PDA

View Full Version : Busted!

Nbadan
08-22-2007, 05:44 PM
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8191/montebello20aot050highlcv4.png
What are the chances of protestors and police wearing the same boots?

OTTAWA – Protesters are accusing police of using undercover agents to provoke violent confrontations at the North American leaders' summit in Montebello, Que. Such accusations have been made before after similar demonstrations but this time the alleged "agents provocateurs" have been caught on camera.

A video, posted on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow), shows three young men, their faces masked by bandannas, mingling Monday with protesters in front of a line of police in riot gear. At least one of the masked men is holding a rock in his hand. The three are confronted by protest organizer Dave Coles, president of the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada. Coles makes it clear the masked men are not welcome among his group of protesters, whom he describes as mainly grandparents. He urges them to leave and find their own protest location.

The three do not appear to have been arrested or charged with any offence. Police confirm that only four protesters were arrested during the summit – two men and two women. All have been charged with obstruction and resisting arrest. Veteran protester Jaggi Singh, who is helping to circulate the video as widely as possible, said all four of those arrested are known to organizers and are genuine protesters.

"But we see very clearly in that video three (other) men being arrested . . . How do (police) account for these three people being taken in, being arrested? Where did they go?" Singh said

The Star (http://www.thestar.com/News/article/248608)

Their boots were identical to police issue.
Their age and size was inconsistent with that of other anarchists at this and other demonstrations.
Their deportment during the confrontation with the union leader.
Their refusal to remove their face masks.
Their refusal to leave the area when asked by the union leader.
One carried a rock up to police lines and was not challenged.
One appeared to engage a police officer in conversation immediately after they were named as police officers.
They pushed through police lines with great ease immediately after they were named as police officers.
The fact that they pushed through the police line at all, rather than just leaving the demonstration peacefully like any citizen could.
There was no sign of a struggle during their "arrest".
There was no reason either given or apparent for the "arrest"
At least one of their masks was not removed during the "arrest" (we don't know about the other two).
They walked off calmly to waiting police vehicles.
The police reported all arrests except these three.

boutons_
08-22-2007, 05:48 PM
:lol

Waiting for WC to spin this one... :lol

Jamtas#2
08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Is WC expected to spin for the Canadian Police? They are the ones depicted correct?

Wild Cobra
08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
:lol

Waiting for WC to spin this one... :lol
There you go showing your ignorance again.

It appears the police were trying to provide a reason to stop a peaceful protest. I do wonder were the truth lies.

I have witnessed police doing shameful and illegal things myself. My experience is that it happens where liberals have control of the local government. The police policies become an extension of who ever pulls their strings.

If you wish to pursue this thread, I would suggest looking at the structure of the local government. Find out who and party affiliation controls the police actions.

Nbadan
08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
If you wish to pursue this thread, I would suggest looking at the structure of the local government. Find out who and party affiliation controls the police actions.

This was for the media....show the protestors getting violent, ruin the credibility of their words......

Wild Cobra
08-22-2007, 07:08 PM
This was for the media....show the protestors getting violent, ruin the credibility of their words......
I would agree that is the likely truth. However, shouldn't you make the effort to prove that contention?

Nbadan
08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
However, shouldn't you make the effort to prove that contention?

Why kinda proof is there? everyone seems to always just melt away once the M$M gets their shots.....but when something keeps happening over and over again, well....

DarkReign
08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
The governments involved in the dissolution of national sovereignty will do almost anything to achieve their goals.

This minor incident is about a 1 on a scale of 10. Wait until crunch time.

DarkReign
08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
On a lighter note....

Those damn Canadians still cant get anything right! Not even subversion.

smeagol
08-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Dan is the king of conspiracy theories.

How the fuck do you find these stories? Are you 24/7 surfing the web?

DarkReign
08-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Dan is the king of conspiracy theories.

Well unfortunately, this isnt a conspiracy. Its reality.

DarkReign
08-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Smeagol,

Did I mention that you were next, btw?

Wild Cobra
08-23-2007, 02:05 PM
All I want to know is who ordered the plants, assuming that's what happened.

E20
08-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Maybe they had a sale at a boot store?

Nbadan
08-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Not your everyday anarchists...

http://www.cupe.ca/gallery/albums/montebello-monday/Montebello_20_ao_t_044.sized.jpg
rock in hand doesn't seem to concern the police and tall guy is just dorkey

Nbadan
08-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Freudian slip?

The provincial police, in a news release, said its officers went undercover to identify and stop non-peaceful protesters.

"In no time did the police of the Sûreté du Québec act as instigators or commit criminal acts," the news release states in French.

Link (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/08/23/police-montebello.html)

Nbadan
08-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Did I mention that the boots are Vibram Style #134AR (http://www.vibram.us/products/popup.asp?Product=134AR&style=Fire) - standard police issue boots!