PDA

View Full Version : Sean Marks

nzkickass
12-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Do you want to see sean Marks out there on the court ?

whottt
12-13-2004, 03:14 AM
You should have another choice: Don't have a clue.

It's not that I don't care, I just don't know. I saw him play in the NBA once, like 3 or 4 years ago.

He looked alright in the Olympics...but so did a lot guys that aren't going to do much in the NBA.

A telling fact...he was not the NZ player that impressed me the most...Cameron was. I thought Cameron was by far the best player on your national team. That's not necessarily a good thing for Marks.

Unless Shaq is your center(and sometimes even if he is) the most hated guy on just about every NBA team is the starting Center. Grass is greener type mentality...the guy they haven't seen play that much is romanticized into being the solution...

I am sure you will get a ton of people saying yes...but be warned...they will turn on him quicker than Barry at a FSP GTG once he actually steps on the court.

As for me...I just don't know. Haven't seen enough of Marks, and based on what I have seen I don't think he's better than any of the bigs we have active now. Lots of people hate on our bigs but the truth is we probably have the best all around collection of bigs in the NBA.

Rasho, Horry and Rose are inconsistent but I have a feeling Marks will be also, most bigs are...and those few that aren't are highly coveted. I'm also not sure how good of a shotblocker he is...a key on our team, that's why Rasho starts ahead of Malik. And looking at his stats he doesn't seem like he would be as good of a PCT shooter as Rasho.

I just wish I'd seen him play more then I would have a better idea of what he could do.

T Park
12-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Id replace Wilks on the roster with Marks.

WTH, give him some minutes, see what he does.

boutons
12-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Klutzenberg has played so few minutes, contributed so little other than fouls, replacing Sean with Tony as IR isn't risky. Sean deserves a chance, or, the Spurs should let him go elsewhere. Nobody wants a career as IR practice meat.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-13-2004, 09:49 AM
A little from Column A, a little from Column C.

Athenea
12-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Do you want to see sean Marks out there on the court ?
Yes; I want him out there coz I saw him playing (I know...I know..FIBA rules)...but I think he can make an impact rightaway. :elephant

ChumpDumper
12-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Hell, why not?

If he ends up being inconsistent, how is that different from any other guy not named Duncan?

Dex
12-13-2004, 01:55 PM
They should replace Wilks with Marks on the roster, then make Barry our third stringer at PG. That way, Brent might actually get some minutes. :lmao

ALVAREZ6
12-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Yes; I want him out there coz I saw him playing (I know...I know..FIBA rules)...but I think he can make an impact rightaway. :elephant

i forgot all about Sean Marks... what happened to him?

TeKu
12-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Being a New Zealander I like Marks, a lot! But the unfortunate reality is he has no place being on an NBA squad, especially the Spurs. He has decent skill but, barring one Olympic dunk over Yao Ming, he doesn't impose himself on the game in the way a bigman should. He lacks the presence/fire that Malik/Massenburg bring off the bench. He's a great guy, good teammate etc but I've always wondered what the Spurs saw in him that justified his contract. Granted it's been a while since I saw him play for any extended period without being injured, but then again he is more brittle than Beno.

ShoogarBear
12-13-2004, 11:57 PM
I have no idea whether Marks can make a contribution or not, but I agree that there's no harm in giving him Wilkes' minutes for a while and seeing what's there.

xcoriate
12-14-2004, 08:24 AM
I'd be happy for him to have an opportunity, with guys guys that have played a lot of games and have been in the league along time (Marks meets the second criteria but oddly misses on the first) you generally know what your getting.

However given minutes perhaps Marks has something to show, scrubs are scrubs, until given minutes and an opportunity to prove themselves, look at the bobcats... The guys that now start for that team do a reasonable job and even if they do not start with the bobcaqts later they will find a genuine role within a team. Hart was apparently not good enough to be our 3rd stringer at point but now he not only contributes but puts up some sweet games.

All he needed was an opportunity, and I think Marks deserves a good shot, as we already know what we got with Massenburg.

Gummi
12-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Right now, no. Because we don't have a place for him right now. Massenburg, Rose, Horry, and Rasho aren't injured and therefor there's no spot for him right now. Maybe if Massenburg gets hurt or Horry then we'll see him activated but unless any injuries happen he'll probably not play much this season.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Play the Kiwi!

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Just what the Spurs need, another international big whose greatest (alleged) asset is his shooting touch.

Slo spurs fan
12-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Just what the Spurs need, another international big whose greatest (alleged) asset is his shooting touch.

Duncan is international too! :lol

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:00 PM
USVI