PDA

View Full Version : I need help for applying on a job

E20
08-17-2007, 03:35 PM
So they make you take this test before they further review your application and it's one those gay pyschological tests that give you scenarios and how you react. I'm sure there all the same, they basically ask you:
-If your a leader or not
-If you take control
-If people follow by your example

That's all can be condensed into one question, but they choose to ask you it 90 different ways. So, what do you choose or what are you supposed to choose? Be a leader/or follow directions. I'm applying for a teller at a bank, so I'm guessing being a leader isn't going to really be a trait or quality that is going to be maginified as a Bank teller, so I always choose in the middle options.

Also, they give some stupid scenarios like:

If you see a supervisor being mean towards a co-worker and that co-worker begins to cry. Which option would you most likely do and which option would you least likely do.

A. Comfort the Co-Worker
B. Tell the supervisor's manager
C. Tell the Supervisor that what he/she did wasn't right
D. Ignore what happend

I don't fucking care I usually pick option B as the most usual one I'd do and option C the least likely one. And it's all the same, but I never fucking pass.......HELP, beacuse my dumbass friend who is a moron, got a job with the same company and if he can get a job there, THEN ANYBODY CAN.

BigBeezie
08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Is this at Rackspace? I heard they give some gays tests..

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-17-2007, 03:46 PM
What a stupid question! Is the coworker just a drama queen, or some stupid bitch who probably deserved it? Or is she hot and might be willing to give it up in the mens' room if she's feeling particularly emotionally vulnerable after getting yelled at?

If I were you I would mark a big "X" over all the questions and turn in your test with a handwritten note that reads, "The following questions provide inadequate information. Only a great fool would have the hubris to make sweeping generalizations about how he would act based on so few details. If that is the employee you seek then so be it." It will show that you are an independent thinker, and that is the first thing a real leader needs.

E20
08-17-2007, 03:54 PM
What a stupid question! Is the coworker just a drama queen, or some stupid bitch who probably deserved it? Or is she hot and might be willing to give it up in the mens' room if she's feeling particularly emotionally vulnerable after getting yelled at?

If I were you I would mark a big "X" over all the questions and turn in your test with a handwritten note that reads, "The following questions provide inadequate information. Only a great fool would have the hubris to make sweeping generalizations about how he would act based on so few details. If that is the employee you seek then so be it." It will show that you are an independent thinker, and that is the first thing a real leader needs.
Thank you. God, I just want to hand people money and take money from them. It's not like I'm going into some sort of fucking clinic. GAWD. lLook at my fucking work experience/education/resume instead of some gay shitty test that doesn't prove anything.

Oh, Gee!!
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Are you posting this thread as you're applying for a job?

E20
08-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Are you posting this thread as you're applying for a job?
It's an online application where you attach your resume and if they further consider you they email you to take a test and if you pass the test they'll call you to set up an interview. I've applied to about 4 banks:

Washington Mutual
Bank of America
Wells Fargo
Citibank

Citibank makes you take that gay test. Wells Fargo I got an interview with, I was gonna get an interview with Bank of America, but I said some dumb shit over the phone, and I haven't heard anything from Wamu. I need a job bad, I quit my old job and have been jobless for 2 weeks and I feel icky and like a bum.

katyon6th
08-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Why did you quit your most recent job?

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Be very careful trying to game the personality profiler tests. They have built in traps to catch you if you are just trying to give them the answer you think they want.

E20
08-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Why did you quit your most recent job?
I was working there since I was 16 and 2.5 years later and no raise I still made 8 dollars an hour, which was BS because I lasted through 3 managers who quit and they all liked me and it was in a bad area and I knew I could do/make better. That job got me a car though. :lol

ashbeeigh
08-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Be very careful trying to game the personality profiler tests. They have built in traps to catch you if you are just trying to give them the answer you think they want.

I was just about to say exactly the same thing. The best thing to do is just to answer it the way you honestly would handle it, unless "punch the bitch in the face" isn't an answer. Some of the questions may even be duds they put in there just to fuck you up.

Oh, Gee!!
08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
It's an online application where you attach your resume and if they further consider you they email you to take a test and if you pass the test they'll call you to set up an interview. I've applied to about 4 banks:

don't accidentally attach anything that would embarass or incriminate you

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Also remember that from the same test the same company may want different profiles for different jobs. You may actually get the teller job with your milk toast answers but the profile becomes a part of your employee packet. They may want to promote a manager from within later and disqualify you because your profile says you are a pussy and not a big enough asshole to be a manager LOL.

cherylsteele
08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
The reason they ask the same question several ways is they are looking for consistency. They are trying to make sure you are really paying attention and not just scanning over the questions.

They are looking for honesty, and to be pro-active.

The same thing happened to me for a while until I met someone who had been in H.R. administrating the test. He told me to answer the questions honestly, and not what you think they want to hear.

If they ask you if you ever did drugs...and you just tried them...answer yes....remember honestly is what they are looking for. You can pass the test this and still compromise yourself.