PDA

View Full Version : manu only 2 points??

deepsouth
12-12-2004, 10:06 AM
What happened with his another 12?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2004, 10:16 AM
He only took five shots all night.

I even remember either in the late third or early fourth when he had that up-and-under hearing Bill Land say those were Manu's first points of the game.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-12-2004, 10:17 AM
But just for you, here you go.

http://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/041211/041211_6.jpg

boutons
12-12-2004, 10:37 AM
The last few games, he's been failing to finish and missing FT's, a mini-slump of his own.

deepsouth
12-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks a lot Johnny.
Nice pic :)

deepsouth
12-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Who was defending him? Superman?
Or he only choose not to throw?

Rummpd
12-12-2004, 11:08 AM
I think he is just tired and will bounce back strong soon.

MadDoc

boutons
12-12-2004, 11:10 AM
He missed a couple layups, and shot only 5 times, playing the mins least of any starter, only 2 qtrs vs 3 qtrs for Tim, Bruce, and Tony.

ALVAREZ6
12-12-2004, 11:39 AM
nice pic, i dont know how he only scored 2 points, there's that inconsistency

TMTTRIO
12-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I didn't get to see much of the game at all but I think he's worn down from all of the energy he's used for the other games. Just like Tony was, he's in a slump right now but I think he'll come out of it. I'm surprised he's still alive with that head banging incident that happened in the third. That's gotto have hurt. It looks worse when they put it in slow motion :lol.

Medvedenko
12-12-2004, 06:33 PM
you mean "allstar" manu....yeah right.

ducks
12-12-2004, 06:37 PM
manu is tired

they played 7 games in 10 days twice so far

now they have 9 games in 20 days and he will be better

3 days off before next game

smeagol
12-12-2004, 09:33 PM
The last few games, he's been failing to finish and missing FT's, a mini-slump of his own.
Not really, he shot 100% of his FTs in the games against SEA and HOU. I think the slump is just related to the way he is finishing layups, 'cause he's three shots are beginning to fall again.

johnny00
12-13-2004, 03:24 PM
2 POINTS FOR MANU????? TRADE HIM!!!!!!!!!

oops..... thought this was a Rasho thread.

vanvannen
12-13-2004, 03:40 PM
hey Medvendenko, why don't you go troll some other forum where someone actually cares about what you have to say?
As bad as Ginobili is in your opinion, he has already achieved what your homie Slava will never get. (Euro league, MVP honors, olympic gold... oh yes, and an NBA RING)

BigVee
12-13-2004, 04:01 PM
I think it is more than fatigue. His body language just doesn't like right lately. He is acting differently than the start of the season. Am I nuts or does anyone else notice that?

2centsworth
12-13-2004, 05:31 PM
I think it is more than fatigue. His body language just doesn't like right lately. He is acting differently than the start of the season. Am I nuts or does anyone else notice that?

I think so. Pop is starting to wear on him, and there doesn't seem to be any real motivation. He has already accomplished his dreams, NBA Championship & Gold Medal.
What else is there for a team player like Manu?

smeagol
12-13-2004, 05:35 PM
I think so. Pop is starting to wear on him, and there doesn't seem to be any real motivation. He has already accomplished his dreams, NBA Championship & Gold Medal.
Hope this comment is sarcastic, right 2centsworth?

ChumpDumper
12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Yeah, he wants to retire.

2centsworth
12-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Hope this comment is sarcastic, right 2centsworth?

Manu is naturally good and will always have good seasons, but it's that little extra motivation like the Gold medal that seems to bring out the dominating Manu. Manu can be dominating, but I do question if there is a lack of motivation for individual greatness.

smeagol
12-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Then you don't know what Manu is all about . . .

ChumpDumper
12-13-2004, 05:47 PM
He wants to be traded to Denver.

2centsworth
12-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Then you don't know what Manu is all about . .

I've stated Manu is about Team first, and that because he has accomplished all the team goals that may take away from his individual performance? He will always be good, but will he be dominating like we know he can be? Maybe he's waiting for the playoffs, or maybe Pop is a pain in the ass. What do you think?>

ALVAREZ6
12-13-2004, 06:00 PM
He wants to be traded to Denver.

No, sorry.

ALVAREZ6
12-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Manu = wants to stay in SA

ChumpDumper
12-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Are you new here?

smeagol
12-13-2004, 06:12 PM
What do you think?

Anything but this . . .

there doesn't seem to be any real motivation

. . . or this . . .

He has already accomplished his dreams, NBA championship & Gold Medal.

. . . no, this is not either . . .

Manu can be dominating, but I do question if there is a lack of motivation for individual greatness

. . . and certainly not this . . .

and that because he has accomplished all the team goals that may take away from his individual performance?

His slump has nothing to do with all the things you stated above, which all boil down to one: lack of motivation.

I thinks it has mostly to do with him being tired after so many games, and to a lesser degree, Pops style.

Hopefully, these next four days will help with with the former . . . regarding the later, we will just have to wait and see.

smeagol
12-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Are you new here?
Although he has 303 post, he is relatively new. Does not know the regular's postig style. He does not "read" into sarcasm very well either.

Cut him some slack, chump.

2centsworth
12-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Smeagol,

according to your logic he's having problems with his homosexual lover.

do you having anything to offer?

smeagol
12-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Smeagol,

What part of . . .

I thinks it has mostly to do with him being tired after so many games, and to a lesser degree, Pops style.
. . . can't you read, 2ctsworth.

* I've bolded the reason for his slump to make things easier for you *

That's what I have to offer.

What you have to offer is speculation which is utter bvllshit. Talk to anybody who knows about's Manu battling spirit, rethink your moronic reasons for his slump and then come and see me.

deepsouth
12-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Smeagol
Dont you think that the public chewing after the inbound pass late in the last game may be have something to do with Manu's efficiency this game?
We already know that Manu is a nice guy but we do here, and I mean here in our country, are more accustomed to private tirades instead of public shouting.
This conduct may have something to do with Pop's Air Force background and maybe Manu is already accustomed with "the Pop's way" but it keeps me wondering.
What do you think?

smeagol
12-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Agreed. That's why I say that Pop's style has something to do with Manu's slump. But i think being tired is the biggest factor.

Phenomanul
12-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Personally I thought Pop erred when he decided to scold Manu at the Rockets game.

He not only yelled at him... which is something coaches should do to steer their players in the right direction... but Pop did so condescendingly... That is what made it harsh. He stood there over Manu letting everybody in the arena... the national TV audience... know his displeasure with Manu's play. What's worse, it's not like Manu turned the ball over... he just couldn't throw the pass Pop had designed in the timeout... but hey ...it happens and I don't believe Houston's defense didn't have anything to do with it (their 'D' is Top 5 this year...if I recall correctly). In anycase Tony's inbound pass, or Brown's last second slip-up.... had more to do with that loss at Houston.

I don't believe Pop should nurture Manu a'la Hedo... but he should understand that the more you constrain his style (wreckless and all) the more you limit his efficiency.

2centsworth
12-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Talk to anybody who knows about's Manu battling spirit, rethink your moronic reasons for his slump and then come and see me.

I will see you , that's for sure.

TMTTRIO
12-14-2004, 11:48 AM
I still don't think Pop really knows how to use and play Manu. One thing I noticed is at the beginning of the season Manu's confidence was very high and he wasn't afraid to shoot the ball when he needed to and pass it along with letting his game come to him. Now I've noticed he's gone back to thinking too much before he does anything. I know that his shot is not falling, but he looks like he's afraid to shoot, pass, or do all the other things he was doing at the beginning of the season.

cqsallie
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM
I suspect that Pop could be a pain in anyone's ass - jovial, good-fellow-well-met personna aside. Sometimes I think he treats Manu like a a genius son born into his family of cheerful plodders who don't relish attention of any sort...
Manu will bounce back because he's gonna hear from his world-wide fans and he's enough of a ham to give them what they want.

Phenomanul
12-14-2004, 12:43 PM
I suspect that Pop could be a pain in anyone's ass - jovial, good-fellow-well-met personna aside. Sometimes I think he treats Manu like a a genius son born into his family of cheerful plodders who don't relish attention of any sort...
Manu will bounce back because he's gonna hear from his world-wide fans and he's enough of a ham to give them what they want.

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? Or you basically just mean that Manu will bounce back because of fan pleas and self-determination....?

Ginofan
12-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Personally I thought Pop erred when he decided to scold Manu at the Rockets game.

He not only yelled at him... which is something coaches should do to steer their players in the right direction... but Pop did so condescendingly... That is what made it harsh. He stood there over Manu letting everybody in the arena... the national TV audience... know his displeasure with Manu's play. What's worse, it's not like Manu turned the ball over... he just couldn't throw the pass Pop had designed in the timeout... but hey ...it happens and I don't believe Houston's defense didn't have anything to do with it (their 'D' is Top 5 this year...if I recall correctly). In anycase Tony's inbound pass, or Brown's last second slip-up.... had more to do with that loss at Houston.

I don't believe Pop should nurture Manu a'la Hedo... but he should understand that the more you constrain his style (wreckless and all) the more you limit his efficiency.

And did you see all of the guys trying to explain to Pop what happened? Granted Tony and Co. get yelled at ALOT but totally bombarding Manu when he didn't say anything to Tony (as far as we could see) about that inbounds pass TO? Who knows what is going on inside Pop's head.

smeagol
12-14-2004, 03:36 PM
I will see you , that's for sure.
:rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
12-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Smeagol,

Ok, ok, let me get this straight.

You're saying, "Are you new here?", when all i said was that Manu want's to stay in SA.
Please tell what that has anything to do with being new or not, it's the truth.

And you want sarcasm, i don't think Manu would wanna go to Denver, its too cold up there for us Argentinos.