PDA

View Full Version : need help with vehicle financing.

2centsworth
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
trying to sell my van to my brother-n-law. Van's blue book is 7k, but am selling it to my brother-n-law for 4k. However, he doesn't have the 4k and doesn't have great credit. Anyone know of a finance company that could possibly help him get financing?

BacktoBasics
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
American General. Whats wrong with his credit?

MoSpur
08-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Capital One

2centsworth
08-24-2007, 03:09 PM
American General. Whats wrong with his credit?
580. no tradelines.

BacktoBasics
08-24-2007, 03:18 PM
How do you have no tradelines and a score? Surely he has some tradelines. Did you check all three bureaus. 580 is a doable score. What year is the vehicle? Where does he bank? Where does he work? Does he have direct deposit on his paycheck. There are lots of things that could help him. I need more info to better advise you.

ashbeeigh
08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Capital One

:tu My parents went through Capital One and they have shitty credit.

And now it's on to me once I get a job and enough for a down payment for my first car. :elephant

2centsworth
08-24-2007, 03:27 PM
How do you have no tradelines and a score? Surely he has some tradelines. Did you check all three bureaus. 580 is a doable score. What year is the vehicle? Where does he bank? Where does he work? Does he have direct deposit on his paycheck. There are lots of things that could help him. I need more info to better advise you.
no active tradelines, all paid off and closed. Ford F250 1998 with 25k miles. I never drove the thing.

He's self-employed with no real banking relationships.

I know it doesn't sound great.

BacktoBasics
08-24-2007, 03:34 PM
You don't have to have active tradelines to get bought. Being that he's self-employed does he work under a company name or just his name? I rarely list anyone as self-employed, I just put GM or operations mgr. I'd tell him to go to his bank whichever that is and see if they'll do a short term signature loan with that vehicle as collateral. They usually loan 50% of book value so those numbers are close.

I would highly recommend he just pay the 30 bucks and get all three of his credit reports with scores to see whats in his files. He could have everything paid off and one collection for 200 bucks holding him back, he could just pay it off and wait 30 days. 580 isn't all that bad for auto lending. Does he have bankruptcies, repo's, backed child support or old unpaid medical bills?

SequSpur
08-24-2007, 07:13 PM
eloan.com

ducks
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
get a load from jim

CubanMustGo
08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I would highly recommend he just pay the 30 bucks and get all three of his credit reports with scores to see whats in his files. He could have everything paid off and one collection for 200 bucks holding him back, he could just pay it off and wait 30 days. 580 isn't all that bad for auto lending. Does he have bankruptcies, repo's, backed child support or old unpaid medical bills?

Everyone can get a free credit report once a year from all three agencies (this is the government-ordered one, not the scam where they try to sell you credit monitoring).

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

These don't include the FICO scores but at least you can see what might be causing problems.

Das Texan
08-24-2007, 11:45 PM
get a load from jim

:lol