PDA

View Full Version : A question for the wives in here...

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 11:46 AM
*growl*

OK, I am fucking tired of this shit. I pay all the mortgage,bills, insurance etc., buy all the meals when we eat out frequently, and give my wife $2000.00 a month (after taxes) for spending money and household incidentals. She decided a year ago that this just wasn't enough money and she went out and got a full time job. She keeps all her paychecks too.

She just called me in a very pissy, snippy phone call, said the house was a "mess" and said she was taking off work at noon to go home and "clean the house" and was I going to take the afternoon off too to "help"?...WTF????? I am all about helping out around the house...I do all the yard work, make the bed, sweep and mop at least 1/3 of the time, send most of my clothes to the cleaners and pay for that...

Fuck! Despite my callous postings sometimes I'm no chauvinist pig...I respect her work and thats about all we talk about anymore...but I have mine too and it pays the bills...Just because I'm self employed doesn't mean that it doesn't cost me money to take off...

Am I unreasonable to think that this demand was a little over the top?

AlamoSpursFan
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Harrumph!!!!

SequSpur
08-17-2007, 11:52 AM
yeah, that was way over the top. Call her up and tell her you'll be home at 6 and to have some nice cool chocolate pie ready since she went home early.

08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
You didn't following the dating rules before you married her.

1. When she asks how she looks, shrug and say "could be better." This will keep her on her toes, and girls love that.

2. Never hold her hand. This can be interpreted as a sign of weakness. If she grabs your hand, squeeze hers really, really hard until she cries. This will impress her by showing her what a strong man you are.

3. Once a month sneak up on her from behind and knock her over. Girls are like dogs. They love to be roughed up.

4. Call her in the middle of the night to ask if she's sleeping. If she is, say "you better be." Repeat this 4 or 5 times until morning. This will show her you care.

5. When she is upset about something, suggest to her that it might be her fault. This will pave the way for her own personal improvement, and every girl needs some improvement.

6. Recognize the small things; they usually mean the most. Then when she's sleeping, steal all her small things and break them. Because jewelry is for wussies and Asian ladies.

7. If you're talking to another girl, make sure she's looking. When she is, stare into her eyes, mouth the words 'fuck you,' and grab the other girl's ass. Girls love competition.

8. Tell her you're taking her out to dinner. Drive for miles so she thinks it's going to be really special. Then take her to a burning tire yard. When she starts to get upset tell her you were just kidding and now you're really going to take her to dinner. Then drive her home. When she starts crying and asks why you would do something like that lean over and whisper very quietly into her ear "...because I can."

9. Introduce her to your friends as "some chick". Women love those special nicknames.

10. Play with her hair. Play with it HARD.

11. Warm her up when she's cold... but not by giving her your jacket, because then you might get cold. Rather, look her in the eye and say, "If you don't stop bitching about the cold right now, you're going to be bitching about a black eye." The best way to get warm is with fear.

12. Take her to a party. When you get there she'll have to go to the bathroom (they always do). Leave immediately. Come back right when the party's dying and yell at her the whole way home for ditching you at the party.

13. Make her laugh. A good way to do this is if she has a small pet. Kick the pet. I always find stuff like that funny. Why shouldn't girls?

14. Let her fall asleep in your arms. When she's fast asleep, wait 10 minutes then JUMP UP AND SCREAM IN HER EAR! Repeat until she goes home and you can use your arms for more important things. Like basketball.

15. Spit often. Girls like guys that spit.

16. If you care about her, never ever tell her. This will only give her self confidence. Then you can never turn her into the object she deep down desires to be.

17. Every time you're in her house steal one of the following: shoes, earrings, or anything else that comes in pairs. Only take one of the pair. This way she'll go crazy.

18. Take her out to dinner. Right when she's about to order interrupt and say "No, she's not hungry". Make her watch you eat. Girls love a guy that speaks for her.

19. Look her in the eyes and smile. Then clock her one. Girls love a spontaneous guy.

20. Give her one of your t-shirts... and make sure it has your smell on it. But not a sexy cologne smell. A bad smell. You know what I'm talking about.

21. If you're listening to music, and she asks to hear it, tell her no. This way she'll think you're mysterious.

22. Remember her birthday, but don't get her anything. Teach her material objects aren't important. The only thing that's important is that she keeps you happy. And your happiness is the greatest present she can ever get.

23. When she gives you a present on your birthday, Christmas, or just whenever, take it and tell her you love it. Then next time you know she's coming over on a trash day leave the trash can open and have the present visibly sticking out of the can. Girls actually don't like this one that much, but I think it's funny.

24. If she's mad at you for not calling her when you say you will, promise her that you will call her at a certain time of the day. This will ensure that she waits by the phone. Tell her when you call you're going to tell her a special surprise. Now she'll be really excited. Now don't call. That's also quite funny!

25. When you first meet a woman slap her right across the face. That way she can never say "why dont you treat the way you used to?"

26. Remind her of the following question... "What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing. You already told her twice." She'll appreciate your thoughtfulness and the good advice.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe you shouldn't have told her she was getting fat 11 years ago...

:lol

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Maybe you shouldn't have told her she was getting fat 11 years ago...

But...fat people are supposed to be jolly! Motherfuckers lied about that too!

timvp
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM
*growl*

OK, I am fucking tired of this shit. I pay all the mortgage,bills, insurance etc., buy all the meals when we eat out frequently, and give my wife $2000.00 a month (after taxes) for spending money and household incidentals. She decided a year ago that this just wasn't enough money and she went out and got a full time job. She keeps all her paychecks too.

She just called me in a very pissy, snippy phone call, said the house was a "mess" and said she was taking off work at noon to go home and "clean the house" and was I going to take the afternoon off too to "help"?...WTF????? I am all about helping out around the house...I do all the yard work, make the bed, sweep and mop at least 1/3 of the time, send most of my clothes to the cleaners and pay for that...

Fuck! Despite my callous postings sometimes I'm no chauvinist pig...I respect her work and thats about all we talk about anymore...but I have mine too and it pays the bills...Just because I'm self employed doesn't mean that it doesn't cost me money to take off...

Am I unreasonable to think that this demand was a little over the top?Passive aggressive negotiations. Up it to three G's.

:fro

Norcal's Left Nut
08-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Counseling. It worked for the boss.

SpursWoman
08-17-2007, 12:19 PM
If she's that unhappy, just tell her to give me a call and I'll tell her all about my ex-husband.

Bigzax
08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
put some of that 2k to good use and hire a maid/cook.

BacktoBasics
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
You aren't overreacting. You married a women that is too fucking needy. All to often women want to be the women who is catered to and the man who makes the money because lets face it...most women are greedy. I know the type and have been married to it in the past. I vowed from that moment on to find a nice subserviant women who caters to my needs because in my opinion its the only way to find some peace and quiet. I'm going to guess she's white or maybe grew up in a well to do family?

Good luck brother my thoughts are with you in this tough time. I'm hear for you if you need a shoulder.

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Does her $2000 a month have to pay for groceries, etc.?

If not, you give her way too much money.

Cut her back to $1000 and tell her to STFU and stop whining.

Mixability
08-17-2007, 12:47 PM
A Store that sells husbands opened in New
York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE !

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch . . .. you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to
find a husband . . .

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.

She takes the escalator to the second floor. The second floor sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids. With four levels still above, she doesn't hesitate to go up one more.

The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the
housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but decides that with one floor to go,she could find perfection. So she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

SpursWoman
08-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Cut her back to $1000 and tell her to STFU and stop whining.

:tu Seriously ... especially if she's working full time and keeping her entire check. She has to be blowing a shitload of money if that plus her checks aren't enough.

Most of us do all of that stuff out of the goodness of our heart...she's got a hell of an operation going on over there. :lol

lebomb
08-17-2007, 01:03 PM
*growl*

Just look at it on the positive side.........she has 90% of your money, but you have 100% of the pussy. :toast

Crookshanks
08-17-2007, 01:03 PM
You pay all the bills and still give her $2,000 a month?! Wow, my ex-husband rarely MADE more than $2,000 (take home pay)! Your wife has got it reallllly good - she needs to talk to some of us women who were married to loser bums so that she will more fully appreciate what she's got!

I say cut her "allowance" in half and tell her that Fantasy Island was just a tv show and it was cancelled several years ago!

Useruser666
08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Obviously CC's Spurstalk password has been stolen by his wife.

Mixability
08-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Obviously CC's Spurstalk password has been stolen by his wife.

Well, I'm sure the PC was paid with HER money anyway.

E20
08-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Dude, how much are you making each month to be giving your wife 2000 dollars a month? HOLY FUCK.............................................. ..................:wow

What is your occupation? WTF how does she spend 2000 dollars in one month???? What does she buy?????? That's crazy.

Mixability
08-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Just look at it on the positive side.........she has 90% of your money, but you have 100% of the pussy. :toast

Isn't prostitution illegal?

Flea
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=CosmicCowboy]I respect her work and thats about all we talk about anymore[QUOTE]

Sounds like there is more trouble other than just money. It does sound like she has it pretty good......maybe she is looking for attention? How long are your work hours?

Shelly
08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't have an allowance and I think my paycheck goes to paying off his student loans. What's up with that? :lol

Somewhere down that line, I also manage to pay HEB's mortgage too.

BeerIsGood!
08-17-2007, 01:14 PM
If she's working full time, don't give her the $2000 anymore. Put that aside to get yourself something nice, or save it and hide it in a secret fund under an assumed identity so it can't be claimed in the divorce settlement and you'll have $24 G next year to really play with when you come to your senses and realize that you screwed this relationship up by giving her too much in a material sense, thus spoiling her rotten.

Flea
08-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Dude, how much are you making each month to be giving your wife 2000 dollars a month? HOLY FUCK.............................................. ..................:wow

What is your occupation? WTF how does she spend 2000 dollars in one month???? What does she buy?????? That's crazy.

Well it depends on how many kids they have. My grocery bill is around 1k/month.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Well it depends on how many kids they have. My grocery bill is around 1k/month.

Fucking HEB!

Mijo
08-17-2007, 01:15 PM
OK, I am fucking tired of this shit. I pay all the mortgage,bills, insurance etc., buy all the meals when we eat out frequently, and give my wife $2000.00 a month (after taxes) for spending money and household incidentals. She decided a year ago that this just wasn't enough money and she went out and got a full time job. She keeps all her paychecks too. Your wife has it damn good as far as I can see.

I pay the mortage, my truck, and all of the insurance payments. I do the cooking, laundry, grocery shopping and house cleaning about 90% of the time not to mention all of the yard work. My wife gets about a 1/4 of what you give yours although she isn't a big spender and she does work.

We came from different types of families and suffice to say I've pretty much succumbed to her way of life.

BeerIsGood!
08-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Interesting how many of the women responed with something along the lines of "Your wife has it good", without ever knowing if the money is all there is. For all we know, he could treat her horribly and never pay any attention to her, but only one person asked about that...

Interesting... :greedy

Flea
08-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I could spend 2k easily on food, haircuts, lunch money for kids and other acitivities that revolve around children. Oh and my wine bill is around $100/month. :lol
This doesn't count ANY bills.

Mijo
08-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Might I add the saying: "The more you make the more you spend" Sadly this is true for me...

08-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh and my wine bill is around $100/month. :lol

Another "Little Penguin" fan?

timvp
08-17-2007, 01:22 PM
With the lack of responses from CC, I'm assuming the wife won.

R.I.P.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Interesting how many of the women responed with something along the lines of "Your wife has it good", without ever knowing if the money is all there is. For all we know, he could treat her horribly and never pay any attention to her, but only one person asked about that...

Because most of us have known CC for a long time.

SpursWoman
08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I could spend 2k easily on food, haircuts, lunch money for kids and other acitivities that revolve around children. Oh and my wine bill is around $100/month.

Yeah, but you've got 4 kids under 14 ... I thought we did some damage at HEB each month. $1K? Holy crap! :wow :lol

Flea
08-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Another "Little Penguin" fan?

I probably spend more.....that is about 2/week keeping it around $12-13/bottle. :toast

Flea
08-17-2007, 01:24 PM

R.I.P.

Useruser666
08-17-2007, 01:25 PM
CC, honest advice....

If she has her own job and you pay all the bills, then take some of her allowance and use to hire a made or cleaning service. I don't think that's the real issue you're dealing with, but I would just tell her how you feel and ask her straight up what she thinks. You can't fix something if you don't know what's wrong.

Shelly
Hmmm...THIS the thread that brough User out of his shell??? :nerd

Flea
Yeah, but you've got 4 kids under 14 ... I thought we did some damage at HEB each month. $1K? Holy crap! :wow :lol

I keep trying to figure out how to make them stop eating.

timvp
08-17-2007, 01:27 PM
http://www.nelsonmfg.com/images/cowboy-cleaning1.jpg
Shoulda given her more money

Flea
08-17-2007, 01:27 PM
CC, honest advice....

If she has her own job and you pay all the bills, then take some of her allowance and use to hire a made or cleaning service. I don't think that's the real issue you're dealing with, but I would just tell her how you feel and ask her straight up what she thinks. You can't fix something if you don't know what's wrong.

I agree. We entertained the thought of me getting a teaching job this year because my youngest starts kinder. The first thing my check would have paid for would have been a maid and a yard guy.

florige
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
*growl*

2k a month!?? Geee Wizz dude what are you part owner for the Spurs or something?

BeerIsGood!
08-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Because most of us have known CC for a long time.

One of my good friends that I knew very well was a completely different person behind closed doors with his family. It all came out in the open recently that he abused his wife and was verbally abusive to his young son, but every time I was around he seemed like a normal guy with normal anger responses.

Unless you live with him, you never know...

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I could spend 2k easily on food, haircuts, lunch money for kids and other acitivities that revolve around children. Oh and my wine bill is around $100/month. :lol
This doesn't count ANY bills.

Sure but CC's kids are grown up and out of the house. This $2K he gives her is just for her - plus she keeps her own paychecks for herself.

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 01:33 PM

I've known CC for longer than I've known timvp. So that's why I didn't need to question how he treats her.

SpursWoman
08-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Hmmm...THIS the thread that brough User out of his shell??? :nerd

eh ... drive-by posting, but it's a start. :lol

Kori Ellis
One of my good friends that I knew very well was a completely different person behind closed doors with his family. It all came out in the open recently that he abused his wife and was verbally abusive to his young son, but every time I was around he seemed like a normal guy with normal anger responses.

Sure, but that's an extreme case.

CavsSuperFan
Remember when you were dating and your “Gal” went to the gym to stay in shape and she was nice to you and she appreciated the smallest things like a chef salad and a glass of wine...

And remember when she sat right next right to you in your truck and she smelled like fresh daisies and she would tell you what a wonderful hard working guy that you are....And how you couldn’t wait to see her again because she made you feel so happy and important...

Yea...That was cool....(Those days are freaking over)...

http://www.kenston.k12.oh.us/khs/just4fun/chris_farley.jpg

Flea
08-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Sure but CC's kids are grown up and out of the house. This $2K he gives her is just for her - plus she keeps her own paychecks for herself.

Dang, why is she working?
I would be having lunch with friends all the time. Oh wait, I already do that. :lol Shhhh, don't tell my husband.

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM

R.I.P.

nope, still here. I just told her I was busy and would help when I got home.

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I would be having lunch with friends all the time. Oh wait, I already do that. :lol Shhhh, don't tell my husband.

She started working because the 2K wasn't enough :lol

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 01:42 PM

LOL...thats what she used to do till I canceled all the credit cards about 3 years ago. At least with her working she's not out spending money for 40 hours a week...:lol

PM5K
08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't know enough to really say much about the situation but something ain't right that's for sure...

ducks
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
you guys need to put money away and not spend every dime
especially since you are selfemployed

when you are self employed there is no paid vacations
no retirement
you are responisble for everything

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
you are responisble for everything

Gee thanks Ducks. thats exactly what she says!:lol

ObiwanGinobili
08-17-2007, 02:05 PM
in our house there is no seperate money.
Whatever paychecks come into *the household* is *our* money for the use of funding *our* exsistance.
When I worked that $$ was OUR money and went into OUR account, and the same with the check *we* recieved from Emo;'s employer.

there is no concept of I in this household when it comes to bills, chores, money or runing of the household type things like soicial schedualing and dry cleaners.
there is just shit that needs to be done, shit that needs to be paid, and how can we take care of it.

neither one of us has an allowence. we pay the billd, put $$ in savings, pay for incidentals and the rest is pooled for the family to spend. (ie a toy for the kids, pick up dinner on the way home, emo wants some comics, I need some new pants...)

Where you are coming from in your OP is so forgein to me that I cant; quite give you advice on that particular situation. So I thought i;'d outline how we do it instead.

BTW- if some one was handing me $2k a month (ohmygodthatsashitload!) I'd put $600 into groceries, then I;d get a massage, buy a book, and the rest would go into savings.

CubanMustGo
08-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Reading stuff like this always makes me realize how lucky I am to have a partner as wonderful as my wife. :princess

We're like Obi, both work, the money goes to benefit the both of us. If we need to make a big expenditure we talk it over. No separate accounts or separate funds. The only thing we have "separate" are retirement accounts because she is self-employed whereas I work for a Fortune 100 firm, but of course the other one is a joint holder.

Clutch20
08-17-2007, 02:14 PM
in our house there is no seperate money.
Whatever paychecks come into *the household* is *our* money for the use of funding *our* exsistance.
When I worked that $$ was OUR money and went into OUR account, and the same with the check *we* recieved from Emo;'s employer.

there is no concept of I in this household when it comes to bills, chores, money or runing of the household type things like soicial schedualing and dry cleaners.
there is just shit that needs to be done, shit that needs to be paid, and how can we take care of it.

neither one of us has an allowence. we pay the billd, put $$ in savings, pay for incidentals and the rest is pooled for the family to spend. (ie a toy for the kids, pick up dinner on the way home, emo wants some comics, I need some new pants...)

Where you are coming from in your OP is so forgein to me that I cant; quite give you advice on that particular situation. So I thought i;'d outline how we do it instead.

BTW- if some one was handing me $2k a month (ohmygodthatsashitload!) I'd put $600 into groceries, then I;d get a massage, buy a book, and the rest would go into savings.
Same here at this house ObiwanGinobili.
But my nephew has the same situation as CosmicCowboy.
CC, little by little close up the faucet using the Cost of Living Index to lower her princely allotments!

2Blonde
08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't have an allowance and I think my paycheck goes to paying off his student loans. What's up with that? :lol

Somewhere down that line, I also manage to pay HEB's mortgage too.
...And I'm pretty sure I bought a new deck for my dentist's backyard last year. Complete with a deluxe spa, sauna and landscaping to boot. Or maybe he blew it all on a trip to Hawaii. God damn bills.. I want my mommy!! :madrun

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Speaking of lunch, we need to do the ST 'The Kids Are BACK in school lunch' soon!

08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
...And I'm pretty sure I bought a new deck for my dentist's backyard last year. Complete with a deluxe spa, sauna and landscaping to boot. Or maybe he blew it all on a trip to Hawaii. God damn bills.. I want my mommy!! :madrun

Jim won't let you sunbathe on his deck?

Bastard.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Is your dentist Jim? :lol

SpursWoman
08-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Speaking of lunch, we need to do the ST 'The Kids Are BACK in school lunch' soon!

I'm in. :)

2Blonde
08-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I keep trying to figure out how to make them stop eating.
Hahahahahaha...just wait until the boys start showing up at your house. Then your grocery bill will go up by 35-40%. It happened for us when my daughter hit about 14. This summer was really bad though because they seem to be showing up in caravans of 3-5 boys at a time. They stare at my daughter, raid my pantry and then my daughter gets out her guitars and they burrow deep into my brain seeing who can turn the amp up the highest. It's sheer heaven. Kind of like at Shelly's house. :lol

08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
They stare at my daughter, raid my pantry....

$10 says most of the guys on the forum read that just like I did at first. :lol

Mixability
08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
My fiancee has already set the rules:

What's mine is hers and what's hers is hers.

2Blonde
08-17-2007, 02:27 PM

That pretty much describes my ex-husband to tee. People were so SHOCKED!!! when the truth came out. Everyone thought he adored me and cherished the ground I walked on. What a crock.

One thing I did learn was how to spot the signs of an abusive man and I have to say that I have never even once seen anything in CC's behavior that would make me raise a red flag. He's just venting and she's having a bad day/week whatever IMO.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Hahahahahaha...just wait until the boys start showing up at your house. Then your grocery bill will go up by 35-40%. It happened for us when my daughter hit about 14. This summer was really bad though because they seem to be showing up in caravans of 3-5 boys at a time. They stare at my daughter, raid my pantry and then my daughter gets out her guitars and they burrow deep into my brain seeing who can turn the amp up the highest. It's sheer heaven. Kind of like at Shelly's house. :lol

After spending the money on drums (which I told someone who shall remain nameless not to), he's lost interest. He blames the neighbor (the guitarist) for never wanting to practice. Now the neighbor is supposed to be teaching the neighbor on the other side and her friend how to play guitar and bass.

In other words, it's been very quiet at my house.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm in. :)

Let's shoot for something in September.

2Blonde
08-17-2007, 02:31 PM

You name the date & time, sweetie.

Let's shoot for something in September.

Sounds good to me.

2Blonde
08-17-2007, 02:32 PM
After spending the money on drums (which I told someone who shall remain nameless not to), he's lost interest. He blames the neighbor (the guitarist) for never wanting to practice. Now the neighbor is supposed to be teaching the neighbor on the other side and her friend how to play guitar and bass.

In other words, it's been very quiet at my house.
Lucky you.... My daughter sang and played her guitar at a benefit last weekend and may have some more stuff coming up so It's never too quiet around here.

SpursWoman
08-17-2007, 02:33 PM
$10 says most of the guys on the forum read that just like I did at first. :lol

panties? :lol

2Blonde
08-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Well I'm off to spend his/mine/our money at DSW. Gotta love that back-to-school shopping. :bang

ducks
08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Gee thanks Ducks. thats exactly what she says!:lol
you are responisble for all your 401 k
your employee does not help you ate all

:)

I know you are just miessing with me

she has got it good
especially being self employed
she knows she will get that much plus bills paid each month

2Blonde
08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
of course... we know what's on his brain.

SpursWoman
08-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Well I'm off to spend his/mine/our money at DSW. Gotta love that back-to-school shopping. :bang

Are you sure you want to do that today?? I made the mistake of wanting to run to the Quarry *real quick* to pick up a last minute birthday gift for my DD ... and well, I could have found a lot better way to spend an unexpected 1 1/2 hr lunch break. :hungry:

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:38 PM
you are responisble for all your 401 k
your employee does not help you ate all

I know you are just miessing with me

she has got it good
especially being self employed
she knows she will get that much plus bills paid each month

psst...ducks.

Those of us that are self-employed know all that already. If not, our businesses would have tanked already!

Flea
08-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Don't get me started on the dentist, I have two in braces right now. :madrun

Flea
08-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh and we are self employed and pay for most medical out of pocket. We don't have a nice insurance policy that covers everything.

Sunshine
08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
CC. I've known you for 5+ years now, and know you to be nothing but kind, generous and anything BUT a male chauvanist (that's just an online persona :lol ).

She needs to realize how good she's got it. Y'all aren't a couple of young newly married kids who haven't figured out how to manage money. You're a man who has been financially fortunate enough to allow your wife to be a stay at home mom and take care of the kids and have enough left over to enjoy life.

She's come to take this, and you, for granted. Her pissy phone call demand today was totally unreasonable. Now that she's working full-time, and seeming to enjoy her job - which is wonderful! - you need to cut back on the allowance, tell her you're going to use the "extra" money you're saving by cutting the allowance to hire a maid or cleaning service to come to the house a couple of times a month to keep her from stressing about that.

08-17-2007, 02:43 PM

I like the cut of your jib.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:43 PM
You name the date & time, sweetie.

Sounds good to me.

I'm guessing somewhere around 281/1604 would be the half-way point for everyone? I don't know what restaurants are over there. I'm rarely over that way.

Flea
08-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Can I come to the lunch? :)

Flea
08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
CC, was she not a part of running your business?

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Can I come to the lunch? :)

NO! :p:

btw, any lady that doesn't have kids and wants to lunch is welcome also.

You dudes can plan your own back to school lunch.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
CC, you can pay for the cleaning crew at my house too. I won't complain!

08-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm guessing somewhere around 281/1604 would be the half-way point for everyone? I don't know what restaurants are over there. I'm rarely over that way.

I know LBHG and my mom have eaten at Silo (http://www.siloelevatedcuisine.com/) and enjoyed it. And there's the one that used to have the plane out front (Name escapes me at the moment) that she's had lunch at as well and liked it. Another good little place is Quicksands Deli over by the Embassy theater.

Or you gals could take in Trilogy Bistro (http://trilogybistro.com/) over at Stone Oak /Huebner for some Italian and wine.

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 02:51 PM
CC, was she not a part of running your business?

nope

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM

:depressed

Shelly
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I know LBHG and my mom have eaten at Silo (http://www.siloelevatedcuisine.com/) and enjoyed it. And there's the one that used to have the plane out front (Name escapes me at the moment) that she's had lunch at as well and liked it. Another good little place is Quicksands Deli over by the Embassy theater.

Or you gals could take in Trilogy Bistro (http://trilogybistro.com/) over at Stone Oak /Huebner for some Italian and wine.

Thanks...send your wife over to lunch with us!

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Reggiano's is an awesome Italian place to have lunch in that area.

(Not that I'm invited, since I don't have kids that are going back to school)

Sunshine
08-17-2007, 02:57 PM

I'm game. Start a thread when the time/place/date is set and I'll keep an eye out!

08-17-2007, 02:58 PM

(Not that I'm invited, sinc I don't have kids that are going back to school)

Kori

NO!

RIF :p:

Sunshine
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM

You can claim one of mine as your honorary kid and celebrate them going back to school.

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Kori

RIF :p:
You think I actually read all the posts here? :lol

Shelly
08-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Kori, READ :lol

I'll even pick you up!

BeerIsGood!
08-17-2007, 03:06 PM
That pretty much describes my ex-husband to tee. People were so SHOCKED!!! when the truth came out. Everyone thought he adored me and cherished the ground I walked on. What a crock.

One thing I did learn was how to spot the signs of an abusive man and I have to say that I have never even once seen anything in CC's behavior that would make me raise a red flag. He's just venting and she's having a bad day/week whatever IMO.

Damn, that's a rough situation to go through. I just saw it first hand for the 5th or 6th time in my life, but this one recently was the most shocking due to how closely I "thought" I knew him. I'm sure CC is a great guy and didn't mean to imply otherwise, but I definitely learned that you never know. I think it's more prevelant than a lot of people realize.

08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
If ya'll do lunch in the Stone Oak area, you owe it to yourselves to get dessert at Da Vinci's (http://www.davincigelati.com/home.html) for hand made gelato.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 03:09 PM
:depressed

You can send your wife. I hear she likes to lunch! :spin

08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
You can send your wife. I hear she likes to lunch! :spin

She'll probably even buy!

Flea
08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
nope

She's not interested? Yes, I'm being nosy. :)

Flea
08-17-2007, 03:11 PM

I love Silos!

08-17-2007, 03:11 PM

You know what CC does, don't you?

Flea
08-17-2007, 03:12 PM
She'll probably even buy!

Yeah! We know she has the money! :lol

Shelly
08-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah! We know she has the money! :lol

Flea
08-17-2007, 03:13 PM
You know what CC does, don't you?

I can't remember, I know he's mentioned it.

BigBeezie
08-17-2007, 03:14 PM
put some of that 2k to good use and hire a maid/cook.

Good point. Tell that biotch to quit whining and to start calling molly maid. If my wife complained about $2,000 per month then I'd probably slap her.

B.

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Kori, READ :lol

I'll even pick you up!

Thanks. If I'm able to go, I'll take you up on that offer.

E20
08-17-2007, 03:27 PM
CosmicCowboy, what's your job title?

Kori Ellis
08-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Business Owner.

E20
08-17-2007, 03:29 PM
How much does he make in 1 year? If that isn't being too nosy.........

florige
08-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Business Owner.

I knew it had tp be something like that to pay ALL the bills in the household and still afford to give his wife 2freakingk a month. Kudos to you my man!

florige
08-17-2007, 03:31 PM

If he can afford to give her 2k a month I'm guessing a crapload!!

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 04:03 PM

thats pretty nosy LOL. Lets just say more than most but still not as much as I would like.

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 04:07 PM

You nosy people are cracking me up. Flea, to answer your question, it was my choice that she not be involved in my business. I have a secretary/bookeeper that is even meaner and bitchier than my wife LOL.

08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
I can't remember, I know he's mentioned it.

Ever see "Dirty Jobs"?

ShoogarBear
08-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Cut her back to $1000 and tell her to STFU and stop whining.:spless:

:rollin

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Ever see "Dirty Jobs"?

:lmao

Thats actually the guys that work for me...I can do what they do but don't. I'm actually sitting here in the air conditioning in camo shorts, slaps, and a fishing shirt.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 04:16 PM

He's a pimp! Hence, the dirty job reference

08-17-2007, 04:20 PM
He's a pimp! Hence, the dirty job reference

T.J. Hicks?

ShoogarBear
08-17-2007, 04:20 PM
$10 says most of the guys on the forum read that just like I did at first. :lol:bling

ShoogarBear
08-17-2007, 04:22 PM
CC needs to change his nick to LL Cool CC. He's the only guy who could post that and get the women backing him up.

08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
CC needs to change his nick to LL Cool CC. He's the only guy who could post that and get the women backing him up.

I think he should go with "Money".

angel_luv
08-17-2007, 05:04 PM

You're not unreasonable. It was an unrealistic request.
But your bigger concern should be what is bothering your wife that is making her demanding. Until that gets solved, the requests are not going to stop.

Sounds like she feels she needs more help.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Nothing a shovel across the head can't fix...

mrsmaalox
08-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Let's keep the pedicures our little secret too! :p:

ducks
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
damm with her 2000.00
I wonder how many teddies she has

cc must like her in teddies

ploto
08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I do not know you, but...

Are you sure she wanted to work because she wanted more money? Maybe she was feeling lonely with the kids grown up and gone. You said that all she wants to talk about now is her work- are you feeling less attended to since she started to work. Did her life before revolve around you and the kids? Maybe she is feeling unappreciated or unneeded and is filling the void with shopping and spending money. Money also often means power to people- especially if you have been earning all the money and she has been relying on you for an allowance- no matter how much it has been. I really do not think this is just about money, but I do not know her.

Flea
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
I think Ploto has a point. There is more to this that just the money and wanting you to clean house. Do you ever leave work early because you want to play golf or want to meet a friend for a couple of drinks? Do you ever leave work early just to be with her? Being self employed means you work harder than if you had a 40 hour work week but it does allow you some freedom that you wouldn't normally have.

Flea
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Let's keep the pedicures our little secret too! :p:

:tu

Flea
08-17-2007, 06:40 PM
You nosy people are cracking me up. Flea, to answer your question, it was my choice that she not be involved in my business. I have a secretary/bookeeper that is even meaner and bitchier than my wife LOL.

And how did she handle that? Did you ever ask her if she wanted to be a part of it? I am not justifying her spending all that money and you sound like a really nice guy CC but as the wife of someone who owns their own business it took a long time before I ever considered it my business as much as his. Even though my name was on the corporate papers I never felt like it belonged to me until I started being an active part of it on a daily basis. Being a part of it has made me feel like I am actually contributing to the family finances........and no matter how much work I have done over the years as a SAHM, a small part of me felt like a child waiting for my allowance. That is probably why she got that job.

ducks
08-17-2007, 06:48 PM
I do not know you at all
but alot of self employed people work 60 plus hours
maybe she is feeling left out
do you spend time with her?

Shelly
08-17-2007, 07:14 PM
And how did she handle that? Did you ever ask her if she wanted to be a part of it? I am not justifying her spending all that money and you sound like a really nice guy CC but as the wife of someone who owns their own business it took a long time before I ever considered it my business as much as his. Even though my name was on the corporate papers I never felt like it belonged to me until I started being an active part of it on a daily basis. Being a part of it has made me feel like I am actually contributing to the family finances........and no matter how much work I have done over the years as a SAHM, a small part of me felt like a child waiting for my allowance. That is probably why she got that job.

I do everything except his billings since I don't know coding. We only have one employee. I do the payroll, make the deposits, and pay the bills and do the payroll taxes. I also don't do the corporate taxes.

We were paying a billing service at first until we found out they weren't billing in a timely manner (and we cannot recoup a good chunk of change as you have to bill insurances in so many days). They caused a few very lean months for us.

Shelly
08-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I do not know you at all
but alot of self employed people work 60 plus hours
maybe she is feeling left out
do you spend time with her?

Translation: Buy her a Mac!

Flea
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I do everything except his billings since I don't know coding. We only have one employee. I do the payroll, make the deposits, and pay the bills and do the payroll taxes. I also don't do the corporate taxes.

We were paying a billing service at first until we found out they weren't billing in a timely manner (and we cannot recoup a good chunk of change as you have to bill insurances in so many days). They caused a few very lean months for us.

I don't do the corporate taxes either and don't ya just hate those monthly payroll taxes?

Shelly
08-17-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't do the corporate taxes either and don't ya just hate those monthly payroll taxes?

Monthly isn't so bad. For my dad, I have to do them weekly, along with state (CA) and God forbid if you're late. I also have to do Sales Tax (CA).

If you're not taking advantage of EFTPS, TWC, and I highly recommend it. Also to file the 941 and 940, I use a software company that only charges $25/year. Well worth it and less mistakes (especially the 940, I can never remember how to do it and then they had the nerve to change it last year :lol). Social Security will let you file directly up to 20 employees (you have to put in the info) and you can print out the W-2s from their website. For my dad I have to file via magnetic media and I also file 1099s that way.

SequSpur
08-17-2007, 08:12 PM
i never understood why a wife would get an allowance. i thought when you become married, you put all your shit together and you go from there.

dude, you don't own her cuz you give her 2K. actually that makes you stupid for doing that. what is she getting a salary from your company or something? that to me is totally being a tool.

dude, she is your wife and if she feels that she is having a bad day and your ass can't help vacuum, then so be it. maybe you should take her up on it and help her. shit... she has needs to and 2k doesn't fill any psychosocial needs that she may have.

again, i don't get the separate accounts, the splitting of the bills and all that other shit couples do nowadays.

you put that shit in one pot, you pay the bills both of you make... yes BOTH... you save together, you spend together.....

you better wake up or she may get half of that shit instead of 2k.

ShoogarBear
08-17-2007, 09:41 PM
How about separate computers? I bet you believe in that now.

JoeChalupa
08-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I love my wife!!! I may not always like her but I never stop loving her. Good luck.

JoeChalupa
08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
i never understood why a wife would get an allowance. i thought when you become married, you put all your shit together and you go from there.

dude, you don't own her cuz you give her 2K. actually that makes you stupid for doing that. what is she getting a salary from your company or something? that to me is totally being a tool.

dude, she is your wife and if she feels that she is having a bad day and your ass can't help vacuum, then so be it. maybe you should take her up on it and help her. shit... she has needs to and 2k doesn't fill any psychosocial needs that she may have.

again, i don't get the separate accounts, the splitting of the bills and all that other shit couples do nowadays.

you put that shit in one pot, you pay the bills both of you make... yes BOTH... you save together, you spend together.....

^RACK "IM!!!

I concur.

SequSpur
08-17-2007, 10:04 PM
How about separate computers? I bet you believe in that now.

spurster
08-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I canceled all the credit cards about 3 years ago.

That makes it clear that she's a shopoholic, for whatever reason. Keeping separate accounts, etc., seems like a necessary idea in that case to make things work.

In any case, why not hire a maid? On her $2K plus salary beyond bills, she certainly has enough to do that. Maybe you can go 50-50 on it.

MiNuS
08-18-2007, 12:15 AM
I haven't read all these posts but the best thing is to come home with nervous breakdown about work and life in general. Have a hissy fit or the at any moment and then have a lets work life and finances out better of your relationship and future kind of talk.

Between my wife and I,we make over $150K a year. Our little 11 month baby's budget is around $1250 a month.

Seven years ago when we got married we were making around $60k and we have always managed our money separate.

My wife always nags about cleanliness and I will admit I'm not the most organized person out there but women over do the cleanliness thing.

I live in Brownsville Tx believe me cheap labor is accross the border but hiring anyone
from Mexico is out of the question.

-+

Flea
08-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Monthly isn't so bad. For my dad, I have to do them weekly, along with state (CA) and God forbid if you're late. I also have to do Sales Tax (CA).

If you're not taking advantage of EFTPS, TWC, and I highly recommend it. Also to file the 941 and 940, I use a software company that only charges $25/year. Well worth it and less mistakes (especially the 940, I can never remember how to do it and then they had the nerve to change it last year :lol). Social Security will let you file directly up to 20 employees (you have to put in the info) and you can print out the W-2s from their website. For my dad I have to file via magnetic media and I also file 1099s that way.

I do use EFTPS, I just hate paying it. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
08-18-2007, 09:52 AM

I have kids that arn;t in school - but they can stay with thier Dad if the lunch date is during his night shift.

The sone
08-19-2007, 01:56 AM
wives are overrated...of course i dont have one...

marini martini
08-19-2007, 10:55 PM
I have kids that arn;t in school - but they can stay with thier Dad if the lunch date is during his night shift.
I thought it was called a lunch date lunch>night shift :lol

CosmicCowboy
08-20-2007, 09:15 AM

Not everyone does it that way, but thats the way I did it. When she was a stay at home mom I valued her contributions and wanted her to feel like she had her own money. I did not want her to feel that she had to ask me for money if she wanted something special for herself.

I don't think I "own" her and no, she does not get a salary from my company. I direct deposit 1K on the first and the 15th to her personal account. BTW, I don't consider myself to be stupid and could give a fuck what YOU think.

LOL...Sequ, you are such a tool. I just didn't want to take off work to clean the house. It ended up that she didn't either. I got home first and hit it hard and knocked it out. She called to see where we were going to meet my daughter and her boyfriend for dinner while I was right in the middle of cleaning and I just had them bring me something home. I was done when they got there, so fuck you runt. Go tell your wife to make you a pie you grumpy little prick.

And if she choses to she could get 1/2 no matter what I do. I realized a long time ago that you can't MAKE someone be happy. You can give them all the reasons in the world to be satisfied and happy, but at the end of the day happiness and contentment come from within and not from others.

Sportcamper
08-20-2007, 11:47 AM
My faith in “manly men” has been shattered...Cosmic Cowboy's wife told him to "get home and clean the house" and he actually did it.... :dramaquee

Sportcamper
08-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I bet he even baked her a pie!http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/16/28/23032816.jpg

bigzak25
08-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I just didn't want to take off work to clean the house. It ended up that she didn't either. I got home first and hit it hard and knocked it out. She called to see where we were going to meet my daughter and her boyfriend for dinner while I was right in the middle of cleaning and I just had them bring me something home. I was done when they got there...

http://www.ralphmag.org/AG/whip-lady373x328.gif

CosmicCowboy
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM
:lmao

You guys are harsh. I also wash dishes most of the time. My ego is not threatened...:lol

ShoogarBear
08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
And now she's getting 3K a month . . .

ObiwanGinobili
08-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I thought it was called a lunch date lunch>night shift :lol

okay, let me offer a longer explanation:
he works 2 weeks day shift, 2 weeks night shift.
If the lunch date is on a day when he is working night shift then he will be home and awake to watch the children while I skip happily along to a lunch date.

marini martini
08-20-2007, 03:42 PM
OOOOh, I see said the blind man :lol

Shelly
08-20-2007, 04:57 PM

okay, let me offer a longer explanation:
he works 2 weeks day shift, 2 weeks night shift.
If the lunch date is on a day when he is working night shift then he will be home and awake to watch the children while I skip happily along to a lunch date.

Do you know when he will be working the day shift? I was looking at mid-September or so

Flea
08-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Do you know when he will be working the day shift? I was looking at mid-September or so

I can't wait! My daughter caught me making lunch plans for next week and she said, "how many lunches are you planning?" That was my 3rd! :lol

Flea
08-20-2007, 06:10 PM
And if she choses to she could get 1/2 no matter what I do. I realized a long time ago that you can't MAKE someone be happy. You can give them all the reasons in the world to be satisfied and happy, but at the end of the day happiness and contentment come from within and not from others.

There is the problem. She is not happy and spends money like crazy trying to make herself happy. How old is she CC?

Fillmoe_
08-20-2007, 06:11 PM
I feel sorry for you man. I hope one day you get your balls back from your wife. I wish you the best.

ObiwanGinobili
08-20-2007, 06:53 PM
he's doing nights from Sept 3rd to the 14th. :)

Shelly
08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
he's doing nights from Sept 3rd to the 14th. :)

That works perfectly then! :)