PDA

View Full Version : 25 threads, only one for Tony Parker?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2004, 02:28 AM
The most maligned point guard in this franchise's history outside of AJ goes for 18 points, 13 dimes, and there's only one freakin' thread for Tony Parker?

When he's not getting 13 assists people come on here saying he can't pass, we should have gotten Kidd, etc.

When he's not getting 18 points, people are on here wondering if Parker is even worth it, and if/when Beno will take over starting duties so we can trade Tony.

So the guy does both in one night, and there's just one feeble thread on the first page of this board, that doesn't even mention Tony by name.

What the hell Spurs fans? Tony Parker was the alpha dog tonight, give the Frenchman some love.

Tres bien, Tony!
http://img105.exs.cx/img105/1760/4e-tonyauto.jpg

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 02:30 AM
That's what I'm talking about. I was so shocked that there wasn't more praise here for him. He put on a frickin' clinic in the first half.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2004, 02:33 AM
He put on a frickin' clinic in the first half.

Indeed, class was in session, and the Frenchman was the friggin' dean of the court.

I think if they would have given him more minutes he would have easily had a triple double. Damn the Cavs for not keeping it closer.

SequSpur
12-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Yeah, he was okay tonight. Again, Cleveland was not playing any defense. I think they showed up tonight to watch the Spurs play.

timvp
12-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Haven't you guys heard? Parker is the new Rose.

T Park
12-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Didn't someone say

Udrih > Parker?

Icecoldbrewski?? Maybe??

Parker made Eric Snow and McInnis look like absolute tools out there tonight.

SequSpur
12-12-2004, 02:37 AM
This was funny:

During the second half, when Beno knocked down those 3s, Snow was supposed to be guarding him. On every possession, Snow would come down and just stand at the free throw line. A zone defense? Then Beno shot a few treys and Silas kept looking at him standing there. He kept telling him to guard somebody, move his ass, do something... I am surprised he didn't yank his ass into the locker room and beat his ass down. I guess Silas is a passive agressive coach.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2004, 02:38 AM
When I see Parker weaving effortlessly through the opposing team at the head of the break like tonight, it's like he's always done it and always will.

I apologize for taking it for granted.

exstatic
12-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Parker will light up any game where the Spurs can consistantly run. It means that HE has the ball, dishing to a wingman, and getting the dime, instead of just bringing the ball up for the first pass, and ultimately watching Tim, Rose or Rasho hit a cutter for an assist. Tony controls the ball on the break. Tony gets the assist on the break, at least most of the time.

I thought that the Spurs PG play, overall, was exceptional tonight. Tony was flyin' on the break, and Beno was scorching them from downtown, or zipping passes into the lane.

timvp
12-12-2004, 03:30 AM
When Parker is playing at his best, he turns Duncan into the best garbage player on the planet. Too bad it's never happened for an extended period of time.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Parker got praise in the game blog.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2004, 10:05 AM
In my defense, I was downtown with my girlfriend to see the lights on the river.

Although we did stop at a place called "Crazy Sam's" so she could have a beer and watch the second half of the game.

http://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/041211/041211_7.jpg

1Parker1
12-12-2004, 12:02 PM
"Haven't you guys heard? Parker is the new Rose."

:lol That explains it TimVP