PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the holidays.

Rummpd
12-13-2004, 09:35 AM
1) Suns beat Seattle and continue to streak until January when a mild sunset occurs as Nash gets dinged up.

2) A certain team in LA wins back to back and some talking heads start talking about maybe they underestimated this team, and a certain very odd superstar overthere is still embraced by loyal homers. Meanwhile, that sublime he "cowboy/thug/truckdriver/postman" and Desperado" Housewife story will get even hotter & more wierd with statements like: the Mailman's wife says he is not really retiring blah blah blah, is this a sign of marital problems on either party blah blah blah etc., did Kobe get so mad intentionally?
Whatever, they will get their tail handed to them on X-mas day by the most motivated Shaq in history and Wade by 16 plus despite a serious in your face dunk over Shaq by Kobe that gets lots of media play but was not as good as recent by Brown or Rose. Same day, after a streak of losses, the Pacers somehow find the will to beat Pistons (with 2 near fights) by 2-3. 100 plus police line/security guards line the floor and enjoy ring side "seats" to a great show plus 3x normal pay.

3) Spurs have started another streak of at least 7 wins fueled by great all-around play and motivation to prove Houston a fluke. No one notices external to Spurs fans until January when they begin to pull away from pack.

4) Rasho will have an awesome 4-5 game stretch that makes others and I wonder why he doesn't do this every night.

5) In next 5 games against one of the weaker teams - Barry hits 15 and then Pop in a quandry about minutes.

6) Beno gets noticed nationally in a big way within 2 weeks in either SI or ESPN - he is that good.

7) Duncan is starting a tear and with improved FT shooting will average at least 27/12/3.5 blocks over next 10 games.

8) Parker will also average 17+ and 5+ assists a game next 10 wasting supposedly better PGs in the process.

9) Manu will have a huge breakout game, possibly a triple double, with some rest.

10) Sonics will start to fade in a serious way - while Dallas and Wolves continue to stay within striking distance of Spurs by end of year.

Bonus - Spurs will end year with no more than 8 losses and be the prohibitive true favorites for another ring.

MadDoc (the Sage)

boutons
12-13-2004, 11:22 AM
"Suns beat Seattle"

probably, but if SEA shooters are hot, no.

"and continue to streak until January"

and PHX W-streak right thru SBC on 28 Dec? I think the Spurs wil have beaten MIN @SBC, and ready to ring out the old year with a huge PHX win and a 10-game win streak.

Rummpd
12-13-2004, 12:55 PM
I would be highly excited by a 10+ game win streak right about now by this team and it is not impossible or even improbable. 27 or 28 and 5 would be pretty fair start for sure.

Spurs have only had one really bad game all year = always have a chance.

MadDoc

Medvedenko
12-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Nostra-dumb-ass.

Dex
12-13-2004, 02:00 PM
11) Regardless of their record, the Lakers will still suck.

I bet mine comes true. :lol

boutons
12-13-2004, 02:07 PM
"Spurs have only had one really bad game all year"

Actually, no bad games end to end, although @MEM and @SEA were pretty sucky, really just 4 bad qtrs, and 1 miracle minute.

@SEA, bad 4th (allow 41 points) but pretty sucky all along.

@TOR, bad 4th (total collapse)

MEM, bad 3rd, but 20 TOs

SEA, bad 2nd (score 12, allow 29, lose by 8)

@HOU, nightmarish miracle minute.

pooh
12-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Indy takes the much anticipated rematch against Detroit on Christmas Day.

ducks
12-13-2004, 08:05 PM
I am going to go to suns spurs game in jan
in phoenix