PDA

View Full Version : Firefly

08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Bought the complete season the other day, and since the wife and ankle biters were out of town yesterday, got to watch a mess of episodes last night.

Good show, too bad Fox yet again fucked up a watchable series (S:AAB, Fastlane, Harsh Realm).

And Jewel Staite? She makes my boxer/briefs get snug...

http://www.101lifestyle.com/images/celebs/jewel_staite/jewelstaite-pics-007.jpg

ATRAIN
08-23-2007, 08:47 AM
yeah she is hot......it was a great show and I hope they make a sequel to Serenity.

CuckingFunt
08-23-2007, 08:49 AM
The fact that I've yet to watch either "Firefly" or Serenity (though I've been meaning to do so since they were new) is probably grounds to take away my nerd license.

peewee's lovechild
08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
The fact that I've yet to watch either "Firefly" or Serenity (though I've been meaning to do so since they were new) is probably grounds to take away my nerd license.

Joss Whedon will have you killed.

How can you claim to be a member of nerdom if you've never seen either of them????

I'm disappointed in you.

PakiDan
08-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm a huge fan of firefly.... I too hope for a Serenity sequal.

Spurminator
08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I borrowed the DVD set from a friend last year and I watched it in about a week. Great show.

Speaking of shows that weren't on long enough, I'm in the middle of watching "Freaks and Geeks" right now.

ObiwanGinobili
08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
I <3 Firefly and Serenity.
Damn shame it was only 14 episodes.
Lucky me I never watched it untill it was netflixable. I'm way to imaptient to wait 6 days between episodes and then be told there will be no more. Thankfully I missed out on that disappointment and just got to enjoy the program for what it was.

u2sarajevo
08-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Funny thing, this thread. The collectors edition of Serenity was released this week. And it is highly recommended by me for any of you Firefly fans.

Inara or Kaylee? It's the sci-fi equivalent to Mary or Ginger.

ATRAIN
08-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Funny thing, this thread. The collectors edition of Serenity was released this week. And it is highly recommended by me for any of you Firefly fans.

whats in the collector's edition?

samikeyp
08-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Good show, too bad Fox yet again fucked up a watchable series (S:AAB, Fastlane, Harsh Realm).

I was a huge fan of Space: above and beyond. Really liked Fastlane too.

Jamie Pressly and Tiffani Thesen....mmmmmmmmmm.

u2sarajevo
08-23-2007, 10:09 AM
whats in the collector's edition?The usual extras.... 4 new extended scenes, etc... but the highlights are the featurettes which include a "tour" of Serenity, plus the River sessions from the Academy (that were released on the internet leading up to Serenity being released as a viral marketing campaign). There are also new audio commentaries from Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldin, Summer Glau, and Ron Glass.

To top it off, the back of the 3 fold box has a great picture of River standing after purging the Reavers, holding the sword and the axe.

peewee's lovechild
08-23-2007, 11:30 AM

Inara, for sure.

I read an internet rumor that Joss Whedon wanted to use her as Wonder Woman when he was attached to the project.

That would have been perfect.

ATRAIN
08-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Inara, for sure.

I read an internet rumor that Joss Whedon wanted to use her as Wonder Woman when he was attached to the project.

That would have been perfect.

she was hot, that one episode called Jane's town was funny.

Avitus1
08-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I personally think the show was fuckin stupid.

ashbeeigh
08-23-2007, 11:39 AM
My roommate and her boyfriend made me watch this hung over one night. I'm not one to enjoy this kind of nerdy out of this world kind of stuff ... but it wasn't too bad. I still haven't seen Serenity yet, though.

McLovin
08-23-2007, 11:44 AM
this show was great! so many sweet babes that give me a boner!

Evan
08-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Good show. I think the deathblow was fox supposedly airing the season out of order.

Might want to check out BattleStar Galactica if you like it. www.netflix.com...

Start with the mini series if you do.

ATRAIN
08-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Good show. I think the deathblow was fox supposedly airing the season out of order.

Might want to check out BattleStar Galactica if you like it. www.netflix.com...

Start with the mini series if you do.

Ive wanted the check out Battlestar.....the inner uber geek in me has wanted too, but I havent had a chance. Have heard good things about it.

Evan
08-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Hate to over sell but its the best sci fi series I have ever seen and one of the best regular shows. And I normally love shows like Dexter and 6 feet under.

Just make sure you see this first...

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Battlestar_Galactica_The_Miniseries/70018474?trkid=64596

spurschick
08-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Loved Firefly and Serenity! I've been meaning to get the series on DVD... perhaps I'll ask Santa to bring it to me. :spin

peewee's lovechild
08-23-2007, 01:20 PM
BattleStar is a pretty cool show, but I've missed out the past two seasons.

ObiwanGinobili
08-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Ive wanted the check out Battlestar.....the inner uber geek in me has wanted too, but I havent had a chance. Have heard good things about it.

YOU SIMPLY MUST NETFLIX IT NOW!! :hungry:

the new BSG is the single greatest show on television.

the original BSG was a bucket of horse manure, I now have so much awe, respect and appreciation for Ronald Moore that he was able to craft such an incredible show out of the remnants of that 1970's load of shit.

start with the miniseries, then watch seasons 1-3.
If you finish by Jan 2008 then you can watch the final 24 episodes on Sci-Fi weekly with the rest of us Uber Geeks.

Evan
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
You can easily finish by Jan 08. Very short seasons.

I love how they compensated for a less than stellar SpecialFX budget by those moving camera angles. Genius.

"Fracking!"

man I am a nerd....

spurschick
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
BSG is awesome - I can't believe we have to wait til Spring of 08 for the next season.

ATRAIN
08-23-2007, 02:33 PM
YOU SIMPLY MUST NETFLIX IT NOW!! :hungry:

the new BSG is the single greatest show on television.

the original BSG was a bucket of horse manure, I now have so much awe, respect and appreciation for Ronald Moore that he was able to craft such an incredible show out of the remnants of that 1970's load of shit.

start with the miniseries, then watch seasons 1-3.
If you finish by Jan 2008 then you can watch the final 24 episodes on Sci-Fi weekly with the rest of us Uber Geeks.

ok ill get started.

L.I.T
08-23-2007, 02:33 PM
BSG is greatness...not the awesomeness that was Firefly and Serenity (a movie, which IMHO, is one of the finest sci-fi films since the halcyon days of the 70s and 80s), but damn good. I'm glad they are ending it this next season, no chance of it over-staying.

ATRAIN
08-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Do we have any of the Sci fi Dune fans here?

u2sarajevo
08-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Do we have any of the Sci fi Dune fans here?Without a doubt.

I loved the original trilogy. I've read the other novels but none compare to those three.

ObiwanGinobili
08-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Do we have any of the Sci fi Dune fans here?

Wordage.

altho I appreciate the books better than the sci-fi channel movies.

and dont; get CBF started on Dune. he'll go on for days.

do a search here in the club for Dune, starwars, star trek, BSG, etc etc etc.
there is def. an undercurrent of dorkism amongst Spurs Fans.

Evan
08-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Without a doubt.

I loved the original trilogy. I've read the other novels but none compare to those three.

Right on.

That first Dune book is an excellent read. A top 10-er