PDA

View Full Version : Vent/Rant #2: Summer

PM5K
08-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I've partially bitched about this before, but what the fuck is up with stores not having shorts, and having long sleeve shirts everywhere when it's 90 degrees outside?

Technically Summer isn't even over yet, and even when it's officially over it's still going to be hot in San Antonio, so why can't I find more shorts and t-shirts?

Who the hell is buying long sleeve shirts and sweaters right now?

I run into the same thing at Target, looking for a pest control spray that you put on the end of your garden hose, I use it for ants, the guy tells me that it's seasonal and it's already been put up.

Walmart as well, I go over there (not this year last year) and it's 95 degrees outside and I'm looking for pool shock and they tell me they only have what's out there, because it's seasonal and they aren't carrying pool stuff anymore.

WTF?

lawstudent
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
The fashion industry is already in fall/winter mode. They refuse to acknowledge global warming.

(I think it is secretly run by the Bush administration.)

E20
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I used to work at a drug store which selled bug shit for seasonal and before I left we were getting Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas products just to keep in the back and 2 weeks ago we were putting up the Halloween stuff on the floor. I think it's so that the stores have time beforehand to put up everything beforehand so it's already on display looking neat. I don't know about the shirts though.

Marklar MM
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Its for money reasons.

2Blonde
08-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I went to the Walgreens at 281/Evans today and they already had up their Halloween displays?!?!?!? :rolleyes

desflood
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
September is fall in every other part of the country except for this God-forsaken hot-as-Hell place. Texas is messed up, not the stores.

MoSpur
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I was shopping yesterday and saw shorts at Express, Macys, American Eagle, and A & F. Same goes for t-shirts.

ChumpDumper
08-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Why did you wait until late August to buy shorts?

ashbeeigh
08-20-2007, 04:54 PM
I bought some fall stuff for career oriented reasons. Not that I'm not agreeing with you. It's the same way in all stores. Walk into a Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. and they're discounting all summer things. I went to the infamous Rim today and tiki torches were $2. How ridiculous.

Shelly
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Kohl's had a ton of shorts

SpursWoman
08-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I bought several pairs of shorts for my son at Aeropostle's and Macy's yesterday and they were loaded with both. Even better, they were marked down about 60%.

Shelly
08-20-2007, 05:01 PM
We just went school shopping. Luckily, my oldest isn't into Hollister or A&F, so I don't have to deal with those smelly stores. But, it's so hard to find pants for him. He's already over 5'-8" with a 29" waist. It so fricking hard to find find a 29x32 pant. That's my rant for today.

I just dropped a small fortune.

08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
We just went school shopping. Luckily, my oldest isn't into Hollister or A&F, so I don't have to deal with those smelly stores. But, it's so hard to find pants for him. He's already over 5'-8" with a 29" waist. It so fricking hard to find find a 29x32 pant. That's my rant for today.

That's why God invented 501's

Bonus: No zipper to get the frank and beans hung in!

ChumpDumper
08-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Wasn't some place like Sears guaranteeing to have all sizes in stock or they're free.

You could cash in.

Spurminator
08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Wasn't some place like Sears guaranteeing to have all sizes in stock or they're free.

You could cash in.

But who wants free pants that don't fit?

SpursWoman
08-20-2007, 05:06 PM

I refused to go into Hollister's ... they usurped the Bath & Body Works that used to be there but then moved for whatever reason. That store is too dark and they have too many stupid big plants in there that get in the way. :lol

My son really doesn't give a shit, either, but it was just me and my daughter and she got a gift card from there for her bday. And the shorts were 60% off so, you know .... :greedy

Beno Udrih
08-20-2007, 05:07 PM
:lol ChumpDumper FTW.

Beno Udrih
08-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Dude its been hot since like February. And you're buying shorts now?

ChumpDumper
08-20-2007, 05:15 PM
But who wants free pants that don't fit?I believe they order them.

If not, he'll grow into the free ones :spin

Flea
08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
PMK, I so understand your rant. The same with swimsuits.

Flea
08-20-2007, 05:47 PM

Some of us have children who wear shorts to school and can't fit into the ones that were bought in the Spring. In S.Texas they should sell shorts year round. Oh and Hobby Lobby had their Xmas stuff up last month!!!

Fillmoe
08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Move to Cali and you guys won't have that problem.

Shelly
08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
That's why God invented 501's

Bonus: No zipper to get the frank and beans hung in!

Levi's were pretty much the only one and Levi's ain't cheap!

Shelly
08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I refused to go into Hollister's ... they usurped the Bath & Body Works that used to be there but then moved for whatever reason. That store is too dark and they have too many stupid big plants in there that get in the way. :lol

My son really doesn't give a shit, either, but it was just me and my daughter and she got a gift card from there for her bday. And the shorts were 60% off so, you know .... :greedy

You need a gas mask to go into those stores!

Shelly
08-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Some of us have children who wear shorts to school and can't fit into the ones that were bought in the Spring. In S.Texas they should sell shorts year round. Oh and Hobby Lobby had their Xmas stuff up last month!!!

It is sooooo stupid that they can't wear shorts in middle and high school...yet girls can wear skirts.

ChumpDumper
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Shorts at school....this world is going to hell.

Anyway all you have to do is wait until October, then shorts should go on sale again for next summer.

ploto
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM
But, it's so hard to find pants for him. He's already over 5'-8" with a 29" waist. It so fricking hard to find find a 29x32 pant. That's my rant for today.

Old Navy?

Fillmoe
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
maybe he should shop in the female section

Shelly
08-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Old Navy?

Now Old Navy is 'lame'. Levi's were the only one.

Flea
08-20-2007, 05:59 PM
It is sooooo stupid that they can't wear shorts in middle and high school...yet girls can wear skirts.

My girls can wear shorts in middle school. Not sure about high school. The only problem is finding shorts that are suitable for them to wear to school because most of them are way to short. Having the bermuda shorts come back in style has been nice.

Shelly
08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
My girls can wear shorts in middle school. Not sure about high school. The only problem is finding shorts that are suitable for them to wear to school because most of them are way to short. Having the bermuda shorts come back in style has been nice.

You're lucky! I don't know if it's all of Northside's schools, but ours do not.

ploto
08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
I love uniforms!

ggoose25
08-20-2007, 06:03 PM
You mean you don't let your daughters wear these?

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o74/ggoose25/755926154_de08156aa0.jpg

Flea
08-20-2007, 06:04 PM
When my oldest was in 6th she had to wear uniforms. We were in NEISD. I did love the uniforms. We moved to Comal ISD last year and they don't have uniforms. Boo Hoo!
I was quite surprised at the lack of dress code requirements they had last year. They are trying to get tougher this year it seems.

Fillmoe_
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM

:lol :lol

Flea
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Uh, no way! One of my daughters tried to wear shorts with the writing across the butt (soccer) to school last year and I told her, march yourself right upstairs and change.

Flea
08-20-2007, 06:06 PM

How could anyone be comfortable wearing that? :lol

Fillmoe_
08-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Uh, no way! One of my daughters tried to wear shorts with the writing across the butt (soccer) to school last year and I told her, march yourself right upstairs and change.

Why not? She just want some attention.

ashbeeigh
08-20-2007, 06:09 PM

I soo don't get that! :madrun I went into 6th grade the year they changed that and by the time I went into college I had more jeans then shorts. I had to re-buy clothes to fit into my more laid back environment for college where shorts, camis, all that stuff were the norm. I also remember the boys in high school getting their boxers in a bunch when the girls started wearing capris but they couldn't wear their longer shorts. Oh the joys of motherhood. :)

Flea
08-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Why not? She just want some attention.

What she wanted was to dress like her new best friend at the time.

ggoose25
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
The best is when girls wear these soffee shorts with the elastic band rolled down. Damn thats fucking hot

http://www.totallycheer.com/store/images/M037.jpg

Fillmoe_
08-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I love hoes.

Shelly
08-20-2007, 06:15 PM
The best is when girls wear these soffee shorts with the elastic band rolled down. Damn thats fucking hot

Only if they have the body for it. Way too often you see people that REALLY need to watch What Not To Wear.

I want to have cocktails with Stacy and Clinton.

ggoose25
08-20-2007, 06:17 PM
I want to have a drink with Stacy too... and then bend her over the couch.

Fillmoe_
08-20-2007, 06:18 PM
sounds like fun

angel_luv
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM

You could cash in.

Since this is a rant thread, I'll share my beef with Sears.
I have a credit card with them which I go into the store once a month to pay. It is convenient for me since I work at the mall.
Whenever I pay my bill, thier computer system gives back me coupons for in the store.
This would be a very nice feature EXCEPT that every time, without fail, all the coupons are for the MENS department, even when I am in the ladies' section.
It is like the store somehow knows I have no one to give the men's wear coupons to :( and is mocking me.
As if having to pay my bill isn't bad enough without the insult added to pocket book injury.

:pctoss :depressed :(

:lol

Fillmoe_
08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
you could buy me some items and mail them to me if it makes you feel better

PM5K
08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Since this is a rant thread, I'll share my beef with Sears.
I have a credit card with them which I go into the store once a month to pay. It is convenient for me since I work at the mall.
Whenever I pay my bill, thier computer system gives back me coupons for in the store.
This would be a very nice feature EXCEPT that every time, without fail, all the coupons are for the MENS department, even when I am in the ladies' section.
It is like the store somehow knows I have no one to give the men's wear coupons to :( and is mocking me.
As if having to pay my bill isn't bad enough without the insult added to pocket book injury.

:pctoss :depressed :(

Funnt, but totally off topic ;-)

It's not so much school clothes, the shorts are for when we go to the Zoo, or parks, things like that.

They already have shorts, but most don't fit as well as they did when we bought them a few months ago, kids grow quick.

Since I was buying school clothes, I figured I'd pick up some new shorts as well, but that didn't work out too well...

angel_luv
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Funnt, but totally off topic ;-)

Well the situation makes me short tempered so...

ashbeeigh
08-20-2007, 06:44 PM

I'm sure a pair of those in every color in a size large would fit you fine PM5K. There around all year.

just kidding.

ChumpDumper
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Soccer?

As for shorts, just go to Academy. They have Levis too.

2Blonde
08-20-2007, 11:21 PM

When my oldest was in 6th she had to wear uniforms. We were in NEISD. I did love the uniforms. We moved to Comal ISD last year and they don't have uniforms. Boo Hoo!
I was quite surprised at the lack of dress code requirements they had last year. They are trying to get tougher this year it seems.

Well I don't know about the Comal Middle schools since we didn't move out here until my daughter was in high school, but Smithson Valley HS has very strict dress codes. In fact when my daughter started out here in March they still weren't allowed to wear t-shirts with any printing on them. She couldn't even wear shirts from the Lifeteen group at our church. The only shirts w/printing or graphics that were allowed were Smithson Valley HS t-shirts or College ones. This year they are finally allowed to wear tshirts again as long as there is nothing violent or profane on them.

Mister Sinister
08-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Bitch, bitch, bitch. I never wear shorts. I wear black jeans all year round.

mrsmaalox
08-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Yep it had been a problem to find shorts that pass the "fingertip" test, so the bermudas sure do help. My daughter decided she wanted some capri length jeans and we were ALL OVER North Star today and found none. So tomorrow we'll hit the ol' standby------Dillard's at Rolling Oaks. Maybe Marshall's, but I never have much luck there.