PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had a problem with a co-worker

Man Sauce
08-17-2007, 08:37 AM
....and how did you handle it?

BigBeezie
08-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Never really had a problem with anyone... I've been pissed off before but nothing major.

Fillmoe
08-17-2007, 10:10 AM
shes buried in my backyard right now

florige
08-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Just try to avoid that person as much as possible. :lol

08-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Just go and steal your stapler back.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
yes...I put the dog outside.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes.

Need more details to respond. What exactly is the problem?

trueD
08-19-2007, 12:17 AM
I work with someone who wouldn't pick up her paperwork from a printer we share. One time she printed out stuff, got up and walked right by the printer twice without getting it. We both sit in cubies right next to the printer, is how I know.

So every once in awhile I would pick up her stuff with mine (most of it is legal paperwork) and toss it, and eventually she began walking the three steps out of her cubie to pick up her stuff.

Also, she would let the paper run out and not use the printer until someone else ran to the supply room for more. I arranged for a whole box of paper to be delivered to our printer each time a paper delivery is made to our office.

missmyzte
08-19-2007, 01:10 AM
So every once in awhile I would pick up her stuff with mine (most of it is legal paperwork) and toss it, and eventually she began walking the three steps out of her cubie to pick up her stuff.
Sorry, but that would seriously piss me off. Is it that big of a deal that she doesn't pick up her papers right away? I have a color printer at my desk but the general office printer is a laser printer, if I have a big project I'll print to that instead since it's faster (and uses less ink). But I don't always pick it up right away, it's clear across the office. And I'm definitely not the only one, there's always someone's print job waiting there.

As far as problem co-workers go, that just doesn't sound like that big a deal.

LuvBones
08-19-2007, 01:15 AM
:lol yeah i definitely have.. read this thread.. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53772&highlight=cows

And she is STILL there but she is behaving now because the boss has already told her one more screw up and she is fired! :D

trueD
08-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Sorry, but that would seriously piss me off. Is it that big of a deal that she doesn't pick up her papers right away? I have a color printer at my desk but the general office printer is a laser printer, if I have a big project I'll print to that instead since it's faster (and uses less ink). But I don't always pick it up right away, it's clear across the office. And I'm definitely not the only one, there's always someone's print job waiting there.

As far as problem co-workers go, that just doesn't sound like that big a deal.
Sure, most of us don't jump up and get our stuff immediately, but I'm talking leaving it there to sort thru three, maybe four times for the rest of us. She sits three steps from the printer. She used to complain about another co-worker who didn't retrieve her stuff in a timely fashion, and she was coming from way around the corner :lol After moving near her space and sharing her printer, I was conscious of getting my stuff because of all her complaining about the other gal. Go figure.

This gal also takes supplies from other peoples cubies instead of taking the long 40 yard walk to the supply room. If we're at our desk, she'll ask for what she needs, if we aren't--she just takes it.

And hey, my trick solved the dilemna...

The sone
08-19-2007, 01:19 AM
this is sooo minor as far as problems go...just trash her stuff and thats that.

trueD
08-19-2007, 01:22 AM
this is sooo minor as far as problems go...just trash her stuff and thats that.
Mmmm. yeah. This is as big as it gets in my world, I'm grateful. :elephant

Mister Sinister
08-19-2007, 01:22 AM
I have three people in the deli I work in that bother me.

Vinny: Vinny is a few years older than I am, 22 or something of that nature. Not important. He's a good kid, he means well, but he's dumber than a sack of bricks. Constantly talks about Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, disregarding the concept of "There's a time and a place."

Lorraine: Lorraine is an older woman. Don't know how old, don't care. From day 1 (6 months ago, give or take), it seems like she's got a problem with me. I don't know why, but she seems to find it necessary to drop snide, not-so-subtle hints that I don't know how to do my job.

Char: Char has worked for Jewel for 35+ years, and is the deli's assistant manager, for all intents and purposes. Problem is, she still treats me like I'm a new hire, and she micromanages out the butt. In the bad way. The way that holds things up.

trueD
08-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Char: Char has worked for Jewel for 35+ years, and is the deli's assistant manager

:spless:

Nothing like micromanaging your way into an assistant manager position after 35 years.

The sone
08-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Mmmm. yeah. This is as big as it gets in my world, I'm grateful. :elephant

i so want to be you...

The sone
08-19-2007, 01:28 AM
I have three people in the deli I work in that bother me.

Vinny: Vinny is a few years older than I am, 22 or something of that nature. Not important. He's a good kid, he means well, but he's dumber than a sack of bricks. Constantly talks about Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, disregarding the concept of "There's a time and a place."

Lorraine: Lorraine is an older woman. Don't know how old, don't care. From day 1 (6 months ago, give or take), it seems like she's got a problem with me. I don't know why, but she seems to find it necessary to drop snide, not-so-subtle hints that I don't know how to do my job.

Char: Char has worked for Jewel for 35+ years, and is the deli's assistant manager, for all intents and purposes. Problem is, she still treats me like I'm a new hire, and she micromanages out the butt. In the bad way. The way that holds things up.

i find it best to be aloof and speak to others as they speak to you...that usually calms them down tons.