...

Indazone
08-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I like Petrius. He put up decent fantasy numbers last year when he got minutes. My bet is that he's going to the Heat

tp time
08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Dallas, Miami and Cleveland want pietrus

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Let em have him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Udoka has a much higher bball IQ than Pietrus. This was an easy call for the Spurs front office.

Bruno
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't know Udoka a lot, so I'm maybe wrong.

Udoka is the better shooter, Pietrus is the better slasher.
Both are good defender. Pietrus' defense is more physical, Udoka's defense is more cerebral and tenacious.
Pietrus is a better offensive player than Udoka. Pietrus tries more things on the offensive end than Udoka and do some mistakes. Udoka do few things on the offensive (some corner 3's and some drives) but do very few mistakes.
Pietrus is more athletic and is 5 years younger than Udoka.

For a run & gun team, Pietrus > Udoka. For Spurs, they should be close : Udoka is a better fit but Pietrus is a better player.

When you consider how Udoka cost and how Pietrus would have cost : Udoka > Pietrus.