PDA

View Full Version : Sweet southern tea

averageusaconsumer
08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I think that I am seriously addicted. A cup of iced tea on a hot texas day. Is there anything better?

ashbeeigh
08-26-2007, 11:27 PM
No. But which type? I will go out of my way for a giant cup of Chicken Express Tea.

MrChug
08-26-2007, 11:40 PM
No. But which type? I will go out of my way for a giant cup of Chicken Express Tea.

WTF????

Viva Las Espuelas
08-26-2007, 11:43 PM
WTF????forgive her for she knows not.

ashbeeigh
08-26-2007, 11:44 PM
I think that I am seriously addicted. A cup of iced tea on a hot texas day. Is there anything better?

WTF????

Nothing compares to a cup of tea...but which brand/type? was my response.

iminlakerland
08-26-2007, 11:47 PM
My Best friend Terrynce just moved to Atlanta...and he is a huge tea fan...according to him hes already put on pounds because of the Sweet Tea alone.

MrChug
08-27-2007, 12:05 AM
My Best friend Terrynce just moved to Atlanta...and he is a huge tea fan...according to him hes already put on pounds because of the Sweet Tea alone.

Quite possible...the way Texans make it, too much sugar. Cut sugar ALONE out of your diet you'll lose tons. I can see how it can make you a fatass.

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Quite possible...the way Texans make it, too much sugar. Cut sugar ALONE out of your diet you'll lose tons. I can see how it can make you a fatass.

I agree.

As a kid I loved sweet tea but grew out of it because it became too sweet. Now I only drink unsweet.

And for the record, sweet tea is more of a deep south thing(there is a difference between "southern" and "Texan")...although many Texans drink it also. Many Texans also prefer unsweet. I also know a few who will go to Bill Miller (the best tea, IMO) and get half sweet/half unsweet.

ObiwanGinobili
08-27-2007, 10:07 AM
most Texans I know drink thier tea Unsweet.
I actually have a hard time finding sweet tea at most restaurants (bill millers is abotu the only place I know of).

I prefer to make my own tea at home on the porch in a glass pitcher.
we drink so much I make it about everyday, sometimes more, and now I'm doing flavors...

ShoogarBear
08-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Bill Miller (the best tea, IMO):tu

The only reason for Bill Miller's to exist, really.

CubanMustGo
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I actually have a hard time finding sweet tea at most restaurants (bill millers is abotu the only place I know of).

May be true in your neck of the woods, up here in Far South Oklahoma I hear people bitching all the time when there's not a pitcher of liquid sugar available. Yeesh that crap will rot your teeth faster than Coke.

ChumpDumper
08-27-2007, 11:56 AM
I spit the tea out the window if the drive-thru guy gives me sweet tea by mistake.

Ugh.

tlongII
08-27-2007, 11:59 AM
You have to have sugar in it. That's the only way! Not too much though. I stick with Lipton's.

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
You have to have sugar in it. That's the only way! Not too much though. I stick with Lipton's.

Maybe you have to...I sure as hell don't! :)

CubanMustGo
08-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't ... but "sugar" in my case, when I want it, is one pack of equal or splenda in a large glass.

08-27-2007, 12:37 PM
:tu

The only reason for Bill Miller's to exist, really.

That, and their hot sauce.

2Blonde
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I spit the tea out the window if the drive-thru guy gives me sweet tea by mistake.

Ugh.
HAHAHA ... I do the same thing! I can't stand sweet tea. I like mine unsweet with either lemon or lime in it. :spin

peewee's lovechild
08-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Sweet Leaf Tea is better than sex . . . well, very close to it at least.

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 10:09 PM
HAHAHA ... I do the same thing! I can't stand sweet tea. I like mine unsweet with either lemon or lime in it.

I agree...I really like lime in mine.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd actually like a big glass of Bill Miller's sweet tea with lime right now, but I'd be up all night.

leemajors
08-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Sweet Leaf Tea is better than sex . . . well, very close to it at least.
it better be at those prices.

SequSpur
08-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Ice Tea fricking rules... but just a little sugar....

Bill Millers shit is to sweet...

Try the Ice Black Tea with Syrup at Starbucks.... Ballin!

jaespur21
08-27-2007, 11:17 PM

I prefer to make my own tea at home on the porch in a glass pitcher.
we drink so much I make it about everyday, sometimes more, and now I'm doing flavors...

yeah its about 50/50. im workin @ a restaurant sweet to unsweet ratio. I have a jar i use for sun tea. very thirst quenchin. AS for myself sometimes i drink unsweet sometimes i drink sweet.

ggoose25
08-28-2007, 01:05 AM
In NC, Bojangles had the best sweet tea I've ever had in my life.

It put Bill Miller's to shame.