PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn

midgetonadonkey
08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Is a future Hall of Famer.

Just kidding.

He did well against a third string Lions D.

TheSanityAnnex
08-18-2007, 10:24 PM
dumbass its pre fucking season.

TheSanityAnnex
08-18-2007, 10:25 PM
:lol

peewee's lovechild
08-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Quinn looked fucking awesome and I don't really give a rat's ass who he was playing against. He looked calm, cool, and collected and he showd the poise of a veteran quarterback.

I'm still pissed that we (Cowboys) passed on him and I think that we'll live to regret it.

BeerIsGood!
08-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Come on, man. Matt Moore looked great against the reigning Superbowl Champions' 3rd string D. Maybe Moore is the next Joe Montana!!

This is way to early to even know if Quinn will be a bust or not.

Marklar MM
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Quinn looked fucking awesome and I don't really give a rat's ass who he was playing against. He looked calm, cool, and collected and he showd the poise of a veteran quarterback.

I'm still pissed that we (Cowboys) passed on him and I think that we'll live to regret it.

Shit...my grandma can pass for 100 yards against the Lions defense.

peewee's lovechild
08-19-2007, 12:44 AM

Your grandma should play for the Browns or Raiders.
She'd make a lot of money.

peewee's lovechild
08-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Come on, man. Matt Moore looked great against the reigning Superbowl Champions' 3rd string D. Maybe Moore is the next Joe Montana!!

This is way to early to even know if Quinn will be a bust or not.

How did Matt Moore look tonight??

Anyway, remember that Quinn wasn't playing with the 1rst team.
He looked good.

BeerIsGood!
08-19-2007, 12:56 AM
How did Matt Moore look tonight??

Anyway, remember that Quinn wasn't playing with the 1rst team.
He looked good.

Moore looked decent, but nothing great. Didn't get as much time.

Moore didn't play with the 1st team either, and looked better than Quinn against the people who won't make the champion's roster. Quinn looked good against the people who won't make the Lion's roster. The point is that either performance shows that either QB may be sufficient as the 3rd QB at this point. Quinn has to do much more against much better comp before he's even beginning to prove anything.

peewee's lovechild
08-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Moore looked decent, but nothing great. Didn't get as much time.

Moore didn't play with the 1st team either, and looked better than Quinn against the people who won't make the champion's roster. Quinn looked good against the people who won't make the Lion's roster. The point is that either performance shows that either QB may be sufficient as the 3rd QB at this point. Quinn has to do much more against much better comp before he's even beginning to prove anything.

You gotta be shitting me!!!!

Quinn making a case for 3rd stringer???
Come on, man.
Do you know anything at all??

Crennell can't decide who to go with, at all. He's was waiting on Quinn to end his hold out to evaluate Anderson, Frye, and Quinn. Dorsey's not even in the picture. Quinn's going to be the starter for that team. If you don't understand that, then you just can't be helped.

BeerIsGood!
08-19-2007, 01:11 AM
You gotta be shitting me!!!!

Quinn making a case for 3rd stringer???
Come on, man.
Do you know anything at all??

Crennell can't decide who to go with, at all. He's was waiting on Quinn to end his hold out to evaluate Anderson, Frye, and Quinn. Dorsey's not even in the picture. Quinn's going to be the starter for that team. If you don't understand that, then you just can't be helped.

Jesus man, you aren't paying attention. I didn't say Quinn is only going to be the 3rd string QB, I said his performance today only shows that he is qualified to be the 3rd QB. AT THIS POINT he hasn't shown anything more than that. Both of the other guys have had good games and shitty games against much better competition, so Quinn is going to have to put up more good performances against better competition before he wins that spot. If you think he's automatically the starting QB after this one game against scrubs, then you're football illiterate. I've probably forgotten more than you'll ever know about the game, so try to keep up.

BeerIsGood!
08-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Another thing, playing QB in the NFL is very difficult, but the success a QB has is almost always directly related to a few things. Those things are 1) The success of the running game 2) The success of the O Line to run block and pass protect 3) The success of the defense to stop the run and 4) The success of the defense to limit the opponents points.

If those things are solid, the QB can play the game and make plays within the offense without having to press. He can manage the game and make plays to win.

At this point the Browns might not have one of those things.

peewee's lovechild
08-19-2007, 01:35 AM
Jesus man, you aren't paying attention. I didn't say Quinn is only going to be the 3rd string QB, I said his performance today only shows that he is qualified to be the 3rd QB. AT THIS POINT he hasn't shown anything more than that. Both of the other guys have had good games and shitty games against much better competition, so Quinn is going to have to put up more good performances against better competition before he wins that spot. If you think he's automatically the starting QB after this one game against scrubs, then you're football illiterate. I've probably forgotten more than you'll ever know about the game, so try to keep up.

He was playing with scrubs too!!!!!

As to you forgetting more than I'll ever know, yea right.

If you want me to agree to make you feel better, than okay.
Feel better?

peewee's lovechild
08-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Another thing, playing QB in the NFL is very difficult, but the success a QB has is almost always directly related to a few things. Those things are 1) The success of the running game 2) The success of the O Line to run block and pass protect 3) The success of the defense to stop the run and 4) The success of the defense to limit the opponents points.

If those things are solid, the QB can play the game and make plays within the offense without having to press. He can manage the game and make plays to win.

At this point the Browns might not have one of those things.

Did the Cardinals have any of these things last year?
How was Matt Linehart?

midgetonadonkey
08-19-2007, 01:58 AM
How was Matt Linehart?

Terrible.

Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Att Yds TD
12 74.0 377 214 56.8 2547 11 12 22 49 2

peewee's lovechild
08-19-2007, 02:12 AM
Terrible.

Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Att Yds TD
12 74.0 377 214 56.8 2547 11 12 22 49 2

Then I guess he's just a horrible quarterback.

Kurt Warner should be given the starters job back.
Linehart did nothing last year.

You're full of shit. He kept them competing for most of the games. He made rookie mistakes but he also showed why he deserved to be the starter over Kurt Warner, who happens to be a Super Bowl quarterback.

BeerIsGood!
08-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Matt Leinart has tools, but as long as his team doesn't have the 4 things I listed he's going to be a losing QB. He has arguable the best receivers in football, but can't get them the ball because his OL sucks. You think that's bad, just wait to see what happens to Quinn once he goes against 1st stringers with the team he has. His performance against scrubs bought him the opportunity to get reps with the 1st team in the preseason, but let's see how he does.

BeerIsGood!
08-19-2007, 02:19 AM
He was playing with scrubs too!!!!!

As to you forgetting more than I'll ever know, yea right.

If you want me to agree to make you feel better, than okay.
Feel better?

You've been owned in two threads. Quinn hasn't proven anything yet and you know it.

peewee's lovechild
08-19-2007, 02:22 AM
Matt Leinart has tools, but as long as his team doesn't have the 4 things I listed he's going to be a losing QB. He has arguable the best receivers in football, but can't get them the ball because his OL sucks. You think that's bad, just wait to see what happens to Quinn once he goes against 1st stringers with the team he has. His performance against scrubs bought him the opportunity to get reps with the 1st team in the preseason, but let's see how he does.

Matt Leinart is already good. He's going to be a very good quarterback in the league for years to come. He was good last year, regardless of the 4 things you listed. Vince Young was good last year regardless of the problems with the Oline. Point being, they lived up to the hype. And, I beleive that Quinn will too.

Regardless against who he was playing against, he played much better than either Anderson or Frye.

DNS Error
08-19-2007, 11:51 AM
if Matt Leinart will have rouble with the O line he's got, I can only imagine whats going to happen to JaMarcus with that line

Obstructed_View
08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
As a long time Browns fan, I've seen Eric Zeier before. Brady ain't even Eric Zeier yet.

JamStone
08-19-2007, 12:44 PM

And, this wasn't even the regular Lion's defense. Your grandma could probably throw 250 yards against those third and fourth stringers.

Still, Quinn didn't have control who he played against, and he looked poised and threw good balls for the most part. He still sucks.

BeerIsGood!
08-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Matt Leinart is already good. He's going to be a very good quarterback in the league for years to come. He was good last year, regardless of the 4 things you listed. Vince Young was good last year regardless of the problems with the Oline. Point being, they lived up to the hype. And, I beleive that Quinn will too.

Regardless against who he was playing against, he played much better than either Anderson or Frye.

Leinart had a horrible year considering the weapons at his disposal on that team. He had Edge as the running back, Fitzgerald and Boldin as WR. He should have been putting up all pro numbers with those weapons but he didn't come close. Why? Because that team doesn't have what I was talking about.

The only reason Vince Young had a decent year is because of his ability to run and make people miss. He didn't have a big season with his arm, and a big reason is because he had no O Line.

Obstructed_View
08-19-2007, 04:17 PM
And, this wasn't even the regular Lion's defense. Your grandma could probably throw 250 yards against those third and fourth stringers.

Still, Quinn didn't have control who he played against, and he looked poised and threw good balls for the most part. He still sucks.
I agree.

It was a good experience for him, but wake me when he does well against a starting pre-season defense and we'll re-visit.

Thunder Dan
08-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Atleast he didn't look like shit against the 3rd team

Cant_Be_Faded
08-19-2007, 06:32 PM
He'd be less effective if his name was not Brady.

StylisticS
08-19-2007, 06:41 PM

Well yeah. Until that time, I'll be loving a top 5 pick in next year's draft.

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller to name a few, and you can go ahead and add Brady Quinn to this list.

mardigan
08-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller to name a few, and you can go ahead and add Brady Quinn to this list.
Why's that?

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Why's that?

Because he is not going to live up to the hype thats why.

florige
08-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Man I would be pissed big time if this guy goes on to have a hall of fame stint. We (Ravens) were this close to getting him and Cleveland traded Dallas I think for him and moved up and got him. With the problem we had with QB's... Man I would be pissed!! :bang

TheZackAttack!
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Man I would be pissed big time if this guy goes on to have a hall of fame stint. We (Ravens) were this close to getting him and Cleveland traded Dallas I think for him and moved up and got him. With the problem we had with QB's... Man I would be pissed!! :bang

I wouldn't worry about it man.

florige
08-21-2007, 12:46 PM

I wouldn't want to disrespect any of those guys name listed and put Boller in the same sentence. Leaf, Couch, Smith (not sure about Smith and Carr) were at the very least Heisman canidates. Granted Billick didn't help matters none by throwing him to the wolves in his first year.

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't want to disrespect any of those guys name listed and put Boller in the same sentence. Leaf, Couch, Smith (not sure about Smith and Carr) were at the very least Heisman canidates. Granted Billick didn't help matters none by throwing him to the wolves in his first year.

Not talking about their careers in college, just how they fared in the NFL.

peewee's lovechild
08-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Because he is not going to live up to the hype thats why.

It's funny how people were saying that about Peton Manning.

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 12:59 PM
It's funny how people were saying that about Peton Manning.

Don't compare Quinn to Manning. That is just stupid. 22 teams didn't pass on Manning now did they. And don't say all those 22 teams had their QB problems solved and thats why they passed on Quinn. If those teams thought they were getting a Peyton Manning, they would'nt of passed on Quinn. Cowboys made the right move here.

mardigan
08-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Don't compare Quinn to Manning. That is just stupid. 22 teams didn't pass on Manning now did they. And don't say all those 22 teams had their QB problems solved and thats why they passed on Quinn. If those teams thought they were getting a Peyton Manning, they would'nt of passed on Quinn. Cowboys made the right move here.
So if he slipped so far in the draft, then how does he have a lot of hype?

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM

That's what boggles my mind. ESPN and all these writers cover him more than any other draft pick this past year.

peewee's lovechild
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM

So, if those 22 teams didn't have their QB problems solved, why didn't they draft any QB, regardless of Quinn??

And, I can compare Manning to Quinn because they both had stellar numbers in college and they both came up short in big games.

The Cowboys made a good pick, but if Romo doesn't pan out . . . we will regret the move.

ATRAIN
08-21-2007, 01:26 PM

You know damn well Carr was a good qb, but he didnt have a line. Now he is shell shocked!!

florige
08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
That's what boggles my mind. ESPN and all these writers cover him more than any other draft pick this past year.

I think that was the main reason because he did fall so far. Didn't Leinart get alot of attention the year before when he fell to like 15 or something?

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
So, if those 22 teams didn't have their QB problems solved, why didn't they draft any QB, regardless of Quinn??

And, I can compare Manning to Quinn because they both had stellar numbers in college and they both came up short in big games.

The Cowboys made a good pick, but if Romo doesn't pan out . . . we will regret the move.

Very few of those teams have a QB in place to build around. The other teams obviously didn't value Quinn that much after extensively evaluating him and thats why they passed. If you want to talk about numbers in college then go ahead and throw in any Texas Tech QB over the past 5 years and compare him to Manning. They have really good numbers just like Manning, but we all know there is a big difference between them and Manning........But anyway, Romo will pan out and will have another Pro-Bowl year.

peewee's lovechild
08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Very few of those teams have a QB in place to build around. The other teams obviously didn't value Quinn that much after extensively evaluating him and thats why they passed. If you want to talk about numbers in college then go ahead and throw in any Texas Tech QB over the past 5 years and compare him to Manning. They have really good numbers just like Manning, but we all know there is a big difference between them and Manning........But anyway, Romo will pan out and will have another Pro-Bowl year.

You really aren't making sense at all.

You can't see past the Manning of now vs. the Manning of then.

Brady Quinn and Peton Manning got the same amount of hype and they both put up great numbers in college, and they both choked in big games as well.

That's all I'm saying.

Did I say that he's already as good as Manning??? No. But, you obviously have trouble reading.

peewee's lovechild
08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I think that was the main reason because he did fall so far. Didn't Leinart get alot of attention the year before when he fell to like 15 or something?

But, according to some here, Leinart sucks.

Whatever.

leemajors
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM

Whatever.
that's mainly because of jgw. it will be interesting to see how he fares this year. depends a lot on his line though. they were terrible last year.

peewee's lovechild
08-21-2007, 02:08 PM
that's mainly because of jgw. it will be interesting to see how he fares this year. depends a lot on his line though. they were terrible last year.

He really wasn't all that bad last year.
He showed flashes of brilliance, but he did look like a rook last year . . . because he was a rook.

He'll be a very good quarterback.

mardigan
08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
No 22 teams didnt pass on Manning, but the Colts almost took Leaf, so that should tell you something.
Just because a guy gets passed up in the draft automatically means he sucks?
What about guys like Bulger and Brady? How many teams passed on them?

peewee's lovechild
08-21-2007, 02:16 PM
No 22 teams didnt pass on Manning, but the Colts almost took Leaf, so that should tell you something.

My sentiments exactly.

Squid
08-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I think Ryan Leaf's NFL career is very underrated.

Thunder Dan
08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
You know damn well Carr was a good qb, but he didnt have a line. Now he is shell shocked!!

same can be said for Couch. Couch wasn't a bad QB, he was just ruined both physically and mentally by getting sacked 6 times a game and not having anyone to throw a ball to. Now he has a shoulder hurt so bad it is beyond repair.

BeerIsGood!
08-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Quinn could be a great QB, but you have to look at the situation. First, he plays for the Browns. IF the Browns ever get any kind of a good OL and running game going that would help Quinn out dramatically. I have my doubts on whether that will ever happen given the Browns' track record since they came back as an expansion team. Without those people around him, Quinn will struggle in the NFL. He doesn't have Vick speed or VY and Vick agility, so he's going to be an easy target without a good OL.

And regarding the Cowboys not drafting him, why would they? They have needs elsewhere, and already have a young QB who has actually shown that he can play NFL ball. Why draft Quinn and have to pay him the big 1st round QB bucks when you know you're going to have to give Romo big money at some point this season if you want to keep him? Jerry Jones doesn't want to pay big 1st round QB money to rookie backup. That would be incredibly stupid. Jones did the right thing - use the 1st rounder on the big time key position for the Phillips 34 and get an additional 2008 1st out of it. Then get help with the OL in free agency (L. Davis). With a solid OL and defense behind him Romo can manage games while not having to resort to gunslinging to get a win. It's all set up well, but we'll start seeing if he can do it consistently in a few weeks.

DarkReign
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM

2 words.

Notre. Dame.

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 05:43 PM

I agree, but just because Quinn played for N.D. and put up big numbers doesn't mean he is going to dominate the NFL either. What it tells you after evaluating Brady, he wasn't graded a top 10 pick. Besides we have seen more 1st round QB busts, especially guys drafted in the late 1st round, than studs. But there is a big difference between Quinn and guys like Bulger and T. Brady. Bulger and Brady didn't come into the league with the hype Quinn has. The league is scattered with great players taken late in the draft. Im saying after watching Quinn the last 2 years(how can you not after so many N.D. games are televised), he remindes me of guys like Couch and Harrington and I don't think he will be a stud in the NFL. And I think the Cowboys made the right choice passing on him, gaining a key pass rusher for Wade's aggressive 3-4, and gaining a high 1st rounder next year. We do have a Pro-Bowl QB after all.

mardigan
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I agree, but just because Quinn played for N.D. and put up big numbers doesn't mean he is going to dominate the NFL either. What it tells you after evaluating Brady, he wasn't graded a top 10 pick. Besides we have seen more 1st round QB busts, especially guys drafted in the late 1st round, than studs. But there is a big difference between Quinn and guys like Bulger and T. Brady. Bulger and Brady didn't come into the league with the hype Quinn has. The league is scattered with great players taken late in the draft. Im saying after watching Quinn the last 2 years(how can you not after so many N.D. games are televised), he remindes me of guys like Couch and Harrington and I don't think he will be a stud in the NFL. And I think the Cowboys made the right choice passing on him, gaining a key pass rusher for Wade's aggressive 3-4, and gaining a high 1st rounder next year. We do have a Pro-Bowl QB after all.
I know he has hype but hell man its not really his fault. I mean yea he went to ND where all their games are televised, but who wouldnt want to play qb at ND? All Im saying is you shouldnt wish for someone to fail because of their hype, you hope for someone to fail because the Cowboys have their first round pick next year

peewee's lovechild
08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
you hope for someone to fail because the Cowboys have their first round pick next year

:lol :lol

emo serb
08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
not sure if it has been mentioned cause im too lazy to read this whole thread, while brady did put up good numbers, he did it against detroits 3rd defense AND they were laying off on everyone, most of his passes were short to a wide open running back who then ran about 10 to 20 yards. he barely threw down the field at all.

TheSanityAnnex
08-21-2007, 11:36 PM
We do have a Pro-Bowl QB after all.:lmao :donkey

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I know he has hype but hell man its not really his fault. I mean yea he went to ND where all their games are televised, but who wouldnt want to play qb at ND? All Im saying is you shouldnt wish for someone to fail because of their hype,

I just saying I think he will end up in the catagory of Harrington, Couch, etc, and the Cowboys made an excellent trade out of that spot and gaining a high 1st rounder next year. I just don't think he will be that good on the NFL level. Especially after witnessing back to back losses to USC and LSU where he completed less than 50% and looked horrible.

you hope for someone to fail because the Cowboys have their first round pick next year

Nice. Thats pretty funny

O-Factor
08-21-2007, 11:47 PM
:lmao :donkey

What? He wasn't in the Pro-Bowl?

BeerIsGood!
08-21-2007, 11:48 PM
What? He wasn't in the Pro-Bowl?

I saw him there.

TheSanityAnnex
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Being in the Pro-Bowl and calling someone an All-Pro QB are two COMPLETELY different things.

O-Factor
08-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Being in the Pro-Bowl and calling someone an All-Pro QB are two COMPLETELY different things.

I never called him an All-Pro, but he will get there. I called him a Pro-Bowl QB you fucking moron can't you read or are you just being a stupid twat?

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 01:13 AM
You did only say, "we do have a Pro-Bowl QB" and again..............:lmao

BeerIsGood!
08-22-2007, 01:43 AM
I saw him in the Pro-Bowl.

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Did you also watch the second half of the season?

BeerIsGood!
08-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Did you also watch the second half of the season?

Yes, I did. I watched the defense fail to cover anyone and fail to make adjustments to abandon the secondary cover 2 in order to keep Williams and the rookie Watkins from getting smoked in coverage. That was the real reason for the decline in wins, not all on Romo. They looked like UT's defense at the end of the season - UT's 99th in the country against the pass but 4th against the run defense. Considering he had to get ready and seasoned in a hurry, he had a really good season.

I just hope this new staff is more able to react to the adjustments other teams make against the defense. Parcells is a great football coach, but his defense was far too stagnant and since he forced it on D Coordinator Mike Zimmer, Zim didn't know what the hell to do to adjust it. Zim's a 4-3 guy. You seem like a die hard Charger - how was Wade at adjusting his defensive strategy to match adjustments that opponents make? I only watched 2 Charger games last year so I really don't know much about his scheme.

Horry For 3!
08-22-2007, 02:31 AM

I'm not mad that the Cowboys passed on him. We got the Browns 1st pick in next year's draft which means we will be able to get Brian Brohm, maybe Darren McFadden, DeSean Jackson, Joe Thomas.

peewee's lovechild
08-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm not mad that the Cowboys passed on him. We got the Browns 1st pick in next year's draft which means we will be able to get Brian Brohm, maybe Darren McFadden, DeSean Jackson, Joe Thomas.

As of now, Brian Brohm is the only quarterback worth taking. And, he might be gone before we can take him depending on what the Browns do.

However, if we do end up with Brohm, I'll shut up about Quinn.

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 10:35 AM
You seem like a die hard Charger - how was Wade at adjusting his defensive strategy to match adjustments that opponents make? I only watched 2 Charger games last year so I really don't know much about his scheme.Wade seemed great until we got into third and long situations or had a big lead and needed to close out a game. I'm not sure if this problem was Wade or Shotty taking over but we'd always get burned down the stretch playing in Cover 2 and not pressuring the QB. Wade's defenses were great until he got conservative.

monosylab1k
08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure if this problem was Wade or Shotty taking over
probably Marty. in that playoff game, the second Marty put on that headset in the 2nd half, EVERYONE knew that the Chargers were done for.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-22-2007, 11:56 AM
All Im saying is you shouldnt wish for someone to fail because of their hype, you hope for someone to fail because the Cowboys have their first round pick next year
:lmao

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM

Do you mean Jake Long? IMO, he is a better T prospect than both top 5 picks this year, Thomas and Brown.

Horry For 3!
08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Do you mean Jake Long? IMO, he is a better T prospect than both top 5 picks this year, Thomas and Brown.
Yeah, something like that.

peewee's lovechild
08-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Wade seemed great until we got into third and long situations or had a big lead and needed to close out a game. I'm not sure if this problem was Wade or Shotty taking over but we'd always get burned down the stretch playing in Cover 2 and not pressuring the QB. Wade's defenses were great until he got conservative.

So, now it's Wade's fault????

You don't want to place any blame on the HEAD COACH????

What's wrong with you?

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 01:59 PM
So, now it's Wade's fault????

You don't want to place any blame on the HEAD COACH????

What's wrong with you?Wade was the defensive coordinator and has been known to resort to his cover 2 scheme when he has a lead. How does that have anything to do with the head coach? And I don't see anywhere I blamed Wade for anything to begin with. I simply stated that he tends to let up and not be as aggresive on third and longs and with a lead. That is fact.

And I'm not just speaking about the playoff game, I'm talking about the entire season. Did you watch every single Charger game since Wade was there? Do you know the in's and out's of Wade's playcalling? Do you know his strengths and weaknesses?

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 02:00 PM
probably Marty. in that playoff game, the second Marty put on that headset in the 2nd half, EVERYONE knew that the Chargers were done for.Not to turn this into a Marty thread, but I still don't blame Marty for that playoff loss. He had that team in a postion to win and the PLAYERS fucked that game up. Stupid personal foul, fumbled punt, fumbled interception. Marty putting on the headset had nothing to do with that.

Now back to Quinn. I think he'll be average at best. No shot at being a superstar.

08-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes, and the Lions will own* the Chargers this year.

*Stay within 17 points

08-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Now back to Quinn. I think he'll be average at best. No shot at being a superstar.

Quinn has a lot of Joey Harrington/David Carr in him.

He has a good arm, bad footwork and horrid pocket presence, but those things can be fixed. IMO, strictly a system QB.

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 02:22 PM
He'll need to be surrounded with talent, unfortunately..........he's on the Browns.

BeerIsGood!
08-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Wade seemed great until we got into third and long situations or had a big lead and needed to close out a game. I'm not sure if this problem was Wade or Shotty taking over but we'd always get burned down the stretch playing in Cover 2 and not pressuring the QB. Wade's defenses were great until he got conservative.

That's what I was afraid you'd say. Hopefully he realizes quickly that when Roy Williams is one of your safeties the cover 2 is going to get exploited quickly if you don't pressure the QB. I'm not sure how good Hamlin is in coverage, but surely he's better than Roy. As far as I can tell in PS Wade's using mostly a 3 deep shell in the secondary in their base formation, but I'm not sure what they'll do in the nickle and dime packages. I guess we'll find out, but in 3 1/2 quarters of 1st team game the 3rd down D has been pretty good out of mostly the base formation.

BeerIsGood!
08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
As of now, Brian Brohm is the only quarterback worth taking. And, he might be gone before we can take him depending on what the Browns do.

However, if we do end up with Brohm, I'll shut up about Quinn.

I hope that the Cowboys will not be in a position to have to use that pick on Brohm or any QB. That's the absolute worst case scenario.

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
That's what I was afraid you'd say. Hopefully he realizes quickly that when Roy Williams is one of your safeties the cover 2 is going to get exploited quickly if you don't pressure the QB. I'm not sure how good Hamlin is in coverage, but surely he's better than Roy. As far as I can tell in PS Wade's using mostly a 3 deep shell in the secondary in their base formation, but I'm not sure what they'll do in the nickle and dime packages. I guess we'll find out, but in 3 1/2 quarters of 1st team game the 3rd down D has been pretty good out of mostly the base formation.I was always baffled when after three quarters of pressuring the QB and having success, Wade let off on the QB and went zone. Made no sense to me. Stick with what's working.

BeerIsGood!
08-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Sometimes coaches out-think themselves. They get into a strategy game with the opponent and make moves that may not be necessary. To me, if you find a scheme or strategy that works well, use it until they adjust to stop it. Then adjust to try something else once they stop it.

The absolute worst is when a scheme is getting exploited to shreds yet the team doesn't make any adjustments or changes. That's what happened to the Bears in the Super Bowl last year - they played soft coverage all game long and Manning just hit his TE and backs with 5 to 10 yrd gains over and over. I know you have to respect their deep routes, but at least give them different looks and switch it up a little.

peewee's lovechild
08-22-2007, 03:18 PM
I hope that the Cowboys will not be in a position to have to use that pick on Brohm or any QB. That's the absolute worst case scenario.

Agreed.

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
The absolute worst is when a scheme is getting exploited to shreds yet the team doesn't make any adjustments or changes. That's what happened to the Bears in the Super Bowl last year - they played soft coverage all game long and Manning just hit his TE and backs with 5 to 10 yrd gains over and over. I know you have to respect their deep routes, but at least give them different looks and switch it up a little.Manning can not deal with pressure well and doesn't move well in the pocket when that pressure comes. I'm hoping to see the Colts in the playoffs so I can watch both Shawne and Shaun chase him around all day.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Has anyone ever imagined a QB with the same exact skillset as Brady, but black, and not from Notre Dame?

BeerIsGood!
08-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Has anyone ever imagined a QB with the same exact skillset as Brady, but black, and not from Notre Dame?

Akili Smith? :smokin

peewee's lovechild
08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Akili Smith? :smokin

:lol :lol :lol

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Whatever.

So far he is 4/7 17 yrds passing and 1 int against the 49ers D. No, he doesn't suck at all. :jack

scott
09-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Did Tony officially shut up the "we should have drafted Brady Quinn" crowd yesterday?

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 10:51 PM
So far he is 4/7 17 yrds passing and 1 int against the 49ers D. No, he doesn't suck at all. :jack

Leinart is the most overrated, gayest of gay QB's in the NFL. Boldin and Fitz are absolutely wasted on a team that has that scrub throwing to them.\

And guess what? He slipped in the draft because everyone not as stupid as Arizona could see that he's a scrub. Who else fits that mold? Brady suck ass Quinn.

midgetonadonkey
09-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Leinart is the most overrated, gayest of gay QB's in the NFL. Boldin and Fitz are absolutely wasted on a team that has that scrub throwing to them.\

And guess what? He slipped in the draft because everyone not as stupid as Arizona could see that he's a scrub. Who else fits that mold? Brady suck ass Quinn.

I concur.

peewee's lovechild
09-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Brady Quinn = Tom Brady = Joe Montana.