PDA

View Full Version : Vent: What Idiot Designed The Roads At The Rim?

PM5K
08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
RANT/

So I live in the area and go to both The Rim and La Cantera, but it seems a retard designed the roads at The Rim.

It's hard to explain but if you've been there you know what I mean.

La Cantera is much better designed, especially with the roundabouts.

END RANT/

ALVAREZ6
08-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I designed them

PM5K
08-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I designed them

That fucking explains it...

ALVAREZ6
08-19-2007, 07:44 PM
:elephant

Shelly
08-19-2007, 07:58 PM
I agree. There needs to be a 4-way stop when you're coming out of Best Buy. It's nearly impossible to turn left from that parking lot.

PM5K
08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I agree. There needs to be a 4-way stop when you're coming out of Best Buy. It's nearly impossible to turn left from that parking lot.

I'm no engineer or whatever, but it's obviously a stupid design, if you come out right in front of the Best Buy you HAVE to turn right, and most people want to go left from there, but they have to go right, stop at that intersection, and wait to make a u-turn.

A lot of the exits are that way because they have medians every where, which looks pretty, but there has to be a better way to design it for traffic flow, especially considering it's only going to get more and more traffic as more businesses open up...

ploto
08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I always go down to the four way stop at Vance Jackson. It is just easier.

Shelly
08-19-2007, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=PM5K], and most people want to go left from there, but they have to go right, stop at that intersection, and wait to make a u-turn.

QUOTE]

That's the one I'm talking about. I shouldn't have said right out of Best Buy. The next parking lot exit down. It's almost impossible to turn left from that parking lot exit...especially because that's where everyone is making said U-turn. I'm sure there's been a fender bender or two already.

ashbeeigh
08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
:madrun

I hate that shit.

I mean, eventually Vance Jackson is going to run all the way down there which will most likely be the way I get down there, but for right now it's flippin' ridiculous trying to get across. And what if you wan to get from Best Buy to the Palladium? Forget that shit (I've never done it, though).

Sunshine
08-19-2007, 10:24 PM

Amen. It's almost easier to turn right and turn around further down the road. It's a nightmare trying to get out of there from the Best Buy side of the center.

davi78239
08-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Okay, what's new to San Antonio there?

marini martini
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
The same idiot that did the forum??????????????

Twisted_Dawg
08-20-2007, 02:34 PM
The Rim's traffic was horrible this weekend. On the incoming road, they had the left turn into the Palladium closed so you had to wait in a long line of traffic to go down to that ridiculous 4-way stop to turn left or make a U-Turn. Of course you had to fight with all of the traffic coming out the stores by Best Buy trying to do the same thing.

PM5K
08-20-2007, 02:38 PM
The Rim's traffic was horrible this weekend. On the incoming road, they had the left turn into the Palladium closed so you had to wait in a long line of traffic to go down to that ridiculous 4-way stop to turn left or make a U-Turn. Of course you had to fight with all of the traffic coming out the stores by Best Buy trying to do the same thing.

Yeah I noticed that, they had two police cruisers blocking that area, I don't know what that says about the design but it must say something, and can you imagine when more stores open up?