PDA

View Full Version : Tiago talks about new role with Tau

Spurs Brazil
08-21-2007, 11:48 AM
UOL Esporte: Qual avaliação você faz do nível em que se encontra o TAU Cerámica hoje? O que espera da próxima temporada, que pode ser sua última na Europa?

Splitter: A gente acabou de contratar um novo técnico [o croata Neven Spahija], ainda não tive a oportunidade de falar com ele. Mas a base do time é a mesma, com os armadores e laterais. O que vai mudar mesmo é o garrafão com a saída do Scola, e espero que possa estar como a principal opção. É muito difícil fazer o que a gente fez, com esses três anos no Final Four. Ninguém esperava, e a gente chegava meio que escondido. Vamos ver se conseguimos manter isso.

http://esporte.uol.com.br/basquete/ultimas/2007/08/21/ult4356u776.jhtm

He said Tau has a new coach now and he still not talked to him. He said the team is the same of last year but without Scola. He expects to be the 1st option now. He also said they've been in the final four in the last 3 years and expects to do it again

SKINNYPIMP210
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Tight! Does Anyone Have Any Highlights Of This Guy? I Think I Already Seen All Of The Youtube Ones, I Was Just Wondering If There Are Any Others?

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
lets hope he has a injury free campaign....

spurs are going to strike gold when this guys over

Darkwaters
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
lets hope he has a injury free campaign....

spurs are going to strike gold when this guys over

He'll be a starter for the Spurs within his first two seasons. Probably less.

Spurs Brazil
08-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Brazil

This is likely the only team with a snowball's chance in hell of giving the Americans a 40-minute battle.

Barbosa
Nene
The Brazilians are led by NBA players Nene and Leandro Barbosa, but will be without two other NBA players Anderson Varejao of Cleveland and Rafael Araujo of Utah, whose unresolved contract situations make it too big of a risk for them to represent their national team.

Varejao and Araujo could have given the Brazilians a sizeable height advantage over the United States, which plans to go small against most opponents.

The best non-NBA players for Brazil, which recently won its third consecutive Pan American Games championship, are Tiago Splitter (the Spurs' 2007 draft pick) and Marcelo Machado.
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=TOA-GroupB

objective
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Brazil plays Canada tomorrow night, supposed to be on both FSN and NBATV

Friday they play against Venezuela, again on FSN

Sunday Brazil plays the USA on ESPN2

Darkwaters
08-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Brazil plays Canada tomorrow night, supposed to be on both FSN and NBATV

Friday they play against Venezuela, again on FSN

Sunday Brazil plays the USA on ESPN2

Cool, thanks.

Any chance we can see Sanikidze's Georgia play?

objective
08-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't know, I've only seen the broadcast schedule for the FIBA Americas tourny.

pdf here:

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2007/07_msnt_tv_schedule.pdf

Fast Dunk
08-22-2007, 01:19 AM
:dramaquee :sleep :sleep

ChumpDumper
08-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Why are you here?

Fast Dunk
08-22-2007, 01:22 AM
To pick on you retard

Mister Sinister
08-22-2007, 01:23 AM
To pick on you retard
And going to an internet message board simply to start shit, this is *not* retarded?

ChumpDumper
08-22-2007, 01:23 AM
So you have no life.

Understood.

How sad for you.