PDA

View Full Version : The truth behind the Karl-Kobe rift comes out ...

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 04:38 AM
OMG ... what losers ....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/la-sp-simers12dec12,1,5068426.column?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

I'm going to write two words here, and while they might disgust you, I'm going to ask you not to immediately crumple your newspaper and throw it across the room.

OK, here goes: Kobe Bryant.

There's almost nothing you can say these days as it relates to the Lakers without drawing a line in the stands between the Kobe lovers and the Kobe haters, and now here's more fodder to ponder.

Both Bryant and Karl Malone — speaking through his agent, Dwight Manley — confirmed Saturday night that they had a major falling out involving Bryant's wife, Vanessa, two weeks before the Bryant radio interview that had supposedly ticked off Malone so much.

Before Saturday night's game with the Clippers, Bryant listened as I relayed the story that's going around town, and when I finished, he said, that's true.

On Nov. 23, the night the Lakers played the Bucks at Staples Center, Vanessa was talking on the phone to Malone's wife, Kaye. Kaye gave Vanessa her husband's cellphone number, and Vanessa called Malone, who was sitting at courtside, and invited Malone's child to join her.

Malone, wearing cowboy boots and a hat, eventually took the child to Vanessa.

Malone hugged Vanessa, and then Vanessa asked — as Manley recounts this part of the story — "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?"

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered the second time, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

After the game Vanessa told Bryant that Malone had come on to her, and said several inappropriate things. She also told Bryant that she had called Malone's wife and asked Kaye to get her husband away from her.

Bryant called Malone on his cellphone after the game, and Bryant laid into Malone. Bryant said Malone didn't have much to say in return and didn't deny anything.

What's a husband supposed to do when your wife tells you something like that? Bryant wanted to know as we talked.

Bryant said he was uncomfortable discussing the incident and he would have preferred to keep it quiet, but the New York Post reported this week that Malone was seen giving Vanessa a big hug, and then "somehow Malone managed to cross Vanessa" and got on her "frosty side."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER I talked to Bryant, I relayed the same story to Manley and asked for the opportunity to talk to Malone and hear his version.

"Karl wants me to give you two messages," Manley said after calling Malone. "He never hit on Vanessa, nor would he…. In fact, when he first heard about [the accusation], he said, 'You have to be kidding me.'

"As for the comments he made to her that offended her personally, he told both her and Kobe that night that he apologized."

Manley said that after Malone apologized, "Kobe followed that with a string of threats."

Bryant said he was upset but he said that he made no threats and was only coming to the defense of his wife, and that he told Malone to stay away from his wife.

Bryant said when he did the radio interview with XTRA (690/1150) he never mentioned anything about the simmering feud between the two because he didn't want to take personal shots at Malone.

Manley said Bryant called the Malone home the next day with more threats, and that Malone's wife listened in on a speaker phone.

Bryant said that both he and his wife called the Malones the next day in an attempt to work things out but failed.

The Bryants' second-day phone call and continuing accusations infuriated Malone and that led him to effectively end his relationship with the Lakers. The subsequent radio interview with XTRA allowed the rift between the two to go public without any mention of the soap opera — until now.

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 04:39 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!

:lmao

It cracks me up that both sides admit that it was this thing with Vanessa that got them fighting.

timvp
12-12-2004, 04:45 AM
I told all you freaks that we don't need Malone on this team. He's a Drama Queen with a hankering for underage women. He's the NBA's biggest choker of all-time. He's a part-time WWF wrestler. His main goal is to make as many halftime specials as possible to further his upcoming movie career.

I can't believe you, Spurs fans.

http://www.nba.com/theater/images/gallery/jordan_malone_gm6.jpg

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 04:46 AM
After this comment: 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' I don't think he's coming to San Antonio.

So if I'm reading this article correctly, then Malone admits that he made the comments and there was an argument with Kobe afterward, but is saying that he wasn't picking up on Vanessa, right?

ChumpDumper
12-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Damn, Yoko has got nothing on this bitch.

timvp
12-12-2004, 04:48 AM
Yeah and he thought Cheryl Ford's mom was 12 not 10.

Riiiiiiight.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/1999/02/05/nba_tipoff/t1_jordan_ap.jpg

timvp
12-12-2004, 04:51 AM
http://www.2ndamendment.net/common/nandoNews/displayImage/457707908907108227.jpg

Please don't let my wife read this article.

timvp
12-12-2004, 04:53 AM
http://www.geocities.com/kkl181/Photos/19972/malone_stockton_gm5.jpeg

Blind Witness
12-12-2004, 05:02 AM
umm...all I can say is...wow. although she is pretty hot.

whottt
12-12-2004, 05:23 AM
He's a part-time WWF wrestler. .

Part time wrestler in WCW, pretty bad diss of the WWE...

Apologize?

And that picture with Stockton is sad...

Karl Malone took Stockton's ring. Stockton was up to the task of leading the Jazz into taking down Jordan...Malone screwed him.

Mr. Body
12-12-2004, 05:30 AM
Terrible. I don't want anybody to air their dirty laundry and I certainly don't want to read about it. Bad decision to write this article, very bad.

iminlakerland
12-12-2004, 05:35 AM
Man WTF...Karl stfu. Kobe stfu.

This is pathetic!

mattyc
12-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Malone, wearing cowboy boots and a hat, eventually took the child to Vanessa.

Malone hugged Vanessa, and then Vanessa asked — as Manley recounts this part of the story — "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?"

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered the second time, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

:rolleyes :lmao

Jeez this guy is a piece of rubbish. Could you imagine the drama he'd try and bring to little ol' San Antone?

BronxCowboy
12-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Fuckin' biggot asshole MALone. Surely the Spurs have lost interest by now

boutons
12-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Actually, "little Mexican girls" is probably the real reason the pedophile Malone would be interested in "playing" in SA. :)

Solid D
12-12-2004, 09:36 AM
It's hard to know for sure but it sounds like maybe a little jealousy ploy by Vanessa. Vanessa set up the scenario.

maxpower
12-12-2004, 09:37 AM
*cue* Melrose Place Theme song.

You could not write this drama for t.v. The myopia is strong in this one.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Terrible. I don't want anybody to air their dirty laundry and I certainly don't want to read about it. Bad decision to write this article, very bad.

Both Bryant and Karl Malone — speaking through his agent, Dwight Manley — confirmed Saturday night that they had a major falling out involving Bryant's wife, Vanessa, two weeks before the Bryant radio interview that had supposedly ticked off Malone so much.

Wouldn't this have been a sign that you should have stopped reading if you didn't want to know about their personal lives?

Gummi
12-12-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't think Malone would bring any drama to San Antonio. Before he signed with the Lakers he never made the news in Utah for things off the court. Maybe when he was a free agent and wanted more money then the Jazz owner Larry Miller wanted to give him, but that's basically it.

I can't see why this such a bad thing. The way I look at it is Malone making a joke just as Vanessa did. What are you hunting? I take that as a joke from Vanessa, so Malone answered her joke by making fun of her. She made fun of his clothing and style so he made fun of her. To me his answer is funny.

I'm sure Malone has seen hundreds of Vanessa's over his career and I'm sure he's not trying to make a move on her.

Rummpd
12-12-2004, 11:18 AM
This should be a movie the Lakers last year etc. What a waste of talent amid ego's deception and now a "Desesperado Housewife". I don't believe Kobe's wife side fully on this one at all.

I also don't believe Malone is retired fully one bit. The house they are supposedly building in New Orleans is probably one for a "future truck driver's ex wife and kids".

Now I am glad he is not going to SA period.

MadDoc

picnroll
12-12-2004, 11:32 AM
If Malone did end up with the Spurs what are the chances Kobe would live through a SA - LA series? Say what you want about Malone, he's not a guy you want to be on the court against if he's got a strong personal grudge against you.

CavsSuperFan
12-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Well I guess there are different ways to look at this....Vanessa is a very beautiful woman and while I am not one to move in on another mans turf...I have read, (maybe you guys have too) That Kobe has outside interests... :lol

Heck....'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls too!' " :smokin

http://www.edthibodeau.com/nonplussed/vanessa_bryant.jpg

T Park
12-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Of course, since its written its got to be true right?

Sounds to me like there is BS all the way around.

Vanessa AND Kobe are both wackos so who the hell knows.

IcemanCometh
12-12-2004, 12:05 PM
http://www.im-using-the-inter.net/img/mexishen2.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Karl's what, 41? 42? Technically speaking from his perspective Kobe's 24 year old or whatever she is wife would be a "little Mexican girl" to him.

It sounds to me like she was trying to be seductive or funny, and Karl responded in kind. What's the big deal? Maybe Kobe is afraid Karl has more "game" than him.

Oh, and I would welcome Karl to the Spurs. He'd be a great enforcer, and as evidenced from the playoffs last year he's still up to playing great D (he took it to both TD and KG).

T Park
12-12-2004, 03:53 PM
agree 100% aggie.

Like i said, both vanessa and kobe are nuts anyways.

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 03:56 PM
So, you don't see anything wrong with the "little mexican girls" comment?

timvp
Of course, since its written its got to be true right?

Sounds to me like there is BS all the way around.

Vanessa AND Kobe are both wackos so who the hell knows.

Um ... all parties agree that it happened.

I thought you were an upstanding republican who looked down on these type of things.

Guess not.

:smokin

thispego
Definitely sounds like innocent banter to me... Vanessa just sounds like one of those controversy craving bitches we all know so well... sounds pretty high school to me...
Bring Malone to SA, he would be far more of a help than a hindrance... if at all a hindrance.

adidas11
12-12-2004, 04:00 PM
This entire story is bullshit. From start to finish.

Oh, and is everyone starting to notice a common link in all of these LA drama stories? Kobe vs Shaq. Kobe vs Samaki. Kobe vs Phil. Kobe vs Malone

Very interesting...

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 04:01 PM

So even the quotes from Malone's agent Manley are lies?

adidas11
12-12-2004, 04:03 PM
So even the quotes from Malone's agent Manley are lies?

Kori, untill I see a direct quote from Malone himself, or any player for that matter, I tend to not believe what I read in the papers. Notice how everything that we're hearing here is someone else quoting what they "heard".

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Well I would think a quote from Malone's agent is a pretty strong indicator that something happened. If Malone's agent wasn't the one saying that Malone made the "mexican girls" comment, then I would say Vanessa just made this up. But Malone's agent said it happened and that Malone apologized for his comments. So ... something happened.

timvp
12-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Spurs fans are trying to talk there way out of this, now. Everyone knows he's a classless, choking old man with one knee. He wouldn't bring anything but drama to San Antonio.

You know this.

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/MaloneRodmanWrestle.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Kori, untill I see a direct quote from Malone himself, or any player for that matter, I tend to not believe what I read in the papers. Notice how everything that we're hearing here is someone else quoting what they "heard".

Before Saturday night's game with the Clippers, Bryant listened as I relayed the story that's going around town, and when I finished, he said, that's true.

I see where Kobe has issued a press release stating this is untrue.

Oh, wait. There isn't one.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2004, 04:14 PM
adidas11 @ Home

http://www.goots.net/images/Noah/Noah%2011-11/I%20can't%20hear%20you.JPG

exstatic
12-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Oh, and is everyone starting to notice a common link in all of these LA drama stories? Kobe vs Shaq. Kobe vs Samaki. Kobe vs Phil. Kobe vs Malone

Los Angeles (API) Rumors swirling around the Laker club have been confirmed. The Staples Center WILL have it's roof raised for the 2007 season, and an unprecenteded fourth level inserted. Owner Jerry Buss said that the current configuration can no longer hold Kobe's ego and attitude.

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Maybe if Rasho didn't play so passively I wouldn't be so ambivalent about the prospect of Karl Malone going on 'little girl hunts' in San Antonio de Bexar...

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Man, I bet the NBA is just wetting itself. I know the rumor is saying the Karl's got his eye on retirement but can you imagine how much fun they'd have spinning this shit if Malone went to the Heat?

At the end of the day I think Kobe's being a douche bag all over again. Malone has never had the image of a home wrecker. It just sounds like he was trying to be cute and wound up sounding like a dope. Then again maybe he behaved himself for so many years in Salt Lake City because when every guy has six wives in a town it really diminshes the amount of groupie bootie you can round up.

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 04:29 PM

It's just sexist and racist, that's all. Don't worry TPark, President George W. Bush will absolve Karl Malone of his sinful ways.

Nikos
12-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Why the Jets logo?

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Because he's a huge Jets fan.

Nikos
12-12-2004, 04:55 PM
I am a Jets fan as well. But I am suprised he is?

ducks
12-12-2004, 04:57 PM
jets better win today

I picked them

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Yes Nikos, a little known FSP fact is that Ghost and I are both Jets fans.

timvp
12-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Like the Spurs don't have enough problems closing out fourth quarters. Yeah, lets add the biggest choker it sport history to the mix.

:shootme

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 05:05 PM
For the record, Malone whined about shit in Utah. He's generally an ass but he's still an ass who will play like a NBA big is supposed to play. As a role player he'd be fine. DRob wasn't exactly clutch in the postseason prior to the arrival of TD.

Slomo
12-12-2004, 05:27 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/album04/Drama_Queen.jpg.

timvp
12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
:lmao

Classic.

sickdsm
12-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh my God, anyone that gets offended by that comment already has their panties in a bunch. Its hard to point the blame because pretty much everyone here i would say thinks so little of Kobe, Malone and its hard to respect a woman who stays with kobe after he bought her love back but get real. Did any of you people that have a problem with that ever FLIRT? Or better yet, ever GET SOME??? I geuss he could have worded it, Hunting cute little things like yourself but that's kinda lame. If you took it as prowling for little kids your an idiot. It was innocent flirting, the kind that happans every day among coworkers, best friends, hell, even family.

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 05:32 PM
You're right Minny fan. Karl needs to rape a girl, then that'd be offensive.

grjr
12-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Like the Spurs don't have enough problems closing out fourth quarters. Yeah, lets add the biggest choker it sport history to the mix.

:shootme
Could you remind me how many times the Spurs have beaten Malone in the playoffs?

iminlakerland
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
If i was kobe and someone made that comment towards my wife id be pissed to. Sheeyit.

But damn this entire damn drama shit is ridiculous.

timvp
12-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Can you remind me how many championships Malone won with a top-five point guard and coach at his side for like 20 years?

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 05:37 PM
After the game Vanessa told Bryant that Malone had come on to her, and said several inappropriate things.

"As for the comments he made to her that offended her personally, he told both her and Kobe that night that he apologized."

Apparently he said more than just the "little mexican girls" comment. So I don't think anyone can dismiss what he said as trivial without knowing what else was said.

baseline bum
12-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Can you tell me who had the ball stolen from him after Stockton seemingly iced the game (and likely a championship) with a 3 in game 6 of the 98 Finals? Can you tell me the guy who put up 8 points in elimination games 2 years in a row or the guy who got abused by Kemp in game 7 of the 96 WCF? Malone is title kryptonite and will die ringless.

sickdsm
12-12-2004, 05:43 PM

Thats a direct response to that.

MB: You seem to think he was talking about little girls? Like he was going to rape them? I'm taking it for what its worth, your reading waaayyyy to much into it. But your only half way right. He said he was hunting them, not raping them. I bet he has a bunch of litl' gal heads mounted in his trophy room next to his grizzly bear and his NBA gear right?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2004, 05:44 PM

Not when it's said after a ho like this

Says

Hey cowboy, what are you hunting?

TWICE.

Look at Vanessa Bryant, you know she's a skank, a hot one admittedly, and with the history the two couples had I don't see why it's a big deal.

Maybe Kobe's pissed because he heard Vanessa was going to go on a hunting trip with Karl?

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Look, it was a stupid fucking thing for him to say on so many levels.

GrandeDavid
12-12-2004, 06:26 PM
That Vanessa is an immature, money-hungry little ho with apparently very shallow character. :princess

Karl is and will always be sensitive. :rolleyes

Kobe is fast becoming a sinking ship in a stormy sea. He has burned more bridges imaginable. Its a shame he has all that game to accompany that distraught personality.

Medvedenko
12-12-2004, 06:31 PM
You know what the saddest thing in this whole shitstorm really is.....These recent "comments" out of both camps wouldn't even make a dent if this happened last year or the year before. The media is just trying to manufacture drama out of useless comments and remarks. This is sickening, petty and immature from the media and all the outlets that choose to carry it. The NBA has a lot of good, but all we hear is Malone's penchant for Mexicans and Kobe's whiny attitude. This has to end...for God's sake.

whottt
12-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Can you remind me how many championships Malone won with a top-five point guard and coach at his side for like 20 years?

Can you remind me why Drob didn't win a title back in the day? Oh wait, you just did.

whottt
12-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Malone was just flirting harmlessly...I've seen Jim say things a lot more suggestive than that on this forum. And while his mexican girl comments may have seemed racist...there's one thing that proves they weren't...he's not white and everyone knows...it's only racist if white people say something about race. I'm not joking, that is the way the American culture is in this present day and age and Karl Malone probably didn't think twice about what he said.

adidas is right, Kobe's always at the center of crap. Malone is a choker though..and a drama queen in his own right.

iminlakerland
12-12-2004, 06:48 PM
See i dontk now how Vanessa becomes a HO in all of this. What was wrong with her comment. Karl is a self admitted cowboy. If you guys think her comments warranted the comment Karl said you all are morons. I bet each and everyone of you guys who claim that Kobe overreacted are full of shit. If that was your wife or your girlfriend you guys would be pissed as hell as well.

sickdsm
12-12-2004, 06:49 PM
The media is just trying to manufacture drama out of useless comments and remarks.

Hmmm, isn't that what the media has been doing the last 10 years? whether its politcs, natural disasters or sports.

I'd suggest you bump up your health insurance because your going to be sick the rest of your life then.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Not when it's said after a ho like this

Says

Hey cowboy, what are you hunting?

TWICE.

I'm with AHF on this one.

Assuming this story is true, Vanessa was "fishing" with her "hunting" line, and then when Malone responded in kind, she went running back to stir up trouble.

Medvedenko
12-12-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm Canadian.....

iminlakerland
12-12-2004, 07:01 PM
If anyone is a HO in the relationship. It's Kobe not Vanessa. His sexual escapades prove that. Is she a HO because she married Kobe Bryant a young age? Is she a HO because she is a married to a basketball player? Is she a ho because she is still with Kobe after he cheated on her? I mean how the hell is she a HO?

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Mrs. Bryant might have a license to be a little loose if you believe in the 'payback' sort of thing.

Marcus Bryant
12-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Maybe Kolby should buy his love a pair of these (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_14/602-8975689-9199054?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0006MQ2L8):

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006MQ2L8.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

They call them "chastity underwear" at Blue Q, but we question whether these hot little low-rise hipster briefs would do much good in terms of guarding. In fact, we might go so far as to recommend NOT wearing them if you're expecting to ward off any impure thoughts. They're gilded panties, for the love of Saint Agnes. Elaborately ornamented, with a golden lock at the front and center, they are designed to "keep the royal treasures under lock and key" and even have the words "safe & secure" . . .

iminlakerland
12-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Is there any proof that she has cheated on him in order to get payback?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2004, 07:57 PM
See i dontk now how Vanessa becomes a HO in all of this. What was wrong with her comment. Karl is a self admitted cowboy. If you guys think her comments warranted the comment Karl said you all are morons.

Tattoo on her lower back? That's the ho tag. In all seriousness, she's just got the look. Nothing was wrong with her comments, she was flirting/coming on to Karl, he responded in kind. Who cares?

If you want to be technical about it, she is smaller than Malone, making her "little". She is a girl (at least I hope she's not hiding something down there). And there's no denying her ethnicity.

If only Karl would have said "vertically challenged Mexican American female", then this wouldn't be a big deal.

I bet each and everyone of you guys who claim that Kobe overreacted are full of shit. If that was your wife or your girlfriend you guys would be pissed as hell as well.

If "that" was my wife, I wouldn't be fucking around with 19 year olds. She's fine.

Is she a HO because she is a married to a basketball player? Is she a ho because she is still with Kobe after he cheated on her? I mean how the hell is she a HO?

She's a ho because she used to be a stripper. Case closed. Would you be happier if I called her a gold digger?

violentkitten
12-12-2004, 08:01 PM
what do you have against strippers aggie? you must only get it up for sheep.

baseline bum
12-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Can you remind me why Drob didn't win a title back in the day? Oh wait, you just did.

What does Karl Malone have to do with the Rockets?

1Parker1
12-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Vanessa used to be a stripper? Is that true? I never heard of this...

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Nothing against strippers kitty, but I've never met one that's exactly got a chastity belt on, if you know what I mean.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2004, 08:29 PM
They always get upset when he asks for change.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2004, 08:56 PM
What makes her a ho is the part about running back tattling after FISHING for a response.

There's nothing wrong with harmless flirting. It's when you try to act all offended when someone responds to the flirt that's all f*&^'d up.

iminlakerland
12-12-2004, 09:51 PM
I thought Vanessa was a Music Video Dancer. Never knew she was a stripper. Im not sure where you got that from.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I caught that somewhere buried in an LA news report last year during all the rape allegation business.

She was a stripper, also appeared in some rap albums as a dancer...

ShoogarBear
12-12-2004, 10:15 PM
I find it hard to believe she was a stripper, unless she did it underage, since Kobe met her at 18.

Shelly
12-12-2004, 10:18 PM
I thought she was 17 and still in high school when they met?

ShoogarBear
12-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Then that makes it even less likely.

Shelly
12-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I never heard about her being a stripper.

ETA..she was 18 when the met, but still in high school

tsb2000
12-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Either way, she's still a skank.

Kori Ellis
12-12-2004, 11:42 PM
She was never a stripper. Wasn't she a 17-year-old in high school in Long Beach when they met.

iminlakerland
12-13-2004, 12:00 AM
So please someone explain to me how she is a HO.

Medvedenko
12-13-2004, 12:05 AM
They're just insulting her...it's no big deal...I'm sure she can give a shit for all these wasted posts and conjecture.

iminlakerland
12-13-2004, 12:29 AM
Jack Haley did an interview with Kobe i guess earlier today. Kobe didnt go off on Karl at all. He was very classy explained the situation without saying anything bad about karl. Hes like i didnt go to the media i didnt say anything the next day i just came to work. He further went to explain it was a personall situation between the two. No need to talk about it in public.

But from what i hear the lil mexican girl comment wasnt the only thing that was said.

samikeyp
12-13-2004, 12:44 AM
"im Karl Malone. Karl Malone here to say dat Karl Malone likes all da peoples...'specially de little brown gals." :spin

T Park
12-13-2004, 12:49 AM
Kobe Bryant aint no saint.

Read Phil Jackson's book and youll see why.

Phil Jackson's quote

"I wasnt suprised when I was told Kobe was accused of rape"

Wtf does that tell you about the wacko.

A guy isnt suprised when his star player is accused of rape???

pathetic.

conversekid
12-13-2004, 12:54 AM
how is what he said any worst than all the "northside"... "pasty" ... comments that go on in here on a daily basis?

She flirted... he got excited thinking he was about to get some with koby's wife... he did his "karl malone" pickup line (which is about as good as his ability to win championships)... she ran and told... hook, line, sinker...

I'm no karl malone fan, but who gives a flying flip? You think none of the spurs are hanging out at the strip clubs? Ref: Allstars...

get over it.

Experiment2100
12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
So please someone explain to me how she is a HO.

I agree she's not a Ho a Ho would have divorced him and gotten half of his stuff. She's smarter than a ho and she will bleed him dry over the years.

IcemanCometh
12-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Malone was just flirting harmlessly...I've seen Jim say things a lot more suggestive than that on this forum. And while his mexican girl comments may have seemed racist...there's one thing that proves they weren't...he's not white and everyone knows...it's only racist if white people say something about race. I'm not joking, that is the way the American culture is in this present day and age and Karl Malone probably didn't think twice about what he said.

Karl Malone is whiter than Tpark

Drachen
12-13-2004, 01:17 AM
It would make sense that kobe is angry about this, since he has so much respect for his wife.

iminlakerland
12-13-2004, 01:20 AM
Look obviously kobe f'd up cheating on her. No doubt that is true. But seriously when ur wife tells you that this guy who is ur friend was hitting on her what would you do? The Lil mexican girl comment wasnt the only thing that was said thats just part of it.

Drachen
12-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I know (read about the rest of the stuff on LG.net), in a roundabout facecious (sp?) way I am trying to say, maybe he should think about that next time he gets hard over some little white girl...

P.S. I hate cheating! I am hardcore about that.

Experiment2100
12-13-2004, 01:29 AM
The Lil mexican girl comment wasnt the only thing that was said thats just part of it.

Well unfortunately that's all we are given. Without knowing the full details it is unfair to judge either parties. A certain player's fans should know what I'm talking about.

iminlakerland
12-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Well unfortunately that's all we are given. Without knowing the full details it is unfair to judge either parties. A certain player's fans should know what I'm talking about.

A fan of Kobe Bryant i dont know. Is he a player on my favorite team yes! Do i think kobe is shady and egotistical yes i do. But this entire situation is stinky. There is also a new article out you may wanna read.

Here is the LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1944994)

iminlakerland
12-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I know (read about the rest of the stuff on LG.net), in a roundabout facecious (sp?) way I am trying to say, maybe he should think about that next time he gets hard over some little white girl...

P.S. I hate cheating! I am hardcore about that.

I completely understand what your saying. Unfortunately many people including Kobe Bryant do not share the same values. But you would hope that Kobe has learned from his mistakes and dosnt repeat the same thing. But because he cheated he shouldnt protect his wife from being disrespected by someone who is supposed to be your friend?

Experiment2100
12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
A fan of Kobe Bryant i dont know. Is he a player on my favorite team yes!

I don't blame you, a know a couple of Laker fans that don't appreciate Kobe.
He's the future of that francise, my apologies

But this entire situation is stinky.
Yes it is the article(thanks for the link by the way) says that they joke around alot. If the comments were that serious why doesn't Kobe's agent say what they were. I don't think Malone would just say somethng out of the blue. It took him two questions to anwer the "hunting mexican girls."

Kori Ellis
12-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Here's an expanded version of the story. He said more than the "mexican girls" comment.

ESPN.com news services
The Kobe Bryant-Karl Malone feud has turned personal, with Bryant accusing Malone of making a pass at his wife at a game.

Rob Pelinka, the agent for Bryant, told ESPN.com Sunday night that Malone made "several inappropriate comments" to Bryant's wife, Vanessa, on Nov. 23 at a Los Angeles Lakers home game against the Milwaukee Bucks.

"Kobe and Karl had a true friendship, much more than teammates," said Pelinka. "Their wives are quite friendly as well. Kobe has told me that he feels very hurt and betrayed by what has happened."

Bryant said to reporters before Sunday night's game against Orlando, "The comments that [Malone] said, I don't know any man in this room that wouldn't be upset about that. The past month, myself, my wife, [Malone's wife] Kaye, we've had fun together. We've been out to their house, just joking around, giving each other a hard time, just clowning, being sarcastic with one another, baby-sitting kids and all that."

Asked if there could have been a misunderstanding, Bryant said, "What he said is what he said. I believe in my heart that it wasn't a misunderstanding. My wife wasn't going to stand for it. She felt uncomfortable being around him to the point that she felt she had to call his wife and tell her."

Bryant said Malone didn't deny making the comments and told him during their phone conversation, "Aw, you know, I'm sorry if I said anything that was out of line."

Bryant added, "He was like a mentor, like a brother to me, so when something like that happens, you're upset, you're hurt."

Malone could not be reached for comment. Malone's agent, Dwight Manley, told the Los Angeles Times on Sunday that Malone was asked by Vanessa Bryant, "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?" in reference to Malone wearing a cowboy hat and boots.

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.'"

Pelinka, who works for SFX and has been Bryant's agent for four years, said he was told what transpired last month by Kobe and Vanessa Bryant.

"Karl and his son were at the game sitting in the front row," Pelinka said. "Vanessa was on the cell phone talking to Karl's wife, Kaye, and Vanessa said that her son looked bored. Kaye told her to call Karl to have her son join her in her seats. Kaye gave Vanessa Karl's cell number and she called him. When she called, Karl's response was, 'Why don't you come over here and sit next to me and give me a big hug?' Vanessa said, 'Why? For what?' And Karl replied, 'If you do that it will be on the cover of every magazine in the country.'

"Vanessa didn't know what to say because this was the first time she had ever spoken to Malone without Kobe or Kaye being around. Karl continued. 'Do you like me?' Malone asked her, to which Vanessa said, 'As my friend, Kaye's husband,'" Pelinka said.

"From there Malone asked Vanessa if she could keep a secret, and that he would like to tell her something. At which point Vanessa told him she was a married woman and he was a married man who was old enough to be her father. To which Malone replied, 'Oh, like your daddy?' At that point she told me she ended the conversation," Pelinka said.

In the second half of the game, Malone sent his son to sit with the Bryants.

"Vanessa told me that she just was very uncomfortable at halftime and that Karl was acting and saying weird things." said Pelinka. "When the game ended, Vanessa walked Malone's son back to Karl. She told me that she asked Malone why he was wearing that (cowboy) hat. His response was, 'I'm hunting for young Mexican girls.' At which point Vanessa just walked away."

On the car ride home, Vanessa Bryant told Kobe what had happened. Vanessa decided to call Kaye Malone and tell her about the way her husband had spoken to her. After they hung up, Kobe Bryant called Karl Malone on his cell phone.

"Kobe told me that Karl just listened and didn't deny any of it. Kobe said Karl's only reply was, 'You know me, man.' To which Kobe told him, 'That's right, I do know you -- and stay away from my wife,'" said Pelinka. "The next day, with all four of them on the phone, Karl denied it. At that point the Bryants knew that there was nothing left to talk about since they knew Karl wasn't telling the truth. Vanessa told me that she told Kaye that she wanted her to know 'just exactly what your husband did and you do what you want with the information.'"

Last week Bryant said in a radio interview on XTRA that it was his intuition that Malone would retire. That comment led Malone to reply that he did not want to be a distraction to the Lakers and blamed Bryant for the rift.

According to Bryant, Malone told him before the season started that he was going to retire and spend more time with his family. Bryant said that Malone asked him not to speak publicly about his decision. Malone has been recovering from knee surgery and had told the Lakers that if he was going to return to play it would be with them.

timvp
12-13-2004, 02:38 AM
If the Human Halftime Special signs with the Spurs, me and baseline bum are going to move to Cleveland for the year and cheer on LeBron.

I'm sick of the Drama Queen already and he's thousands of miles away. I'll let you guys deal with it.

http://www.zerfnba.com/archivo/KarlMalone/Galeria_KarlMalone_01/KarlMalone003.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-13-2004, 02:45 AM
I agree she's not a Ho a Ho would have divorced him and gotten half of his stuff. She's smarter than a ho and she will bleed him dry over the years.

A smart ho is still a ho. And yes, like 'Sug said she's a ho for baiting and telling.

Okay, so maybe she wasn't a stripper (still think the story was legit, but if you can convince me otherwise...), she was still a rap album dancer at 17. That doesn't exactly reak of virginal fruits to me.

iminlakerland
12-13-2004, 02:50 AM
A smart ho is still a ho. And yes, like 'Sug said she's a ho for baiting and telling.

Okay, so maybe she wasn't a stripper (still think the story was legit, but if you can convince me otherwise...), she was still a rap album dancer at 17. That doesn't exactly reak of virginal fruits to me.

Wow i guess all those girls who are dancing in music vidoes are ho's and hell lets just go on a limb and say that 14 year old singer jojo is a ho as well she dances in her music videos.

Many dancers dance in music videos to build there portfolios. Also its a way for them to gain recognition. Get there face out there. I had friends in high school that danced in music videos. She danced in the Ateens video and in many rap videos and was a spark girl as well. Does that make her a ho?

Rick Von Braun
12-13-2004, 02:57 AM
This is hilarious... the whole thing is worst than a Jerry Springer show. Increadible!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-13-2004, 03:00 AM
Does that make her a ho?

Depends, does she hang out with single young NBA players?

Go read Phil's book, couple it with the fact Kobe met Vanessa when she was just 17 (dancing in vids), and do some math. I doubt very seriously they met at Bible camp.

fonzy16
12-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Vanessa should know Malone is recovering from the knee surgery. His acting weird cause of the drugs and pain killers :spin :spin :spin

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2004, 09:24 AM

Very interesting...

Bryant said to reporters before Sunday night's game against Orlando, "The comments that [Malone] said, I don't know any man in this room that wouldn't be upset about that. The past month, myself, my wife, [Malone's wife] Kaye, we've had fun together. We've been out to their house, just joking around, giving each other a hard time, just clowning, being sarcastic with one another, baby-sitting kids and all that."

IILL, could you please check on the status of adidas11 and his shower rod?

"Vanessa told me that she just was very uncomfortable at halftime and that Karl was acting and saying weird things." said Pelinka. "When the game ended, Vanessa walked Malone's son back to Karl. She told me that she asked Malone why he was wearing that (cowboy) hat. His response was, 'I'm hunting for young Mexican girls.' At which point Vanessa just walked away."

"Until next time, this here Karl Malone."

Sec24Row7
12-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Oh please you have got to be kidding me.

Kobe is trying to take the heat off of HIM for being such an egotistical dick and getting malone pissed and leaving so he and his wife made up this story to take to the media.

As for the "Little Mexican Girls" comment...

There is NOTHING wrong with that comment even if it was made.

It is not Bigotry to joke with one of your friends about their ethnic background AT ALL.

If I had a dime for every time one of my mexican friends called me a stupid gringo I would be a buying a bigger house and if they had one for every time I said something about them they would had a pretty big stack too.

People are just too damn sensetive.

You don't like malone as a player, fine.

You don't like him because he elbowed both D'Rob and TD in the head, fine.

But dont believe some egotistical rapist and his skank wife before hearing his side of the story.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2004, 11:03 AM
But dont believe some egotistical rapist and his skank wife before hearing his side of the story.

As opposed to someone who I believe has denied having an illegitimate child.

boutons
12-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Kori, maybe you should start a Tabloid forum?

Sec24Row7
12-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Dunno... I would deny having an illegitimate child.

And that's probably because it's not true.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2004, 11:18 AM
And that's probably because it's not true.

So what evidence have you presented making Vanessa Bryant a skank?

And as much as it's in doubt, how much evidence have you presented that Kobe's a rapist?

If you have some, I'm sure Eagle County would have liked to have known a lot sooner than now.

Sec24Row7
12-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Looks like a skank, acts like a skank, married to kobe.

Dunno what else you want.

As for Kobe and the rape thing, being acquited of something and having the charges against you dropped are two very different things.

violentkitten
12-13-2004, 11:44 AM
malone was sending out feelers for a potential revenge fuck with a wronged woman

maybe woman was dropping hints and then got cold feet/repulsed at the thought of sexual relations with the black backwoodsman

at the end of the day who gives a fuck? lebron james is going to make everyone forget about kolby soon enough. kolby could have forestalled that if he had realized that playing with a 400 lbs center wasnt such a bad deal

2centsworth
12-13-2004, 12:29 PM
If anyone is a HO in the relationship. It's Kobe not Vanessa. His sexual escapades prove that. Is she a HO because she married Kobe Bryant a young age? Is she a HO because she is a married to a basketball player? Is she a ho because she is still with Kobe after he cheated on her? I mean how the hell is she a HO?

NO. Kobe is a philanderer. Vanessa is a ho becuase she sticks around and f**ks for money. Note the $4million ring she gladly accepted. Never said she was a cheap ho.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2004, 12:29 PM
As for Kobe and the rape thing, being acquited of something and having the charges against you dropped are two very different things.

True, but Kobe's not serving time and as far as I know has no conviction.

It's a little thing called "Presumption of Innocence". Unless, like I said, you have evidence that Eagle County would like to have (or at the very least, Ms. Faber's civil attorneys).

I'd also just like to hear how she "looks like a skank" in your eyes. Is it the shirt that says "Fashionable Motherfucker"? Is it the hair, is it her eyes? Is it 'cause she's young and married to a multi-millionaire? Is it 'cause she flirts?

Sec24Row7
12-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Is it because she is young and married to a multimillionaire?

ROFL...

Trust me I have no grudge against the wives of people with multiple millions of dollars.

No, she is a skank pretty much because she is married to Kobe Bryant.

Guilt by association.

As for presumption that he is innocent, that's a rule that the judicial has to follow.

Doesn't apply to me.

I think he is guilty as hell, or I don't and I'm just saying it because I think he is a scumbag.

Doesn't matter.

SpursWoman
12-13-2004, 12:58 PM
http://www.peteandjane.com/pics/blogs/ring.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2004, 01:14 PM
So she's being judged because of the mistakes of her husband?

Useruser666
12-13-2004, 01:18 PM
So she's being judged because of the mistakes of her husband?

Exactly! How long does it take to file for divorce in LA?

AlamoSpursFan
12-13-2004, 01:23 PM
I don't think you even have to file in Hell A. You just have to publicly say "I want HALF, EDDIE! Mr. Fuck you man!"

:lol

iminlakerland
12-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Wow the level of lowness some people will reach in order to label someone a HO. Wow Vanessa is a HO because her husband cheated and she hasnt left him. Do any of you who are making these comments maybe sit here and think that she is still with kobe because of Natalia?

I guess every NBA players wife is a HO because we all know what players do on the road and they stay with them. Even tho most of them know they cheat. I guess the only non HO in the league we know is Mr. Christie.

Kori Ellis
12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Why does everyone call Vanessa a skank, but Karl Malone gets a pass for impregnanting Cheryl Ford's mom when she was 13?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Why does everyone call Vanessa a skank, but Karl Malone gets a pass for impregnanting Cheryl Ford's mom when she was 13?

That's the story I meant to bring up. Couldn't remember if it was that or an illegitimate child.

Useruser666
12-13-2004, 01:42 PM

Karl Malone is a Skank!

See, doesn't that sound weird? I don't think Vanessa is a skank. She is either really dedicated to her kids or a money grubby ho.

PeterBurns
12-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Kori, what about the that story.
More details... He really did that?

Kori Ellis
12-13-2004, 01:51 PM
This is the best I can recall, you can probably look up details ...

He got Cheryl Ford's mom pregnant in his season year in highschool; she was 13. The twins were born the summer before he left for Louisiana Tech. For 17 years he ignored their existence, even though he would see them all the time in the offseason in his hometown. Cheryl Ford even recounts times that the kids would be in the store and he'd be two feet away from them and not even acknowledge them. He began talking to them when they were 17 and now has a decent relationship with them from what I understand.

Marcus Bryant
12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
What's most interesting is that Larry Bird had a daughter out of wedlock and ignored her for years...and you never hear about it, because Larry Bird Can Get Away With Anything©2004 MB Enterprises, Inc.