PDA

View Full Version : Shelly?

08-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Did you go to the grocery store? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130144061675&ru=http%)

SpursWoman
08-22-2007, 12:57 PM
That's wonderful. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

08-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Read her blog

August 7, 2007

Dear husband,

The purpose of this resignation letter is to inform you that I will be leaving my position with your family effective August 8. I will be relocating to the Bahamas in the near future. As much as I would love to stay on as your chief laundress, cook, nurse, nanny, teacher, chauffeur, household manager, accountant, waitress, and maid, I simply do not get paid enough to put up with your children's deeds. Today, for example, Spaz launched his dinner plate across the room like some medieval catapult because his "meatball was touching his spaghetti". I don't know what I was thinking when I spooned a meatball onto the same plate as his spaghetti!

Your sons also held a battle in the family room using pillows as their weapons of choice. When battling the forces of evil with pillows, I suppose one must take the high ground which would explain why they were jumping around on the couch while wildly flinging the pillows at each other. In doing so, the wooden frame of the couch snapped and burst through the fabric.

One of your children managed to lock everyone out of the bathroom. Well, I assume it was one of your children, however they unanimously agree that Notme was the guilty party. According to your children, Notme has been responsible for laying wet towels on the floor, spilling juice on the carpet, eating an entire pack of gum from my purse, dumping out buckets of toys, and flushing Barbie dolls down the toilet. I, however, have yet to catch Notme in the act.

When Nana asked me if she could get a screwdriver to take the doorknob off the door, I told her that I didn't want her to touch the door until I tried to unlock it. I can certainly see how she understood that to mean 'go outside, get Daddy's ladder, climb up into the bathroom through the window and then take the screwdriver to remove the doorknob from the inside of the bathroom.'

I have appreciated both being part of your family and the opportunities that have been provided to me during the last several years. Had I not held this position, I would never have learned that staples pass harmlessly through a one year old's digestive system, that nail polish sticks to the inside of a toilet bowl, or that blue popsicles will turn a toddler's poop neon green. Clearly the past thirteen years on this job have given me invaluable information and skills that will help me acquire a new position in the real world.

Please do not let me know if I can be of assistance during the transition.

Please do not try to reach me at the above address if you have any questions or need any further information. I have turned off my phone and am now enjoying doing nothing but reading non-Dr. Seuss books, eating food other than mac-n-cheese and chicken nuggets, wearing clothes without spit up stains or dirty hand prints, and consuming large quantities of tropical rum drinks with little paper umbrellas.

Sincerely,

~Dawn

P.S. I finally found the source of the oddly colored liquid that spilled all over the inside of the refrigerator. It leaked from a jar of pickles into which Aj, doing some sort of experiment known only to him, had poured a packet of KoolAid and sugar.

duncan228
08-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for posting this.

She's a great writer, I laughed through it all.

And her Pokemon Cards are up to $106.!

Shelly
08-22-2007, 01:13 PM
:lol

Those days are long gone.

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2007, 01:23 PM
:lmao :lmao

thats it. I'm stopping at 3.

SpursWoman
08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
:lol

Those days are long gone.

Yeah, the day I could start going to the store sans kids was one of the best days ever. :lol

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I want Dawn's old job... someday. :)

Flea
08-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, the day I could start going to the store sans kids was one of the best days ever. :lol

August 27th 2007!!!

:clap :elephant :clap :elephant :clap :elephant

I'm just a little excited.

Shelly
08-22-2007, 01:37 PM

That, and being able to go out at night without having to get a sitter anymore! wooo!

Shelly
08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
August 27th 2007!!!

This week is draaaaaging.

Flea
08-22-2007, 01:41 PM
That, and being able to go out at night without having to get a sitter anymore! wooo!

We just started doing that this summer. Well we still have a sitter, my oldest, and we pay her but it's nice not having to find someone else and I can give her a rain check if I need to. :lol

Flea
08-22-2007, 01:42 PM
This week is draaaaaging.

No kidding!

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I HATE having to get a sitter!!
erg.

and I'm damn picky. so I only let family watch my kids ofr any extended period of time. So it;s either my mom or my in-laws. And do you knwo whta kind of ass I have to kiss just so we can go see a frigging movie?

duncan228
08-22-2007, 01:54 PM
August 27th 2007!!!

Back-To-School.

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

Shelly
08-22-2007, 01:54 PM
We just started doing that this summer. Well we still have a sitter, my oldest, and we pay her but it's nice not having to find someone else and I can give her a rain check if I need to. :lol

We started about a year ago, when my oldest was 13. When the girl across the street started sitting for us, she was 13. Plus, we know all our immediate neighbors really well, so if there was a problem, they can go to them until we get home.

ploto
08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
She reminds me of Erma Bombeck.