:lol

Behrooz24
08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Who's doing the hatin'?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-21-2007, 06:23 PM
1. Charles Smith I
2. Derek Anderson

I can think of no other Spur who I didn't like.

Xylus
08-21-2007, 06:25 PM
:lol
I can't help myself.

I'm a Suns fan. The Robert Horry hate is genetic.

spurschick
08-21-2007, 06:25 PM
1. Nick Van Exel
2. Nick Van Exel
3. Nick Van Exel

mardigan
08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Carl Herrera
Jack Haley
Beno

cornbread
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
NVE
Rod Strickland
Jack Haley

Spurs Brazil
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't hate Hedo but his game in 2004 playoffs sucks

ChumpDumper
08-21-2007, 06:29 PM
1. Rodman
2. Rodman
3. Rodman

ShoogarBear
08-21-2007, 06:35 PM
1. Karl Malone
2. John Stockton
3. Sam Cassell

ducks
08-21-2007, 06:45 PM
david robinson
tony parker

Texas_Ranger
08-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Van Exel
D. Anderson

porscha
08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Vernon Maxwell
beno
chuck person

SilverPlayer
08-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Other Fans:

1 Bowen
2 Manu
3 Horry

Spurs Fans
1 Rodman
2 Charles Smith 1
3 Jack Haley

ducks
08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
the most loved never spur scola

ShoogarBear
08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
the most loved never spur scolaWhat about Billy Curley?

angel_luv
08-21-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't hate him but I don't miss Nazr.

I do strongly dislike Avery.

angel_luv
08-21-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't hate Hedo but his game in 2004 playoffs sucks

Did you see this year's Championship video? Hedo is on it- footage of that awesome alley oop pass he threw to Howard. :)

SRJ
08-21-2007, 07:14 PM
3. Derek Anderson (though I'm glad he left for Manu's sake)
2. Saluki...er, Samaki Walker
1. Dennis Rodman

birdy219
08-21-2007, 07:40 PM
1. Nick Van Exel
2. Nick Van Exel
3. Nick Van Exel

co-signed X 100 :pctoss

jay014
08-21-2007, 07:42 PM
1.Maurice Cheeks
2.Dennis Rodman & his bitch Jack Haley
3.Derek Anderson

Clutch20
08-21-2007, 07:44 PM
1. Rod
2. Strick
3. land

Spurs Brazil
08-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Did you see this year's Championship video? Hedo is on it- footage of that awesome alley oop pass he threw to Howard. :)

Yes I saw :depressed :lol

angel_luv
08-21-2007, 08:19 PM
:lol My friend got mad at me because I was all excited to see Hedo on the DVD.

SRJ
08-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Did you see this year's Championship video? Hedo is on it- footage of that awesome alley oop pass he threw to Howard.

That was a fake play by a fluke player to another fluke player in a fake sequence in a fluke building during a fake game played in a fluke month. If that hadn't happened, it would have just been the Spurs beating another team they were supposed to beat.

baseline bum
08-21-2007, 09:04 PM
1. Dennis Rodman for just giving up in the series vs Houston. What an insult to the rest of the team.

I can't think of anyone else who deserves to be hated by Spurs fans. Lots of players may have a horrible series, suck, be paid too much, be lazy, etc, but Rodman was a franchise cornerstone who just decided to hell with the team in the middle of what was then the most important playoff series in the franchise's history. Fuck Rodman.

SRJ
08-21-2007, 09:30 PM
That's why Rodman was my number one, baseline.

I had DA #3 because I didn't appreciate Anderson's "loyalty" BS during his signing with Portland.

Walker was my #2 because I thought he had enough talent to be a reliable second unit player, maybe even a difference maker off the bench. But he was a lazy dog of a player.

sandman
08-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Rodman because he was a quitter
DA because he took the money and ran
Walker because he should have been so much more than he tried to be

Throw in Wes Matthews for good measure. He was an ass.

marini martini
08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
1. Dennis Rodman for just giving up in the series vs Houston. What an insult to the rest of the team.

I can't think of anyone else who deserves to be hated by Spurs fans. Lots of players may have a horrible series, suck, be paid too much, be lazy, etc, but Rodman was a franchise cornerstone who just decided to hell with the team in the middle of what was then the most important playoff series in the franchise's history. Fuck Rodman.

YeaaaaaaaaaH :toast

MrChug
08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Mine are:

Mo Cheeks
Rasho
Hedo

Capt Bringdown
08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Rod Strickland

Paul Pressey

Mike Bratz

ShoogarBear
08-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Mike Bratz? :rollin

z0sa
08-22-2007, 01:56 AM
mine would just be 1: hedo that bastard. If he hits an open 3 in game 5 in the 04' semis, 0.4 doesnt matter

EDIT: in the last few minutes of play after the spurs had come storming back

spursjustice
08-22-2007, 03:27 AM
Samaki Walker for the crap he said bout the Spurs being chokers back awhile ago.. can anyone remember this?

MrChug
08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Samaki Walker for the crap he said bout the Spurs being chokers back awhile ago.. can anyone remember this?

They WERE chokers a while back...to me that seriously pales in comparison to Mo Cheeks publically stating his hate and disgust with the entire city of San Antonio (much less the organization). I hated that fucker.

urunobili
08-22-2007, 07:16 AM
1-Beno
2-Nick Van Exel
3-Avery Johnson

Craig
08-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Mike D'antoni
Dwayne Schintzius
Cherokee Parks

Reggie Miller
08-22-2007, 08:26 AM

Thank you, I couldn't put it any better.

1. Rodman
2. NVE
3. Anderson

Heck, I'll give you five...

4. Haley
5. Strickland

samikeyp
08-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't think hate belongs in sports.

That being said, three former Spurs I seriously dislike are:

3. Samaki Walker (Didn't do shit while he was here, then dissed D-Rob when he got to LA)
2. Derek Anderson (Loyalty, my ass)
1. Mychal Thompson (Was so happy when he came to SA, or so he said. He was then traded to the Lakers and then proceeded to rip the team, city and Spurs fans. I don't blame the guy for being happy, he went from a lottery team to a title team. However, you act in a professional manner to the public and press and don't be an insulting little baby when you leave.)

samikeyp
08-22-2007, 08:43 AM

I don't remember the chokers line but I do believe it. I also remember when he went on BDSSP and called David Robinson soft.

MoSpur
08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
#3. Rod Strickland (behind the back/no look pass)
#2. Rasho (wuss)
#1. D.A (Loyalty)

degenerate_gambler
08-22-2007, 08:57 AM
walter berry

mad max

the worm

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 10:10 AM
I can't believe you guys dislike Rasho and Hedo more than Avery.

'99 was a long time ago. Not only has Avery not done anything for us lately; he is such a horrible whiner now.
Bear Hug defense, please!

nfg3
08-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Though I am hesistant to use the word hate - dislike is more appropriate - my top 3 list is about players who I felt didn't have the proper work ethic and professionalism.

1.D. Rodman - ditto the statement (baseline & SRJ) about his mail in during the '95 Houston series. Asinine! Totally unexcusable.

2. D. Anderson - His loyalty BS and the fact that he thought he was equal to Drob in salary negotiations. Talk about a player who faded fast after leaving the Spurs even though he became injury prone. Spurs dodged that bullet.

3. Mo Cheeks - stating his dislike for SA and never getting a house here -lived in a hotel until he left this city. Showed absolutely no class and professionalism. Too bad because he was one of my favorite players prior to coming here. I lost a lot of respect for him after his SA debacle.

wildchild
08-22-2007, 10:38 AM
the most loved never spur scola

again :bang

dbestpro
08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
There are as many people who liked Rodman as hated him and the same can be said for Beno and Avery Johnson. The for sures are

1. Derek Anderson (hurt Spurs cause of loyalty)
2. Rod Strickland (hurt Spurs cause of nightclub life)
3. Alvin Robertson or Alferdrick Hughes (hurt Spurs for throw away potential)

ploto
08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
It seems funny to me that the thing people are saying they hate some players for is the opposite of Beno. Beno loves San Antonio!

I really don't see how you can hate someone that you do not even know. Hate is a strong word and someone would have to do something pretty awful to me PERSONALLY and INTENTIONALLY for me to come close to hating them. I really do not see how you can hate players who worked hard, were professional, put the team's best interest first, and never rocked the boat.

ducks
08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
It seems funny to me that the thing people are saying they hate some players for is the opposite of Beno. Beno loves San Antonio!

I really don't see how you can hate someone that you do not even know. Hate is a strong word and someone would have to do something pretty awful to me PERSONALLY and INTENTIONALLY for me to come close to hating them. I really do not see how you can hate players who worked hard, were professional, put the team's best interest first, and never rocked the boat.
I know enough about beno
he has no work ethic
that much I know
I can not stand pro's that get paid to stay in shape and to work on their game that do not

just not beno all paid players
and most here say beno is a nice enough guy just can not get in shape

urunobili
08-22-2007, 11:02 AM

'99 was a long time ago. Not only has Avery not done anything for us lately; he is such a horrible whiner now.

:clap

alamo50
08-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I hate no (ex)Spurs.

Chris
08-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Some can't bring themselves to hate Avery since he hit the game winning shot for the 99' championship. He does tend to whine when the refs don't see the game his way though.

Avitus1
08-22-2007, 11:10 AM
1. Rodman
2. Van Exel
3. Sean Marks

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Some can't bring themselves to hate Avery since he hit the game winning shot for the 99' championship. He does tend to whine when the refs don't see the game his way though.

Without Timmy and David Robinson, Avery would not have had that shot to make.

I never felt especially connected to Avery. I liked him okay back in the day, but my favorites were Timmy, Malik, and Antonio Daniels- guys closer to my age. I related to them better than the older guys.
David Robinson was the one exception.

Maybe if I had had more loyalty to Avery when he was here, I would be more inclined to be tolerant of him now.

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 11:12 AM
1. Rodman
2. Van Exel
3. Sean Marks

Sean Marks- worse nomination yet! What did he ever do? Poor Kiwi. :(

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
1. Mychal Thompson (Was so happy when he came to SA, or so he said. He was then traded to the Lakers and then proceeded to rip the team, city and Spurs fans. I don't blame the guy for being happy, he went from a lottery team to a title team. However, you act in a professional manner to the public and press and don't be an insulting little baby when you leave.)

At least you're rid of him.
Nowadays, he's a cohost on a midday weekday show out here on the Laker flagship station with 2 other guys. The main host is at least objective about the team, but the other guy (along with Mychal) is so myopic about the Lamers (and especially Kobe), it's more than enough to make anyone sick.
Perfect example of what I'm talking about: the other day they're all talking about potential playoff seedings in the West (yeah, I know it's August, but the purple and YELLOW psychobabble never stops out here), and Mychal, in all his infinite "wisdom", declares that with the team the Lakers would run out on the court RIGHT NOW, they would be a FIFTH SEED AT WORST if the playoffs started today, and proceeds to declare that teams like Dallas, Golden State, Utah and Houston are weak and haven't proven anything in his eyes!
To his credit, he DID say that the only team that the Lamers would have trouble getting past would be the Spurs, but then he said that they might beat them too.
It's almost comical to listen to the guy speak, since he desn't have a grasp of anything involving sports. He can't be objective on anyone else who doesn't wear a Laker uniform, and he's always got Kobe's groin in his face, so his views are quite skewed to say the least. The only reason he gives the Spurs any credit is because he HAS to. Even a dumbshit like him can recognize the dominance of the Spurs, but having said that, you know it's just killing him inside that he can't replace "Spurs" with "Lakers".

florige
08-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't hate him but I don't miss Nazr.

I do strongly dislike Avery.

Why Avery? Because of Dallas??

2centsworth
08-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Avery's association with Mark Cuban has rubbed me wrong too. Especially since he's starting to whine just like Cuban.

ambchang
08-22-2007, 12:06 PM
1. Rodman (not just because of the 94 series, he dissed the Spurs pretty good too)
2. Samiki Walker (Coattails has no business talking about people being soft)
3. George Karl (Such a whiner, and ugly to boot.)

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I forgot about Samaki. He was always such a wannabe that his 'soft' comments were almost comical.

It's weird with Rodman. I think he would have been a horrible teammate, but I appreciated his ability to board. He was never a team guy and I think that was his downfall. He was a great fringe guy, but he played too important a role on the Spurs. He was looked at to be a team leader in SA, something he mentally was never really capable of.

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Why Avery? Because of Dallas??

I would never root for the coach of our division rival, I was proud of Avery for getting the job.
If it were not for his whining which I view as poor sportsmanship, I would just wish repeated loses on him our competition and leave it at that.

Carlesimo is coaching Seattle now. I won't stop liking him unless he starts acting the fool.

ShoogarBear
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I find it a joke that people hate Van Exel but not Beno.

Van Exel sucked because he had nothing left, but he still gave as much as he had.

Beno just doesn't give a shit.

ShoogarBear
08-22-2007, 12:32 PM
It seems funny to me that the thing people are saying they hate some players for is the opposite of Beno.

I really do not see how you can hate players who worked hard, were professional, put the team's best interest first, and never rocked the boat.

ploto
08-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I was not referring to Beno in the second part of my post and you know that.

Jimcs50
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I never hate a Spur...never

SRJ
08-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I really don't see how you can hate someone that you do not even know.

My usage of hate is the common usage - "hate" = "I strongly dislike". If I really did hate someone, I'd post my hatred very frequently and be unreasonable in my criticisms. (ducks and Lebron, for instance)

tosh
08-22-2007, 12:41 PM
3. Marc Iavaroni

2. Lloyd Daniels

1. Sydney Green

awful, just awful

Two more for good measure:

2. Charles Smith (the one who came from the Knicks)

1. Alfrederick Hughes

:bang :nope

shelshor
08-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Cherokee Parks
Dennis Rodman/Rod Strickland
Avery Johnson/George Karl

E20
08-22-2007, 02:38 PM
George Karl
The Owner that fired Pop and RC the first time
Insert someone else

Obstructed_View
08-22-2007, 05:15 PM
3. Marc Iavaroni

2. Lloyd Daniels

1. Sydney Green

awful, just awful

Two more for good measure:

2. Charles Smith (the one who came from the Knicks)

1. Alfrederick Hughes

:bang :nope
I was wondering if we were gonna get some Sidney Green and Charles Smith hate for good measure.

They are numbers 4 and 5 on my top three, though. Rodman, Hedo, DA.

SRJ
08-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Someone explain the Charles Smith hate to me. I understand he didn't work out as a player, but did he say something or do something negative toward the team or the city?

thispego
08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I was not referring to Beno in the second part of my post and you know that.
sounded like you were

yourcheatinheart
08-22-2007, 05:20 PM
horry
bowen
manu

thispego
08-22-2007, 05:21 PM
1. Rodman
2. Van Exel
3. Sean Marks
sean marks? how?

tlongII
08-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Only 3?

ChumpDumper
08-22-2007, 05:25 PM
sounded like you wereGee, who else could she be talking about?

Beno is getting up there, but judging from his interviews he may well be insane.

2centsworth
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I never hate a Spur...never
hate is too strong a word, but it just sounded better.

cherylsteele
08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I can not stand pro's that get paid to stay in shape and to work on their game that do not
This sounds like Jaren Jackson.
Does it have to be a player?
Bob Hill.

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2007, 07:54 PM
1. Beno
2. Rodman
3. NVE

ploto
08-22-2007, 09:34 PM
sounded like you were
If you have read my posts, you would know that I was not talking about Beno when I asked how fans can hate a guy who works hard and puts the team's interests ahead of his own.

I will never understand the extreme hatred by Spurs fans for Rasho- a guy who took less money to sign with San Antonio- who is a true professional- who never bitched or moaned to the media- who was loved by his teammates- who never had a negative thing to say about the organization even after he got traded- who has a charitable foundation and gives back to support endeavors in his country- who is what we claim we want Spurs players to be like-- humble, hard working, unselfish... I just don't see how you can hate a guy like that. Other names listed hated the city- spoke out against it and the organization- created distractions- were lazy... How Rasho could belong on a list of the most hated Spurs ever is beyond me. The people who listed him did not even list Beno-- they would rather have a guy like Beno on the Spurs than a guy like Rasho? And yes, I am sensitive about it because I had "supposed" Spurs fans say awful things to me AT Spurs games about suporting Rasho- it was like they were rooting against their own player, looking for a reason to hate him. Things said to me in the AT&T were infinitely worse than anything ever said to me in an opponent's arena- even in Dallas during the play-offs.

SequSpur
08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Why is Beno hated? I like him now, he doesn't get any minutes, but fuck he gets the best seat in the house and gets paid.

Dude is smart.

Willinsa
08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
I would say:

1. Rodman and Haley 2 cocksuckers
2. Charles Smith
3. Malik

Coach I would say John Lucas, Red got very cheap bringing in a damn addict to run the team. Funny how his won-loss record went to hell when he left SA.

Holt's Cat
08-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Malik is hated? I guess Spurs fans like losing to the Mavs.

Obstructed_View
08-23-2007, 01:51 AM
If you hate Rasho for his seeming lack of effort, then you have to hate Sean Elliott for the same reason. Both of them were frustratingly unaggressive, and were tantalizingly effective when they were.

And seriously, Malik? WTF? He was part of championship teams and was traded for a center who helped win another one.

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2007, 02:18 AM
1.tp = dunno why
2.beno = wheres the motivation mofo
3.hedo = didnt even show up in the playoffs

how much did hedo recieved that year from us??? i reckon the amount we spent on this clown shouldve just resigned stephen jackson....

The Truth #6
08-23-2007, 02:47 AM
If you hate Rasho for his seeming lack of effort, then you have to hate Sean Elliott for the same reason. Both of them were frustratingly unaggressive, and were tantalizingly effective when they were.

And seriously, Malik? WTF? He was part of championship teams and was traded for a center who helped win another one.

I can see what you're saying about Ninja but I think Rasho took unaggressiveness to a whole new low. I don't recall assistant coaches having to work with Sean on dunking drills to teach him what its like to be forceful. Secondly, Sean played with a bunch of soft coaches before Pop showed up who didn't get as much as they could out of some of their players. I think that's a tough comparison.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-23-2007, 04:22 AM
1) Rodman
2) Beno
3) Samaki

TheAuthority
08-23-2007, 05:27 AM
I don't get the hate for Beno. The guy's a solid player, Popovich just fucked up his development. He can't even get run in the regular season. He's certainly better than that scrub Vaughn. I guess no matter how shitty other facets of your game are, defense is the be all and end all with Popovich.

hsxvvd
08-23-2007, 06:38 AM
1. Dennis Rodman - Refused to guard Horry because he couldn't!
2. Dwayne Schintzius - Most ridiculous haircut in NBA history
3. Shane Heal -Pencil Dick Twink who shafted Mark Price to coach my local Aussie team.

... in 3 yrs time ... Tony Parker when he signs with the LAKERS!!! Jumps to NUMBER 1. with a BULLET!

ObiwanGinobili
08-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I don't get the hate for Beno. The guy's a solid player, Popovich just fucked up his development. He can't even get run in the regular season. He's certainly better than that scrub Vaughn. I guess no matter how shitty other facets of your game are, defense is the be all and end all with Popovich.

Pop didn;t fuck up shit. He gave Beno more attention and 100x's more chances then any other recent scrub player.

it;s not Pop's fault that Beno is a woe-is-me spoiled ball-less bitch, with an ego the size of Slovenia.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Pop actually did him a favor by parking his ass on the bench so much.
If he hadn't, Beno would NEVER have been in shape to be the guest of honor at not one, but TWO "Welcome Back, Beno" parties recently!
Way to go, Coach!

14dave
08-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Nazr Mohamed!!!!!!!

ambchang
08-23-2007, 08:25 PM
What did Haley ever do? Did I miss him bad-mouthing the Spurs and SA?