PDA

View Full Version : The Thompson Brothers

08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I see where WOAI reshuffled their lineup and the Thompson Brothers aren't doing their afternoon show.

Anyone know where they're off to?

duncan228
08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
FromWayDowntown posted this in the Vexler thread on the Spurs board.
The last couple of paragraphs say it hasn't been announced.
The thread:http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75903&page=6&pp=26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can apparently add the Thompson Brothers to the WOAI/Clear Channel exodus:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblo...ts_changes.html

More WOAI exits, changes

Jason and Rob Thompson said today at the top of their WOAI show that they're waving goodbye to San Antonio and their late afternoon "Prime Time San Antonio" show.

Their last on-air day here, from what I could gather, will be Friday.

Morning man Joe "Pags" Pagliarulo will succeed them as host of the 5-to-8 p.m. talk show. As for who'll succeed him on "First News San Antonio," WOAI's Web site suggests Charlie Parker will be returning.

As for how long they'll let Parker settle in there, well. . .as we know he has been moved around at the Clear Channel operation more than a fruitcake at Christmastime.

I guess "Pags" will enjoy the later show as he'll get to sleep in and then gab, gab, gab about all kinds of things to his heart's content.

Pardon me if I yawn. WOAI's known for fixing things that weren't broken. The morning show ratings with "Pags" at the helm are spectacular, yet they're changing the lineup.

I hope he realizes that the evening show comes with a kind of curse, as the turnover has been huge the last several years, despite terrific ratings; first, Chris Duel was yanked and then Jeff Bolton. Now, the Thompson brothers are out of there.

As for where they're going, the brothers gushed and gushed about how this is such a "different opportunity," one they couldn't possibly pass up. Yet, the entire time I listened, they never actually said what it was. Don't you just hate that?

WOAI, too, promised a press release about all this right after the Thompsons' "announcement," after I asked Clear Channel operations manager George King about the rumored changes as long ago as last week and again today. It's 7 p.m., however, and I've been sent nothing.

Joe "Pags" wouldn't comment either — even though listeners told me he actually announced moving to the p.m. on his show this morning. Welcome to corporate radio.

The Jason half of the Thompson brothers never returned my call last week either. . Oh, well. The comforting thing — or maybe it's discomforting — is that WOAI, no doubt, will be going through something like this once again in a couple of years. . .if not sooner.

T Park
08-25-2007, 02:26 PM
I liked Joe Pags in the morning.

Shame..

angel_luv
08-25-2007, 02:38 PM
I wish the Thompson brothers would go back to Spurs game night React.

I won't listen to it as long as Charlie Parker hosts it- a shame since I like Chance.

maxpower
08-25-2007, 02:50 PM

I won't listen to it as long as Charlie Parker hosts it- a shame since I like Chance.

A fellow parker-loather. :toast

T Park
08-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Anybody that likes Parker, must have a loss of brain cells, cause hes a total douchebag.

T Park
08-25-2007, 03:04 PM

the way I read it, they are moving out of san antonio all together, not to mention moving radio stations.

Steve Perry
08-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Rob Thompson is cool, Jason Thompson is an asshat that likes to blame the refs after every Spurs loss. If you go to Hooters or any other Ticket function, Rob will shake your hand. Jason will act like your shit, and your not worthy to be in the same building. How can Tpark criticize Charlie Parker when he does not allow others to criticize Jeff Vexler?

T Park
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM
How can Tpark criticize Charlie Parker when he does not allow others to criticize Jeff Vexler?

I've got no problem with people critiqeing Vexler, just making up bullshit stories about him is the problem I have.

Jason Thompson is an asshat that likes to blame the refs after every Spurs loss. If you go to Hooters or any other Ticket function, Rob will shake your hand. Jason will act like your shit, and your not worthy to be in the same building

I call bullshit on this as well, I've met Jason a bunch of times, and both Rob AND Jason, have been nothing but good guys, quality guys to everyone.

bendmz
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
HOLY SHIT !!!!!
the Thompson Brothers were great in the afternoon....
Pags got that whininey voice and then side by side with Parker......
TOO DAMN BAD......

T Park
08-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Pags got that whininey voice and then side by side with Parker......
TOO DAMN BAD......

whiney?

He has a deep voice.....

he wont be side by side with Parker

Parker will do mornings.

Dunno what they will do for a show after Pags in the afternoon

bendmz
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM
whiney?

He has a deep voice.....

he wont be side by side with Parker

Parker will do mornings.

Dunno what they will do for a show after Pags in the afternoon

sO WHAT, pARKER GOING TO REPLACE pAGS IN THE am?
Can't they find a spot for Parker ? like a closet......
Pags does not have a deep voice.... Parker has a deep voice, and Pags just brings up shit with no follow....
I normally change after their guess the year segment, that's about 6:50 am

CharlieMac
08-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I really liked them. It figures that they would get the axe.

Winston Wolf
08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I call bullshit on this as well, I've met Jason a bunch of times, and both Rob AND Jason, have been nothing but good guys, quality guys to everyone.

Lots of folks have Met you also, that doesn't mean your not an ass!

PeterBurns
08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
There are a lot of changes that are going on at Clear Channel right now. But, also there are a lot of changes in all of radio.

In my 3 1/2 years, I've probably seen 40+ people come and go. It's the nature of the biz.

The Bros will be missed on-air. You can still listen to their Fox Sports Show on Sunday Mornings.

Stay tuned for some other changes soon. Especially with the Ticket 760.

T Park
08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
The Bros will be missed on-air. You can still listen to their Fox Sports Show on Sunday Mornings.

where the hell are they going?

King
08-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Not local. But, I don't know how much can be said. I'll let Pete take that one.

Last Comic Standing
08-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I saw them wearing FOX caps in the studio last week

angel_luv
08-26-2007, 10:34 PM
the way I read it, they are moving out of san antonio all together, not to mention moving radio stations.

:depressed

SequSpur
08-26-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't listen to either stations anymore so wgaf.

King
08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I saw them wearing FOX caps in the studio last week

T You can still listen to their Fox Sports Show on Sunday Mornings.

ShoogarBear
08-26-2007, 11:51 PM
So glad you didn't say "Jason or Rob?"

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 06:58 AM
There are a lot of changes that are going on at Clear Channel right now. But, also there are a lot of changes in all of radio.

In my 3 1/2 years, I've probably seen 40+ people come and go. It's the nature of the biz.

Stay tuned for some other changes soon. Especially with the Ticket 760.

You doing a fantasy football show this year, Pete?

PeterBurns
08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
You doing a fantasy football show this year, Pete?

What's up Mikey....
I'm not doing the show this year.

Kind of a weird deal.
Our show got syndicated by FoxSports with Lundy and Me as the hosts, but a week before the 1st show, Clear Channel internally asked Nate to step down from the show, to focus on running WOAI.

So we stepped down from the show, and the Thompson Brothers took over.

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Well that sucks!

Who can I do my "Brotha from anotha motha" call to now? :lol

BacktoBasics
08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I've got no problem with people critiqeing Vexler, just making up bullshit stories about him is the problem I have.

Fuck you asshole. I never made anything up, I have no reason to. Vex PM'd me and I provided him with her name and some other information. Its not my fault you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, why you insist on talking out your ass is beyond me. You don't like what was said take it up with Vex but you aren't going to call me a fucking liar you piece of shit. I never made anything up and I provided Vex with everything he asked for so if you think I was lying maybe you should take it to him and stop accusing me of something that isn't true. He also offered and apology for his behavior and I told him it was no big deal and no hard feelings.

Otherwise its completely and totally inaccurate to call my opinion a lie. Its a fucking opinion are you too fucking stupid to understand the difference between my personal opinion about his work and false information...obviously not. You want facts pertaining to his personal life go ask for them but don't call me a fucking liar in the process? Vex has the info you need right now and I didn't hesitate one second to PM the information he was after, so take your BS accusations and shove them up you ass.

Get your fucking shit together before you start going around and calling people liars because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Bigzax
08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
right on!

bendmz
08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Shit Done Hit The Fan !@!!!!!!