PDA

View Full Version : Vick pleads guilty after arriving to cheers

Jimcs50
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Vick pleads guilty after arriving to cheers
Associated Press, Updated 2 minutes ago STORY TOOLS:

Michael Vick pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting charge and awaited a Dec. 10 sentencing date that could send the NFL star to prison.

The quarterback arrived at the federal courthouse in a sport utility vehicle Monday and walked into court flanked by his attorneys. His supporters erupted in a roaring cheer drowning out his opponents, silently holding signs. :rolleyes
The plea by the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback was accepted by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who asked: "Are you entering the plea of guilty to a conspiracy charge because you are in fact guilty?"

Vick replied, "Yes, sir."

Hudson emphasized he is not bound by sentencing guidelines and can impose the maximum sentence of up to five years in prison.

"You're taking your chances here. You'll have to live with whatever decision I make," Hudson.

Vick's lead attorney, Billy Martin, said his client would discuss his plea at a news conference.

In his written plea filed in federal court Friday, Vick admitted helping kill six to eight pit bulls and supplying money for gambling on the fights. He said he did not personally place any bets or share in any winnings.

The NFL suspended him indefinitely and without pay Friday after his plea agreement was filed. Merely associating with gamblers can trigger a lifetime ban under the league's personal conduct policy.

The case began in late April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the former Virginia Tech star's rural Surry County property and seized dozens of dogs, some injured, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting.

A federal indictment issued in July charged Vick, Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach, Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Tony Taylor of Hampton with an interstate dogfighting conspiracy. Vick initially denied any involvement, and all four men pleaded innocent. Taylor was the first to change his plea to guilty; Phillips and Peace soon followed.

The details outlined in the indictment and other court papers fueled a public backlash against Vick and cost him several lucrative endorsement deals, even before he agreed to plead guilty.

In announcing the suspension, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell opened the way for the Falcons to attempt to recover $22 million of Vick's signing bonus from the 10-year, $130 million contract he signed in 2004.

Vick's plea came just hours before the Falcons play an exhibition game at home against the Cincinnati Bengals. This will be the first chance for the team to see what effect Vick's case has on attendance at the Georgia Dome. Vick wears the biggest-selling jersey in team history and is given much credit for the team's 51 consecutive sellouts.

After initially denying his involvement, Vick has said little publicly about the case. Privately, he met with Goodell and Falcons owner Arthur Blank when the investigation was just beginning, and almost certainly lied to both.

Vick's defense attorney, Billy Martin, has said Vick will "explain his actions" publicly, but did not say when. The "Tom Joyner Morning Show," a syndicated program based in Dallas, said it will have a live interview with Vick on Tuesday, and he will take questions from callers.

Jimcs50
08-27-2007, 10:37 AM
It is totally disturbing to hear that people actually would go out of their way to go to courthouse to show supoort for this piece of shit.

This country never ceases to amaze me.

mardigan
08-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Of course people are there to defend him
He will have his supporters that feel that this is a race thing and that he is being demonized, and I really cant completely blame them.
A lot of Americans like to root for the villian

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
What kills me is the people who say "give him due process" then he gets due process, admits guilt and those people are still saying "he didn't do nothin'" or "its no big deal"

He broke the law...but its ok?

TheTruth
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
God forgives...Why can't you???!?!?

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
God forgives...Why can't you???!?!?

Um..which is why I said in the other Vick thread that he should be allowed to pursue a career after jail.

I don't agree with what he did but I am not going to say he is innocent when he has admitted guilt.

TheTruth
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
The truth shall set you free!!!!

samikeyp
08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
The truth shall set you free!!!!

and the truth is sending Vick to the slammer.

LakeShow
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/xussquid/runvickrun2rf9.jpg

lebomb
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
WTF does everyone want from Vick??? He pleaded guilty. He is getting what he deserves.

monosylab1k
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
It is totally disturbing to hear that people actually would go out of their way to go to courthouse to show supoort for this piece of shit.

Yeah freedom of speech is a disturbing thing.

duncan228
08-27-2007, 03:13 PM
He apologized at the news conference.

http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=070827&cat=sports&st=sportsd8r9hgk00&src=ap

Vick Issues Apology After Guilty Plea

By LARRY O'DELL

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Looking somber and speaking "from the heart," Michael Vick apologized Monday for "using bad judgment and making bad decisions" and vowed to redeem himself after pleading guilty to a federal dogfighting charge.

"First I want to apologize for all the things that I've done and that I have allowed to happen," the star quarterback said at a news conference following his appearance in U.S. District Court to formally enter the plea.

Sentencing was set for Dec. 10 and Vick could be sent to prison for one to five years. Vick was suspended indefinitely by the NFL last week.

In Atlanta, the Falcons said they would not cut Vick immediately because of salary-cap issues. The team intends to pursue the $22 million in bonus money that he already received in a record $130 million contract signed in 2004.

"We cannot tell you today that Michael is cut from the team," owner Arthur Blank said. "It may feel better emotionally for us and many of our fans, but it's not in the long-term best interests of the franchise."

Vick made his first public statements on the dogfighting ring and said:

"I made a mistake of using bad judgment and making bad decisions. Those things just can't happen. Dogfighting is a terrible thing, and I do reject it."

He singled out NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Blank, coach Bobby Petrino and his teammates for personal apologies, saying "I was not honest and forthright in our discussions."

He also apologized to "all the young kids out there for my immature acts and what I did _ and what I did was very immature. So that means I need to grow up."

"I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player," he said.

He concluded by saying, "I offer my deepest apologies to everyone. And I will redeem myself. I have to."

Vick took no questions.

He said little in court, standing erect and softly answering "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" to U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson's questions. Family members occupied the front row of the packed courtroom for the 15-minute hearing.

The plea by the suspended quarterback was accepted by Hudson, who asked: "Are you entering the plea of guilty to a conspiracy charge because you are in fact guilty?"

Vick answered yes.

Hudson emphasized he is not bound by sentencing guidelines or the recommendations of prosecutors and can impose the maximum sentence. Prosecutors proposed a 12- to 18-month prison term.

"You're taking your chances here. You'll have to live with whatever decision I make," Hudson said.

"A first-time offender might well receive no jail time for this offense," U.S. Attorney Chuck Rosenberg said in a statement. "We thought, however, that the conduct in this conspiracy was heinous, cruel and inhumane." Vick is one of four defendants in the case.

The first defendant to plead guilty left the conspiracy in 2004 and is not as culpable, Rosenberg said.

Blank and general manager Rich McKay refused to say that Vick's career in Atlanta was over, though that is likely more a legal issue than an indicator of their future plans.

"We cannot undo what's been done," Blank said. "But we can and will recover from this."

The Falcons will receive a $6 million cap credit for Vick's salary this year since he's been suspended without pay. They are still on the hook for approximately $22 million in prorated bonus obligations spread out over this season and the next two.

Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron and former Atlanta Mayor and U.N. Ambassador Andrew Young, both members of the Falcons' board, attended the news conference at Blank's corporate headquarters.

In his written plea filed last week, Vick admitted helping kill six to eight pit bulls and supplying money for gambling on the fights. He said he did not personally place any bets or share in any winnings.

Shortly afterward, the NFL suspended him indefinitely and without pay. Merely associating with gamblers can trigger a lifetime ban under the league's personal conduct policy.

The case began in late April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the former Virginia Tech star's rural Surry County property and seized dozens of dogs, some injured, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting.

A federal indictment issued in July charged Vick, Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach, Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Tony Taylor of Hampton with an interstate dogfighting conspiracy. Vick initially denied any involvement, and all four men pleaded innocent. Taylor was the first to change his plea to guilty; Phillips and Peace soon followed.

The details outlined in the indictment and other court papers fueled a public backlash against Vick and cost him several lucrative endorsement deals, even before he agreed to plead guilty.

The Falcons were to play an exhibition game at home against the Cincinnati Bengals later Monday. This will be the first chance for the team to see what effect Vick's case has on attendance at the Georgia Dome. Vick wears the biggest-selling jersey in team history and is given much credit for its 51 consecutive sellouts.

"We're putting the emotions, the shock, the disappointment, the anger and the once-held hope that this was not true behind us," Blank said. "I assure you we'll do all we possibly can to make this season a success."

Extra Stout
08-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Not throwing people in prison for saying things is different from withholding judgment upon their stupidity as a result of what they say.

K-State Spur
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM

No, but the speech itself can be.

People like the KKK or the Reverend Phelps from Topeka are just using freedom of speech - are you not disturbed by what they choose to do with it?

inconvertible
08-27-2007, 04:58 PM

PR guys pay people to do that shit......cuz last time it looked/sounded real bad.

Dalhoop
08-27-2007, 05:03 PM
In his written plea filed last week, Vick admitted helping kill six to eight pit bulls and supplying money for gambling on the fights. He said he did not personally place any bets or share in any winnings.

Alright, if you supply money for gambling, that tells me that you are associating with gamblers. According to the NFL personal conduct laws, associating with gamblers is a life long ban offence ....

Is his career over?

duncan228
08-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Alright, if you supply money for gambling, that tells me that you are associating with gamblers. According to the NFL personal conduct laws, associating with gamblers is a life long ban offence ....

Is his career over?

I think it probably is.

Goodell seems like a tough sob to me, I think he'll throw the book at him.

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM

There were alot more Boo's than cheers !!!

mardigan
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM
There were alot more Boo's than cheers !!!
Actually there werent, the cheers drowned out the boos, couldnt even hear them

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Actually there werent, the cheers drowned out the boos, couldnt even hear them
That is PURE BULLSHIT !!

mardigan
08-27-2007, 07:56 PM
That is PURE BULLSHIT !!
Well, I mean I watched it live, so no, its not

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, I mean I watched it live, so no, its not
Well, I mean, I watched it live as well, and yes it is !!

Your boy is going to get the opportunity to experience that "rape machine" of his on himself -- but it won't be a dog doing the raping !!

mardigan
08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Well, I mean, I watched it live as well, and yes it is !!

Your boy is going to get the opportunity to experience that "rape machine" of his on himself -- but it won't be a dog doing the raping !!
Cause I said he was my boy and all. I just value human life over dogs.

Vick supporters loud and clear outside courthouse
By Elizabeth Merrill
ESPN.com
Updated: August 27, 2007, 5:22 PM ET

RICHMOND, Va. -- "You should pray," a woman in a Michael Vick T-shirt told Brigitte Picard.

Picard was holding up a sign that said, "YOUR GOOD NAME … DOGKILLER." She'd gotten up early, driven four hours, just to let her two dogs know that "Mommy is here for them." She was in the middle of a sentence as hallelujahs and Bible music flowed about a block down.

She was outnumbered.

On a bizarre day that was a cross between sporting event and religious revival, Michael Vick did what was expected -- he pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge. What wasn't expected, at least in the animal-rights circles, was that Vick's supporters would at least temporarily drown out four months of outrage.

Supporters for Michael Vick chant outside federal court Monday in Richmond, Va.
As his gray Range Rover rolled up Main Street at 10:19 a.m., Vick was greeted with cheers and women jumping up and down and signs that said, "Ookie! We love you!" After he walked up a ramp through the double doors that led to the courthouse, his supporters sang, "We Shall Overcome," and chanted, "We love Mike."

It was almost like a football game. Two sides lined up on opposite ends of a stretch of yellow barricades across the street from the courthouse. On 10th Street stood the animal-rights people. Near 11th were the Vick supporters. And Vick's group was considerably more vocal.

About 200 of them boarded a bus early Monday morning in Newport News, Va., which is Vick's hometown. Two of them were pastors from churches they say Vick attends. Domeka Kelley, the pastor of Psalms Ministry, says Vick donated $317,000 to build a new church. Kelley says Vick did it before the dogfighting charges.

"The Michael Vick we know is not the Michael Vick the media has portrayed," Kelley said. "He's a man who loves God.

"This has hurt him beyond measure."

The atmosphere was much different than the last time Vick was in court in July. Thousands lined up along Main Street to wildly boo and protest Vick. But at one point Monday morning, the people working the event -- the media and the police on horses, motorcycles and bikes -- outnumbered the public. About 600 showed up by late morning.

Twenty-five TV trucks were lined up on the road in the back of the courthouse just before midnight Sunday. Under a full moon, the only sounds were the hum of the engines and the chatter of a few night owls preparing Monday's shows.

A police officer working the scene said that the animal-rights activists were probably resting up for the morning. But some of them never came.

There was the scruffy-faced guy who started barking when a young man held up a pro-Vick sign that said, "Don't listen to them haters." There were the legions of PETA folks who gripped their posters of a mangled dog, and the man with the Chihuahua and a T-shirt that said, "My dog hates Michael Vick."

Animal-rights activists protest before Vick's arrival for his court appearance Monday.
PETA spokesman Dan Shannon said some of the silence was by choice. He asked his people to be quiet Monday out of respect for the court setting. Some listened; some didn't.

"I think the outrage is there," Shannon said. "You look at any of the Web sites and some of the calls on the sports radio shows … People are just as outraged now as they have been. It's just taken a different form."

For the animal supporters, Monday took on an anticlimactic form. It had been a week since the announcement that Vick would plead guilty. The fighting, at least in this case, was basically over.

But it might have just started for Vick, the Falcons' suspended quarterback.

Vick appeared to acknowledge his supporters when he walked out of the courthouse, flanked by his attorneys, dressed in a dark blue suit and crisp white shirt. He glanced across the street and appeared to nod slightly.

The crowd followed him down to 12th Street, where Vick gave a statement to the media at the Omni Hotel. Police officers told both sides they couldn't go into the conference room, which was stuffed with reporters.

Vick entered a side door and stepped up to the microphones shortly after 11:30 a.m. He had a small slip of paper tucked away in his hand and took a deep breath before he spoke.

He said he acted immaturely. He said he took full responsibility for his actions and had found Jesus.

"I will redeem myself," Vick said. "I have to."

He walked to the door near the corner, where his lawyers in dark suits were listening. He hugged a person who appeared to be part of his legal team.

Then the gray Range Rover was gone, while his fans still stood outside the hotel waiting, near the PETA people and the businessmen and the gawkers. On Monday, they all stood on different sides.

Elizabeth Merrill is a senior writer for ESPN.com. She can be reached at [email protected].

Anything else smart guy? Two different articles on the same page say your wrong
maybe you should go get your hearing checked out

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Cause I said he was my boy and all. I just value human life over dogs.

Vick supporters loud and clear outside courthouse
By Elizabeth Merrill
ESPN.com
Updated: August 27, 2007, 5:22 PM ET

RICHMOND, Va. -- "You should pray," a woman in a Michael Vick T-shirt told Brigitte Picard.

Picard was holding up a sign that said, "YOUR GOOD NAME … DOGKILLER." She'd gotten up early, driven four hours, just to let her two dogs know that "Mommy is here for them." She was in the middle of a sentence as hallelujahs and Bible music flowed about a block down.

She was outnumbered.

On a bizarre day that was a cross between sporting event and religious revival, Michael Vick did what was expected -- he pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge. What wasn't expected, at least in the animal-rights circles, was that Vick's supporters would at least temporarily drown out four months of outrage.

Supporters for Michael Vick chant outside federal court Monday in Richmond, Va.
As his gray Range Rover rolled up Main Street at 10:19 a.m., Vick was greeted with cheers and women jumping up and down and signs that said, "Ookie! We love you!" After he walked up a ramp through the double doors that led to the courthouse, his supporters sang, "We Shall Overcome," and chanted, "We love Mike."

It was almost like a football game. Two sides lined up on opposite ends of a stretch of yellow barricades across the street from the courthouse. On 10th Street stood the animal-rights people. Near 11th were the Vick supporters. And Vick's group was considerably more vocal.

About 200 of them boarded a bus early Monday morning in Newport News, Va., which is Vick's hometown. Two of them were pastors from churches they say Vick attends. Domeka Kelley, the pastor of Psalms Ministry, says Vick donated $317,000 to build a new church. Kelley says Vick did it before the dogfighting charges.

"The Michael Vick we know is not the Michael Vick the media has portrayed," Kelley said. "He's a man who loves God.

"This has hurt him beyond measure."

The atmosphere was much different than the last time Vick was in court in July. Thousands lined up along Main Street to wildly boo and protest Vick. But at one point Monday morning, the people working the event -- the media and the police on horses, motorcycles and bikes -- outnumbered the public. About 600 showed up by late morning.

Twenty-five TV trucks were lined up on the road in the back of the courthouse just before midnight Sunday. Under a full moon, the only sounds were the hum of the engines and the chatter of a few night owls preparing Monday's shows.

A police officer working the scene said that the animal-rights activists were probably resting up for the morning. But some of them never came.

There was the scruffy-faced guy who started barking when a young man held up a pro-Vick sign that said, "Don't listen to them haters." There were the legions of PETA folks who gripped their posters of a mangled dog, and the man with the Chihuahua and a T-shirt that said, "My dog hates Michael Vick."

Animal-rights activists protest before Vick's arrival for his court appearance Monday.
PETA spokesman Dan Shannon said some of the silence was by choice. He asked his people to be quiet Monday out of respect for the court setting. Some listened; some didn't.

"I think the outrage is there," Shannon said. "You look at any of the Web sites and some of the calls on the sports radio shows … People are just as outraged now as they have been. It's just taken a different form."

For the animal supporters, Monday took on an anticlimactic form. It had been a week since the announcement that Vick would plead guilty. The fighting, at least in this case, was basically over.

But it might have just started for Vick, the Falcons' suspended quarterback.

Vick appeared to acknowledge his supporters when he walked out of the courthouse, flanked by his attorneys, dressed in a dark blue suit and crisp white shirt. He glanced across the street and appeared to nod slightly.

The crowd followed him down to 12th Street, where Vick gave a statement to the media at the Omni Hotel. Police officers told both sides they couldn't go into the conference room, which was stuffed with reporters.

Vick entered a side door and stepped up to the microphones shortly after 11:30 a.m. He had a small slip of paper tucked away in his hand and took a deep breath before he spoke.

He said he acted immaturely. He said he took full responsibility for his actions and had found Jesus.

"I will redeem myself," Vick said. "I have to."

He walked to the door near the corner, where his lawyers in dark suits were listening. He hugged a person who appeared to be part of his legal team.

Then the gray Range Rover was gone, while his fans still stood outside the hotel waiting, near the PETA people and the businessmen and the gawkers. On Monday, they all stood on different sides.

Elizabeth Merrill is a senior writer for ESPN.com. She can be reached at [email protected].

Anything else smart guy? Two different articles on the same page say your wrong
maybe you should go get your hearing checked out
When does "reading" a stupid article have anything to do with hearing it on TV? You said you "heard" it ! Liar just like your boy Vick, huh ? Maybe you can visit him in the pen and provide the vaseline he's gonna be needing after he gets the same raping he provided for his dogs. Only his won't be canines raping his sorry ass !!

monosylab1k
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM
People like the KKK or the Reverend Phelps from Topeka are just using freedom of speech - are you not disturbed by what they choose to do with it?

I'm not disturbed by the KKK talking about how much they hate black people. I'm disturbed when they go lynch one.

People showing some support for Michael Vick and cheering for him is something I wouldn't do, but they can do what they want. And honestly, I'd rather Michael Vick receive some cheers than hear the cheers that a murderer like Ray Lewis gets every Sunday.

I'd be disturbed if they all started their own dogfighting rings in support of Vick.

mardigan
08-27-2007, 10:03 PM
When does "reading" a stupid article have anything to do with hearing it on TV? You said you "heard" it ! Liar just like your boy Vick, huh ? Maybe you can visit him in the pen and provide the vaseline he's gonna be needing after he gets the same raping he provided for his dogs. Only his won't be canines raping his sorry ass !!
Yea, I heard it, just like the people who wrote the articles, who were there.
So yea, your wrong.
And I dont know what your fascination is with jail rape, but you should probably go see a therapist

Whisky Dog
08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm not disturbed by the KKK talking about how much they hate black people. I'm disturbed when they go lynch one.

People showing some support for Michael Vick and cheering for him is something I wouldn't do, but they can do what they want. And honestly, I'd rather Michael Vick receive some cheers than hear the cheers that a murderer like Ray Lewis gets every Sunday.

I'd be disturbed if they all started their own dogfighting rings in support of Vick.

I'm not disturbed by people talking about becoming illegal dogfighting gambling kingpins, but I'm disturbed when someone runs illegal dogfighting and gambling sites and people expect he should walk free in spite of it. Overpopulation has caused our American gene pool to dilute to idiot levels, and the sheer number of these idiots is disturbing to me.

Bandwagon Bill
08-27-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm not disturbed by people talking about becoming illegal dogfighting gambling kingpins, but I'm disturbed when someone runs illegal dogfighting and gambling sites and people expect he should walk free in spite of it. Overpopulation has caused our American gene pool to dilute to idiot levels, and the sheer number of these idiots is disturbing to me.

That's fucking bullshit he went down simply because of the dogfighting and not the gambling at all. Vick isn't a criminal he's just another black guy getting screwed by the system. He shouldn't get any jail time even if he is guilty of dogfighting.

BeerIsGood!
08-27-2007, 10:59 PM
That's fucking bullshit he went down simply because of the dogfighting and not the gambling at all. Vick isn't a criminal he's just another black guy getting screwed by the system. He shouldn't get any jail time even if he is guilty of dogfighting.

That's a f'd up view - Vick broke federal law and admitted to it, so he's definitely a criminal. This doesn't have anything to do with race.

K-State Spur
08-27-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm not disturbed by the KKK talking about how much they hate black people. I'm disturbed when they go lynch one...And honestly, I'd rather Michael Vick receive some cheers than hear the cheers that a murderer like Ray Lewis gets every Sunday.

Most people can't here the KKK or reverend Phelps without finding their talk to be disturbing and scary. If you're indifferent to it, I don't know what that says.

But one of the things about freedom of speech is that a person has the right to say what they want...and everybody else has the same right of freedom of speech to tell that person that they are a freaking idiot for saying it.

As for the Leonard Little and Ray Lewis comparisons - these are getting old. Why not start an independent thread talking about how those 2 guys got off too light? Just because they were lucky enough to pull their transgressions before the league became more image conscious (everybody thank the bengals), does that mean that nobody can be punished or admonished for anything henceforth?

It's like saying if one murderer/thief/rapist goes free, then we shouldn't bother to prosecute any other person ever again...

K-State Spur
08-27-2007, 11:59 PM

trying to pass Vick off as another black guy getting screwed by the system DIMINISHES the actual cases where black men have been screwed by the system.

trying to put a man who has publicly admitted to being in the wrong and breaking a law (a law which MOST people - regardless of race - agree with) in the same boat with people like Hurricane Carter or Genarlow Wilson takes away from the legitimate outrage at their cases.

TLWisfoine
08-28-2007, 12:34 AM

Not this time my friend, not this time!!!

TLWisfoine
08-28-2007, 12:39 AM
trying to pass Vick off as another black guy getting screwed by the system DIMINISHES the actual cases where black men have been screwed by the system.

trying to put a man who has publicly admitted to being in the wrong and breaking a law (a law which MOST people - regardless of race - agree with) in the same boat with people like Hurricane Carter or Genarlow Wilson takes away from the legitimate outrage at their cases.

Speaking of Genarlow Wilson, how screwed up is that mess. Don't even get me started!!!

K-State Spur
08-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Speaking of Genarlow Wilson, how screwed up is that mess. Don't even get me started!!!

Georgia is ass backwards - unbelievable that kind of crap can still happen. Unbelievable even more so that it can happen - be acknowledged - and still not rectified. (Not to get you started... :)

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm not disturbed by people talking about becoming illegal dogfighting gambling kingpins, but I'm disturbed when someone runs illegal dogfighting and gambling sites and people expect he should walk free in spite of it.

This wasn't about Michael Vick you moron. It was about his supporters. If they want to support him for whatever stupid reason, what the fuck do you care? Now if they go on a killing spree in protest, THEN it's a problem.

DarkReign
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Georgia is ass backwards - unbelievable that kind of crap can still happen. Unbelievable even more so that it can happen - be acknowledged - and still not rectified. (Not to get you started... :)

The 15 year old young black male imprisoned for a consensual blowjob?

Most fucked-up, racist snowjob of the latter 20th century. More reasons to not live in the South if you are black. Damn rednecks cant even admit the South lost the war, much less admit that them "colored folks" are actually human beings with equal, God-given rights.

DarkReign
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I had heard the young man was released though?

http://www.wilsonappeal.com/update.html

Man, was I wrong. What a travesty. I signed the petition, even though it doesnt mean shit.

Whisky Dog
08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
This wasn't about Michael Vick you moron. It was about his supporters. If they want to support him for whatever stupid reason, what the fuck do you care? Now if they go on a killing spree in protest, THEN it's a problem.

If I want to call them stupid ass people who deserve to be collectively kicked in the face, then what the fuck do you care? Now if I actually assaulted them, THEN it's a problem. Calm the fuck down bitch. I misunderstood you, but guess what? You're argument was still bullshit.