PDA

View Full Version : most hated (or at least disliked) non spurs player?

romain.star
08-23-2007, 06:33 AM
yeah, yeah, the off season is too long for me too....

hsxvvd
08-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Shaquille O'Neal.

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Kg
Kg
Kg

Cry Havoc
08-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Shaq, Antoine Walker, Payton, Fortson

sanman53
08-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Shaq, Karl Malone, KG

Testing
08-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Kobe

Darkwaters
08-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Definitely Kobe. I can't just hear all of the "rapist...rapist...rapist..." chants. Plus, hes a pompous arrogant ass.

TheAuthority
08-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Kobe, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Rip Hamilton

MajorMike
08-23-2007, 08:26 AM
No one will ever be more unliked by a fanbase than Karl Malone was by the Spurs (tho Eli Manning to Chargers fans would be a close 2nd).

I think the only other players I hear Spurs fans boo on a regular basis are Vince Carter and his brother Kenyon Martin.

Phenomanul
08-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Karl Malone (no explanation needed)
Shaq (for his ever present disrespect of SA and The Admiral)
Ray Allen (for his crybaby antics)
Vince Carter (ditto)
Derek Fisher (cool man off the court, but it's hard to forget 0.4)
Amare Stoudemire (completely disrespectful off and on the court; the push-ups incident, his 'Spurs are dirty' whine, etc...)
Dirk Nowitzki (can't stand his rock&roll 'tongue out' celebration)
Raja Bell (Along with Anderson Varejao they are the biggest floppers in the league)

romain.star
08-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Raja Bell (Along with Anderson Varejao they are the biggest floppers in the league)

Well, God knows how much i love manu but he is a flopper too... sometimes...

Phenomanul
08-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Well, God knows how much i love manu but he is a flopper too... sometimes...

Manu tuned it down a notch... besides, Manu is fearless and isn't afraid to take real contact. Raja just dishes it, but can't handle it himself.

romain.star
08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Manu is fearless and isn't afraid to take real contact. Raja just dishes it, but can't handle it himself.

i agree

hater
08-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Hall of Fame: Malone

#1 Ray Allen (just picturing his gay face of disgust after EVERY SINGLE defensive play from Bowen)
#2 Amare (IQ of 34 + thug sense of entitlement + a big mouth = Amare)
#3 Stackhouse (dirty)
#4 Terry (dirty nut puncher)

others: Vince Carter, Kobe, Carmello...

Oh, Gee!!
08-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Malone (all-time most hated)

Shaq was for me the most hated player still playing, but he's not so bad now.

I haven't decided who takes his place as the most hated player still playing.

Oh, Gee!!
08-23-2007, 09:23 AM
The problem for me is that I can't hate a lot of the good players (Nash, Stodemire, Kobe, etc.) because I like their games too much. It was easy for me to hate on Malone and Shaq because IMO their games were not pleasing to the eye.

duncan228
08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Shaq because of his over blown ego. I don't care how great his game may be, have a little modesty.

Any player that whines continuosly. I can take the occasional moan but don't like anyone that uses it as a mode of operation. Let your game speak for you.

ObiwanGinobili
08-23-2007, 09:48 AM
kobe
ray allen
vince carter
raja bell

honorable mentions:
snaq
amare
dirk
stephan marbury
carl malone
rodman
Beno

Manu Pacquiao
08-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Karl Malone wasnt that bad. He had sharp elbows, and he knew it too. He was dirty but if back then, the Spurs could acquire him in exchange for Cadillac Anderson, Charles Smith and Vinnie Del Negro (sorry,Vin) I'd like him to be a good partner to DRobinson in the frontcourt.

He was like the physical, nasty uncle who you'd play pick up ball with as a young guy. He'd give a couple of "soft-ish" cheap shots at you when youre guarding him. But when youre teammates, you know your big,bad uncle got your back.

Reggie Miller
08-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Tie between Kobe and Shaq. Malone would be higher, but Kobe and Shaq have earned my hate both as a Pacers' fan and as a Spurs' fan. Personality-wise Kobe and Shaq aren't as different as people think, by the way. Shaq's buddies in Florida law enforcement have bailed him out on at least one occasion for a sexual harrasment/intimidation charge.*

*If anyone cares, I will find the title of the book that tracks the case. It is a study of NBA players and the criminal justice system that came out a few years ago.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
My votes are pretty much in line with Oh Gee. All time has gotta be Malone. The only difference I have is that I'd rank Ray Allen as tied with Shaq for my disdain.

I dislike Shaq on a less personal basis. There was a lot of wasted potential there and I think that if he were called for half of the offensive fouls and travels he actually commits he'd average about 4 minutes per game.

Ray Allen is more of a Spurs specific pick. He's a whiny little bitch who went out of his way to trash Bruce Bowen. I hope he busts in Boston and they boo his sorry ass straight out of New England.

EDIT: Reggie, I might be interested in the title. I need to start wasting less time on the internet at work.

SRJ
08-23-2007, 10:26 AM
The hated HOF for me is:

1) Karl Malone
2) Karl Malone
3) Shaquille O'Neal (I realize Shaq is still active, but he was at his most obnoxious when he was still one of the top three, top five players. I don't care now)
4) Karl Malone

Present day
1) Kobe - brilliant player, and for that I will always give him his due. But he's a grade-A, 100%, bona-fide horse's ass. No one in basketball is more divisive, more of an egomaniac, more of a drama queen
2) Amare - works his ass off and is a great athlete. He is also stupider than a box of engine parts. Personally, I can't wait to watch when Nash is gone and Amare suddenly has to get all of these shots at the rim by himself.

Soul_Patch
08-23-2007, 10:34 AM
ray allen and kobe bryant.

doldrums
08-23-2007, 10:35 AM
amare
jr smith

O-Factor
08-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Vince Carter (ditto)
Amare Stoudemire (completely disrespectful off and on the court; the push-ups incident, his 'Spurs are dirty' whine, etc...)

:toast

I hate malone

41times
08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
In no particular order:

Karl Malone
A.I.
Spreewell- got yacht reposessed!
Rasheed
Reggie Miller
Ron Artest
Bill Walton
and
Spike Lee - not a player but Shut the F#ck Up!

O-Factor
08-23-2007, 11:04 AM
I hate Walton too, though was like 2 yrs old when he was playing

thispego
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Kobe, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Rip Hamilton
Rip Hamilton?

naico
08-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Amare
Nowitzki
Terry

Switchman
08-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Malone
Shaq
Fisher .4
Allen
Melo Anthony
Iverson (we talkin' bout practice!?)
Nugget's Coach
Sun's Coach
Phil Jackson (top 1 imo)
Bill Walton (gave us shit every chance he got when it was us and the lakers. Once we took the throne he praises us)

I'll start hatin' amarie when they actually beat us for once.

Oh, Gee!!
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Amare
Nowitzki
Terry

I don't really hate those guys because they haven't beaten us on a consistent level like the jazz and lakers used to. I mean those teams used to embarass us, and for years. That's why I hated Malone and used to hate Shaq.

urunobili
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Amare
Raja Bell
Shawn Marion ( all this three always hurt somehow Manu)
Ray Allen (keep your mouth shut when Bowen shuts YOU down)
Rip Hamilton (for elbowing parker)
Jason Terry (Finley Punch)
Jerry Stackhouse (dirty)

Reggie Miller
08-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Reggie, I might be interested in the title. I need to start wasting less time on the internet at work.

Out of Bounds: Inside the NBA's Culture of Rape, Violence, and Crime

Jeff Benedict

New York: HarperCollins (2004).

Basically, it is a study based on court and police records with some commentary by the author and various participants (victims, witnesses, etc.) It's not the best written book I've ever read, but very disturbing. When you consider all of the unreported problems players may have, the stats and raw numbers alone are staggering.

dbestpro
08-23-2007, 12:20 PM
1. Karl Malone
2. Amare Stoudamire
3. Dirk Nowitski
4. Ray Allen
5. John Stockton
6. Shaq
7. Fisher
8. Bryant
9. Wallace R.
10. Terry

Special nod goes to owners Cuban and Sarver for their constant whining.

SpurYank
08-23-2007, 01:03 PM
All the non-Spur players on these lists appear to be tied for the lead. There is one former Spur who left, went to the Nets, and came back angrier than hell. In one game, when George Karl was one of our starting guards, he went after Karl with both fists flying. (George Karl was the ABA's champion flopper back then.) We almost had a free-for-all in the old arena.

His name is Rich Jones.

HOEmada
08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Does anyone else hate Reggie Evans with a passion?

Magic_Johnson
08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
antoine walker: his game is ugly
amare:dumbass

baron davis because he's friend with jessica alba and i'm not

midgetonadonkey
08-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Beno

naico
08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
antoine walker: his game is ugly
amare:dumbass

baron davis because he's friend with jessica alba and i'm not

Well he's friends with her ex-boyfriend..

Nashfan
08-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Shaq because of his over blown ego. I don't care how great his game may be, have a little modesty.

Any player that whines continuosly. I can take the occasional moan but don't like anyone that uses it as a mode of operation. Let your game speak for you.

Then I guess you must not like Duncan, Bowen and somewhat Parker since they whine on almost every play that doesn't go their way. :)

Nashfan
08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Amare
Raja Bell
Shawn Marion ( all this three always hurt somehow Manu)
Ray Allen (keep your mouth shut when Bowen shuts YOU down)
Rip Hamilton (for elbowing parker)
Jason Terry (Finley Punch)
Jerry Stackhouse (dirty)

What you wrote after Marion's name is very laughable :lol

mardigan
08-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Matt Harpring
Devan Harris

duncan228
08-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Then I guess you must not like Duncan, Bowen and somewhat Parker since they whine on almost every play that doesn't go their way. :)

I'm an admitted Duncan homer.

I also admit he can whine.
Shit, he can whine with just his eyes and his hands up in the air.

But you won't hear him whine off the court, in press conferences, to the newspapers. That's the mode of operation I'm referring to.

14dave
08-23-2007, 01:36 PM
- KG
- C. Anthony
- Payton
- Kobe
- Amare Stoudemire

Nashfan
08-23-2007, 01:38 PM
The hated HOF for me is:

1) Karl Malone
2) Karl Malone
3) Shaquille O'Neal (I realize Shaq is still active, but he was at his most obnoxious when he was still one of the top three, top five players. I don't care now)
4) Karl Malone

Present day
1) Kobe - brilliant player, and for that I will always give him his due. But he's a grade-A, 100%, bona-fide horse's ass. No one in basketball is more divisive, more of an egomaniac, more of a drama queen
2) Amare - works his ass off and is a great athlete. He is also stupider than a box of engine parts. Personally, I can't wait to watch when Nash is gone and Amare suddenly has to get all of these shots at the rim by himself.

Amare isn't really stupid like you seem to think, he is just arrogant because of his childhood. He puts a shield up to protect himself since he couldn't depend on anyone else in his life and still can't. As to him getting shots after Nash retires, he did just fine when Marbury was the point guard. We all know Marbury is a shoot first point guard so that blows that theory of yours.

shelshor
08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
KoMe
Amare
Vince Carter
Ray Allen
The entire Mavs team and organization
Karl Malone
Reggie Miller
Mel Counts
The entire Suns team and organization
Bill Laimbeer

da_suns_fan__
08-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Vince Carter (ditto)

Don't hate cuz a guy plays with passion. Thats why everyone loves Amare..... cuz he's not afraid to show that he's having a good time playing basketball.

Spurs should take note. And Spurs fans should stop whining about some pushups Amare did three seasons ago after taking a hard foul.

Nashfan
08-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm an admitted Duncan homer.

I also admit he can whine.
Shit, he can whine with just his eyes and his hands up in the air.

But you won't hear him whine off the court, in press conferences, to the newspapers. That's the mode of operation I'm referring to.

That is true that he can whine with just his eyes and his hands up in the air. I understand what you are getting at with whining off the court and agree there. :)

Oh, Gee!!
08-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't even hate Malone anymore come to think of it. The guy was one of the all-time greats and a hall-of-famer. I guess I used to hate him because of all the bad memories in the playoffs, but that was a long time ago and the spurs are now the best team in all of sports. So, I guess my point is that I find it hard to hate on any player because we have too much to be happy about.

himat
08-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I'll do most hated non pistons players.

Bowen (great defender but the punching, grabbing, kicking, and pushing gets annoying after a while)

Verajao (flopping)

Antoine Walker

hater
08-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Amare isn't really stupid like you seem to think, he is just arrogant because of his childhood. He puts a shield up to protect himself since he couldn't depend on anyone else in his life and still can't. As to him getting shots after Nash retires, he did just fine when Marbury was the point guard. We all know Marbury is a shoot first point guard so that blows that theory of yours.

huh, no Amare is dumb as shit. that is a proven fact.

the funniest thing is when he gets called for a foul it takes him an abnormal amount of time to realize he's been called for a foul and to decide how bad of a reaction he must show the refs

Brutalis
08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
IMHO most long time Spurs fans can easily tell you it's Malone.

Other than that, Shaq and KG always pushing DRob in the back cause he was so small yet same height.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
While there is no doubt that Starbury dominates the ball, he wasn't just a chucker in Phoenix. He averaged more than 8 assists per game in his three years there in a system that wasn't as up tempo as the current one.

Stoudemire is overrated, but it's unfair to hate him for what is the media's fault.

Spurminator
08-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Eduardo Najera is an injury waiting to happen every time he sets foot on the court. I can't stand him.

Reggie Miller
08-23-2007, 04:46 PM
There's a lot of hate on this thread for Reggie Miller. What's the deal? Why would a Spurs' fan hate Miller? It's not like he ever hurt the Spurs.

Seriously, I can see why someone would dislike Miller, but "most hated" seems a little over the top. Please enlighten me...

Reggie Miller
08-23-2007, 04:52 PM
huh, no Amare is dumb as shit. that is a proven fact.

the funniest thing is when he gets called for a foul it takes him an abnormal amount of time to realize he's been called for a foul and to decide how bad of a reaction he must show the refs

I enjoyed that immensely; it really made my day. If I had provided a top ten, Amare would have made it.

Amare is actually dumber than shit. At least my fecal material doesn't think it's a Black Jesus. (Not really sure about anyone else's. YMMV.)

Spurminator
08-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Miller was my favorite non-Spur during his career.

wildbill2u
08-23-2007, 05:08 PM
All the non-Spur players on these lists appear to be tied for the lead. There is one former Spur who left, went to the Nets, and came back angrier than hell. In one game, when George Karl was one of our starting guards, he went after Karl with both fists flying. (George Karl was the ABA's champion flopper back then.) We almost had a free-for-all in the old arena.

His name is Rich Jones.
I remember that free for all. Do you also remember Jones chasing a fat Baseline Bum from the floor up to the roof of the old Hemisfair Arena?

Good to see another old-timer whose competitive fires haven't dimmed with the years. What about George McGinnis? He and Bill Keller of the old Indiana Pacers were constant thorns in the Spurs hides for many years.

With Keller it was just that he could beat you with those 3s raining down.

But McGinnis was a special case because he'd just take those 250 pounds and put his head down going for the basket. And most of the time it was George Karl who'd get in his way and take the charge--sometimes landing way out of bounds. Those Phoenix fans who think Nash got picked on by Horry simply haven't seen anybody really get knocked out of bounds like the old days.

CarefreeAZ
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Had to respond to this -

My #1 = Jerry Stackhouse(Has a knack for comitting the super hard foul on break-away layups/dunks)

Least favorite coach = Phil Jackson - has been given way too much credit. I believe Popovich is a much better coach. The arrogance of Phil Jackson and Kobe is mutual. It sure has been nice watching them get put in their place with the one and done playoff exits.

Lastly, I have to agree with the poster that talked about Amare not registering it upstairs when he got called for a foul. I remember one game last year where he had blocked a shot and then went up again to block the shot and got called for the foul. It was his sixth and he was so jacked up/excited that Marion had to tell him he had fouled out.

GSH
08-24-2007, 08:04 AM
1. Rodman (obvious reasons)
2. Jaren Jackson (got fat contract - retired to bench)
3. Will Perdue (gave clumsy people of the world a bad name)
4. Rasho Nesterovic (only eunuch to ever play in the NBA)
5. Malik Rose

GSH
08-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Okay...I just put Malik on there to raise some peoples' blood pressure momemtarily. Calm down...stop writing your replies.

stretch
08-24-2007, 09:05 AM
No one will ever be more unliked by a fanbase than Karl Malone was by the Spurs (tho Eli Manning to Chargers fans would be a close 2nd).

I think the only other players I hear Spurs fans boo on a regular basis are Vince Carter and his brother Kenyon Martin.
I dunno. I hear Chicago people hate Bill Laimbeer quite a bit.

Kamnik
08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Why all the shaq hate? :p:

I hate Arenas self loving attitude.

But i dont know why... i love how shaq does it. He is cool and funny in my eyes. :toast

In the NBA i dislike:

-AMARE (stupid as a brick, trashtalks and shows off)

-KG (he once knocked down a teammate for no good reason-Rick Rickert; he acted like a superstar bitch; and i know for a fact Rickert is a good guy)

-Gilbert Arenas (self centred asshole)

-Lebron James (ok maybe not his fault.... but u always hear Lebron this Lebron that blablabla; when there are players better and more fun to watch then him imo; also the nail biting is annoying)

Kobe is borderline.... i cant really hate a guy who plays so hard and really desires to win

2centsworth
08-24-2007, 10:41 AM
jr smith
how can you hate a productive player on your own team?

romain.star
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Arenas is a fucking asshole... the biggest asshole on earth, he is a disgrace to this game and to this league... fuck him

Strike
08-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Arenas is a fucking asshole... the biggest asshole on earth, he is a disgrace to this game and to this league... fuck him

Agreed. I love how he talked about droppin 50 on my hometown Blazers twice last season only to get punked both times. :lol

There's been about 6 or 7 players in my time that I've truly despised. Arenas is on that list with guys like Laimbeer, Malone, Shaq, Sam Bowie, and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment.

angel_luv
08-24-2007, 03:31 PM
I personally wish Reggie Miller still played. That would get him off TNT.

Off the tope of my head, I dislike Kobe, Jerry Stackhouse, Jason Terry, Amare, Ray Allen.
I don't hate any of them, just would not want them on a team I root for or own.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I imagine that if Reggie had played in the west and Spurs fans had to see him four times a year plus the playoffs he'd be pretty well reviled. As it stands it was always fun to see him busting Spike's balls.

Reggie Miller
08-24-2007, 04:25 PM
What about George McGinnis? He and Bill Keller of the old Indiana Pacers were constant thorns in the Spurs hides for many years.

With Keller it was just that he could beat you with those 3s raining down.

But McGinnis was a special case because he'd just take those 250 pounds and put his head down going for the basket. And most of the time it was George Karl who'd get in his way and take the charge--sometimes landing way out of bounds. Those Phoenix fans who think Nash got picked on by Horry simply haven't seen anybody really get knocked out of bounds like the old days.

McGinnis used to wear the Spurs out, particularly in Indy. George was a beast, and one of the few ABA stars who did well in the NBA. (Gervin and Erving also come to mind!) Size does matter...

I didn't think anyone remembered Keller! Good all-around player as well as a shooter. The Pacers and Colonels played pretty tough defense for the ABA.

Reggie Miller
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I personally wish Reggie Miller still played. That would get him off TNT.

I'm afraid I agree. Reggie is hilarious in interviews or when he was on the old Dan Patrick show. I was pretty shocked to see how awful he is on TNT.

dav4463
08-25-2007, 03:46 AM
jason terry and dirk nowitski

Slo spurs fan
08-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Phil Jackson and his * shit talking.

wildchild
08-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Kobe and Dirk. Much talent hurts my eyes

Dirk Nowitzki (can't stand his rock&roll 'tongue out' celebration) :lol

nfg3
08-25-2007, 10:07 AM
1. Karl Malone - obvious

2. Shaq - overblown ego and dissed SA and Drob - if he played in the 70's - 80's he fouls out by halftime

3. Kobe - egomaniac and the most divisive palyer in the league but God do I love his game.

4. Ray Allen - total whiny little ........

5. Amare - dissing SA and his whinning to the press - suck it up and go play! But he is just being like coach with three names. And I aggree that when Nash goes tough times are a coming.

6. KG - I really don't "hate" him but he has wasted his potential - too soft of a player and shrinks in crunch time.

7. Vince Carter - combo of Ray Allen and KG's shrinking in crunch time.

8. Timekeeper for Game 5 SA vs. LA 2004 - second round- It wasn't Fisher but that moron on the clock who beat us. Yeah I know he isn't a player but what the hell was he doing/thinking?

9. R Wallace - just for being himself and a totally out of control A-hole - no class and professionalism.

10. Isisah Thomas - as a player he was as dirty as they came. As a coach he totally sucks but I wont be too hard on him because he took Malik's contract off our hands. Thanks Zeke!

Avitus1
08-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Amare Stoudemire