PDA

View Full Version : Fec Complaint filed against Sen. Thompson

ggoose25
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
FEC complaint filed against Fred
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 4:03 PM by Domenico Montanaro

Liberal blogger Lane Hudson has filed a complaint against Fred Thompson with the Federal Election Commission, accusing the “testing-the-waters” candidate of violating election law. Hudson is the same activist who posted instant messages between former Rep. Mark Foley and a congressional page.

The AP reports: “The law prohibits anyone who is ‘testing the waters’ from hoarding the money for use during his actual campaign. Potential candidates also cannot refer to themselves as candidates, can't run ads that publicize their intention to campaign or take steps to qualify for the ballot in a primary or caucus state.”

Thompson has 15 days to respond to the complaint.

clambake
08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
How can you blame Freddie? He doesn't do any of his work. Blame his staffers. Freddie despises political labor.

Wild Cobra
08-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Well, since it's the same idiot that complained about Fooly, I can be confident it has no merit.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2007, 03:11 AM
oit?

He's got a point, though. Shit or get off the radio every day.

Wild Cobra
08-21-2007, 03:24 AM
oit?

He's got a point, though. Shit or get off the radio every day.
Ooops... meant 'it's'

Corrected.

I guess I should expand... The age of consent when this happend in DC is 16. Not 18 like most places. Nothing illegal occured. However, republicans won't stand for such foolishness legal or illegal. That's why I said Fool-y. Funny how democrats get away with it... I've debated this issue elsewhere before.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2007, 03:29 AM
I don't care about that at all, but one can always count on a Republican to keep tack of such things.