PDA

View Full Version : Proof of ESPN being racist

Phil Hellmuth
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3555/vickbz7.png

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't know about you all but I'm more willing to hear about the Brewer's slippage than Donaghy. :spin

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Amount of NFL fans > Amount of NBA fans

Amount of people interested in Mike Vick's case > Amount of people interested in Donaghy's case

The Vick case is something that transcends sports and has entered the news realm via more people because he is a superstar player in the most popular league in the country. The Donaghy case, while also entering the news realm via crime, is still primarily a sports issue.

And if you're going to claim racism, Yahoo Sports has the Vick story as second (top small box next to a larger dominant story) while the Donaghy case is in the other stories section (and referencing his apology).

Sportsline has Brandon Webb as their top story, then it flows to a training camp feature, NASCAR, Donovan McNabb and Vick is buried in the other stories while the only story under a NBA heading on the front page is Madsen's injury.

FoxSports has Vick dominant with Donaghy's apology in the headlines section.

Are they all racist too or are you simply an alarmist looking for some attention?

Holt's Cat
08-18-2007, 01:02 AM
The Vick-Dog shit transcends the NFL. Anytime you have women discussing anything remotely related to the new national pasttime you know it has gone mainstream. Nobody gives a shit about Donaghy outside of NBA nerds. Racism? Go jerk off to Philly boy on ESPN 3's replay of WSOP 2005 or whatever, ok Forest?

Buddy Holly
08-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Where's Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton-Thurman when you need 'em,

Vinnie_Johnson
08-18-2007, 01:41 AM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3555/vickbz7.png

Oh Shit stop! :dramaquee

Phil Hellmuth
08-18-2007, 04:27 AM

Amount of people interested in Mike Vick's case > Amount of people interested in Donaghy's case

The Vick case is something that transcends sports and has entered the news realm via more people because he is a superstar player in the most popular league in the country. The Donaghy case, while also entering the news realm via crime, is still primarily a sports issue.

And if you're going to claim racism, Yahoo Sports has the Vick story as second (top small box next to a larger dominant story) while the Donaghy case is in the other stories section (and referencing his apology).

Sportsline has Brandon Webb as their top story, then it flows to a training camp feature, NASCAR, Donovan McNabb and Vick is buried in the other stories while the only story under a NBA heading on the front page is Madsen's injury.

FoxSports has Vick dominant with Donaghy's apology in the headlines section.

Are they all racist too or are you simply an alarmist looking for some attention?

you need a bong hit, take it ezzzzz dogggie.

aside from your condescending comment , you made some valid points.

I wasn't talking about the other sites, I was speaking directly about ESPN. I dunno to me I just see dogs and the other story I see a direct possible way of shutting down the great game we love. And I am the crazy one? *shakes head*

BacktoBasics
08-18-2007, 09:15 AM
You calling this racism sets back black rights a good 20-30 years. Good job you ignorant assfuck.

Avitus1
08-18-2007, 10:25 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/goingplaces.jpg

rayray2k8
08-18-2007, 11:07 AM
the white guy didnt get the headline and a black guy did and that's considered racist??? :wtf

BacktoBasics
08-18-2007, 11:15 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/Trailer21/B1.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I wasn't talking about the other sites, I was speaking directly about ESPN. I dunno to me I just see dogs and the other story I see a direct possible way of shutting down the great game we love. And I am the crazy one? *shakes head*

And therein lies your problem.

You call out one for its news judgment when the others are left alone, and then you go as far as to label them racist at that.

Either you've been taking too many hits, you're an idiot or you're just not funny.

I'm guessing it's a healthy mix of all three.

Phil Hellmuth
08-18-2007, 01:14 PM
And therein lies your problem.

You call out one for its news judgment when the others are left alone, and then you go as far as to label them racist at that.

that's a lame defense argument of "leave it alone(don't point it out)". GTFOH :blah :blah

so by using that we should believe everything we see and we must act like robots.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-18-2007, 01:25 PM
that's a lame defense argument of "leave it alone(don't point it out)". GTFOH :blah :blah

so by using that we should believe everything we see and we must act like robots.

Actually, it's a defense of "you don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Phil Hellmuth
08-18-2007, 01:42 PM
sure buddy

leemajors
08-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Actually, it's a defense of "you don't know what the hell you're talking about."
seconded.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-18-2007, 02:01 PM
sure buddy

Great argument. Glad I could participate.

T Park
08-18-2007, 02:13 PM
nothing racist about it.

Its a stunning story about how evil a person this fuckface Vick is.

Ray Combs
08-18-2007, 02:18 PM
nothing racist about it.

Its a stunning story about how evil a person this alleged fuckface Vick is.
fixed, unless of course you hate America and it's "innocent until proven guilty" principle.

LuvBones
08-18-2007, 02:21 PM
:lol at this thread.

MLK's Lawyer
08-18-2007, 06:27 PM
The first person who says "I have a dream" is gonna get a subpoena.

CharlieMac
08-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Ya burnt.

T Park
08-18-2007, 07:38 PM
fixed, unless of course you hate America and it's "innocent until proven guilty" principle.

pardon me for basing an opinion on the evidence.

BUt go ahead and defend a shithead like him.

Ray Combs
08-19-2007, 12:01 AM
pardon me for basing an opinion on the evidence.

BUt go ahead and defend a shithead like him.
alleged shithead.....he hasn't been found guilty in a court of law yet.

evidently T Park hates America and it's values.

The sone
08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
your mama!

SRJ
08-19-2007, 03:28 PM
"When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem resembles a nail."

T Park
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
alleged shithead.....he hasn't been found guilty in a court of law yet.

evidently T Park hates America and it's values.

Yeah I hate america.

BTW, Im not on the jury, nor involved with the case, so i dont have to put in "alleged" bullshit.

Fuck this evil fuckhead and fuck you for defending his sorry ass.

T Park
08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
all my problems could fixed with the woman in my sig :)

marini martini
08-19-2007, 11:15 PM
What wamon in ur sig

medstudent
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
all of Tparks problems could be fixed a gastric bypass

T Park
08-19-2007, 11:34 PM

English not your first language there eh skippy?

marini martini
08-19-2007, 11:37 PM

No fuckin" shit!

Ray Combs
08-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah I hate america.
quoted

T Park hates America and it's values.

samikeyp
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Shouldn't you be Zombie Ray Combs? :)

JMarkJohns
08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
As long as Scoop Jackson and Stephen A Smith are employed by ESPN, they will definately have some racist tendancies...

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd comment...but this looks to be too closely related to being a pitbull thread.

monosylab1k
08-20-2007, 12:47 PM
As long as Scoop Jackson and Stephen A Smith are employed by ESPN, they will definately have some racist tendancies...
especially that asshole. he could find a way to make a racial issue out of the way a box of cereal is packaged.

JMarkJohns
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I know. Whitlock got canned from ESPN because he called out Scoop's blatant race-baiting tactics. I never much cared for Whitlock as a personality, but as a writer he's pretty good. His opinions are off many times, but he's got no racial bias. Just the occasional lapse of judgement and reality.

Scoop, as you said, loves to play the race card, and most times, about things that have no shred of racial bias towards one race or another.

Phil Hellmuth
08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
ESPN overblowing and overanalyzing this story because Vick is a black man and the dog is the white mans best friend.

TLWisfoine
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
I know. Whitlock got canned from ESPN because he called out Scoop's blatant race-baiting tactics. I never much cared for Whitlock as a personality, but as a writer he's pretty good. His opinions are off many times, but he's got no racial bias. Just the occasional lapse of judgement and reality.

Screw that fat piece of trash Whitlock!!! Anybody who refers to young black men as the new KKK needs to shut the hell up!!!

monosylab1k
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Screw that fat piece of trash Whitlock!!! Anybody who refers to young black men as the new KKK needs to shut the hell up!!!
your Farrakhan posturing on this board has gotten really tiresome.

TLWisfoine
08-20-2007, 06:42 PM
your Farrakhan posturing on this board has gotten really tiresome

This is nothing, you should of seen me 30 years ago!!!

T Park
08-20-2007, 09:54 PM
ESPN overblowing and overanalyzing this story because Vick is a black man and the dog is the white mans best friend.

Boy that bulb gets dimmer and dimmer with every post.

Mister Sinister
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I never understood racism. Misanthropy's more fun.

samikeyp
08-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Vick is going to plead guilty and ESPN still has him on their front page.

More racism I guess. :rolleyes

samikeyp
08-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Scoop, as you said, loves to play the race card, and most times, about things that have no shred of racial bias towards one race or another.

I would have to disagree with this somewhat.

I have heard Whitlock on more than one occasion play the race card. Scoop is probably worse about it, but Whitlock has done it too.

marini martini
08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Can't we all just get along???????????????

samikeyp
08-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Can't we all just get along???????????????

What fun would that be? :)

marini martini
08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I guess zero :cry

Phil Hellmuth
08-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Boy that bulb gets dimmer and dimmer with every post.

oh those one sentence jabs.

i have never seen those before on spurstalk, ever!

MaNuMaNiAc
08-20-2007, 10:43 PM

i have never seen those before on spurstalk, ever!true, but it still doesn't make what you said any less idiotic

Phil Hellmuth
08-20-2007, 11:23 PM
true, but it still doesn't make what you said any less idiotic

okay, you disagree. It really doesn't deal with intelligence (this subject). It is a situation where I have a minority opinion.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2007, 11:24 PM
okay, you disagree. It really doesn't deal with intelligence (this subject). It is a situation where I have a minority opinion.Actually, when you title a thread as "proof", it's a matter of a bit more than just "opinion."

Phil Hellmuth
08-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Actually, when you title a thread as "proof", it's a matter of a bit more than just "opinion."

oh jesus, here comes mr. nitpicker... don't take everything literally. Maybe the tone is a bit overwhelming on that title... obviously I didn't mean it as fact and forgot a question mark or to include it as a facetious statement.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2007, 11:29 PM
oh jesus, here comes mr. nitpicker... don't take everything literally. Maybe the tone is a bit overwhelming on that title... obviously I didn't mean it as fact and forgot a question mark or the one bit facetious.Don't get all pissy just because I pointed out a legitimate discrepancy.

And, since I'm already picking nits, the fact that you didn't mean it as fact, forgot a question mark and were being facetious is not obvious.

Phil Hellmuth
08-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I can't believe I get called crazy and idiotic for claiming something like this. Do people not think racism exists in media? I mean come on now, wake the f!!! up.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I can't believe I get called crazy and idiotic for claiming something like this. Do people not think racism exists in media? I mean come on now, wake the f!!! up.I don't think that people are denying the existence of racism in the media, I think that people are just pointing out that this particular "proof" ain't it.

Phil Hellmuth
08-20-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't think that people are denying the existence of racism in the media, I think that people are just pointing out that this particular "proof" ain't it.

Stubborn on that proof thing i see..

I was pointing an instance.

I think it has validation of being an example.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Stubborn on that proof thing i see..

I was pointing an instance.

I think it has validation of being an example.And others, myself included, don't.

End of argument.

monosylab1k
08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I have heard Whitlock on more than one occasion play the race card. Scoop is probably worse about it, but Whitlock has done it too.
From what I see, Whitlock tends to play the "anti-race card", for lack of a better phrase. Sometimes it seems like he makes a concerted effort to take the "white" side of things in order to distance himself from the Scoop Jackson's of the world, whether he truly believes the stance he's taking or not.

word
08-21-2007, 01:27 AM

It's the start of football season. Come November it'll be all Donaghy all the time.

T Park
08-21-2007, 02:25 AM

i have never seen those before on spurstalk, ever!

Saying theres racism when there isn't racism.

I've never seen that before!!!!!

samikeyp
08-21-2007, 06:21 AM
oh jesus, here comes mr. nitpicker... don't take everything literally. Maybe the tone is a bit overwhelming on that title... obviously I didn't mean it as fact and forgot a question mark or to include it as a facetious statement.

Since Funt is a woman...wouldn't be Ms. Nitpicker? :)

Boston Pancake
08-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Since Funt is a woman...wouldn't be Ms. Nitpicker? :)
saying Funt is a woman is a pretty grand assumption. Mr. works just fine with CF