PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 team and MVP rankings now Debate

Rummpd
12-12-2004, 08:49 AM
1) Suns - showing resiliency and depth but could they also be coming back to Earth. Cannot wait for upcoming games vs. Spurs will be fun and tough and could affect seedings down the road.

2) Sonics (barely) hung on to beat Spurs they got beat by Celtics - probably getting some reality but they are an impressive and solid team and wins over Spurs (except margin of first) were not flukes. Spurs have to play their top defense and have solid offensive effort of late to beat any of the top 5-6 teams.

3) Spurs - lost in a rugged twilight zone game/week that at least ended on a positive note was the incredible play of TimVP who averaged about 34 last 3 games and was hitting FTs. Also had games with 18 boards and 7 or 8 blocks. Parker also with some great play both points, assists and most importantly on D + Brown, Beno (amazing the 2nd coming of Kidd) etc. With Ginobli getting some rest and Barry due to turn it around a some point + Rasho (finally) showing some + signs last night vs. very good center = Watch out West. Still 17 and 5 (although not record) may be best start ever as multiple back to backs, road trips early etc. Bowen also with great comeback game and in reality also played TMac well until the twilight zone occured. Rose also playing hard despite injury and Pop wisely played Horry some minutes last night. In reality still best team in week but give Suns and Sonics 2 more weeks to come back to earth and probably hard. Suns though seem like a very tough out and Sonics could easily win 55.

4) Kings - Quietly surging. Still a substantial threat especially if they added a key piece through trade etc.

5) Mavs - hanging around big come back win vs. Houston last night. When Dirk is on his is awesome and that is happening more and more. With Finley back may move soon into top 3.

6) Wolves - embarrassed last night but with Eddie Griffin and Sz, some tall former MVP guy, Cassell, and a pissed off Sprewell = a scary team down the road and could pull a Spurs and really surge second half.

7) Heat - finally to the back to the weak East, my belief they aren't this good holds up as they are up and down - little depth. Despite the hype, the balance of power in league has at least for now with Pacers - shifted West again hard.

8) The Washington (General?) - amazing story really and shows you how bad MJ screwed up this team. I see the potential for him to get in action for Cleveland and really mess that one up.

9) ?? Magic - pixie dust disapearing? Get well Grant Hill!!!!!

10) Pistons - strange loss to Atlanta (it happens, i.e. Spurs last year) but otherwise showing some toughness and beat Dallas recently badly and hung tough with Spurs.

1) Duncan (one cannot deny what he did this week despite losses) and if he continues to hit FTs he will become even more confident and unreal.

2) Nash - I could easily also vote him 1 right now)

3) Allen - have to give his due and of course it is a contract year

4) Garnett - night in and night out amazing stats

5) Dirk - could move up rapidly if Dallas surges

6) Kobe - as he goes that team goes and despite Malone sad saga did some amazing stuff a few games this week. If he gets that team without new talent 51 plus wins (will be difficult that schedule for LA is back ended with a tough stretch) he deserves consideration for top 3. He is that team like Duncan used to be here.

7) Labron - learned last night he and his team still a little behind but what an incredible talent

8) Amare - Nash has to get the credit but hey he is also amazing people at times.

9/10 Wade Shaq or Shaq Wade - hard to figure out who is really leading team - in my view it has to be Shaq to take the to East title.

Honorable mention - although bidding for a trade, Kidd returns and Nets suddenly far better. When healthy he is always among top 10 most valuable in league.

Someone please say McGrady - one game does not make a season!!!

MadDoc :smokin :drunk :elephant

Rummpd
12-12-2004, 09:59 AM
No debate? Everybody too nice after huge win last night.

Bring it strong Spurs and trolls!

MadDoc

boutons
12-12-2004, 11:06 AM
vs. Duncan, Garnett is obviously the better athlete with a more varied, more creative game.

Interesting that neither of these PFs is really a POWER player, neither do much posting up and powering back and in. I guess Kevin actually takes it to the basket better than Tim and finishes better, too. I think Pau has some power moves than match either of these guys.

For the "value" aspect, it's a draw not worth arguing about (not that ever prevented a pissing match on Spurstalk). Tim will probably end up with more rings, but KG could end up with MVP's, the more theatrical and more street KG being a bigger hit with the "balla" demographic. Both HoFers.

Rummpd
12-12-2004, 11:12 AM
When Garnett gets his team to finals talk about him being in the class of Duncan until then he is still way behind. He is also a thug waiting to break out one his punches to teammates will happen to someone else someday = bad news NBA marketing machine.

Great great player but no Tim Duncan period.

I would think of taking Dirk over him actually behind Duncan very seriously - even harder match up. Heard Dirk on an interview the other day and seemed a very classy and humble guy working hard to get even better. Scary thought.

MadDoc